Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Begemot posted:

The first, yes, but how could you forget Youko's flawless polymorphism?

I believe what he means is sequentially.

In that case, I believe he is correct. If we all read glorious nihongo and bought the tanks, we would have read this before that chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

vwoom

vwom vwom vwom

honk

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ahahaha, that scene of Akari being monitored :allears: They really do care!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

CommissarMega posted:

Dammit Shima, just... dammit, Shima.

But yeah, considering the people Kuromine hangs out with, why can't he be a superhero? Surely Nagisa's got some power armour somewhere, or Akane could give him powers, Akari train him to become Batman etc.

EDIT: Or he could go along with Shiho's plans, and become a (the first?) male Charismatic Pervert! You can do it, Kuromine!

You remember back when the principal dropped hints about the great plan she was putting together?

In an attempt to get out of a visit to the dentist, but even still.

I wonder if this is it? "Make a transforming hero" seems like the perfect goal for the staggering amounts of power and not restraint that she has.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias posted:

I really need to catch up on this. Left off around chapter %(-^), and I've just left it by the wayside.

On the other hand, this got an official English print, and I picked up the first volume yesterday! Hopefully the translation is good.

Finally got around to reading this.. I like the translation a lot! The only big complaint I would have is the translation of Asahi's title as "Holey Sieve" instead of "barrel with holes" or whatever it was. It sounds so awkward. and unnatural. There also was a translator's note for Mikan*, which felt a little jarring, but it wasn't outright terrible.

*TN: Mikan means Orange

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Julias posted:

*TN: Mikan means Orange

:aaaaa:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
New chapter! http://bato.to/reader#e56fce29d29dc8dd

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

This is so drat adorable :kimchi:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Looks of really cute smiles in this one.

Especially that one smile on the principal.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Uh, he probably didnt refer to the mermaid by name because he doesnt know it.

Whereas he knows Youkos name. Thats a dumb (and cute) test.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

KoB posted:

Hush you.

Also man I am becoming intimately familiar with the first page of Chapter 132.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

KoB posted:

That's the point though, isn't it? To him, Youko isn't just "a vampire", and that's not just because she has a proper name. Basically I mean that it's not because he knows her, but because he, like, "knoooooows" her, maaaan, as a person.

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
The Juniors continue to be amazing.

I liked Asahi's development in this chapter a lot. It expands his characterization a little while still building upon his experiences in the manga.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Red Minjo posted:

That's the point though, isn't it? To him, Youko isn't just "a vampire", and that's not just because she has a proper name. Basically I mean that it's not because he knows her, but because he, like, "knoooooows" her, maaaan, as a person.

Yeah, this is what I got from the principal's little test- he saw the mermaid as what she was, but Youko as who she was, and if Akane's trying to make a world more accepting of nonhumans (at least, that's what I think her Big Plan™ is), Kuromine could really help her.

See? I told you guys she was going to make him a superhero! :smug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like "student characters eventually becoming teachers at the school they met" is way, way overused in manga IMO.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like "student characters eventually becoming teachers at the school they met" is way, way overused in manga IMO.

Eh, a lot of my teachers were alumni from my high school, so it doesn't seem uncommon to me.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
He makes the shounen Face of Determination!! Principal's right -- that is a good look for him.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Nate RFB posted:

Other things way, way overused in manga:
  • Thousand-year-old demon in twelve-year-old girl body
  • Students who are actually monsters
  • Sexy girls giving boys nosebleeds
  • Love-struck girls going "Notice me, senpai!"
  • Middle-aged magical girls
  • Pigeons wearing talking glasses (seriously, that trope is everywhere these days)
... I think we'll be okay.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Also, what's with manga and giant eyes?? Everyone's got gigantic eyes in manga and anime -- it's really an overused cliche!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

They do? Looks like I don't read enough Manga.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Twiddy posted:

Also man I am becoming intimately familiar with the first page of Chapter 132.

Seriously, it drives me crazy. Was there another group that did this at some other time, or did someone else just start translating more recent chapters?

Also, I can't believe how cute this manga continues to be. I'll always appreciate the non-cute one-offs, with the maid café being the high-water mark for me, but I just love how cute everyone in this thing is. Karen is the best.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SpacePig posted:

Seriously, it drives me crazy. Was there another group that did this at some other time, or did someone else just start translating more recent chapters?

Our old pals at 4chan got a bug up their butts because the scanlators were 40 chapters behind and decided to fart out the current chapter at the time to, I dunno, "show them" or something.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mirage posted:

Our old pals at 4chan got a bug up their butts because the scanlators were 40 chapters behind and decided to fart out the current chapter at the time to, I dunno, "show them" or something.

A similar thing happened with Tokyo Ghoul, but in that case a bunch of scanlators started desperately rushing to catch up and put out awful versions of like 20 chapters. I'm glad that didn't happen this time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I would rather slow-ish releases with decent proofreading than fast releases with first-draft garbage. Don't really understand why people get so impatient.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It did seem weird, since progress was actually getting made on Jitsu Wa. I enjoyed that 4chan helped get translations of Prison School finished faster, once the group that was handling it caught wind of what was going on.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shinjobi posted:

It did seem weird, since progress was actually getting made on Jitsu Wa. I enjoyed that 4chan helped get translations of Prison School finished faster, once the group that was handling it caught wind of what was going on.

All I found when I looked that comic up was what looked like softcore BDSM.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That's really unfair.

It's softcore a lot of other fetishes too!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Covok posted:

If that was all it was I wouldn't be reading it.:greencube:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Covok posted:

It's only barely not hardcore tbh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Covok posted:

Pretty much but it's also important to note that it is incredibly funny almost all the time. I'm not going to try and pretend that it's sophisticated in any way but the humour wouldn't work so well without the outrageous fanservice.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Covok posted:

"Softcore" is understating it imo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Covok posted:

Best way to describe it is probably 'dark, atmospheric sex farce'.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't think any of you have seen hardcore BDSM, but we're here to talk about the world of idiots so...

I feel like the story is leading up to something about Yoko's lineage ruining her stay at school. Whatever ruined her father's stay at school is going to come up soon, I feel.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Covok posted:

I don't think any of you have seen hardcore BDSM, but we're here to talk about the world of idiots so...

I feel like the story is leading up to something about Yoko's lineage ruining her stay at school. Whatever ruined her father's stay at school is going to come up soon, I feel.

Nah, clearly all she has to do is crossdress and she'll be a fine teacher.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Was finally able to read the chapter.

Yes. All the yes.

DrSunshine posted:

He makes the shounen Face of Determination!! Principal's right -- that is a good look for him.

It is, and ... maybe this is a subtle praise of teachers - teachers are superheroes!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also I want a mermaid girl in this manga.

Do iiiiit

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#ded4330444e912af New chapter!

(I swear I will make an avatar one of these days I'm sorry I suck)

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This certainly was a manly chapter with plenty of manly bonding.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A boat of hope, eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJM4wI0Qwio

• Locked thread