Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ramza trailer music isn't buttrock enough.

That needs fixing, S-E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

:byodood: I'm Captain Basch fon Ronsenberg of Dalmasca! He's right there! Is there any reason Vaan is saying it except that he's the player character?

I saw it as Balthier taking the opportunity to get Vaan out of his hair for a few minutes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So I played heavensward up until right before getting a flying mount then quit, this happened last August.
My return is conditioned on there being a new Hildy questline. Is there?

He comes back in the next major patch, I believe.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Yeah, Hildy is back in 3.2, on February 23rd.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The current detective quest line is super good and has you helping out the conniving inspector and it's building up to Hildy's return.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The current detective quest line is super good and has you helping out the conniving inspector and it's building up to Hildy's return.

The skinny Elf guy who helps you out and falls in love with that one lady? He's not bad, is he?
Either way seems like it's time I should resub and take it from there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And I've said it once and I'll say it again but the reward for the next Hildy questline better be a flying treaty blade mount

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Calaveron posted:

The skinny Elf guy who helps you out and falls in love with that one lady? He's not bad, is he?
Either way seems like it's time I should resub and take it from there.

Nah he's a cool guy whose name I never ever remember so I just call him what Hildy did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Calaveron posted:

And I've said it once and I'll say it again but the reward for the next Hildy questline better be a flying treaty blade mount

A flying Uncle Ulty + Chupon*

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the annoying weapon questline still in the game?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is the console version of Dissidia gonna have a story mode? I want to watch the Dissidia writers butchering Ramza. Schadenfreude is the only thing that makes me erect.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Ramza trailer music isn't buttrock enough.

That needs fixing, S-E.

:agreed: the rock needs to fit the pants.

Ragequit posted:

My wife got me a new phone case and decided to grab this art print from the same site to fill an empty frame I had:

Figured the FF thread might enjoy it.

This is really neat and geeky and great!

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Augus posted:

Is the console version of Dissidia gonna have a story mode? I want to watch the Dissidia writers butchering Ramza. Schadenfreude is the only thing that makes me erect.

I don't think this has been confirmed yet, but try to stop Square from writing an incomprehensible story for one of their games!

That Death Corps crest is incredible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Augus posted:

butchering all of ramza's personality traits, like

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Law path Denim should be Ramza's enemy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

Yelling a lot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Telling someone to surrender or die in obscurity before he himself dies in obscurity.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Yelling a lot

We already established that the game has that (and stone throwing).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly making ramza super gorgeous already makes him a more memorable and likable character than he was in fft

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ramza has lots of personality traits like
-Is a brother
-Has a sister
-Had a dad
-Had a mom
-Has low self esteem because his brothers have sick beards but he does not.
-Righteous
-Snappy dresser
-Friends with a dude who comes out with sick burns such as "blame yourself or God".
-lovely judge of character

e:
Props to the WotL translation for giving Algus a lisp though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 3, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

How does the overall story of Final Fantasy XIV: ARR hold up? I'm enjoying my trial period but this is probably the big deciding factor on whether I'll actually put money down for it or not.

Endorph posted:

Not being obnoxious. That's kinda a big one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ramza has a sick beard, her name is agrias oaks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:bustem:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

How does the overall story of Final Fantasy XIV: ARR hold up? I'm enjoying my trial period but this is probably the big deciding factor on whether I'll actually put money down for it or not.

Not being obnoxious. That's kinda a big one.

The base story is pretty much shite and gets in the way. You will get sick of reading "Return to the Waking Sands"

Heavensward's story is better but I wouldn't recommend the game for its story in the end. Maybe if you can get a copy of ARR for like $7 and have a month to get to 50 and finish the story.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

ramza has a sick beard, her name is agrias oaks

Close the thread this is the pinnacle.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Augus posted:

The story starts out decently and is very slow burning and repetative for about two thirds of the main story quest. The lowest point precedes you hitting level 30, getting job crystals and the game opening up a fair bit. Once you get your second Primal fight, the story starts to kick into gear a bit more and builds to a great rollicking finale against a sweet final boss.

Heavensward is just awesome Final Fantasy action from beginning to end. It really feels like Game of Thrones got thrown into an anime woodchipper and got sprinkled onto a moogle. It has like a million dragons in it and the final boss is awesome and the Heavensward Dungeons are far better than most of the regular story ones.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Heavensward's story is greatly helped by the fact that for a large portion of it, it's just you and a small group of intrepid NPCs going on a big adventure. It really helps drive things forward that you don't really get stuck in an area for too long.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Augus posted:

Base game ARR has it's moments but is mediocre on the whole. Heavensward is unironically the best story told in any of these bad video games, even if it completely flubs a major plot point.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ramza has lots of personality traits like
-Is a brother
-Has a sister
-Had a dad
-Had a mom
-Has low self esteem because his brothers have sick beards but he does not.
-Righteous
-Snappy dresser
-Friends with a dude who comes out with sick burns such as "blame yourself or God".
-lovely judge of character

e:
Props to the WotL translation for giving Algus a lisp though.

Killed not-Jesus.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ImpAtom posted:

Telling someone to surrender or die in obscurity before he himself dies in obscurity.

Ramza doesn't die in obscurity, he just disappears from Ivalice's history on account of he was too busy adventuring with Dante and Solid Snake

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I loved FFT but I think I played enough of it as a kid that I can't even put any energy into WotL.

In some recent FF stuff, I picked up 13 a little while ago and the Xbox One controller doesn't really work with the PC version as it keeps bugging out (apparently known). Ultimately that's a nitpick but the game itself is really bad and I'm six chapters in and have no energy left to go through the drudgery of two character parties. Meanwhile I played FF7 on iOS with the max levels on just to revisit the story and it surprisingly holds up, although I forgot that the start of disc 3 is right at the end part of the game. At this point I don't even know what one I want to play because FF8 bores the poo poo out of me and I never finished it on the PS1 or PC, and ultimately I'm just waiting for 9 which is the best one. I'd play some of the other FF7 games like Crisis Core since I never touched any of them, but as far as I'm aware there's no easy way to play it that doesn't involve a PSP or Vita.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Actually 13 is good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Ramza doesn't die in obscurity, he just disappears from Ivalice's history on account of he was too busy adventuring with Dante and Solid Snake

I am pretty sure at some point he died and it was in obscurity.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Well, at least he didn't surrender.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I just want a remaster of FF12 so drat much. The recent talk here got me to listen to the soundtrack today and it just made me long for the days I was strolling about Ivalice with my good friend Balthier and his wife with the sexy accent.

Between the improvements on that Japanese-only revision and the really lovely audio quality, it feels like it deserves a proper remaster that would be definitive version of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ImpAtom posted:

Which is kinda nuts, because how can a guy who travels with a robot, a woman who was turned into a dragon, and a dimension-hopping head case with spiky hair die in obscurity?

Then WotL adds a dapper sky pirate and the demon god of horrible fashion.

e: In other news, since I ran out of things to play I started up FF12 IZJS. I've tried FF12 several times and actually enjoy it but never bothered to finish. IZJS's fast-forward is easily my favorite improvement so far, though the camera's kinda wonky, and I can't wait to job system the gently caress out of this game and maybe finally beat it.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 3, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Well, at least he didn't surrender.

If only he had lived an honest life, he wouldn't have died in obscurity.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The creator said that he lived after the ending and had more adventures so he probably didn't die in obscurity

Then again if you want to get technical "ramza beoulve" did die in obscurity so what am I saying...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ImpAtom posted:

If only he had lived an honest life, he wouldn't have died in obscurity.

The guy goes to a bar and orders milk, how much more of a goody two-shoes can a guy be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Somehow I feel like the lovely audio files wouldn't be fixed in a remaster of FF12