Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Montasque posted:

Thanks for picking up my talk-radio slack. I won't have a chance to really listen again until a few weeks.
But this is when we need you the most, Montasque!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I really think Rubio is on the wrong side of the expectations game right now. If any other candidate experiences an artificial polling bump within the next week, or Rubio doesn't give a strong performance in NH, then all of that "marcomentum" he earned in Iowa is going to be finished and he'll have to start over with a strong performance in a new state.

Then again, I don't see how Rubio can possibly try to lower expectations over the next week because he NEEDS to nail 2nd place.

HOT TAKE

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Thanks for picking up my talk-radio slack.

Thanks for getting me back into this crap you jerk.

I was sober for like a decade and now I'm back on the smack, rotting my brain.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

What's the best case scenario for anarchy. Trump 1, Jeb 2, Christie/Kasich 3 in NH?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

But this is when we need you the most, Montasque!

Nah, it won't get good until Ted Cruz loses and the subsequent Mark Levin meltdown. Rush and Hannity are pretty safe/boring right now and are in the RUBIO/CRUZ/TRUMP ARE COOL holding pattern.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Thanks for getting me back into this crap you jerk.

I was sober for like a decade and now I'm back on the smack, rotting my brain.

You have a front seat at the institute of advanced conservative studies. You'll thank me later once Rush delves deep into this new ALT RIGHT thing.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 3, 2016

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Rocks posted:

What's the best case scenario for anarchy. Trump 1, Jeb 2, Christie/Kasich 3 in NH?

Cruz 1 Kasich 2 Trump 3

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Rocks posted:

Christie 1, Trump 2, Jeb 3

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Rocks posted:

Trump in 1st by a country mile, Rubio and Cruz the further down the better. At this point you want to be hoping that Rand Paul's name on the ballot outperforms Cruz.

Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.
I give out hugs. I'm from Miami. That's what we do.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Trump in 1st by a country mile, Rubio and Cruz the further down the better. At this point you want to be hoping that Rand Paul's name on the ballot outperforms Cruz.

Nah a stronger Cruz showing creates anarchy since he's anathema to the establishment. They despise the guy, look what happened when Trump launched his birther attacks. Trump 1, Cruz and Not-Rubio Establishment fighting for 2 and 3 is the best recipe for drama.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
This time 4 years ago Romney led Ron Paul 40% to 19% in the RCP New Hampshire Polling Average. Romney won New Hampshire over Paul 39% to 23%, and went on to become the nominee.

This time 8 years ago McCain led Romney 32% to 28% in the RCP New Hampshire Polling Average. McCain won New Hampshire over 37% to 32%, and went on to become the nominee.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/compare/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary_2016_2012_2008.html

Today, Donald Trump leads second place Ted Cruz 33% to 12% in the RCP New Hampshire Polling Average.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

So clearly Trump is going to hit Cruz on being as Machiavellian as he looks and sounds.

What's his attack plan on Water Boy?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

You have a front seat at the institute of advanced conservative studies. You'll thank me later once Rush delves deep into this new ALT RIGHT thing.

I like Rick's alt right thing. We need more national figures taking the piss out of political groups.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Rocks posted:

Trump - Kasich - Cruz - Christie - Rubio

KaptainKrunk fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 3, 2016

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

KaptainKrunk posted:

So clearly Trump is going to hit Cruz on being as Machiavellian as he looks and sounds.

He's going to declare that Gatorade is better, simultaneously causing Rubio to fly into a blind rage and completing the transformation into President Camacho.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So NH has the 10% break point yeah? Do those votes just go away or do they get second choices?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

KaptainKrunk posted:

The attack line on Rubio is Empty suit owned by superpacs who is more of the same garbage.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Rush is running with a story that Rubio might also be as guilty as Cruz re: the Carson dropping out rumor. His campaign worked on Monday to spread the message that he was dropping out.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

TheTatteredKing posted:

So NH has the 10% break point yeah? Do those votes just go away or do they get second choices?

by my reading of this:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/NH-R posted:

20 National Convention delegates are to be bound proportionally to presidential contenders based on the primary vote statewide [RSA 659:93].
A 10% threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates.
Allocate delegates based on the 20 × candidate's vote ÷ total statewide vote. Round to the nearest whole number.
Any delegate positions that remain open are awarded to the candidate with the highest statewide vote total.

the delegates are assigned based on the pre threshold percentages and the remaining delegates go to the top finisher. which is weird but really wouldn't be out of place in this whole silly system

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

oystertoadfish posted:

by my reading of this:

the delegates are assigned based on the pre threshold percentages and the remaining delegates go to the top finisher. which is weird but really wouldn't be out of place in this whole silly system

Trump is back in boys! He should easily take over the delegate lead from Cruz, probably by a lot, maybe, there is going to be a ton of guys, and iCarly that don't make 10%, even Rand, gonna be a blood bath.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Montasque posted:

The attack line on Rubio is Empty suit owned by superpacs who is more of the same garbage.

It checks out.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the delegate lead here early will be completely washed out by the all or nothing states

pretty sure the gop forced the first few states to be proportional for precisely this reason - you can be the narrative-setting early bullshit state or you can actually contribute meaningfully to the delegate count, but not both

in most cycles the narrative selects the ultimate winner before most delegates are handed out, but maybe this will be a year where delegate count matters. the current delegate count however is pure trivia, since the news and the people of our great nation seem more interested in letting differences of tenths of a percent set the narrative than actual delegates

edit: if trump wins nh then the ununstumped narrative will matter more than the handful of delegates he picks up due to the particulars of the delegate assignment rules, is all im sayin

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 3, 2016

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
The video is out, and it is more pathetic than imagined

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/please-clap-jeb-bush-begs-crowd-to-applaud-after-speech-is-met-with-total-silence/

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

lmao Jeb!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Youtube Version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5J8RRXnUjk

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol

God he's such a shmuck

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loving drop out Jeb jesus christ

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

This speech has a line here that says "[APPLAUSE]" so you fuckers better applaud :argh:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

In some ways it's better than I thought.
In other ways it's worse.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Nonsense posted:

loving drop out Jeb jesus christ

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Yes, according to people who started wildly hooting and hollering about meltdowns after 1% of the vote in Iowa was reported and, so far, have predicted 100 of the last 0 actual meltdowns and only kind of even know what the word means.

:cry: i was proven wrong on every front and my meme candidate is going to lose :cry:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

This is exactly the schaudenfreude laden pick-me-up I needed after Ted Fuckshit Cruz's moment in the sun.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

I think this is the best thing to come out of this election season so far? I don't know, maybe I'm still just basking in the initial afterglow of watching it.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Low energy video. hard to watch.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Forums Terrorist posted:

schaudenfreude

Is there an example where somebody uses this word in real life and doesn't sound like a complete dunce? Youtube videos only please.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

lmao

i like loser jeb, he's been a good punching bag this season, i'll be sad to see him go.

(also no way he drops out before Florida)

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

uh oh rubio now flip flopping

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/694949811766874112

release the hounds

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Higher fps

that little loving smarmy smile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

I think this is the best thing to come out of this election season so far? I don't know, maybe I'm still just basking in the initial afterglow of watching it.

God, his resigned tone when he says please clap is so pathetic. While I enjoy Jeb related schadenfreude, he's starting to give me really bad second hand embarassment.

• Locked thread