Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

Speedball posted:

That would be pretty drat amazing. Letting US have a zombie? Yes please!

Now -YOU- can undertake terror missions and infect helpless civilians!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I've yet to see the start of a new game. Do you still get to pick what region you start, and do they have various bonuses?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
New weapons, the Thunder tier, which balances less damage for a chain lightning effect.
Edit: This isn't a thing revealed, I want to mod it in.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 4, 2016

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I have to say that the one thing from all the streams that is driving me insane is that Bradford sounds nothing like he did in EU/EW. Is it a new voice actor, and if so, why? Doesn't sound right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ComposerGuy posted:

I have to say that the one thing from all the streams that is driving me insane is that Bradford sounds nothing like he did in EU/EW. Is it a new voice actor, and if so, why? Doesn't sound right.

Its 20 years later and he's been living in the mountains as a crazy hobo since you last saw him. He has not led an easy life, cut him some slack.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

20 years of whiskey is hell on the vocal chords.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ComposerGuy posted:

Wiki says it's a different voice actor, doesn't really say why. Maybe just to age him up?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Orgophlax posted:

I've yet to see the start of a new game. Do you still get to pick what region you start, and do they have various bonuses?

The bonus and region are random. The bonuses are also non-region specific.

Paranoid Dude
Jul 6, 2014

ComposerGuy posted:

All new stakes, all new baritone.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

busb posted:

Tentaculats????? :stonk:

ProZocK posted:

Not THAT worse.

I don't know how to break this to you, but... :unsmigghh:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Soothing Vapors posted:

Wiki says it's a different voice actor, doesn't really say why. Maybe just to age him up?

I mean, sure, it's just that the human voice doesn't really work in such a way as to change as drastically as the change here. While age *does* change your voice somewhat (called presbyphonia), it only really introduces minor issues like slight pitch alterations (although men's voices actually alter *up* with age, not down) and some gruffness. Even years of heavy chain-smoking and drinking, while it will gravel-up the sound, won't fundamentally alter the "sound" of your voice at a base level outside of you suddenly needing a hole cut in your throat and/or severe vocal damage...but the Bradford in X2 speaks with normal clarity and no signs of that kind of extreme trauma.

It's a dumb nitpicky thing (my not-so-hidden choral studies nerd peeking out) that I'm sure I'll get used to. But I'll KNOW it isn't Bradford dammit! Goddamn alien bastards can't pull the wool over MY eyes/ears!

No but really I'm pre-loading now and gently caress I need this game now. Is it rolling out at midnight Thursday? And if so, is that midnight in each time zone?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kanos posted:

I don't know how to break this to you, but... :unsmigghh:

Word of warning: anyone killed by this thing's death explosion gets turned into a zombie. Apparently including civilians.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kanos posted:

Toxiguns loving sucked because they sounded like shooting farts at people and couldn't blow stuff up or destroy terrain but were the best weapons in the game by a country mile.

This sounds great what are you talking about

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zaphod42 posted:

This sounds great what are you talking about

...not being able to blow up buildings sounds great to you??? Get this degenerate out of Xcom.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

...not being able to blow up buildings sounds great to you??? Get this degenerate out of Xcom.

Nah just having fart guns that do insane damage and are the best guns so you have to use them.

The not blowing up buildings is just the balance, it can't be completely OP or it'll just get nerfed. Bring some drat rockets or grenades, big whoop.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Preload is all done. I put in my two weeks notice to work that lines up perfectly for this. (Unrelated reason for quitting, just happens to line up)

I can't wait!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I watched a couple of videos and have some questions: So grenadiers are the new heavies, 'cos they have a heavy-style gun and can launch regular grenades further than other people can throw them (they are the same grenades, right?)

But the grenades do the same damage no matter who throws them? And do they get an extra grenade slot or something, maybe as one of the perks?
Then, Rangers are the new assaults, and they have shotguns for close up, and swords for even closer up? Are the guns all set by your class or can you mix and match?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they shoot the grenades further, and have a wider radius I think. Rockets are part of an armor slot or something

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

redreader posted:

Then, Rangers are the new assaults, and they have shotguns for close up, and swords for even closer up? Are the guns all set by your class or can you mix and match?

It's the same as XCOM 1, where rangers can use shotguns or rifles and supports can only use rifles. Other classes have one specific weapon type.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Grenadier grenades do more damage, go farther, and have bigger AoE. They get a grenade only item slot and with the right perk/upgrades, can get extra grenades.
Slot 1 item
Slot 2 item or grenade
Slot 3 grenade

so up to 4 grenades if I am remembering correct

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

winterwerefox posted:

Grenadier grenades do more damage, go farther, and have bigger AoE. They get a grenade only item slot and with the right perk/upgrades, can get extra grenades.
Slot 1 item
Slot 2 item or grenade
Slot 3 grenade

so up to 4 grenades if I am remembering correct

That's a lot of grenades for multiple situations!
Grenadiers are versitile.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

At that rate Xcom 2 will be like late Exalt missions, where you throw your grenades, the sniper shoots seven times and then you go home

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They can spec for higher damage/wider area grenades. By default all they have is the grenade launcher which lets them shoot it further.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Also they can get a perk that lets explosives loving crit

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Can't decide whether to use the Long War mods on release or not. Can anyone with psychic powers tell me if it will be better?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

DrManiac posted:

Also they can get a perk that lets explosives loving crit

From the GTS, not on their skill tree.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kiranamos posted:

Can't decide whether to use the Long War mods on release or not. Can anyone with psychic powers tell me if it will be better?

Beat the game normally, play with the Long War stuff after you've done that. I highly doubt any mods on release will be even remotely balanced.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Kiranamos posted:

Cook the recipe like it says in the book before you make changes to taste imo.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Kiranamos posted:

Play it once without and then play it again with whats wrong with you

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Kiranamos posted:

I'm going to go for them since they seems pretty interesting but not so much that it should majorly effect the feel of my first playthrough. I can't wait to see how the leadership skill tree works out.

[e] SMGs are going to be support's exclusive weapon in my game.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

DrManiac posted:

I'm going to go for them since they seems pretty interesting but not so much that it should majorly effect the feel of my first playthrough. I can't wait to see how the leadership skill tree works out.

[e] SMGs are going to be support's exclusive weapon in my game.

They'd probably also greatly benefit a blade-specc'd ranger.

However, I feel like sneak-spec will be superior to hanzo steel.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Deuce posted:

Intimdated by the original Long War mod making things grognardily difficult for no real reason other than because they could, much like I was when I considered trying LW?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Eimi posted:

First thing I'm modding in is Bolters as a fourth tier weapon. :colbert:

Or third. Basically plasma can burn in hell.

Take your dirty Sisters of battle and :getout:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Intimdated by the original Long War mod making things grognardily difficult for no real reason other than because they could, much like I was when I considered trying LW?

Then you should love XCOM 2.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Deuce posted:

Well, I think I'd like to at least have the option - SMGs and leaders should be optional if they turn out to be poorly balanced, and the muton centurion looks badass.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

Junpei posted:

From the GTS, not on their skill tree.

See Junpei, this is a good post, you clarified something useful. Do more posts like this and less posts like the one below.

Junpei posted:

That's a lot of grenades for multiple situations!
Grenadiers are versitile.

This one sucked.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Just stop posting about Junpei's posting ffs

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

It's your experience and you should do whatever you want, but the idea of modding the game before even seeing what the actual game is like without mods seems insane to me.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ProZocK posted:

See Junpei, this is a good post, you clarified something useful. Do more posts like this and less posts like the one below.

This one sucked.

this post was wholly trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Finally caved in and decided to buy this, but I apparently can't use the voucher at greenmangaming?