Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
god damnit I knew some stupid poo poo would go down when two candidates dropped out a day of each other but wasn't online in time to capitalize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I was already maxed on Rand No. poo poo.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
For gently caress sake the one morning that I had to be really busy :mad:

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Adar posted:

He's at 9/5 on Betfair (obviously a much thinner market but whatever) just to give you an idea of how far off Predictit is right now.

Adar posted:

Looking at PredictIt, you guys are really getting screwed. Your prices are so far off what those of us outside the US can get :( If this was for serious volume I'd have to arb it but ehh.

Adar posted:

He's still at 3.5:1 on Betfair so no need for that. I'll probably sell if he's at 3:2 by Christmas myself, just waiting for the market to move that far. The danger zone for his nom is the first two weeks of January; if he is still up 10 right after the last debate he's probably winning Iowa and then inside tracks the nom.

Adar posted:

Betfair does not have this problem and so those of us on there can move a lot slower, but if you're in the US you simply have to cap out your investment ASAP. It's like an IRA that returns 500-1000% but only if you max it on day 1.

Adar posted:

God American attitudes on betting are retarded.

Adar posted:

I've got no idea how to break 50 since I don't bother with PI, but there are only two possibilities for a market like that:

1)nobody has any edge and are just betting on numbers = it's fair by definition (this includes any combination of getting X/100 on an X/100 shot; what I mean is you're getting a fair price on the possibility of increasing your bankroll)
2)it's possible to get an edge by waiting long enough and predicting the direction of the next poll = go get 'em

This is the only way to make really big money with the constraints you're under. Betfair is easier but welp 'murica.

Adar posted:

What the hell? Betfair hasn't moved at all. Did some Bernie supporter blow $850 for no reason?

Adar posted:

As much as this is making me want to fund a PredictIt account having Betfair access is so so so so very good right now.

I have a hard head, but you finally won me over. Betfair is clearly awesome and PI is merely a pale imitation, and Americans deserve some combination of pity and scorn for making due with it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had $10 in Rand YES I was trying to flip for pennies. Now ... gone!

But that's ok since I made a bunch of money on Iowa.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
When the gently caress are they going to resolve BUSH.DROPOUT.IOWA? It's been 3 days now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mike_V posted:

When the gently caress are they going to resolve BUSH.DROPOUT.IOWA? It's been 3 days now.

They legitimately can't tell.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Mike_V posted:

Starting to get a little pissed off about it. A thousand bucks would've made this morning's Paul fiasco much, much sweeter.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mike_V posted:

Mine just resolved.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
What do you think of Carly becoming the GOP VP? She is damned good about staying on message and has been attacking Clinton since she entered this race. I can't think of anything she has done during her candidacy to completely rule her out.

edit: Meant to post this in the primary thread, drat.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Santorum is dropping out according to CNN, going to stalk his DROPOUT6 NO and see if any idiots take the bait again. Probably not as many because they've put up a disclaimer, but we will see.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

sharkbomb posted:

What do you think of Carly becoming the GOP VP?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

sharkbomb posted:

What do you think of Carly becoming the GOP VP? She is damned good about staying on message and has been attacking Clinton since she entered this race. I can't think of anything she has done during her candidacy to completely rule her out.

https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1067/Will-Carly-Fiorina-win-the-2016-Republican-vice-presidential-nomination#data

It can be yours for just 9 cents. :getin:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So Santorum, Huckabee, and Paul are gone. I'd say Fiorina will drop out before Carson or Bush (Gilmore doesn't show up in those markets).

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

pathetic little tramp posted:

So Santorum, Huckabee, and Paul are gone. I'd say Fiorina will drop out before Carson or Bush (Gilmore doesn't show up in those markets).
Don't discount Fiorina, she has a sizable personal fortune at her disposal and about twice as many remaining campaign funds as Kasich, but if I were her I'd see the writing on the wall and save the funds for another run at office or a llama farm or something.

Things are a bit more muddied now that a handful of the lightweights are out. It's a tough call, but look to the establishment to narrow by two immediately after NH: Christie and Kasich. My money will be on Christie going first since he had only $1.1 million in the bank on January 1st and he cannot be doing good a month later.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dipping into Cruz.Above20%.NO for the end of February while it's so cheap. I'm expecting some lackluster performances in the coming weeks, plus for people to be turned off by him as he gets more exposure. I also wish I would have bought more Trump.above35.YES while it was so cheap but oh well.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sharkbomb posted:

She is the only person I can think of who is potentially more repulsive than Cruz

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i vacuumed up a bunch of the o'malley 1c YESes last night in an attempt to nab a cent or two gain off the longshot crowd and here I am sitting with 729 shares cockblocked by someone trying to dump 627 1c shares.

IM DAY DAY IRL has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Feb 3, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

a cop posted:

Dipping into Cruz.Above20%.NO for the end of February while it's so cheap. I'm expecting some lackluster performances in the coming weeks, plus for people to be turned off by him as he gets more exposure. I also wish I would have bought more Trump.above35.YES while it was so cheap but oh well.
You may get another chance to buy very low Trump shares. PPP is going to drop a poll Thursday with "substantial drop in support" nationally for Trump.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Peachstapler posted:

You may get another chance to buy very low Trump shares. PPP is going to drop a poll Thursday with "substantial drop in support" nationally for Trump.

If it's less than 30% I'll be worried, but I doubt it will be. As is, I've only spent like $10 on trump shares, anyway.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i vacuumed up a bunch of the o'malley 1c YESes last night in an attempt to nab a cent or two gain off the longshot crowd and here I am sitting with 729 shares cockblocked by someone trying to dump 627 1c shares.

Basically, you bought those shares from yourself in the future

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I just undervalued the prospect of someone A. actually holding any substantial amount of >1c shares and B. conceding whatever position had them purchase >1c shares prior to this weekend. I figured that, given the small volume of the market, I could set the ground floor and cover the initial investment after dumping half the shares with everything else amassing a free sandwich for lunch if they got scooped up by someone thinking they could flip them for 3c. Oh well, $7 down the drain :/

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Always remember that on this site you're up against people playing the same game as you are, not the general public at large. It may seem like the latter a lot, but it's not.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Logikv9 posted:

Santorum is dropping out according to CNN, going to stalk his DROPOUT6 NO and see if any idiots take the bait again. Probably not as many because they've put up a disclaimer, but we will see.

Thanks for the heads up

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Thanks for the heads up

lmfao holy poo poo I put in 500 buy orders at .95 and didn't think they'd fill but here I am sitting on 'em. Oh my god I love this site

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Please let Kasich drop out early tomorrow morning. Please God if you're real let it happen again.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

sharkbomb posted:

I think all the cheap VP picks are good penny options, doesn't matter if they have a chance or not, if they are 3 cents or less you can just sit on them until someone buys them for a few cents more. It's not exciting but it works reliably

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Why is Bernie VP so cheap anyway? it doesn't seem unthinkable to me, especially if Rubio or someone else semi electable is the gop guy

Flavahbeast has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Feb 4, 2016

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Flavahbeast posted:

Why is Bernie VP so cheap anyway? it doesn't seem so unthinkable to me, especially if Rubio is the gop guy
Probably because many Bernie supporters cannot stand the thought of their man bending a knee to Hillary. Or maybe because no one wants to vote for two old chickens; a party ticket should have more balance. But I see what you're saying.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
The new national PPP poll has Trump at 25%... And Trump polling 35% NOs are sitting at 80c...

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Flavahbeast posted:

Why is Bernie VP so cheap anyway? it doesn't seem unthinkable to me, especially if Rubio or someone else semi electable is the gop guy

There is no appeal to it, and he'd likely refuse as well.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Flavahbeast posted:

The most important job of the VP is to not tank you in the general election. The second most important job is to be someone you can get along with for 4 years straight. I don't see Hillary and Bernie hanging out together much

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Julian Castro VP shares seem umbilically connected to Rubio YES in RNOM. Hmm...

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Thanks for the heads up

Man I have an open order for 250 @ .96 and it never got filled. I did manage to make $15 or so on the Rand Paul rush earlier. I should have dumped a bunch of other stuff to put more money into that. I got Rand Paul Nos at .60.

Kasich NH Yes seems like a bargin at .05. I know he won't win but it's cheap enough that I'll wager on him gaining a bit of ground in the polls.

User Error has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Feb 4, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

Because Hillary would never pick Bernie for a variety of reasons.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

User Error posted:

Man I have an open order for 250 @ .96 and it never got filled. I did manage to make $15 or so on the Rand Paul rush earlier. I should have dumped a bunch of other stuff to put more money into that. I got Rand Paul Nos at .60.

Kasich NH Yes seems like a bargin at .05. I know he won't win but it's cheap enough that I'll wager on him gaining a bit of ground in the polls.

Christie at 2c probably also technically a good bet. That said, Trump has such a lead that I'm not going to bet against him.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Romney NOM crashed because he's endorsing Rubio; these were people thinking that he'd jump in the race any day now. If y'all want .01 Romney YES, there are like 6000 shares available.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Aliquid posted:

Romney NOM crashed because he's endorsing Rubio; these were people thinking that he'd jump in the race any day now. If y'all want .01 Romney YES, there are like 6000 shares available.

There is a good chance you could double your money.... At some point in the future maybe.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Latest buys:

Hillary No in Nevada (@ ~23c, I expect it to double after NH).

Trump Yes in New Hampshire (@ 67c, NH-only polls are what matter and he's still holding onto a huge lead in the state).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Christie at 2c probably also technically a good bet. That said, Trump has such a lead that I'm not going to bet against him.

Kasich is down to 2c :mrwhite:

• Locked thread