Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

teknetik posted:

Rise has some pretty hosed up spawns,

Are you saying you don't like being spawn trapped even in TDM?

Yeah, that one is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh my god, they have to fix that glitch in Splash. SO loving annoying when some sniper gets up there :argh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

housefly posted:

There's no way to "delete" the maps either due to them being rolled into the latest patch. So basically if you want to roll with the non-map owning playlist you're kind of hosed, right?

Entirely, the only way to stay in the 'general' population is buy no dlc, you can't deactivate it if you own it, because before you could at least skip downloading it if you wanted to turn it off.

There's going to be one bucket for no dlc, then one bucket for all dlc, and a bucket each for X dlc owned. Good poo poo as ever.

e: I think you can still get away with grouping with a non-dlc haver to play in the kiddy pool, that'd probably be the only way

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

anuj posted:

http://i.imgur.com/2TDjc31.gifv

Reminds me of the good old days of 360 flamethrowing in BO1.

This is the best purifier video.

https://twitter.com/shin01571/status/668399084529516544

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

housefly posted:

There's no way to "delete" the maps either due to them being rolled into the latest patch. So basically if you want to roll with the non-map owning playlist you're kind of hosed, right?

Yeah...u are stuck in that pool once u commit

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
Overall I think the dlc is okay. My favorite is Gauntlet which seems to come up in rotation the least. I love the jungle side, I pretty much hang out in that area the entire match. I have a feeling that's how it is for most people. Pick a section you like and chill in it. If you die, get back to your section and do it again. Personally I avoid the icy area. Way too many angles of death.

Next favorite is Rise. As someone posted before, it's not very verticle. There are containers and some windows to shoot from, but they are pretty low. My favorite section is the container alley.

Then we have Skyjacked. Pretty map and one of my favorites from BOII, but the super jump changes everything. All your favorite spots from original will probably feel different. Though it's still effective, sniping on this map isn't as beast as before.

Finally we have Splash, my least favorite of the new maps. It feels way too chaotic, like it was designed to force you to camp. It sort of have has the signature Treyarch 3 lanes, but with far too many alley.

Overall, I feel like the new maps are larger and designed to encourage camping. That might change once I play them more, but that's my first impression.

Oh, and for those that haven't played since the initial update (losers), they snuck back in Exodus. I'm not familiar with the reason for them initially removing it. But it's funny, because hours before dlc release I was sperging about Treyarch releasing dlc before fixing and giving us back a map we already paid for. I ate my words like I do my dinner, in one bite.

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

victrix posted:

Entirely, the only way to stay in the 'general' population is buy no dlc, you can't deactivate it if you own it, because before you could at least skip downloading it if you wanted to turn it off.

There's going to be one bucket for no dlc, then one bucket for all dlc, and a bucket each for X dlc owned. Good poo poo as ever.

e: I think you can still get away with grouping with a non-dlc haver to play in the kiddy pool, that'd probably be the only way

Actually, I think there is a way to delete dlc content. I think you have to hover over the app on Ps4 homepage and press down to get to below where the game info is. Not sure which one, but there is a tab that shows all the content you have for the game, I may be wrong but I think you delete stuff from here.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KING BONG posted:

Actually, I think there is a way to delete dlc content. I think you have to hover over the app on Ps4 homepage and press down to get to below where the game info is. Not sure which one, but there is a tab that shows all the content you have for the game, I may be wrong but I think you delete stuff from here.

It's content licenses, the download for the maps used to be separate, now they're part of the patches, so if you own it and its active on your account, its live

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

KING BONG posted:

But the maps were part of the patch, so you have the content and license regardless. Unless there's a way to just remove the license that I'm not aware of. I just got my PS4 a couple months ago, so I'm still figuring things like this out.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm pretty sure there's an option to toggle them on and off.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I wish you guys told me this earlier. How am I ever going to play on Stronghold now? :(

DLC maps are OK so far, pretty much all better than Metro.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Edit - I just looked and I'm not seeing any way to deactivate the license for the DLC. So...it looks like if you own it you're stuck with it.

Constellation I posted:

I wish you guys told me this earlier. How am I ever going to play on Stronghold now? :(

DLC maps are OK so far, pretty much all better than Metro.

I have the DLC and I played stronghold twice last night. It's not like you're stuck only in the new maps. They just pop more often right now. The bigger issue is that if you own the DLC you can't be matched with people who DON'T own the dlc.

housefly fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 3, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

KING BONG posted:

Personally I avoid the icy area. Way too many angles of death.

Which, by having B right in the middle of it, makes this the new absolute ducking worst map to play domination on.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
The maps should be free, and the dlc be new skins, new operators , and new weapons that are all overpowered. Then one month later they all get nerfed to sidegrades.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

funkmeister posted:

The maps should be free, and the dlc be new skins, new operators , and new weapons that are all overpowered. Then one month later they all get nerfed to sidegrades.

Just in time for them to release to xbox/pc.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I really should've called in sick today. The power's died twice in an hour while the rest of the block is fine. I could be playing Call of Duty right now... :sigh:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Stux posted:

you can wall run around almost the entirety of skyjacked, including bypassing the middle by going around the outside of the little hut. also there are some non-out of bounds hover vehicles at the back to hide on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrdqMtqF8bM

The skip to get past the hut is really cool, dunno why they made the walkway on the side broken in half though, I love wallrunning but gun fights when you're both running suck because you usually both die

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I just hopped on to play a game and it looks like they were able to patch splash through an in game update.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They removed the map? That's awfully nice of them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
On PS4 here. Any *known* reason I cannot launch past Press X to Start? Says connecting to Online Services. But I mean, it's taking ages and my internet is fine...

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

So you all are saying I shouldn't buy the maps in order to guarantee bad opponents? I am perfectly fine with being That Guy for the greater good.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

On PS4 here. Any *known* reason I cannot launch past Press X to Start? Says connecting to Online Services. But I mean, it's taking ages and my internet is fine...

I don't know. It just kicked me out of match making and I can't reconnect either.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

KING BONG posted:

Anyone else having problems with clips and screen shots not saving?
This used to be an issue with PS4 but I haven't seen it in a good long while, I thought it got fixed in an update. If your stuff isn't saving correctly (your "last 15 minutes" clip is actually from 2 hours ago) then before you get in game press the share button, then back out. I've never had problems with actual recording when you use double or long press to start, whichever way you have it set up.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Godzilla07 posted:

So you all are saying I shouldn't buy the maps in order to guarantee bad opponents? I am perfectly fine with being That Guy for the greater good.

Why on earth would only good players buy the dlc?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They have the money because they are successful working people, and not children and unemployed stoners/college students. :wotwot:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Counterpoint: I bought the dlc

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Mister Macys posted:

They have the money because they are successful working people, and not children and unemployed stoners/college students. :wotwot:

Aren't the good players the stoners and college kids who are home playing all the time? Us working people are, y'know, working.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Drav posted:

Aren't the good players the stoners and college kids who are home playing all the time? Us working people are, y'know, working.

No, Adderal, meth and booze are the performance enhancers. You need money for those.
I've seen enough people with thousands more deaths than kills to convince me that stoners and the unemployed merely have more time to go negative.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i note a distinct lack of methadone on that list

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

beedeebee posted:

Oh my god, they have to fix that glitch in Splash. SO loving annoying when some sniper gets up there :argh:

Played my first few games of this COD tonight, second map was this and this exact exploit happened, caused as much aggro as you can imagine. It's a shame because that's a fun map when there are no shitlords on it.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Feenix posted:

I have a tendency to go to standby mode without shutting down CoD. That happens sometimes, usually closing down the application and reopening it fixes it.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Feenix posted:

Wait until you see the version number in the upper-right hand corner change. It will start at XX.0.0.0 (I think XX is 48 right now), and then once the 0s change to other values and stop changing (that is important, it might change a few times), press X.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

The servers actually went down this afternoon. They put a notice on their site about it, but no details.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
In fixing map glitches they accidentally patched out their own servers.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

SubponticatePoster posted:

In fixing map glitches they accidentally patched out their own servers.

With these servers, your game never stood a chance.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

With these servers, your game party never stood a chance.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Even if you get a lucky game, they will end you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Peer-to-peer's the way of the future mate!" :smugbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The 54 Immortals crush all servers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

remember posted:

I have a tendency to go to standby mode without shutting down CoD. That happens sometimes, usually closing down the application and reopening it fixes it.

ada shatan posted:

Wait until you see the version number in the upper-right hand corner change. It will start at XX.0.0.0 (I think XX is 48 right now), and then once the 0s change to other values and stop changing (that is important, it might change a few times), press X.

I did /accounted for both these things in multiple attempts today to no avail. Thanks for trying, though!

• Locked thread