Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hogge Wild posted:

Now I don't think that Volume is a particularly good poster, but even so I don't think that 'your mom' jokes should get you probated. Of course a single 6 hours probation isn't a real punishment but still.

i took a 6 hour probie to the face one time and didnt even notice becos it was at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Hogge Wild posted:

Now I don't think that Volume is a particularly good poster, but even so I don't think that 'your mom' jokes should get you probated. Of course a single 6 hours probation isn't a real punishment but still.

I must be honest, it often depends upon my mood. If I see goons doing what I just gave a detention to a 13-year-old for doing, I tend to be slightly less forgiving. This could be why I probate for "human being", while other mods give it a pass. Maybe I think you can do better than children.

Or maybe I'm just mad with power. Take your pick.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

genesplicer posted:

I must be honest, it often depends upon my mood. If I see goons doing what I just gave a detention to a 13-year-old for doing, I tend to be slightly less forgiving. This could be why I probate for "human being", while other mods give it a pass. Maybe I think you can do better than children.

who keeps giving sa mods access to children? :(

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

genesplicer posted:

This could be why I probate for "human being"

please accept me for who i am

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

genesplicer posted:

honestly seems like a solid policy. keep up the integrity dude.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

genesplicer posted:

Sound reasoning with tempered decisions, I like it. I bet the students both fear and respect you.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is this where i can make offerings in exchange for magic powers

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

genesplicer posted:

I think that you're giving goons too much credit if you think that we're able to behave better than 13 year olds.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
gently caress doublepost

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Putty posted:

is this where i can make offerings in exchange for magic powers

ya i'll take any form of legal tender

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm the town elder i know things for which u not know

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Nation posted:

free hector

good idea nay nay

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nation posted:

free hector

:yeah:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nation posted:

free hector

please have mercy on mr. beerlioz, mr. splicer sir!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
didnt he post voluntarily in the banme thread

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hogge Wild posted:

I think that you're giving goons too much credit if you think that we're able to behave better than 13 year olds.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

didnt he post voluntarily in the banme thread

yes

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

You can't call down the wrath of the dread Lowtax and not expect lightning to come down from the mountain. I concur, Hector was special, incredible, visionary even, but now he is a dumb gently caress pile of ashes at the base of Mt Olympus.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

then i think that he'll come back when he wants to

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
revives are $10. I look forward to more Hector when he's ready

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

I want to post with him now though!!!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

social vegan posted:

can we do something about the well? it smells like rear end and im not comfortable drinking from it

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

my favourite thing OTF (on the forums) is to go through hectors post history and find a good post that matches his avatar speaking it then quote it

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

Hello can u teach me how to love

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

Nation posted:

I want to post with him now though!!!

He didn't just save our life, Browneyes, he made our lives worth saving.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

who keeps giving sa mods access to children? :(

There is a very good chance I have been teaching since before you were born. Unlike other people we could name, I think harming kids is gross and disgusting, and the penalties these crimes carry should be carried out swiftly and without mercy. I've worked with lots of kids who have been abused in many different ways, and the effects are always devastating to the kids. It is heartbreaking to see children who had potential have their lives ruined by some idiotic fuckwad who decides they can satisfy themselves at the expense of some kid's future.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jukeboxblues posted:

ain't no one loving your dead-rear end troll-rear end troll face

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

can we do something about the well? it smells like rear end and im not comfortable drinking from it

the city well of which u meant
dad gay so what oft does frequent
where he hangs his butt over the hole
and rips a poo poo as dark as coal

Jukeboxblues posted:

jukeboxblues ur heart so pure
u say ur lonely, we all concur
so if it's love u seek in true
then squish two sponges into a cup w the rough sides facing out and fill it with lube

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

genesplicer posted:

There is a very good chance I have been teaching since before you were born. Unlike other people we could name, I think harming kids is gross and disgusting, and the penalties these crimes carry should be carried out swiftly and without mercy. I've worked with lots of kids who have been abused in many different ways, and the effects are always devastating to the kids. It is heartbreaking to see children who had potential have their lives ruined by some idiotic fuckwad who decides they can satisfy themselves at the expense of some kid's future.

But enough about capitalism

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

social vegan posted:

the city well of which u meant
dad gay so what oft does frequent
where he hangs his butt over the hole
and rips a poo poo as dark as coal

frick

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

genesplicer posted:

quoted by gene

thx gene:)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

scott zoloft posted:

please have mercy on mr. beerlioz, mr. splicer sir!

I was actually surprised to see that he had been banned. I figured he did something dumb like trying to explain that curling should be treated like an actual sport in SAS. I was equally surprised to find that he had, in fact, offered himself as tribute.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 3, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
his avatar was really disturbing

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

genesplicer posted:

Hello, everyone!

I'm back from my alternate thread, where we raised millions of dollars to help homeless vets. It turns out that virtually all animal doctors have nice houses, so the excess money will be shunted into the "buy genesplicer a new wing for his mansion" fund.

So, what's been going on over here? Talking about my amazing second place finish?

Any questions I can answer for you?

What is your username from?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Luvcow posted:

his avatar was really disturbing

yet surprisingly erotic.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

jukeboxblues ur heart so pure
u say ur lonely, we all concur
so if it's love u seek in true
then squish two sponges into a cup w the rough sides facing out and fill it with lube

Thank you, oh wise one. May you have the blessing of six glistening pearls.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

a starwar betamax posted:

iirc it's from his hacker past

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

a starwar betamax posted:

Long, long ago, in 1976, I was part of my high school's crack computer team. Our school didn't actually have a computer. We had a teletype machine and a 300 baud modem. With this, we connected to the MIT mainframe and assisted seniors in finding colleges that had the progams they were interested in taking. During downtime, I figured out something. We used numerical codes to navigate, so I decided to see what other codes would do. After finding very little of interest, I managed to stumble upon the complete list of codes.

With this I was able to enter into parts of the server I was not authorized to enter. I managed to figure out a few passwords (not nearly as secure as they are today) and accessed even more. About this time, we had to do a report on some topic in biology. I decided to wow my teacher, and do my report on genetic engineering. This was a new technology (the first experiments had been done in 1973), and MIT was at the forefront. Since I had access to their primitive email system, I sent a few messages to the grad students asking questions. Eventually they figured out I was not an MIT student and questioned me. I explained what I had done, and the students approached a professor. They gave me limited access to their mainframe, in exchange for me not trying to crack the system any further. Quite a coup for a freshman high school kid.

The professor set up my account, with the tounge-in-cheek name "Genesplicer" (actually, it was "gensplcr", because login names were all 8 characters)

So, in December of this year, I will haved used the name "genesplicer" on various websites, etc, on the ARPANET, BBSs and the Internet, for 40 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Long, long ago, in 1976, I was part of my high school's crack computer team. Our school didn't actually have a computer. We had a teletype machine and a 300 baud modem. With this, we connected to the MIT mainframe and assisted seniors in finding colleges that had the progams they were interested in taking. During downtime, I figured out something. We used numerical codes to navigate, so I decided to see what other codes would do. After finding very little of interest, I managed to stumble upon the complete list of codes.

With this I was able to enter into parts of the server I was not authorized to enter. I managed to figure out a few passwords (not nearly as secure as they are today) and accessed even more. About this time, we had to do a report on some topic in biology. I decided to wow my teacher, and do my report on genetic engineering. This was a new technology (the first experiments had been done in 1973), and MIT was at the forefront. Since I had access to their primitive email system, I sent a few messages to the grad students asking questions. Eventually they figured out I was not an MIT student and questioned me. I explained what I had done, and the students approached a professor. They gave me limited access to their mainframe, in exchange for me not trying to crack the system any further. Quite a coup for a freshman high school kid.

The professor set up my account, with the tounge-in-cheek name "Genesplicer" (actually, it was "gensplcr", because login names were all 8 characters)

So, in December of this year, I will haved used the name "genesplicer" on various websites, etc, on the ARPANET, BBSs and the Internet, for 40 years.

loving owns. You were nearly a phreaker.

• Locked thread