Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
The Friendzoner vs. The Nice Guy. It explains everything.

http://imgur.com/gallery/RmAjE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

This shitposting would be without redemption if it weren't for the people scouring every post looking for things that offend them.

Lol I almost forgot that cig reads this thread

Hopefully they've found the recipes delightful

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

for real this guys posts are terrible and annoyingly consistent

Brazil peanut is by far the worst poster in the thread, including seraph, Karl and the weird alaskan obsessed with peripherals

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to be reported for harassment because I responded to someone's response about me saying their paranoia is dumb. :ohdear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/43wx9b/cig_pulling_account_funds_from_backers_to_pay_for/czmpypx

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Romes128 posted:

Lol I almost forgot that cig reads this thread

Hopefully they've found the recipes delightful

I think the best way to draw more CIG employees into the thread is to post more highly polarized opinions on alcohol.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Kakarot posted:

got same letter

That's spooky as hell.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

fuzzknot posted:

It's not limited to that necessarily. Bootcha and I argued about it because he was making the same point Fuzzy Modem made: "Well, she was always nice to me." I said "Well YEAH; she was taking your money!" The other part, of course, was "Plus you're a guy, so you're not a threat to her sexist reign as queen bee and/or she thinks she can get away with poo poo because she's female." He didn't want to believe me even after I cited examples of being on the receiving end of mistreatment from other women in my own life. He had to hear it straight from people who had personally been mistreated by her. All friendships can work like that. All working relationships can work like that. People treat each other differently for sometimes weird reasons.

It's not just a matter of women being manipulative bitches to get money/food/presents/whatever, though. There are plenty of doormat guys out there throwing themselves at women trying to get their attention, even when the women actively discourage it. I made and lost a lot of guy friends when I was single because they were the classic Internet Nice Guy: "I'm so nice; here, take these presents I thought you might want; now you have to be nice (read: sleep with me) because I was nice to you." That's not how people work. Women aren't vending machines you put kindness into until sex comes out, and no friendship should be exempt from scrutiny.

I cut out all the confusion by sleeping with the vending machine.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

fuzzknot posted:

I never understood this mentality. It's basically the adult version of "BUT I WAAANNNTT IT!" There are over 3.6 billion women in the world. You can't conceivably hit on them all in your lifetime, but you should at least make a good showing. Make your move, she's not interested, move on instantly. Gotta keep on movin' on.

The moral of the story is this: White-Knighting Sandi is like putting a bulletproof vest on Charles Manson. Pretty sure someone out there needs, and deserves, it more.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhubarb94 posted:

Keep it away from derek smart then

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Romes128 posted:

Keep it away from derek smart then

That's the best time they are vulnerable and needy after a good Dereking.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i remember being 11 or 12 and IM SUCH A NICE GUY WHY WONT GIRLS GIVE ME A CHANCE and then i grew up and I was able to have a girlfriend because I didn't blame all my failures on the fact that I was just such a nice guy

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Rhubarb94 posted:

As long as it's not dispensing razor blades at the time, you should be fine. Congrats on beating the system.

Scruffpuff posted:

I never understood this mentality. It's basically the adult version of "BUT I WAAANNNTT IT!" There are over 3.6 billion women in the world. You can't conceivably hit on them all in your lifetime, but you should at least make a good showing. Make your move, she's not interested, move on instantly. Gotta keep on movin' on.

This. So much this. Don't do poo poo that's not good for you and/or makes you seem pathetic or like a creep.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when I was 12 I totally would have carried a printer in the hot loving sun to a girls house

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff posted:

The moral of the story is this: White-Knighting Sandi is like putting a bulletproof vest on Charles Manson. Pretty sure someone out there needs, and deserves, it more.

lol if you don't mope because a girl isn't interested in you

how will she ever feel bad and give you a pity date, did you ever think about that

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

when I was 12 I totally would have carried a printer in the hot loving sun to a girls house

I don't think I could have even lifted a printer when I was 12, so I'm glad no guys asked me to carry their printers for them.

But it would have been nice if one had at least asked. :qq:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

I don't think I could have even lifted a printer when I was 12, so I'm glad no guys asked me to carry their printers for them.

you just weren't willing to get friendzoned enough then

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

This. So much this. Don't do poo poo that's not good for you and/or makes you seem pathetic or like a creep.

That said, it is firmly and irrevocably my wife's job to kill the spiders. I'm not ashamed.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Google Butt posted:

Brazil peanut is by far the worst poster in the thread, including seraph, Karl and the weird alaskan obsessed with peripherals

Weird Alaskan is redundant. I lived there for six years. 95% of the people there were already weird, and the 5% that weren't become weirdos within a couple years.

To a poor Alaskan shut in with a touch of the 'tism, the six one paragraph emails and 7 minutes of RSI chat room interaction probably makes Sandi into this poor sad bastards literal best friend.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff posted:

That said, it is firmly and irrevocably my wife's job to kill the spiders. I'm not ashamed.

same but clean up cat puke

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
btw tomorrow through saturday ill be in vegas so ill only be able to very rarely check in on you guys

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
today was REALLY busy and i didnt get to post and that makes me sad

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

fuzzknot posted:

As long as it's not dispensing razor blades at the time, you should be fine. Congrats on beating the system.

I'm not into stimpire vending machines, that's just too weird.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Eonwe posted:

you just weren't willing to get friendzoned enough then

It's true. Girls don't like guys who don't have as much balls as they do.

Scruffpuff posted:

It's cool. Karl is the metaphorical spider in my relationship with Bootcha. It is my job to be a bitch when need be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
where'd the stimpire thing come from btw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

btw tomorrow through saturday ill be in vegas so ill only be able to very rarely check in on you guys

I'm gonna be in Vegas next month!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Eonwe posted:

i remember being 11 or 12 and IM SUCH A NICE GUY WHY WONT GIRLS GIVE ME A CHANCE and then i grew up and I was able to have a girlfriend because I didn't blame all my failures on the fact that I was just such a nice guy

It's very simple, when you're in puberty you're either lonely or horny or both, and the fact that people don't seem to like you very much is very personal. So either you hate yourself or you self aggrandize (I'm awesome and it's because they're all stupid that I'm single!) or both in order to cope with it. Or like, you learn to like yourself and stop caring that you're single, which is what most people do.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
go gently caress yourself, Karl

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This seems like a good time to name drop the wulge.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mendrian posted:

It's very simple, when you're in puberty you're either lonely or horny or both, and the fact that people don't seem to like you very much is very personal. So either you hate yourself or you self aggrandize (I'm awesome and it's because they're all stupid that I'm single!) or both in order to cope with it. Or like, you learn to like yourself and stop caring that you're single, which is what most people do.

yeah I guess it isn't as embarrassing as I thought to be like that when you are that young, because you are learning

its when you are an adult and you still think like that

that actually makes me feel less weird, thank you!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Rhubarb94 posted:

I'm not into stimpire vending machines, that's just too weird.

DON'T KINK SHAME.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

This seems like a good time to name drop the wulge.

can you believe there is literally someone like that who exists, I feel like if there was a video game version of the Onion, and I read about the Wulge I'd say they were trying too hard

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

I feel this thread has been very helpful in teaching people relationship and financial advice.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

I feel this thread has been very helpful in teaching people relationship and financial advice.

dont buy jpegs

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

Star Citizen: Our Failure Is Your Gain

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

I think the best way to draw more CIG employees into the thread is to post more highly polarized opinions on alcohol.

I like cheap whiskey.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Modem posted:

They weren't born. They were grown (at an accelerated rate.)

I am a few pages behind but, yeah, I nailed it (I just had to think about the most boring unimaginative BS answer, that's the secret).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
has anyone said star shitizen yet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Go to Craftsteak. Do not go to the strip club I went to. Do take all the titty cards they hand out on the street, and surreptitiously insert them into other people's luggage, or leave them lying around their houses after you get back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

has anyone said star shitizen yet

i think im the first

• Locked thread