Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its total fanservice, so if you are a fan of DBZ prepare to be serviced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

If you like DBZ just buy it. It's good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shnag posted:

Does anyone know if Dragonball Xenoverse (for the ps4) is any good? I'm a big fan of the franchise, but never had any of the games. I've played one on gamecube years ago, though I found the fighting system a little weird.

I also want to get rocket league, but I don't really want to pay full price for it. I should have gotten it a couple months ago when it was on sale, now I'm not sure when thats going to happen again.

Full price for Rocket League is a good price. Buy Rocket League.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can anyone else in Europe access the Vita's Lemmings PSPlus download? I know someone said it was delayed in being made available but I think that deadline has passed?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
How long has the uncharted collection been 28.99?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Can anyone else in Europe access the Vita's Lemmings PSPlus download? I know someone said it was delayed in being made available but I think that deadline has passed?

It'll be midnight tonight when the previous sale price expires

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Shnag posted:

Does anyone know if Dragonball Xenoverse (for the ps4) is any good? I'm a big fan of the franchise, but never had any of the games. I've played one on gamecube years ago, though I found the fighting system a little weird.
It feels like Phantasy Star Online and an odd brawler had a bizarre alien baby and I like it. If the idea of making your own DBZ character and teaming up to bring them from weenie to world-destroying psychopath appeals to you then you will enjoy the hell out of it. The fighting system is still weird but it kinda has to be. If you enjoy the rest of the concept enough to hang out with the game for a while you will probably get used to it.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Nickoten posted:

I think the fighting in DBX is pretty fun and basically like what it looks like on the show. The problem with the game is that it has this weird MMO-like grinding aspect to it that you have to do to unlock moves which gets pretty lame after a while. At least, that's what it was like on release. I don't know if it's true now.

Harlock posted:

If you like DBZ just buy it. It's good.

CrashCat posted:

It feels like Phantasy Star Online and an odd brawler had a bizarre alien baby and I like it. If the idea of making your own DBZ character and teaming up to bring them from weenie to world-destroying psychopath appeals to you then you will enjoy the hell out of it. The fighting system is still weird but it kinda has to be. If you enjoy the rest of the concept enough to hang out with the game for a while you will probably get used to it.

Thanks for the replies,! Unlocking moves sounds annoying and it might put me off if they have the Kai voice actors rather then from the orginal dub. But I do like DBZ so i might get it this weekend. I would also need to decide if the DLC version is worth while too.

Takoluka posted:

Full price for Rocket League is a good price. Buy Rocket League.

I've played with a friend on PC and found it fun and I've been planning on getting it. Though I wonder if I'd just get my rear end handed to me jumping in at this point.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Guys I've very excited to play anime game One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3. That you Sony for a good sale.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shnag posted:

Though I wonder if I'd just get my rear end handed to me jumping in at this point.
matchmaking takes skill into account. you should get set up with other noobs and bads and the occasional good person switching from pc or something

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Guys I've very excited to play anime game One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3. That you Sony for a good sale.

It's good

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

CrashCat posted:

Could you elaborate on this a bit more, please? I love me some PSO, and your description makes me very curious. I'm going to look up a few vids, but those only give a general idea of things.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Watrick posted:

Could you elaborate on this a bit more, please? I love me some PSO, and your description makes me very curious. I'm going to look up a few vids, but those only give a general idea of things.

you team up with 2 friends or 2 npcs and enter an instanced arena and have to defeat the enemies there. sometimes you need to warp between a few arenas to complete the missions. these enemies have a chance to drop loot like items, clothing, dragon balls that let you wish for stuff if you get them all, or new moves. you can assign the moves to 8 slots for your loadout. the fights are brawler style weak/heavy attack combos but the moves you select give you a lot of depth and room to break the system. there is also a social link system with dbz characters where you take them on as teachers and do missions for them to learn their iconic moves.
then there's a versus mode and a story campaign, and so forth. the dlc isn't necessary but if you get it tien makes you immune to kamehameha waves which is a huge help in saiyan levels where they spam you with them non-stop.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Watrick posted:

Its more a reference to the structure of the game than how it plays. It has the PSO/Monster Hunter format where its broken up into discrete missions with well defined drop tables and you can farm for say, Raditz's outfit or a certain kind of kamehameha or whatever.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does the ps4 version of the digimon game have anything over the vita version to justify the extra $20?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Watrick posted:

A bad correlation really but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the town area. You have the small multiplayer parties, the town full of players showing off their poo poo, counters where you pick up missions, and people milling around the shops. You have a lot of gear to try and collect and optimize your character as well as the actual moves you earn and select, and of course a bunch of consumables to use off a quick select when you're in battle. That's my terrible attempt to explain how they put online console RPG elements into a game about people yelling a lot and shooting giant energy balls at each other :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Awesome! posted:

does the ps4 version of the digimon game have anything over the vita version to justify the extra $20?

Apparently the Vita version is missing some DLC and voice acting!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ImpAtom posted:

Apparently the Vita version is missing some DLC and voice acting!
!!

thanks

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So there's an EA sale running at the moment (on the EU store at least), and I've been going on my PS3 backlog while I didn't have internet while moving house and got really, really, shamefully into Dante's Inferno. It's so edgelord and overwrought in every way but as someone who never got grabbed by God Of War I thought it was kinda fun so for less than a tenner I'd really recommend it.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Well, thank you all. I'm considering picking it up at that price now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/03/samurai-action-game-mitsurugi-kamui-hikae-coming-to-ps4/

Uh, this looks interesting.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My favorite part is the comment where someone asks if this game would have any sixxaxis sniping in it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's not. It's actually really bad. Why are they doing this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't. It is on Steam now. It's really not a good game in the slightest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's wrong with it? It looks like a less goofy Onechanbara

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does anyone know anything about this PS4 Touhou game? Because it just got an English release on the Hong Kong PSN and I'm wondering if it's worth dusting off my HK account for it.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/touhou-project-shoot-em-up-genso-rondo-ps4-launches-english-hong-kong

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

It's basically a bare bones Onechanbara fan game, at least that's the impression I got trying it on steam. Onechanbara has a lot more features and content. It's neat and all but not 12 bucks neat, unless they've added a lot since I tried it last or something.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, it's been on sale on Steam for 99¢, and even at that price point, I have to be further convinced to pick it up. $12 for that game is a joke.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

It'll be midnight tonight when the previous sale price expires

Aha, so it was, excellent, thanks!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It's basically trying to be an arena character action game but with awkward stiff gameplay and very little content.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Guys, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is a good Dynasty Warriors game. You should get it if you like any combination of the following two: pirates, anime, or Dynasty Warriors.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Policenaut posted:

Does anyone know anything about this PS4 Touhou game? Because it just got an English release on the Hong Kong PSN and I'm wondering if it's worth dusting off my HK account for it.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/touhou-project-shoot-em-up-genso-rondo-ps4-launches-english-hong-kong

It's Touhou so it's bad. hth

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did Tales of Symphonia Chronicles turn out alright? I've been reading that the PC port has some serious problems, and I want to makes sure they're not present in the PS3 version before I buy it. I know it's 5 bucks, but still.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some of the new things coming out next week, announced on PS Blogcast

quote:

PS4 Games
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
Assassin's Creed Chronicles (China, India, Russia)
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
Dying Light: The Following: Enchanted Edition
Firewatch
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
MOP: Operation Cleanup
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Rugby Challenge 3 (available Wednesday)
Siralim (cross-buy PS4|Vita)
Unravel

PS3 Game
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Vita Games
Siralim (cross-buy PS4|Vita)
We Are Doomed (cross-buy PS4|Vita, PS4 version already out)

PSP Game
Breath of Fire III (playable on Vita)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Did Tales of Symphonia Chronicles turn out alright? I've been reading that the PC port has some serious problems, and I want to makes sure they're not present in the PS3 version before I buy it. I know it's 5 bucks, but still.

It's okay I guess. You're seriously better off finding a GameCube version somewhere.

PS3 is serviceable just to play Symphonia once at least. For $5 you could do a lot worse.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Wait, Arslan Musou got licensed?! :wtf:

That seems hella obscure

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ignis posted:

That seems hella obscure

I'm excited. Already got my preorder.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stoked (no pun intended) for fire watch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SpacePig posted:

ps3 version is fine, i had 0 problems going trhough it

Ignis posted:

That seems hella obscure

its pretty popular in japan, but i don't think very many people on this side of the world care about it. oh well, if koei wants to bring over everything thats fine by me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The PS3 version runs at only 30 FPS but it's otherwise alright if hour only other option is the lovely pc version.

• Locked thread