Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Peanuts (February 3, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 14-15, 1928)

Comics Kingdom liked yesterday's Thimble Theater so much they reposted it today. Please stand by... :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Is Batiuk aware that senior rings are neither mandatory nor as relevant as they used to be? Most of the students in my graduating class never bothered, and these two are clearly uninterested, so why would they?

Oh, right, because the author in question is a hack. Carry on, then.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Progressive for its time, indeed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set wants to know who's on first.

Working Daze puts me to sleep.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix draws from real life.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 10, 1951)

Barnaby (June 17, 1942)

Nancy (February 24, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 7, 1928)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Then Namor plugs his "Sushimania" restuarant.

F Minus

At an office I worked in there were little windows between cube walls and the way they were arranged with where the PC went and all you had no choice but to look directly at the person across from your. Luckily you kind of got used to having someone in your line of sight so you sort of tuned them our and my cube neighbor and I got along pretty well also but I would have hated to have had some of my other coworkers there. It would have been hard to try to come up with a solution to blocking that window so you don't have to deal with them without appearing to be saying "gently caress you" passive-aggressively.

Mary Worth

Oh thank God I don't think I could have taken much more of the tension of the "Can Mary still ice skate" story arc.

Rex Morgan MD

I'm sure that mural of whales in the basement will be a huge selling point, too. Knowing this strip the guy who painted it is now a famous artist and it's worth a fortune by itself.

Secret Agent X-9

"Guilty until prove innocent" is probably a terribly inefficient way of investigating crime anywhere else but in the X-9 world.

Apartment 3-G

"Eeeeexcellent."
"What was that?"
"Nothing!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

They look like they're standing. Is this a mistake, or are there really jobs where people stand in front of a computer in cubicles?

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

It's not uncommon for people to have adjustable desks these days so they can alternate between sitting and standing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (February 24, 1943)

I didn't know Angry Birds was that old.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
Jamesallen reports that Jackelrod has passed away.

We joke, but he did alert us to the dangers of men with sideburns.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Johnny Walker posted:

At an office I worked in there were little windows between cube walls and the way they were arranged with where the PC went and all you had no choice but to look directly at the person across from your. Luckily you kind of got used to having someone in your line of sight so you sort of tuned them our and my cube neighbor and I got along pretty well also but I would have hated to have had some of my other coworkers there. It would have been hard to try to come up with a solution to blocking that window so you don't have to deal with them without appearing to be saying "gently caress you" passive-aggressively.

Family photos, lots of them.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

They look like they're standing. Is this a mistake, or are there really jobs where people stand in front of a computer in cubicles?

Since I have been living in the US medical buildings with a shared first tier secretary have dividers like that for privacy. Think of a row of bank tellers, but with dividers.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

TampaTango posted:

Goddamn. I figured it had to happen eventually, what with the creative turn over, but still. :smith:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

RandomPauI posted:

Is this supposed to be a sex joke or a winter joke or something else?

It's that movie, you know, where Bill Murray played this guy named Wayne with a TV show.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gunther is a good, fine, upstanding young man with whom we should all sympathize. This is how he talks about his friends behind their backs.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Gunther is a good, fine, upstanding young man with whom we should all sympathize. This is how he talks about his friends behind their backs.

I've harped on this before, I know, but dorm curfews at non-military, non-religious schools are very rare now and no student could possibly care as much about them as Bernice does. I guess it fits in with her petty-tyrant RA thing, but they haven't really done anything to show the standard laissez-faire attitude that everyone else surely has in order to provide a contrast.

grrrr I'm mad at comics

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (February 4-5, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (March 11-14, 1954)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

PurdWerfect posted:

It's not uncommon for people to have adjustable desks these days so they can alternate between sitting and standing.

Oh, good, for a moment there I was worried there were jobs where you had to stand over a computer in a cubicle for a whole shift. Imagining having to do it in such a small space makes it seem worse to me for whatever reason.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 04/05/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

"Well if its-a fine, then why do they want to take my licence?"

9 Chickweed Lane

Be sure to only ask for genuine BrookeMawTM at your comics dealer.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

I'll admit it, I liked this one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aardmania posted:

Gil 04/05/15

I doubt you can buy much candy (or anything else) with 50¢.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Fingerpori

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

well this story went places I didn't expect

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Scott Adams: scared of smart women.

Re: Spider-Man
I feel this is another story that will be resolved without Spidey actually ending the conflict, in some nutty way. This is probably the first strip since he fell and cannot get up that he even acknowledged the scientist's diplomacy possibly helping.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Scott Adams: scared of smart women.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TampaTango posted:

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/114933/ :smith:

Post some classic MT in memoriam.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

gently caress you for making me side with Gunther

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Progressive for its time, indeed.

I've had the impression the US nowadays is more pro-capitalist/business today than it was back then.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

"I've done a lot of things, but answering to a Commie? Well, that's the Democrats for you."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Gunther and Bernice deserve each other. What petty characters.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The main cast of Luann is just a bunch of self centered idiots talking past everyone including each other.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Gunther and Bernice deserve each other. What petty characters.

Shugojin posted:

The main cast of Luann is just a bunch of self centered idiots talking past everyone including each other.

Luann

"You can claim her." It's 2016, Bernice, what the gently caress.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

AYYY

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

He has to scent mark her so the other males know she's his.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

I love Calvin's dad. Also that middle strip is one of my favorites.

also RIP jackelrod

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Was this posted already?

E: hell, have some more.

I know "having a baby" is the more common expression, but for obvious reasons "making a baby" is used in the Finnish version for the joke.

Full body swimming suits have been a topic in Finland recently, because some people, notably muslim women, would like to wear them in swimming pools and public saunas, but some people are against it.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 4, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

All this time Luann was secretly about a circle of individuals with a very specific D/s lifestyle. That explains everything!

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

god this comic's so good i want to get it tattooed on my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

• Locked thread