Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
POWERFUL GARAGE, KANARIA, Sumire Gumi

Apparently you can vote every day through the 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
POWERFUL GARAGE/Komorebi/Guilty Kiss for me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching Cinderella Girls, and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm going to have to play more Starlight Stage.

X
X

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

FiLLY/Komorebi/pipit here, but I can be easily swayed to POWERFUL GARAGE

book
Nov 29, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm watching Cinderella Girls, and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm going to have to play more Starlight Stage.

It's a lot of fun minus the stupid drama episodes...just like the idolm@ster anime. Also, Asuka is going to be voiced by Shiki Aoki: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28123851

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

graybook posted:

Just simulwatched the movie.

Didn't cry as much as I expected, but still quite the sendoff.

e: because I don't to triplepost: For those playing GFNote, any idea why some people in the rankings have colored user handles?

I cried when Nozomi threw Nico's shoes away. I'll bet Nico felt too ashamed to ask her mom for new shoes, so she had to walk around barefoot for a month while working part-time to buy a new pair.

graybook posted:

Something to the effect of 'Fufu. Gaze upon me... ...have you ever seen such a lovely face?'

And oh man, very nice pulls.

It's more like "Why are you staring at me...? Is my face really so beautiful?"

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Lame, the counter just ticks to 99+.

Really not looking forward to collecting all that. If it's anything like the present box, collect all'll just get 1 screen of stuff, plus whatever the hell it needs to download. Only it'll take like 20 goes. And then I'll have to do it again from the present box. Seriously, this game just loves to load things.

Looking at the event ranks, there's lots of colors. I saw yellow, pink, cyan, and magenta. I wonder how they managed, you only get 10 characters for a name. Although most of the ones I saw were just two-chara names, so maybe it's an 8char code?

I really like the master map for Tulip. It feels suitably frantic without being unpleasant gently caress you Anzu.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Daxing Dan posted:

I cried when Nozomi threw Nico's shoes away. I'll bet Nico felt too ashamed to ask her mom for new shoes, so she had to walk around barefoot for a month while working part-time to buy a new pair.

It's more like "Why are you staring at me...? Is my face really so beautiful?"

Ah, okay then. Thanks for the correction! I'm still blind to the majority of nuances, so maybe I should stop translating things until I have a better handle on the language.

Also yeah Tulip feels like I could almost get it, if it weren't for a couple of really quick patterns, like one of the ones where it's a two-icon swipe where the first swipe arrow is paired to a tap, and then another independent tap one circle away.
I think I finally managed a C combo at some point. If I can break 575k I'll be glad.

graybook fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 3, 2016

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Milli posted:

FiLLY/Komorebi/pipit here, but I can be easily swayed to POWERFUL GARAGE

How does one sway you to the greatness that is POWERFUL GARAGE?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Has anyone else started playing Photokatsu? It's the Aikatsu mobage and it's basically a Jubeat derivative.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

taser rates posted:

Has anyone else started playing Photokatsu? It's the Aikatsu mobage and it's basically a Jubeat derivative.

Aikatsu's cute. I'll take a look, why not.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Somehow I managed to pull an SR Shiki out of the local audition! Woo!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ooh, sweet. Shiki is pretty great. :3 face and all.
Her image song, Himitsu no Toilette, is also a pretty rad jam.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Nice, I didn't even know you could do that. I've had like 4 (repeat) Rares out of that total.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

taser rates posted:

I saw it on the app store, but I have no idea what it does. Get cards -> MV -> picture?

Sonata Mused posted:

Somehow I managed to pull an SR Shiki out of the local audition! Woo!

Nice! Is it the alchemy one? That's such a fascinating picture.

vv Yeah, the idolized picture's fantastic!

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 3, 2016

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

It's the lab coat one. I still haven't had a chance to evolve her yet.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I just remembered to turn 3D back on and my SSR Minami has possibly the least interesting unique outfit, it's the same colour scheme and a pretty similar design to the regular dress. I definitely need another one.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh man, just had to handle late-night levelups in Starlight Stage and GF Note. Well, at least that's a boost in both events.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Zenostein posted:

I saw it on the app store, but I have no idea what it does. Get cards -> MV -> picture?

Having spent several hours on it yesterday, it's pretty much straight up LLSIF/CGSS but like jubeat instead of beatmania. The photos are just the idols you make teams with, so nothing particularly fancy there. It also has a pretty significant story mode split up into multiple storylines by character which is cool, but it's also straight up impossible to progress each storyline past a certain point if your team sucks because you need a minimum score to unlock the next episode, though from what I've seen those tend to have an alternate way to progress, like play X song 5 times or whatever.

There's an event story going on now which is similar to the CGSS type of event where you get event items (feathers in this case) by playing songs then spend the items to attempt one of the event episodes. The difference is that instead of getting a flat amount of items per song, tapping notes in any song you play in will randomly drop the necessary item. It also has the same issue where it's straight up impossible to proceed because of minimum score requirements, but without the alternate way of unlocking like in the main storylines. Anyways, game is pretty cool, I could easily see playing both this and CGSS. Production values aren't as good as CGSS sadly, but I guess that's to be expected for a mobage based on a kid's show. Premium gacha drop rates are comparable to CGSS: 87.5% for Rs, 10.5% for SRs and 2% for PRs.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

This would be a pretty good pace if it wasn't for the last 12 hours of the event when everyone starts dumping their stamina drinks. I'm not leaving without at least one Frederica, but two would be better.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yep, gonna have to start using stamina drinks like crazy onward, huh. I want just one, myself. Frederica is pretty great.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm sitting at 14.1K myself so yea, probably going to have to step it up a bit. Tempted to go for tier 3 this time, but even that's most likely going to be crazy.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'm nowhere near close enough on points to hope getting a Fure-chan. I'm just hoping to make enough points to get Syuko (might have to bomb some stamina drinks since I can only get 370-ish points per medley on Pro).

On another note, I love putting new things in my room and watching how my puchis play with them way too much.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The update where they added the ability to pick up puchis made it instant GOTY.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

taser rates posted:

The update where they added the ability to pick up puchis made it instant GOTY.

It made it easier to try and get the puchis to interact with stuff.

Took a few visits before anyone interacted with the keyboard from an event or two back, though.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I have a really hard time choosing which five to put in my room. I wish I could have like.... 10.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
My own current roster is Shiki, Frederica, Sachiko, Miku, and Mizuki.
Frederica will probably always be there because of how hyper she gets with stuff like the standing lamps.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

I'm nowhere near close enough on points to hope getting a Fure-chan. I'm just hoping to make enough points to get Syuko (might have to bomb some stamina drinks since I can only get 370-ish points per medley on Pro).

Yeah, I'm all-Pro too still so I have to play flat-out just to stay in the 40,000s.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

This would be a pretty good pace if it wasn't for the last 12 hours of the event when everyone starts dumping their stamina drinks. I'm not leaving without at least one Frederica, but two would be better.

At least this type of event seems a little less amenable to last minute spikes, since you still have to actually spend the time to play everything, rather than stockpiling points and vomiting them out 600 at a time or so.

Still, being in the 40s on pro is something else. I've been consistently ~1600 outside of 50, but on master s's get you ~500, I think.

On the other hand, between chocolate and "oh my god no I'm not playing magic" I've managed to get :siren:below one million money:siren:

The real plus side to this sort of event is that once you clear 10k it seems way easier to pick up ranks, at least going upwards to 50k. I'm guessing people stop when they get a shiny new idol.

I really like the daily missions, they encourage you to mash the random button in rooms and see how many people don't decorate like horrible monsters.
…also sometimes you find what appears to be a sex dungeon stuck in a corner. Just like the dream visit thing in animal crossing!

Pro room strat: funny accents. Got that rare from last month with the octopus hairpin and the takoyaki, Sae, and Ranko. Everytime someone talks, it's an adventure!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

At least this type of event seems a little less amenable to last minute spikes, since you still have to actually spend the time to play everything, rather than stockpiling points and vomiting them out 600 at a time or so.

Yeah, that's a good point. Loving the 2,000 line on this

quote:

I really like the daily missions, they encourage you to mash the random button in rooms and see how many people don't decorate like horrible monsters.
…also sometimes you find what appears to be a sex dungeon stuck in a corner. Just like the dream visit thing in animal crossing!

Pro room strat: funny accents. Got that rare from last month with the octopus hairpin and the takoyaki, Sae, and Ranko. Everytime someone talks, it's an adventure!

I should probably do that, I don't want to bug my friends with a like every single day but random victims wouldn't be so bad.

Accents is one of the reasons I still have Anya hanging out in my room. I should probably swap Christmas Haruna out now it's not Christmas any more. My room is very pink-and-brown right now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The Aikatsu game keeps giving me an error shortly after it starts. My thoughts are that either a) there's not enough storage to attempt a necessary download (2x SIF + CGSS + Girlfriend takes a lot of space) or b) it might want me to have a jp ip? Either way, I don't think I care enough to pursue further.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The Aikatsu game keeps giving me an error shortly after it starts. My thoughts are that either a) there's not enough storage to attempt a necessary download (2x SIF + CGSS + Girlfriend takes a lot of space) or b) it might want me to have a jp ip? Either way, I don't think I care enough to pursue further.

Is it error 1015? Because it really doesn't like jailbroken/rooted things. :v Apparently the root-hider things on android don't work (so says the wiki), but on iOS TSProtector did the trick.

On the other hand, I got massive slowdown because someone did an appeal or something. But it's kinda fun, for a different sort of screen-tapping experience. Weird holding the phone like a phone though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zenostein posted:

Is it error 1015? Because it really doesn't like jailbroken/rooted things. :v Apparently the root-hider things on android don't work (so says the wiki), but on iOS TSProtector did the trick.

On the other hand, I got massive slowdown because someone did an appeal or something. But it's kinda fun, for a different sort of screen-tapping experience. Weird holding the phone like a phone though.

It's 1015, but my phone has nothing of that sort done to it :(

I just grabbed it through qooapp.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Other things: don't have USB Debug mode on, because apparently that's just as problematic for android as being rooted, I guess?

The latest version for android is 1.0.6, which you can get from here, (from reddit) https://photokat.su

Also I guess this is Bandai's list of androids it works on. I'd assume that's more of a guideline than a hard list, but who knows.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

This month's Dengeki G's posted:

"Come on, we've still got 30 laps left to go! Left, right, and off to the future!"

C'mon, Dia! Quit wobbling like you're all tired! That's not gonna fool me!
If you've still got enough energy to say the "I" in "I'm tired", then you've got enough energy to run!
Like, it's only the third lap and you're already feeling dizzy? Look, I may be a simple girl, but not even I'd fall for that!
We've got a long way to go as rookie school idols, so we at least need to build up the endurance to run a hundred laps!
It's okay, Dia! You're a strong girl, I know you can take it!
Once you've decided to do something, you gotta keep at it until the very end, and succeed at all costs, right?
You may be a pampered girl, but you've got some real guts! I've always respected you for that, you know?
You can do this, Dia! I believe in you!
Now, come on, let's get going, okay?
You gotta shout as you work those muscles!
And left! Right! Left! Right!
We're the third-years, so when the team falls on hard times, we've gotta be ready to take the lead! Let's do 30 laps with a shiny smile!

Kanan kinda flew under my radar the first time around, but maybe she's cooler than I thought. I now see the light of muscle idols.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zenostein posted:

Other things: don't have USB Debug mode on, because apparently that's just as problematic for android as being rooted, I guess?

It was that, apparently! Thanks, friend! The thing is downloading.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
but it's competing with x-com, so probably not tonight.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
OK, I lied. The minimal voice acting is hard, because kanji. Oh geez, there's a lot of spinning cards and flashy lights, and it's hard to take in for not-entirely-sober_Cantaloupe. Don't think I manage past the tutorial tornight. It's cute, though, and I'll likely play more.

It made me do a pull as part of the tutorial, and I got some short-haired blond girl (R) that I don't recognize, so she's either from after I stopped watching or she's invented for the game. Or I suppose I've simply forgotten her.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

OK, I lied. The minimal voice acting is hard, because kanji. Oh geez, there's a lot of spinning cards and flashy lights, and it's hard to take in for not-entirely-sober_Cantaloupe. Don't think I manage past the tutorial tornight. It's cute, though, and I'll likely play more.

It made me do a pull as part of the tutorial, and I got some short-haired blond girl (R) that I don't recognize, so she's either from after I stopped watching or she's invented for the game. Or I suppose I've simply forgotten her.

There's always the character list on MyAnimeList.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Probably Hinaki, she was one of the new ones in S3 (I stopped watching after S3E2 myself lol).