Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Greg Berlanti is the strongest man in television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

drat the arrowverse contains NBC, CBS, and CW.

I want Flash to crossover with Gotham now so they can explain that it takes place on some Bizarro earth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should just ignore Superman entirely and have Barry wonder why the hell this girl talks about her cousin so much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Madkal posted:

I want Flash to crossover with Gotham now so they can explain that it takes place on some Bizarro earth.

Supergirl should crossover with Gotham and she tries to fight Bruce. BvS on tv.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I wonder if it'll be a quick shot of Flash dimension hopping into her Earth and popping out just as quick.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He's heading to Earth-2, lands on Earth-3 by mistake is like "oops, oh hi flying girl with a S on your chest!" and she replies "This isn't an S, on my planet it stands for..." and Barry just quickly jumps back in the portal with "nope don't care"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And she was gonna say sex. Barry missed out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The haste with which this seems to be happening makes it seem like it will be a pretty cheap cameo or something. I hope it is actually good.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Madkal posted:

Only if Balloon Man is the villain.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The episode is currently going to be titled "Worlds Finest" (sic), according to Grant Gustin's instagram post.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

The episode is currently going to be titled "Worlds Finest" (sic), according to Grant Gustin's instagram post.

I'm so excited, who knew 2016 would top 2015 for bonkers comic book tv stuff.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'd probably lose my poo poo if they have a crossover episode with Amell, Gustin, and Benoist all together :circlefap:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

teagone posted:

I'd probably lose my poo poo if they have a crossover episode with Amell, Gustin, and Benoist all together :circlefap:

And they all face the camera directly and say, "Writer's room, you have failed this city!"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

teagone posted:

If this crossover performs well, and SG get's another season, then expect a crossover next season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

teagone posted:

That's way too much handsome on screen at one time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

That's way too much handsome on screen at one time.

The CW's MO is basically "how many pretty people can we get on screen at the same time?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
New post for an unrelated topic.

Lucifer's second episode was dece, but it's loving hilarious to me that there are now 2 shows based on Vertigo comics that have been turned into police procedurals despite the original comic having absolutely nothing to do with cops.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

New post for an unrelated topic.

Lucifer's second episode was dece, but it's loving hilarious to me that there are now 2 shows based on Vertigo comics that have been turned into police procedurals despite the original comic having absolutely nothing to do with cops.

I'm just ignoring they're based on comics. Both are so far apart from the source material they're basically original series.

Hell, look what happened to the one show that DID stay close to it's Vertigo comic inspiration. :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm just ignoring they're based on comics. Both are so far apart from the source material they're basically original series.

Hell, look what happened to the one show that DID stay close to it's Vertigo comic inspiration. :(

To be fair, Constantine was kinda poo poo. The main actor and Chaz were pretty good, but the writing was terrible, the new female sidekick wasn't any better than the one they poo poo-canned after the pilot and had less of a reason to even be in the show than the first one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

One, iZombie, is the best comic show on TV and is a million times better than the book it's based on. The other, Lucifer, is reportedly a fun watch but will probably never touch the book it's based on in terms of quality.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

X-O posted:

One, iZombie, is the best comic show on TV and is a million times better than the book it's based on. The other, Lucifer, is reportedly a fun watch but will probably never touch the book it's based on in terms of quality.

I really like iZombie, but I was a Veronica Mars fanboy so I was going to check it out regardless. I never read the comic and made the decision that I wouldn't start just so I wouldn't compare it.

Lucifer, man, there's just no way that book could ever be a TV series anyway so might as well just pretend it doesn't exist.

For some reason the biggest thing about Lucifer is that he's named Lucifer Morningstar...come on...at least just go Madonna and go with the single name. That's a little TOO on the nose. I'm waiting for the episode where his middle name is revealed to be Lucifer Lightbringer Morningstar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

iZombie isn't a comic show. It's molding a vague theme to a Rob Thomas show.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 4, 2016

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Lurdiak posted:

I wouldn't exactly call Lana confident. She was constantly looking forlorn and going "Clark, what am I going to do? My intense sadness can only be cured by you selflessly not pursuing me romantically to solve this dramatic situation I'm in that no sane person would care about."

The thing that always stuck in my mind about Lana was that she has a lot of spare time to drive to a rural Kansas farm two or the times an episode to say one dramatic sentence and then leave.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

I really like iZombie, but I was a Veronica Mars fanboy so I was going to check it out regardless. I never read the comic and made the decision that I wouldn't start just so I wouldn't compare it.

Lucifer, man, there's just no way that book could ever be a TV series anyway so might as well just pretend it doesn't exist.

For some reason the biggest thing about Lucifer is that he's named Lucifer Morningstar...come on...at least just go Madonna and go with the single name. That's a little TOO on the nose. I'm waiting for the episode where his middle name is revealed to be Lucifer Lightbringer Morningstar.

I kinda like that one of the only things the show keeps is that he never, ever lies about anything.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

theironjef posted:

The thing that always stuck in my mind about Lana was that she has a lot of spare time to drive to a rural Kansas farm two or the times an episode to say one dramatic sentence and then leave.

Lana's house was across the field from Clark's barn, where he would occasionally creep on her with his telescope in the early seasons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I see that Young Justice is on Netflix, is that any good?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, it's very good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

zoux posted:

I think the first season is pretty good. It takes a bit to get going and there's some annoying character quirks ("Hello, Megan!") but they even eventually address that.

There is a time skip in the second season, and I think that hurt the series since they introduced a lot more characters, and the ones from the first season suffer because of it. And in the end, nobody really gets a lot of time for development so they're all just very two-dimensional.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Young Justice owns

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Young Justice season 1 was good, then Cartoon Network meddled in season 2 way too much and it was schwarbage.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I talk a lot of poo poo about YJ but I think season 1 was generally pretty good and genuinely showed a lot of promise... that season 2 flushed down the toilet.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I think it's worth watching all of it, they recently added season 2 (after something like 2 years I think).

ufarn
May 30, 2009

zoux posted:

It's decent. Not bad, not great, but perfectly fine and absolutely mandatory if you care about comicbooks and superheroes. Pretty much better than any of the direct-to-dvd movies, except perhaps for Flashpoint Paradox.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

ufarn posted:

It's decent. Not bad, not great, but perfectly fine and absolutely mandatory if you care about comicbooks and superheroes. Pretty much better than any of the direct-to-dvd movies, except perhaps for Flashpoint Paradox.

Mostly this.

Season 2 wasn't god awful compared to other things that are god awful. S2 had issues, but it wasn't that much worse than S1 overall, and compared to some of the bad things DC has released since then, and compared to the current Marvel shows, it wasn't that bad at all. It is a pretty ok show with some pretty nice animation for a weekly tv series.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The one thing to know about Young Justice, though, is that it doesn't end in a particularly satisfying way. The creators clearly planned on having at least one more season and the show basically ends on a big cliffhanger that will never get resolved. If you feel the need for a lot of closure, then Young Justice is not the show for you.

As for myself, I don't mind the time jump all that much. While its true that you get fewer character-centric episodes, I for one enjoyed the season-long meta-plot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jng2058 posted:

The one thing to know about Young Justice, though, is that it doesn't end in a particularly satisfying way. The creators clearly planned on having at least one more season and the show basically ends on a big cliffhanger that will never get resolved. If you feel the need for a lot of closure, then Young Justice is not the show for you.

As for myself, I don't mind the time jump all that much. While its true that you get fewer character-centric episodes, I for one enjoyed the season-long meta-plot.

They had THREE more seasons planned.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Rhyno posted:

They had THREE more seasons planned.

Now I'm depressed. Thanks. :sigh:

e: Considering that it was clear that season three was going to be Darkseid I'd really like to know how they were planning on escalating things for seasons four and five!

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 4, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ToastyPotato posted:

Mostly this.

Season 2 wasn't god awful compared to other things that are god awful. S2 had issues, but it wasn't that much worse than S1 overall, and compared to some of the bad things DC has released since then, and compared to the current Marvel shows, it wasn't that bad at all. It is a pretty ok show with some pretty nice animation for a weekly tv series.

I think the biggest issue with yj was the that it took itself way too seriously and The Team (tm) themselves were way too angsty. Between Speedy, Superboy and Artemis the first season is almost unbearable. It gets much better towards end the first season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YJ Wally is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

YJ Bart is totally crash.

Fixed