Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

StringOfLetters posted:

Nazi scientist Dr. Vahlen is alive and working on the 'avatar project' for the aliens, she jumped at the chance to continue her horrific unethical gene research with all of ADVENT's resources, she's responsible for the Pectoids, and in the mission where you raid her base, she warns the ADVENT troopers not to use explosives because they need a live resistance member to interrogate.

If you fail a resue mission she actually kills the captured squaddie and makes lampshades from their skin. These will decorate her base when you raid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Has anyone who picked up from GMG got their code yet? I assume not but I guess I'm being paranoid.

Got mine.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Omnicarus posted:

If you fail a resue mission she actually kills the captured squaddie and makes lampshades from their skin. These will decorate her base when you raid it.

Will those lamps miss 95% shots too? :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Steam page has an unlock time too. Looks roughly 11PM tomorrow PST

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Preloads are live according to the steam group.

OSX preloads are also available now too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
There's now a countdown timer to the unlock in your region on the Steam store page.

It's a staggered release. Australia gets it at 5am on the 5th... so in 24 hours.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Check your email folks, GMG just sent me my key :toot:

Copypasted it but Steam tells me it's invalid :ohdear:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
my GMG code tells me it's invalid on Steam. :mad:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

John Dough posted:

Did you paste the preorder DLC code or the game code? They were in the wrong order in my email and I got the resistance warrior pack anyway when I entered my game code.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

John Dough posted:

it's two keys. One is DLC, one is the game

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

John Dough posted:

Figured it out. Two keys, use the first half, then the second half!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:lol: Did you guys really come to post here before trying both keys in the email? Jesus christ lmao

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 31, 2022

snuff
Jul 16, 2003
I got so excited when I got my key that I preloaded my pants :(

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ramadu posted:

:lol: Did you guys really come to post here before trying both keys in the email? Jesus christ lmao

It doesnt look like two keys the way it's formatted, it just looks like one big long key. Thanks for assuming we're all morons, though!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AlternateAccount posted:

Figured it out. Two keys, use the first half, then the second half!

Yes, this worked! Thanks!

Really strange that it's two short, different codes but the email just lists "Xcom2" and doesn't distinguish between them other than a line break.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

splifyphus posted:

Um. So GMG sent me two keys. The first one worked and added XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe to my library. The second key...instacrashes steam. What am I missing, what the hell is the second key for.

Same poo poo happened to me.

Wait steam starts back up and told me I had the resistance warrior pack, aka big fat idiot with no impulse control pack. I guess it was that?

Berious fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 3, 2016

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

splifyphus posted:

Um. So GMG sent me two keys. The first one worked and added XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe to my library. The second key...instacrashes steam. What am I missing, what the hell is the second key for.

The other should be the pre-order bonus, not sure why steam freaks out whenever someone tries activating it now though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

AlternateAccount posted:

It doesnt look like two keys the way it's formatted, it just looks like one big long key. Thanks for assuming we're all morons, though!

It's no problem buddy. It is usually hard to distinguish these things when they are separated and on different lines of the email.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Both codes froze steam but give it 15-20 secs and it was right as rain again.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Neat, I do get to preload before I leave town, so I can start play as soon as I get home. :toot:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This is when the hype begins and the wild impulse buy ins appears.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Ramadu posted:

It's no problem buddy. It is usually hard to distinguish these things when they are separated and on different lines of the email.

Hey, turdburglar, some of us might have gone to GMG's site and seen the key, and there it's smushed right together, thanks for playing.

Also, if it seems like it's crashing Steam to add the DLC key, just clicking WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND worked for me, after waiting a bit for the program to respond.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Also, if it seems like it's crashing Steam to add the DLC key, just clicking WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND worked for me, after waiting a bit for the program to respond.

Was it the resistance warrior pack?

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The Kins posted:

There's now a countdown timer to the unlock in your region on the Steam store page.

It's a staggered release. Australia gets it at 5am on the 5th... so in 24 hours.

1day 5 hours in Norway. That's a long time.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Got my GMG key, pre-loading now.

GMG sends you two keys, in the wrong order it seems. The top key is DLC, steam kicks back an error "hey you need to activate the original game first"
Second key activated XCOM 2 and the warrior pack. First key seems redundant. :shrug:

Get hype.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just got my GMG key! :toot:

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 31, 2022

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Berious posted:

Was it the resistance warrior pack?

Yeah, ended up taking like 30 seconds of Steam being greyed out and looking like it was barfing. It recovered, though.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AlternateAccount posted:

Yeah, ended up taking like 30 seconds of Steam being greyed out and looking like it was barfing. It recovered, though.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Preloading this game from green men so I can shoot the green men.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

So we (:911:) get it at midnight tomorrow pretty much.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Still don't have a key from GMG, maybe they are going out in waves? :ohdear:

Edit: phew, there it is.

wuffles fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 3, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Still waiting on my G2A key. :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

wuffles posted:

Juuuust got mine one minute ago so its totally possible the email daemon is working its way through.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

a cow posted:

1day 5 hours in Norway. That's a long time.

Got that in Finland too. I hadn't taken Friday off assuming the usual Valve time release but now I have to make... arrangements.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

wuffles posted:

probably but if you're super impatient it might already be in your keys on the site

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 31, 2022

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think this is going to take a while, even with my reasonable internet speeds it's still saying that it'll take about 8 hours.

Welp I needed to go out and grab a mouse anyway. See you all later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, turdburglar, some of us might have gone to GMG's site and seen the key, and there it's smushed right together, thanks for playing.

Both the website and the email separate them on different lines to prevent people from having this confusion. No need for insults commando. See you in the 'verse!