Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Peachstapler posted:

I'm going to sue Ted Cruz for being the world's biggest piece of poo poo.

What particularized injury did he do to you?

If Jeb Bush is Droopy the dog, Jim Gilmore is Scrappy-Doo.

Look how optimistic he is:

https://twitter.com/gov_gilmore/status/694986254002294785

Like a Twitter respondent said, "Started from the bottom now we're...well, still at the bottom."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Brannock posted:

Goon lawyers, does this voter fraud suit have any legs?

The Donald Trump campaign didn't have any loving legs, of course this doesn't.

Still, :munch:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sharkbomb posted:

Carson press conference: Says that his wife was at a caucus site and witnessed a Cruz representative state that Carson was dropping out of the campaign. Carson's wife spoke up and said that he was NOT in fact dropping out.

he is NOT dropping out, he's just going to take a quick 3 week nap and return to buying his own book with campaign funds and show up at debates and give confusing non-answers to every question.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

William Bear posted:

What particularized injury did he do to you?
Knocked my player off the edge of the eagle level in Golden Axe.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sharkbomb posted:

Carson press conference: Says that his wife was at a caucus site and witnessed a Cruz representative state that Carson was dropping out of the campaign. Carson's wife spoke up and said that he was NOT in fact dropping out.

She heard the news and jumped up and said it wasn't true. The caucus goers stood up and applauded, and the precinct captain gave her a $10 bill for telling the truth. "Go, friend bear! Tell Ben about this treachery!" She shouted. You can read more about what happened when Gifted Hands 2: Iowa adventure! comes out at bookstores around the country.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Carson has evolved. Not only is his past a fiction, so is his future.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Carson shouldn't dread up a discussion on lying in campaigns.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
your honor, the prosecution calls friend bear

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Other notes from the Carson presser:
--Comes out swinging hard against Cruz: "It's clear that there were people who tried to take advantage of a situation."
--To the media: "Don't argue, just listen."
--On character: "Evangelical voters, just like everybody else, should...evaluate a person on what they do, how they treat other people."
--On travel plans: "Is it okay, after being on the road for 3 weeks, to go home and get a change of clothes? Does that make somebody into an evil, horrible person?"
--How Friend Ben calls on reporters: "I hear a voice, way in the wilderness over here."

The most common word used by the press corps to describe this event is "bizarre."

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Why the poo poo do you have to fly a plane from Iowa to Florida to get a new set of clothes? Don't you like.. pack in advance or, do what everybody that has ever traveled does, and go to a store and buy a new set of clothes. Jesus God knows he can afford it from all the people he's grifted so far.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
These Clothes

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

If Carson can poison his supporters against Cruz that would be pretty great, but Cruz gaining the critical victory he needed only to immediately lose it again because he hosed the rat too obviously is too poetic to happen in the real world.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Why the poo poo do you have to fly a plane from Iowa to Florida to get a new set of clothes? Don't you like.. pack in advance or, do what everybody that has ever traveled does, and go to a store and buy a new set of clothes. Jesus God knows he can afford it from all the people he's grifted so far.

Yeah, it's a super obvious cover for something. I personally suspect Ben is just exhausted from his book tour going on way longer than scheduled and wants some vacay time.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Ben Carson has Secret Service protection. They wouldn't let him buy clothes in a store, they might be poisoned!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

He was going into the store to buy some new clothes when suddenly a robber pulled a gun on him. 'I believe that you want the guy behind the counter,'" is what Carson told the misguided man and then left for Florida .

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

William Bear posted:

Ben Carson has Secret Service protection. They wouldn't let him buy clothes in a store, they might be poisoned!

If House of Cards has taught us anything, you can use the SS protection for anything, from clothes shopping to threesomes.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Greetings, Primary Thread.

I did a thing

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Kylra posted:

These Clothes

Gifted Pants

William Bear posted:

Jim Gilmore lies in wait at the Old Navy returns desk. Waiting. Watching.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Everybody needs to stop engaging with Ben Carson on a literal level. His whole "set of new clothes' was supposed to be interpreted as a folksy way to describe his decision to take a few days off between Iowa and New Hampshire.

(this decision is unprecedentedly insane)

(but let me tell you about Ben Carson)

He's not okay in the head. He's a dumb bad man who is sincerely crazy

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I feel bad for Chuck Morse. Who I've seen in the background of every Jeb! rally in NH.

The man could barely get 50 people to show up to a Jeb! event in one of the state's reddest towns.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

In Carly's defense here: she's currently tied with Jeb! in the delegate count.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Greetings, Primary Thread.

I did a thing

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

It's true, the camera can't zoom that far.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sharkbomb posted:

The full story will be told in a new book released in March. Pre-order now!

e: of course I was beaten to this joke :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/695003158011990016

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/695004535740207104

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so trump and carson are trying to ratfuck cruz out of his iowa win. kinda hope it works. not a fan of any of them, but i can believe cruz cheated or at least did underhanded poo poo.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Yeah I mean:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
So Trump has been nominated for a Nobel Peace prize

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Santorum is going to make "two major announcements" tonight on Greta.

Donald Trump is also appearing on Greta tonight.

Rick Santorum was at Trump's rally last week.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

Unstumpable

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Joementum posted:

Wouldn't it be better to time this before SC rather than NH? The palin endorsement for Iowa and the Scott Brown endorsement for NH made me think Trump was strategically timing these for the electorate.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Wall Is Life posted:

Wouldn't it be better to time this before SC rather than NH? The palin endorsement for Iowa and the Scott Brown endorsement for NH made me think Trump was strategically timing these for the electorate.

Trump absolutely has to win NH, though. If he doesn't he's done.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Joementum posted:

The fact that Rick Santorum is now bending the knee to Donald Trump is pretty loving remarkable.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Peel posted:

If Carson can poison his supporters against Cruz that would be pretty great, but Cruz gaining the critical victory he needed only to immediately lose it again because he hosed the rat too obviously is too poetic to happen in the real world.

cruzigula?

caliguluz?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Despera posted:

So Trump has been nominated for a Nobel Peace prize

It's trivially easy for anyone with any connections to get themselves nominated.

It's not true that anyone can make a nomination, but the actual qualification to do so is fairly broad. Note Category 3.

• Members of national assemblies and governments of states
• Members of international courts
University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
• Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
• Board members of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
• Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1)
• Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

Hell, I'd be suprised if he actually arranged it himself. Probably some supporter of his who was qualified, took it upon themselves.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If Carson tries to attack Cruz I can see Cruz saying Carson's whole life story is a lie. It'll gently caress himself too, but Cruz burns bridges out of instinct.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

cruzigula?

caliguluz?

Incarlytatus

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
FWIW, I doubt Santorum is endorsing Trump. Rubio or Jeb! (who he's worked with in the past) are more likely.

Obviously, a Gilmore endorsement would be best.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Peachstapler posted:

I'm going to sue Ted Cruz for being the world's biggest piece of poo poo.

The court will throw out your case because Cruz at no point in his life has ever made any pretense to be anything other than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here is full Fiorina statement

quote:

Letter to the RNC regarding debate process

February 3, 2016

Republican National Committee

310 First Street, SE

Washington, DC 20003

To the Chairman and Members of the Republican National Committee,

Our debate process is broken. Networks are making up these debate rules as they go along — not to be able to fit candidates on the stage — but arbitrarily to decide which candidates make for the best TV in their opinion. Now it is time for the RNC to act in the best interest of the Party that it represents.

In 2012, the debate stage featured 8 candidates until the Iowa Caucus and then all declared candidates still in the race were invited from that point forward, including the ABC New Hampshire debate. As of today, I will be the only candidate kept off the debate stage. To review, we beat Governors Christie and Kasich in Iowa this week when voters actually had their say. This campaign has the same number of delegates as Governors Bush and Kasich while Governor Christie has zero. We’re ahead of Dr. Carson in New Hampshire polling. We are 6th in hard dollars raised and have twice the cash on hand as either Governors Christie or Kasich. We are already on the ballot in 32 states, and there is a ground game with paid staff in 12 states. Yet, all of these candidates will be invited to the ABC debate. I will not.

There are only 8 candidates left. It’s time for the RNC to demand that media executives step aside and let voters hear from all of us.

I trust you will act appropriately.

Carly Fiorina

https://medium.com/@CarlyFiorina/letter-to-the-rnc-regarding-debate-process-da7c64b7b5e3#.d6iv699ys

• Locked thread