Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Bootcha posted:

I hosed it up.

rice is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

:smug:

I'm totally prepared to lose $80 if I can gently caress CIG's refund policy over in Australia, they've already had to change it to (sort of) meet EU standards.

This is the point I would contact the ACCC and get them involved. I'd be really curious to see what they have to say on this as they've brought both EA and Valve into line when it comes to dealing with Australian Consumer Law.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

quote:

Why should they set aside having a realistic ecosystem merely so the few players who want to go pew-pew-pew can?

This really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Bootcha posted:

I hosed it up.

how the gently caress

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Stanko-Prussian posted:

how the gently caress

It's pretty easy to gently caress up rice if you cook it in a regular pot, that's why rice cookers own.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hopefully when the introduce clothes they also add space fedoras. That alone could get them to 150 million.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

rinse rice off a few times in a strainer
1x rice to 1.5x water, by volume
bring to boil in a pan
when it hits boil, put the lid on the pan, take it off the heat entirely and don't touch it for 15 minutes. you got rice

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

I'm using one right now :lol:

Yes, but you are obviously a polydactyl cat.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Stanko-Prussian posted:

bring to boil in a pan
when it hits boil, put the lid on the pan, take it off the heat entirely and don't touch it for 15 minutes. you got rice

Interesting, most of the time you hear some poo poo about leaving it on the heat to simmer which is where most people forget it and burn it.

You way is still more operations than a rice cooker.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

That reminds me are you gonna go see the body exhibit in Vegas?

gonna try!

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

AugmentedVision posted:

Interesting, most of the time you hear some poo poo about leaving it on the heat to simmer which is where most people forget it and burn it.

You way is still more operations than a rice cooker.

it's like a million times cheaper though

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Bootcha posted:

I hosed it up.

:chef:

Not enough water ? Boiled for too long ? Forgot to wash and soak a short grain variety ?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Stanko-Prussian posted:

it's like a million times cheaper though

You can get a basic rice cooker for like $20, well worth it unless you've spent all your money on Star Citizen imho.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you're cooking rice then do yourself a favour and spend the :10bux: on even just a lovely rice cooker from the dollar Japan store.

I mean, unless you still wash your clothes by rubbing them on a loving rock.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Bootcha posted:

I hosed it up.

Get a rice cooker. $30 on Amazon and you get perfect rice. Every single time.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

2DCAT posted:

Yes, but you are obviously a polydactyl cat.

I got one of the wireless ones and never use the phone buttons strapped to it because they are poo poo, I like it because it changes colour :allears:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol:

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

getting machines to do everything for you without understanding what the machine is doing for you is how you get from white rice to techpriests in humanity's dying imperium

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This was amazing especially when you remember that it's not gonna get much better until a year after SQ42 is released. :laugh:

And I'm calling it now, it's not just the Scythe they are faking the entire physics is being terribly faked and it shows. Just look at the loving ship at 2:30, every time his body touches it the ship jumps some 10m. Those ships have no mass.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Stanko-Prussian posted:

bring to boil in a pan

I prefer 1 rice for 2 water. Use a colander after 15 min to drain excess water.

Only rinse your rice a little before cooking if you want stickier rice. If you want rice that wont stick at all(like parboiled rice but more tender) rinse with hot water in the colander after cooking.

Jasmine rice, fresh butter, Ras el Hanout and chopped green onion. Serve steaming hot.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Aren't physics done by middleware in pretty much every game nowadays? How hard can that be to gently caress up? Let me guess, in their infinite wisdom CIG decided they needed their own physics engine because Havoc or whatever wouldn't offer enough ~fidelity~.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I was looking for the original stimpire story and I couldn't find it. I did find this guy though who appears to be enjoying himself.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Coming to you live from all the way back on page 1655:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

will star citizien have rice cookers or will you have to prepare it with a standard pot? can i pay $50 for a rice cooker add on so I can serve customers High Quality Rice without having to do the rice boil minigame every time?

also will we be able to assign NPCs for harvesting the rice crop

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Stanko-Prussian posted:

getting machines to do everything for you without understanding what the machine is doing for you is how you get from white rice to techpriests in humanity's dying imperium

whoa

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

AugmentedVision posted:

Aren't physics done by middleware in pretty much every game nowadays? How hard can that be to gently caress up? Let me guess, in their infinite wisdom CIG decided they needed their own physics engine because Havoc or whatever wouldn't offer enough ~fidelity~.

I assume they purchased their physics engine along with Crytech and either it lacked key features that the original engine didn't need or else features (like mass) had to be disabled because the whole engine was making GBS threads itself.

Also don't be rude CR stayed up all night coding that.

Wu Jen
May 22, 2008

Wise man say he who stir shit wind up with smelly finger!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Attention Star Citizens get the Offical Star Citizen Rice Cooker!! Accept no imitations!

Only CDN$ 7,742.48

NOW WITH FREE SHIPPING. ACT NOW SUPPLIES LIMITED!!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

OhDearGodNo posted:

You mean average to mushy, overcooked rice. Good rice is made in a pot with care and love.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Gotta agree with this.

Yeah, rice is hard, and it doesn't help that all the different kinds are differently hard.

But when you understand what's going on, and with a bit of practice, you can do loving rice witchcraft.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Mendrian posted:

I assume they purchased their physics engine along with Crytech and either it lacked key features that the original engine didn't need or else features (like mass) had to be disabled because the whole engine was making GBS threads itself.

Also don't be rude CR stayed up all night coding that.

I suppose that's good because now they can have non-Newtonian physics.

Not because they'll be relativistic, or anything like that, but because the developers don't understand Newtonian mechanics.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I used my rice cooker twice today, never not own a rice cooker LIFEHACK. My Parp Citizen recipe contribution:

Hot Rice
1 cup rice
2 cups water
Hot sauce

Put rice and water in rice cooker and press the button. When it's done put a layer of rice in a bowl, then pour some legit good-rear end hot sauce on it. Then another layer of rice and hot sauce. (You don't wanna do a whole bowl of rice and only taste the sauce on the top bites!)
Hot rice.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

This was amazing especially when you remember that it's not gonna get much better until a year after SQ42 is released. :laugh:

And I'm calling it now, it's not just the Scythe they are faking the entire physics is being terribly faked and it shows. Just look at the loving ship at 2:30, every time his body touches it the ship jumps some 10m. Those ships have no mass.

The ships have zero mass, I have a clip of me stood under a ship and it is a few feet above me deadly still, then it turns like a tank a few times and scoots off with zero momentum or anything.
Everything is like that, like the game itself doesn't know or care what weighs what

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Fuzzy Modem posted:

CR and CIG ignored DS until the Escapist article

Nope. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

ps: Coming to you live from p 1677. Anything fun happen in the future?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I was looking for the original stimpire story and I couldn't find it. I did find this guy though who appears to be enjoying himself.

eeeyyyyy, how you doin?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

D_Smart posted:

Nope. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sniofq

ps: Coming to you live from p 1677. Anything fun happen in the future?

charging other players for doing chargebacks, if you're not there yet

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! uhm, nope.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

runsamok posted:

It's my current & favourite mouse too. I'll stand with you.

You, me and Beer can be Team Goodmouse.

Parp the haters.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyTolradi posted:

There are four possibilities here:
1. The emails are faked, CIG has had their legal team send Beer a letter to retract/apologise which he has so far either ignored or had a legal response sent to refusing to do this.
2. The emails are faked, CIG has ignored them and is doing nothing.
3. The emails are real, CIG has had their legal team send Beer a letter to retract/apologise which he has so far either ignored or had a legal response sent to refusing to do this.
4. The emails are real and CIG doesn't want to go near them in legal action because it would be a PR disaster.

2 is the least likely situation here, given Beer's previous visibility in the SC community and also their response to the Escapist. If 1 were true, I couldn't see Beer refusing a request that would avoid further legal action with the possibility of having to pay damages/legal fees, it would be financial suicide. Beer hasn't mentioned any legal request to remove the emails and/or apologise over the matter or any kind of response from CIG so then we're left with option 4. If Sandi did write those emails herself, going anywhere near them legally would be a minefield for CIG to navigate and would be throwing more fuel on to the flames of doubters and sceptics.

You're an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

aleksendr posted:

:thumbsup:

Always loved Ravel's Bolero

Bohm would have also been acceptable.

PGabz is truly the parp in this thread's sails.

• Locked thread