Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
I guess everyone at my locals is going to switch over to monarchs and kozmo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Quincytbb posted:

I guess everyone at my locals is going to switch over to monarchs and kozmo now.

The Adjusted List is an interesting Idea. However, I feel it's going to turn out badly when a bunch of people show up to tournaments having read the normal Forbidden/Limited list, and being told: "sorry, but you didn't follow the double down secret forbidden list." Also, While I do agree with some of the hits, I feel like it is overkill. Pepe is probably weaker than Magicians now, and I see Monarchs (and probably Kozmos) being the new cream of the crop.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maaaan and I was really hoping to make a PePe deck so I could yells "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN" every time I was about to win

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse posted:

Maaaan and I was really hoping to make a PePe deck so I could yells "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN" every time I was about to win

You still can...You just won't be the best deck now :smug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am doubling down on my opinion on Chain Disappearance. It's easily the best trap card in the game against Monarchs AND Deskbots.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I would be happy with this EXCEPT the hit to Skullcrobat was unneeded and screws over my Magicians. :/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You deserved it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I haven't even done anything. :F

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You played pepe

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No I haven't. I've never played PePe.

I've played Pendulum Magicians and pure Performages, but never PePe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You played them by association

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nope. :v:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Baal posted:

You played them by association

"Performage Skullcrobat Joker"

It's right there. Aso, if Stratos has to stay banned, it makes sense that this guy goes (Though that's a different argument entirely, and I actually don't think either should be banned)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Julias posted:

"Performage Skullcrobat Joker"

It's right there. Aso, if Stratos has to stay banned, it makes sense that this guy goes (Though that's a different argument entirely, and I actually don't think either should be banned)

It'a a Performapal, not a Performage, and I never played him with Performages, just with Pendulum Magicians. :v:

And nah, Skullcrobat can't be compared to Stratos. Stratos activates on Normal OR Special Summon (And can blow up backrow/Pendulums!), while Skullcrobat only triggers on Normal Summon, which is a kind of a huge difference.

(Even if Stratos came back, HERO decks still wouldn't do anything.)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Too funny.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why is the dracoslayer tuner getting limited? The full archetype isn't even out yet. :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because Pepe and Odd-Eyes Magicians are decks

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

It'a a Performapal, not a Performage, and I never played him with Performages, just with Pendulum Magicians. :v:

And nah, Skullcrobat can't be compared to Stratos. Stratos activates on Normal OR Special Summon (And can blow up backrow/Pendulums!), while Skullcrobat only triggers on Normal Summon, which is a kind of a huge difference.

(Even if Stratos came back, HERO decks still wouldn't do anything.)

it still kinda searches three different archetypes which is really dumb

list made me literally laugh at someone today who spent 1k$+ on PePe a week or so ago.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Koguma posted:

list made me literally laugh at someone today who spent 1k$+ on PePe a week or so ago.

I was going to ask how monarchs beat PePe but oh look I don't need to know that anymore :v:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Well, TCG just became a March of the Monarchs.
People will desperately try to justify their 150 $ Dark Destroyer purchases, but to no avail.
I have not seen such deck gutting since OCG killed Shaddols

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The dracoslayer is absurd is why it's getting limited. Hmm yes let's make a bunch of pendulums that love getting destroyed, now let's make a card that destroys them and replaces them with a new one, hmm

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

The dracoslayer is absurd is why it's getting limited. Hmm yes let's make a bunch of pendulums that love getting destroyed, now let's make a card that destroys them and replaces them with a new one, hmm

But the archetype doesn't work without him. He's the dracoover/slayer decks main card. :negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Samael posted:

I was going to ask how monarchs beat PePe but oh look I don't need to know that anymore :v:
The field spell hoses Pendulum decks. :ssh:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

But the archetype doesn't work without him. He's the dracoover/slayer decks main card. :negative:

Maybe they'll make an extremely limited L4 tuner that doesn't have a stupid dumb pendulum effect. Or maybe that deck is boring as hell how about that

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I suspect we'll get the "Rescue Rabbit" (read: downgraded but still very powerful) version soon enough.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Koguma posted:

So does Stratos.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dexie posted:

So does Stratos.

And it's Banned. Checkmate :smuggo: Seriously, these two cards shouldn't be banned

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think multi archetype cards are usually either banned or underpowered for the same reason that generics are. Every card printed has to be compared to every card printed before it. You think the power creep is bad now? Imagine if every boss monster had to be compared to Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Julias posted:

And it's Banned. Checkmate :smuggo: Seriously, these two cards shouldn't be banned

And again, Skullcrobat isn't nearly as good as Stratos.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Yeah I don't really agree with that.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

How good are Dinomists? Because I played them at a BoSH release and had a lot of fun with them. Probably the most fun I had playing in a while.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Koguma posted:

Yeah I don't really agree with that.

Why not? I'm curious.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How is Stratos better than Joker? Did they secretly make Stratos a pendulum when I wasn't looking?

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Why not? I'm curious.

Stratos searches E-HERO, D-HERO, and Evil HERO, which only two of those archetypes were ever relevant. one of those which only one of monsters from that said archetype (malicious) is relevant nowadays at all.

The spell and trap destruction effect you will -almost never- kill more than 1. maximum 2. unless you like soul charge for stratos and have 3-4 shadow mist/bubble man/neos alius in grave or something.

Level 4 (good), warrior (good for blade armor ninja or excalibur), wind. (not too good, but dodges chaos trap hole, I guess?)

Crobat Joker searches Performapals (very relevant), Pendulum Magicians (still relevant, will be much more so after this list), and Odd-Eyes (relevant for magicians as well, odd-eyes gravity dragon)

it's a scale 8 (which very high scales make for huge extra deck pools like rank 7s), level 4 (we covered this), spellcaster (trapeze magician, which is a huge OTK enabler and much more versatile than Blade Armor), dark (relevant for certain xyz)

joker floats inherently because he's a pendulum.

both have 1800 ATK

however in OEM you can run majespecter kirin and repeatedly bounce crobat joker to keep normal summoning him and searching everything in your deck. the same could be said with call of the haunted and stratos but that's way slower than pendulum summoning kirin and then bouncing back a joker and normaling it again.

joker is currently far stronger than stratos but only because the archetypes he supports are stronger than the arguably single archetype of cards that stratos now supports.

Koguma fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Both should be at 1, but only one of them is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kay Kessler posted:

How good are Dinomists? Because I played them at a BoSH release and had a lot of fun with them. Probably the most fun I had playing in a while.

Competitively? They suck because they brick pretty hard. Also looses to Monarchs. But like you said, they are fun. But I wish they were actually Dinosaurs instead of Machines :argh:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I love Yugioh fanart crossovers:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

I love Yugioh fanart crossovers:

Hahahaa yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_TCG/status/698203053145481216

What is the monster in the third picture?

• Locked thread