Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
in news that will shock absolutely no one, arkham knight will not be released for Mac or Linux per wb and rocksteady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its on sale today for 23. seems a little much

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

its on sale today for 23. seems a little much

do you like buggy games full of questionable design decisions and some of the worst support of aaa title ever

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i do appreciate arkham knight though

rock steady realized that all their maps in this game were poo poo so they added in old arkham asylum maps as dlc so people could enjoy a small fraction of the game when they wanted a break from tank battles

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was going to buy mkx next sale until they got all weird and vindictive about the pc

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
oh god ive turned into arkham knight stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nuh uh i loved arkham knight, it was the best batman game

arkham asylum was good
arkham city was great
arkham knight was amazing

arkham origins was just okay, which means it was still better than a whole lot of games, but the worst of the series (the terrible blackgate sidescroller notwithstanding)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was playing some video games and you know what? it's really weird how every shooter now has a 1-hit kill melee button

i feel like halo was the first one to do that, but they had the lore for it b/c the halo guy is like 7 feet tall genetically engineered and mega strong and wearing powered armor. so of course he can punch you dead.

but when you're like, a 18 year old soviet conscript in ww2, it's super weird that you can instantly kill a guy by hitting him in the face with your rifle butt.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so I thought I got to the stupid ending of the witness before turns out there's a stupider one

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sagebrush posted:

i was playing some video games and you know what? it's really weird how every shooter now has a 1-hit kill melee button

i feel like halo was the first one to do that, but they had the lore for it b/c the halo guy is like 7 feet tall genetically engineered and mega strong and wearing powered armor. so of course he can punch you dead.

but when you're like, a 18 year old soviet conscript in ww2, it's super weird that you can instantly kill a guy by hitting him in the face with your rifle butt.

it's more of a game balance thing, like if you're ~~skilled~~ enough to get in close then you should insta-kill with your knife

at least that's how it is for call of duty

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tell you what i'll swing 10 pounds of walnut and steel at your head and you try to keep standing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it'd hurt a lot, but i'm like 95% sure i wouldn't just instantly die. especially if i was wearing an army helmet.

actually it would make a lot of sense if the melee just knocked the guy down and then you had to shoot him on the ground.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
that sounds tedious

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Halo's melee doesn't one hit kill an enemy at full health unless you hit them from the back.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SAME

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I had a lot of fun in Uncharted and The Last of Us running around like a moron, punching guys in the face as the futilely tried to shoot me with machine guns. I'm in favour of being able to do idiotic poo poo to clown enemies.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

you might be my doppelganger

do you have a goatee

No.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al! posted:

i was going to buy mkx next sale until they got all weird and vindictive about the pc

it's a really bad port

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stymie posted:

arkham asylum was good
:agreed:

quote:

arkham city was great

quote:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dqs

(that being said, asylum > knight > city)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if asylum had the variety of bossfights like the later games itd be goty all years

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Notorious QIG posted:

dqs

(that being said, asylum > knight > city)

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

pseudorandom name posted:

Halo's melee doesn't one hit kill an enemy at full health unless you hit them from the back.

This. do your research before posting BS, sagebrush. Ugh..

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

it's more of a game balance thing, like if you're ~~skilled~~ enough to get in close then you should insta-kill with your knife

at least that's how it is for call of duty

its also a lazy developer trick to prevent bugs where you sneak up on someone and hit them with something that should kill them but doesn't cause of hit boxes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stymie posted:

nuh uh i loved arkham knight, it was the best batman game

arkham asylum was good
arkham city was great

arkham origins was just okay, which means it was still better than a whole lot of games, but the worst of the series (the terrible blackgate sidescroller notwithstanding)

i didnt play origins but this is correct. knight is the best game and they eventually patched it into playability.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

soylentelpro

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pseudorandom name posted:

or if you're running towards them which increases damage

that's only enough to one-hit a grunt or jackal though, elites still take more than one punch. and flood which are inexplicably resistant to melee damage until 3

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

soylentelpro

with friends like these

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

soylentelpro

soylent scope

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
i got fallout 4 for $20.......i still feel ripped off!!!! was this written by a TWELVE y/o???? the game looks like a loving cartoon too!!! hahaha what the gently caress am i right guys?

i like it plz don't bully

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

soylent hills

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Arkham Knight worked perfectly for me from Day 1, I guess I must have had the exact system they tested the game on.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i played after the august patch and it ran like a dream at near-max settings the entire time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Separately, Eurogamer has heard the same thing. I was told the release is finally happening - via Wii U Virtual Console - to celebrate Mother 3's 10th anniversary of release in Japan.

Another source confirmed Mother 3 was in the final stages of localisation at Nintendo of Europe "a little while back".
:swoon:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pwnstar posted:

Arkham Knight worked perfectly for me from Day 1, I guess I must have had the exact system they tested the game on.

a ps4?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Who's staying up for xcom 2 to unlock?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao

peter.
peter.

quote:

Godus Wars, the second unfinished Godus game from development team 22Cans, costs £11 on Steam. And until a few moments ago, once you’d battled through the first continent of its combat-focused spin-off, to play any more of the game cost another $5. Yup, this new “free to owners of Godus” early access, severely unfinished game included surprise premium in-game purchases! Unsurprisingly, on discovering this, already angry players became even angrier, and let their feelings be known. A taken-aback 22Cans have just announced they’re removing this charge, while expressing astonishment that anyone should have minded it.

quote:

“In the mean time, its been brought to our attention that the extra content being a premium add on really isn’t a popular choice. Whilst we think that it does represent good value, especially considering that Godus Wars has been delivered as a free update to hundreds of thousands of users and the lower purchase price of the main game we understand previous Godus owners frustrations with this.

“Therefore, based on your feedback, the extra content will be available to all free-of-charge

“Apologies for the frustrations and we hope you enjoy playing.”

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
good lord that interface sucks

also was Godus ever actually loving finished? like even close?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i know some of you guys like idle thumbs and they had a really interesting discussion about the witness for like 15 minutes but then they started talking about their reaction to their friends Twitters and I can't do it anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

Who's staying up for xcom 2 to unlock?

it's my last day of work and there's this thing in Toronto tonight where you play video games at a bar so I might just be up anyway

• Locked thread