Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Harpooning whales in the Arena still feels good.

Just went up against a decked-out Obiwan, Rey, FOTF, Lumi, and Leia and eeked out a victory. My Daka came through huge: she stunned FOTF and got him off the board before he could take a shot and later she revived Luke twice. Hell, even Talia showed surprising resistance against Rey's beatdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Ularg posted:

I don't know what type of teams I should try and fight in arena anymore. I'm rank #617. So it's Luminara, Phasma, Sid, Darth Vader and some occassional oddballs and chewbaccas. The drat shame is that choosing a team to fight is such a crapshoot. I see a level 53 chewbacca at 3 stars that isn't at a legendary gear level and his team is a 8* luminara, sid, fives and sid. It's loving insane. And I want the rng you guys get with Daka. I get one daka stun every 5 missions in GW or arena.

I hit a dude with Poe and Daka, at one time I had 4 of my guys stunned at the same time :haw:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just pulled Dooku out of a bronze pack. :whatup:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Davethulhu posted:

:argh:

Best I got is biggs loving darklighter, whoppity poo poo.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

You won, not really sure what you can pull from Bronze that would be better, congrats!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I think I still win with Teebo.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

I think I still win with Teebo.

Teebo/Datchcha/Ewok Scout/Tuskan Raider/URRRRRROROROROR lead will be the new meta after patch you're ahead of the game

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I splurged on Nute Gunray, look forward to my posts containing "Greedo (L)" after the patch hits

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

I splurged on Nute Gunray, look forward to my posts containing "Greedo (L)" after the patch hits

He fast as hell, tho! Slots right into the meta.

I'm spinning my wheels buying Asajj shards. Here's hoping you goons haven't steered me wrong. Who's ready for the all Nightsister squad?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

He fast as hell, tho! Slots right into the meta.

I'm spinning my wheels buying Asajj shards. Here's hoping you goons haven't steered me wrong. Who's ready for the all Nightsister squad?

I don't think you can go wrong with her, she will be, at the least, bug-fixed, and possibly buffed after the patch. If I didn't have droids that needed *s I'd be farming her.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Just bronze pulled Biggs too. Weird.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes

Notes are up

Edit: First even is Jedi-only and rewards a unique character.

I have only 2 usable Jedi.

Bah.

commish fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 4, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wonder if it's going to be Revan. They said it's a character people want. I can't imagine the challenge being 5 jedi fighting another Jedi. It'll be either Revan or Grevious.

I think i'm going to switch to farming Barris in cantina ASAP. If I can get her to 6 * I'll have my team that could do it at 6*.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Zotix posted:

I wonder if it's going to be Revan. They said it's a character people want. I can't imagine the challenge being 5 jedi fighting another Jedi. It'll be either Revan or Grevious.

I think i'm going to switch to farming Barris in cantina ASAP. If I can get her to 6 * I'll have my team that could do it at 6*.

Muhahaha I got the jump as soon as I hit 69 in getting her to at least 5*, I knew she'd have a use!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I was thinking Yoda. You don't have to fight Yoda to win Yoda. Maybe he's captured and you have to free him?

I'm definitely switching to farming Jedi characters. I'm stopping Dooku and doing Barris until 6 star. I will use some Cantina on ... I guess Ahsoka would be easiest for me, since she's already 4 star. My QGJ is only 2 star :\

Edit: Hmm there's no way I can get 5 6-star Jedi by then. Maybe I should try for 5 star, which is doable.

commish fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 4, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I think Yoda is going to be the shard shop exclusive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

6 Ahsoka shards and 16 Consular shards and I'll have enough 4 star Jedi.

Not too bad. I have a week at least.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

If I really wanted to push it, I could spend my 12k arena currency on Eeth. Wish they had some other Jedi in there :\

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This guy on Youtube Jedi Master Aiden I think is his channel name. He seems to like Eoth.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
As an Asajj user I'm sad that her heal won't be global anymore, but reliable buff removal and having her health steal gear actually work will be nice. The heal was pretty situational as many teams don't have buffers.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

I have a 7* Lumi 5* Barris 5* JC and 4* Ima that are usable, and a 4* Mace and 2* Qui-Gon that aren't leveled or covered. Who to build up? Qui-Gon is obviously better but Mace is more immediately usable....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The update makes Mace sound pretty good.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

So it sounds like they're not dumping a bunch of new characters into shipments or packs with the patch, just the ones available through the weekly challenges? And it's pointless to chase all of the weekly challenges, so I might honestly stick with scoundrels. Let's see, Greedo check, Nute halfway there, Chewie I guess... better start doing Boba Fett hard missions... and, um, hoping they rework Mob Enforcer. No, CG, I don't want a tank with Defense Down, if I need a dude to help deal damage I would take a damage dealer.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Not clear if you NEED 5 of each star or if it just makes it easier. I.E.: if I have 4 7* can I still do the last?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

commish posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes

Notes are up

Edit: First even is Jedi-only and rewards a unique character.
What the gently caress.

edit: is this to further milk the people that bought the heroine pack?

edit2: I guess the other similarly-priced jedi bundle counts, too.

edit3: ok, it's not further milking, it's just a greater incentive to milk new players for $40-$50

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 4, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm expecting Yoda as a new P2W hero, and Jedi Knight Luke as the Jedi earnable hero.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hughlander posted:

Not clear if you NEED 5 of each star or if it just makes it easier. I.E.: if I have 4 7* can I still do the last?
It's very clear, to take each level of the challenge you need 5 of that star level

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just remember as you move up you can count on that hero gaining a star level. So you can then incorporate them into your team along the way and he can be your 5th.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So which Jedi are actually obtainable for free in the game and aren't trash?

Everyone has JC and Luminara, and now QGJ is farmable. Who could fill in the two remaining slots?

Also, did anyone see the bug fix section where it mentions Health Steal finally working? That's gonna be a game changer depending on how much Health Steal a good DPS unit has.

edit: looks like you can get Eeth from Arena shipments, Ashoka and Jedi Guardian from Cantina shipments, and Mace from Cantina mission.

Eddain fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 4, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Zotix posted:

Just remember as you move up you can count on that hero gaining a star level. So you can then incorporate them into your team along the way and he can be your 5th.

Afraid not, he will always be a star behind the requirement, so he can not be used to unlock his tokens.

Eddain posted:

So which Jedi are actually obtainable for free in the game and aren't trash?

Everyone has JC and Luminara, and now QGJ is farmable. Who could fill in the two remaining slots?

Also, did anyone see the bug fix section where it mentions Health Steal finally working? That's gonna be a game changer depending on how much Health Steal a good DPS unit has.

edit: looks like you can get Eeth from Arena shipments, Ashoka and Jedi Guardian from Cantina shipments, and Mace from Cantina mission.
Ashoka, guardian and QGJ all compete for the same resource, so you really need to pick one, Mace looks to be promising in the new patch, and is by far the easiest Jedi to farm after Lumi, but if you are 69+ he competes with Barris. While not reliable to farm, I think Anakin is pretty strong, but with only a few late game hard missions getting him will be unreliable.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 4, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Finally had a chance to look over the notes and I gotta say, not much in the way of balance changes. I hope this is just the first patch of many and they are just trying to get something out because not much will change right now in Arena/GW. Poe "nerf" is really bad and they seem to miss the point his OPedness, it was NOT Expose, unless I'm mistaken and his reduced Tenacity will lower his Turn Meter manipulation effectiveness. And the FOTP fix will just UP his damage and lower his HP right?

I was purposely not building up my Poe because I didn't want to use him and was counting on a nerf, guess I gotta go ahead and gear/level him, especially since our Arena teams will now be visible and I will get crabbed down like a MF when people see my team is an easy win. Along with Mace and Ima for Event (which looks awesome). And Geo. And try to work on my droids. :negative:

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 4, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

Finally had a chance to look over the notes and I gotta say, not much in the way of balance changes. I hope this is just the first patch of many and they are just trying to get something out because not much will change right now in Arena/GW. Poe "nerf" is really bad and they seem to miss the point his OPedness, it was NOT Expose, unless I'm mistaken and his reduced Tenacity will lower his Turn Meter manipulation effectiveness. And the FOTP fix will just UP his damage and lower his HP right?

Yeah, as far as Poe is concerned, this still doesn't address his whole "entire team goes first" aspect. I've been resisting it, but I feel like I have to start gearing up my Poe. I guess the reduced expose means your survivability against marginal (not full of glass cannons) teams is a bit better. Note that one of the other items in the release is the ability to see the entire enemy team in Arena. If you don't have a Poe, you're going to have a rough time.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

oops wrong forum posted:

Wasn't the FOTP 7* jump a 3.3 STR gain and a negative 0.6 AGI gain or something? It'll drop his HP a lot and up his damage, but at least his basic attack will get fixed to not give him more hits than normal.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Eddain posted:

Wasn't the FOTP 7* jump a 3.3 STR gain and a negative 0.6 AGI gain or something? It'll drop his HP a lot and up his damage, but at least his basic attack will get fixed to not give him more hits than normal.

yea, I'm not gonna cry about him yet, I'm more than willing to see what happens now that he's the glass cannon he's supposed to be.

BTW to the guy who I told to go ahead and pump Asajj........I'm sorry

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Whelp guess I'm gonna drop 24k arena tokens on Eoth over the next week.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

yea, I'm not gonna cry about him yet, I'm more than willing to see what happens now that he's the glass cannon he's supposed to be.

BTW to the guy who I told to go ahead and pump Asajj........I'm sorry

I'm not sure she was hurt that badly. She loses the global heal, but gains a fixed buff removal and 45% or so health steal from her gear that up to now did nothing.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hughlander posted:

quote:

Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.

So yeah... whale event unless you happened to be farming the gently caress out of jedis for some reason :iiam:

I have 1x7 star, 1x5 star, 2x4 star and QGJ who can be 4 stars within 3 days or so. Still leaves me out of actually getting that new character (unlocks at 5 stars). Chucks.

Still, the event will return "after a number of weeks" so maybe on attempt nr 2 or 3...

In other news:

New Training Bot and Credit Events posted:

These Events are open indefinitely and no longer require Key Cards. Players can attempt them without limit.
Energy cost per attempt has been adjusted down.
Payouts per attempt have also been adjusted down to account for the lowered Energy cost, unlimited attempts, and economy balance.
So what, 10k credits per 35 energy? :v:

quote:

During 3 two hour periods of the day (12:00-14:00, 18:00-20:00, and 21:00-23:00, all in your local time) the player can collect additional bonus Energy through the Daily Activities menu.
Oh hell yes.

Lots of nice quality of life improvements in these notes.

quote:

The screen will now show opponents' full squad, allowing players to both plan for the Battle and to study what unit combinations other players are using.
:siren:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 4, 2016

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

I'm not sure she was hurt that badly. She loses the global heal, but gains a fixed buff removal and 45% or so health steal from her gear that up to now did nothing.

True but it looks like she's still bugged, they apparently didn't fix her Rampage issue (she can't trigger it if SHE makes a kill), and her Dispel still doesn't work right.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Maybe Asajj will work slightly better vs Poe (of course she'll still be dead before she gets to move)

Poe looks like he'll be pretty much just as good before, with no changes to his speed or turn meter manipulation (just marginally easier to debuff him, -15% tenacity and worse chance to expose) :ohdear:

Talia getting buffed/fixed is pretty nice for Dark Side healing, and nightsister squads.

JG, Mace and Opress buffs could be... interesting? Still don't see the Speed meta changing except for FOTP being slightly less OP (plenty of good attackers to pick from).

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

I also just noticed that my Arena team is further hampered by the Phasma nerf. My team right now uses 2 healers in Lumi and Bariss which is fine on offense because even the Poe users in my group aren't all whale teams and don't have optimal DPSes yet, so I can usually survive the initial onslaught via healing and recover enough to win a significant amount of the time. Part of the reason is that I can make up some of the missing damage on my team via Phasma assists, and probably at least once a match I'd get an assist while I'm healing or using Phasma's Victory March. Now that doesn't work anymore so my already-damage-challenged team, that is now visible to everyone, is going to start failing badly.

• Locked thread