Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Txn posted:

So for how long will the launch DLC be available to everyone?

It will be free during Feb, so I guess it will be paid DLC later

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/692773824203370497

EDIT: Oh I should let you guys know, the costumed Agumon are one of a kind, and if you fuse/digivolve them, they're gone forever. That's why they have the maximum level cap unlocked and have a special skill.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The DLC is bundled with the game and cannot be purchased separately. It will be re-launched in march as the game alone.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Well then, time to get the bundle while I can. Thanks.

Also, Grand Kingdom will launch on June 21th.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/694943874813300737

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Txn posted:

This also looks like a good game. A lot of the RPGs and stuff being released to Vita all look really well suited to be portable, as opposed to launch where everything was just smaller versions of console games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Txn posted:

It's out on 17/06 in Europe, too: http://gematsu.com/2016/02/grand-kingdom-launches-june-21-north-america-june-17-europe

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

punk rebel ecks posted:

So it isn't a visual novel/puzzle game? Sorry I'd look this up on Wikipedia but I don't want to risk anything spoiled for me as I am watching the show.
Steins;Gate is an almost entirely linear visual novel, you occasionally make some "choices" (deciding when and how to respond to e-mails) but other than that you spend 95% of your gameplay just reading text.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/vita-hardware-sales-triple-in-japan-as-dragon-quest-builders-hits-stores/0162059

KILLER APP

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time, it's time. It's Big Bad Vita time!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

god bless dragon quest

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I feel like this might be too little too late

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Erg posted:

god bless dragon quest

Baal posted:

It's time,it's time. It's Big Bad Vita time!

The dream is still alive!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Vita is back baby

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Vita hardware sales triple in Japan as Dragon Quest Builders hits stores"

Whoa up to 3 dozen sold you guys

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vita actually did pretty decent in Japan last year, or consoles in general did pretty mediocre, depending on how you look at it. Consoles are not doing super hot this generation in japan, it's like the elves leaving middle earth :(

I'm hyped for Dragon Quest Builders though! They need to localize that

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Source:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/01/06/ps4-sales-1-3-million-units-in-japan-during-2015-ps-vita-over-1-million/

quote:

Here’s how each system performed in 2015, according to Media Create (lifetime in brackets):

3DS (includes all models) – 2,347,554 (20,194,610)
PS4 – 1,330,410 (2,255,980)
PS Vita (including PS Vita TV) – 1,069,471 (4,492,546)
Wii U – 877,082 (3,000,365)
PS3 – 219,103 (10,237,637)
Xbox One – 20,624 (66,582)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Txn posted:

wooooah i thought this got canceled, neat!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do they even bother to sell the Xbox One in Japan

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do they even bother to sell the Xbox One in Japan

Two weeks ago it sold 52 units throughout the entire nation during that week. 52. There are actually rumors that Microsoft is dismantling operations there come next month.

The funny part is that they tried to support that market more than most of mainland Europe, where the 360 had actually had some success.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Well before it was screwy exclusive shmups and jrpgs, but I don't think the one has either of that so who knows

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

voltcatfish posted:

Well before it was screwy exclusive shmups and jrpgs, but I don't think the one has either of that so who knows

Unfortunately the shmups thing is still going

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Baal posted:

It's time, it's time. It's Big Bad Vita time!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the credits of Crypt of the Necrodancer I saw the name of the Danganronpa guy and apparently Japan got a crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-WRkPwH1R0&t=115s

Does anyone know if this stuff is actually available in the English versions/how do I get it immediately because I can't really find anything on google

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Looper posted:

You might be thinking of its PSP predecessor, Grand Knights History, which was going to come out in English but got canned (and then got a translation patch).

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Looper posted:

The one that got cancelled was Grand Knights History (PSP). Grand Kingdom is a different game but in the same/similar style.

e:f,b

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I didn't win that bid for a 32gb card at $40 so I swallowed it down and bought one on Amazon for $56. Whatever. I'm just happy to have space for games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So I bought the PSP version of me and my katamari on the ps web store, now on my vita I can't find it in the vita store. Searching "Katamari" just returns the vita one, touch my katamari.

How do I find and download the psp version in the vita store?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I have 11 games on my 16gb memory card, you really don't NEED anything bigger than that, unless you have OCD or something.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So I bought the PSP version of me and my katamari on the ps web store, now on my vita I can't find it in the vita store. Searching "Katamari" just returns the vita one, touch my katamari.

How do I find and download the psp version in the vita store?

Check you download list? Tap the ellipsis icon in the bottom right when you're in the store.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

lets hang out posted:

Unfortunately the shmups thing is still going

I will never understand this. It's like they want their already dwindling genre to just die off. It did get me to buy a 360 though, even if I could only play a few of the region free releases.

At least CAVE has finally discovered Steam.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
CAVE hasn't actually made any new shmups since Saidaioujou so they're probably dead for making new games at this point

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i joined a shmup forum years back because i thoight it was "my video game thing". but in truth, i'm a coward.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

True video game heroes only play shmups and tetris: tgm.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i also browsed a tetris forum to get strats for puyo tetris trophies, and was kind of impressed that people made packs of different sounds to play when each piece dropped, so you didn't have to look at the top half of the screen.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

You might be thinking of its PSP predecessor, Grand Knights History, which was going to come out in English but got canned (and then got a translation patch).

oh, you're exactly right. still though that's pretty cool

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is the new system update safe to download now or is it still causing problems for people ?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It's a crapshoot. Some people like myself are okay, some have the wifi draining issue, some have the store issues.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This is the loving digimon game I always wanted as a kid growing up and I finally got it as an adult. Life is good man, it's good.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I'm really digging the semi similar feel to SMT. This is my first digit on experience ever so I'm not really sure what creatures turn into what and all that, but I'm loving the original Pokemon "I wonder what this is going to evolve into" bit.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

same

To the person asking about the PSP Miku games: don't unless you can play Dreamy Theater on a PS3.