Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magile
May 20, 2008

jaffyjaffy posted:

Think they'll implement a server transfer at some point? I assume they'll merge the lower pop realms at some point, but it's somewhat annoying being on Yunwa with a comparatively minor pop.

According to some Google research, Blade & Soul has no current way of enabling server transfers (this includes all versions of the client). I recall some EU players attempting to request a server transfer and being denied outright saying it wasn't available. In all honesty, it's not difficult to level a character and unless you have spent a lot of funds on your current one, you can easily get help leveling on Mushin or any other goon populated server you may join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

As soon as I started yelling about it, I got the helmet. Thanks RNG Goddess.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
On another note, I really cannot wait for us to get into 2.0 and beyond content, when they hand music composition for major bosses off to James 'RULES OF NATURE!' Christopherson.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Reicere posted:

Sorry, It looks like my files don't actually have that npc in them... Everyone in that outfit is a man, and no LynF with those glasses has that eye dot thing.
...which makes this whole project kind of pointless now that I think about it.

:ohdear: Well I didn't mean to take the wind out of your sails.

That's odd, though, that the character isn't in the files. How is she rendered, then, I wonder?

Thanks for trying, at any rate, and if you find some way to do it, that preset would still be cool.

Gearhead posted:

On another note, I really cannot wait for us to get into 2.0 and beyond content, when they hand music composition for major bosses off to James 'RULES OF NATURE!' Christopherson.

what the what

yes I am looking forward to this

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

:ohdear: Well I didn't mean to take the wind out of your sails.

That's odd, though, that the character isn't in the files. How is she rendered, then, I wonder?

Thanks for trying, at any rate, and if you find some way to do it, that preset would still be cool.

what the what

yes I am looking forward to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-3HSaQfx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq3Q6G3jcQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joff_1VbtLI

Enjoy! This game's music gets good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Where's the rad ninja-y assassin outfit from the character creation screen

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

DemonMage posted:

What's annoying to you about it? The markets and dungeon/arena finders are all region based not server. Just not having a bigger guild to talk to?

More just whenever I'm out doing dailies no one ever seems to want to do Blackwyrm, generally due to only having 2-3 MW channels. I know it's pointless once I get the weapon requirement for Poh, but when I see a dragon in muh MMORPGs I feel obligated to slay the dragon :black101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As soon as I started yelling about it, I got the helmet. Thanks RNG Goddess.

If only that would work for me and Dura's outfit.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Add Eskra to the Mushin blueside waitlist.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

chumbler posted:

If only that would work for me and Dura's outfit.

Yeah, I haven't even bothered with those. I'll go for that when I'm 45/50 and then grind that poo poo out when it takes 5 seconds to nuke the boss.

Finally hit 40, and this new zone is poo poo, and the storyline just took a dump and rolled in it. Eugh...

Apparently there's a limit to the amount of things you can sell on the AH in a day? WHY

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 4, 2016

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

Enjoy! This game's music gets good

The music is already quite good, Poharan's theme rocks pretty drat hard, but it just keeps on getting BETTER.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Gearhead posted:

The music is already quite good, Poharan's theme rocks pretty drat hard, but it just keeps on getting BETTER.

Dynasty Poh-riors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J466BxjdKnQ

And then we'll get silverfrost's theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-N7uPo5A8M

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'm actually curious, without spoiling much does Poharan become a recurring character later on? Between her insane popularity with the fanbases in Asia and her distinctive visual design and musical theme, she seems like a shoo-in to get elevated to "main cast status" in later acts.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm actually curious, without spoiling much does Poharan become a recurring character later on? Between her insane popularity with the fanbases in Asia and her distinctive visual design and musical theme, she seems like a shoo-in to get elevated to "main cast status" in later acts.

Without spoilers? Yes. She shows up as a Big drat Hero in act 6. That's all I can safely say. All the blackram people get elevated, actually. The Blackrams are the most honest people in the game to the PC, save Mushin

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I've seen her in a lot of later cut scenes I saw on you tube so I think so.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

HapiMerchant posted:

Without spoilers? Yes. She shows up as a Big drat Hero in act 6. That's all I can safely say. All the blackram people get elevated, actually. The Blackrams are the most honest people in the game to the PC, save Mushin

If I was to turn this into a plotline like in my animes:

I can almost imagine it in the sense of you beat up Poharan pretty hard and she starts having a love-hate relationship with you (because you beat her but she starts stalking you to learn from you), which gets the attention of her dad who doesn't approve of this sort of relationship and confronts you about it, who you then also beat up pretty hard, but following this he suddenly approves of you because you're stronger than him.

On a more serious side: Is Namsoyoo actually a Stratus Princess of a sort, or is the name of the pre-Talus princess mentioned in one of the sidequests at Taigong's Hideaway happen to have a similar name to her due to Korean naming conventions?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Karistar posted:

If I was to turn this into a plotline like in my animes:

I can almost imagine it in the sense of you beat up Poharan pretty hard and she starts having a love-hate relationship with you (because you beat her but she starts stalking you to learn from you), which gets the attention of her dad who doesn't approve of this sort of relationship and confronts you about it, who you then also beat up pretty hard, but following this he suddenly approves of you because you're stronger than him.

On a more serious side: Is Namsoyoo actually a Stratus Princess of a sort, or is the name of the pre-Talus princess mentioned in one of the sidequests at Taigong's Hideaway happen to have a similar name to her due to Korean naming conventions?

You may be thinking of Yunma Fei, the skyhaven resistance leader [and talus princess]

I think Namsoyoo is just important because she's a virgin and the ritual JSY needs to summon the dark lord needs a virgin (but she may have ties to Jiwan somehow too. Maybe. :iiam:)

Don't forget that the entire blackram narrative is basically this: Pc saves village, runs off gwon. Runs off gwon AGAIN, and ruins all his operations in the south continent. Then you end up saving Gwon's life. So now Gwon hates you but owes you a huge debt. He calls in his superior (Poh) who arrives back to oversee the moonwater supply chain. You beat the hell out of her and ruin thatoperation as well. Then you crash Hae mujin's own prowling ground, and wreck him as well. You basically did a klingon promotion, if you think about it.

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 4, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Karistar posted:

Just want to point out that Hae Mujin is her grandfather, not her dad. I want to pretend that her dad is just some ordinary guy with a normal job and the rest of his family is crazy pirates.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Found some stuff from Season 2 trailers that have poh in them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFn3CShev3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalPcMF25dg

cathead posted:

Just want to point out that Hae Mujin is her grandfather, not her dad. I want to pretend that her dad is just some ordinary guy with a normal job and the rest of his family is crazy pirates.

The real question is is hae mujin the paternal grandfather or maternal? If the latter, what guy got with crazy pirate princess to make pirate princess two?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Surprisingly enough this game runs in a VM on a MacBook without too many problems. Performance isn't the best, but there are basically no graphical glitches.

Color me surprised.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
From the information available it should also run pretty decently in wine, but doesn't because Gameguard. To the best of my knowledge, nProtects dubiously capable "hack-prevention" software is basically a rootkit; wine doesn't like that so it won't run it. There's a workaround available (i.e. disabling gameguard) but that risks a ban and I'll admit I'm rather leery of that possibility. I've got a Windows install on an ageing secondary hard drive anyway so for as long as that keeps functioning I guess I'll stick to rebooting into windows to play.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gameguard is absolute shite on a sandwich.

Things Gameguard has been known to disagree with:
  • Out of date graphics drivers
  • Google Chrome
  • Other games using Gameguard
  • Running practically any other program

Things Gameguard has not been known to dislike:
  • Hacks

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Is there a way to change faction? I went Red on Mushin when I was apparently supposed to go blue. :/

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I've been playing as a Blade Master and have had a lot of fun. I was talking to a friend about it, and he's interested but wants to know if there are any 'gun' classes. I know NPCs have guns, and one of the splash screens have a Catgirl holding a minigun, but can you actually have guns in this game?

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

Is there a way to change faction? I went Red on Mushin when I was apparently supposed to go blue. :/

Yes, it costs 6s and you might have to spam it a bit since blue is full, but it'll let you through. Find a faction dude in a major city and you'll be able to do it from there.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

HapiMerchant posted:

You may be thinking of Yunma Fei, the skyhaven resistance leader [and talus princess]

I think Namsoyoo is just important because she's a virgin and the ritual JSY needs to summon the dark lord needs a virgin (but she may have ties to Jiwan somehow too. Maybe. :iiam:)

Don't forget that the entire blackram narrative is basically this: Pc saves village, runs off gwon. Runs off gwon AGAIN, and ruins all his operations in the south continent. Then you end up saving Gwon's life. So now Gwon hates you but owes you a huge debt. He calls in his superior (Poh) who arrives back to oversee the moonwater supply chain. You beat the hell out of her and ruin thatoperation as well. Then you crash Hae mujin's own prowling ground, and wreck him as well. You basically did a klingon promotion, if you think about it.

My guess is that she's part of some later plotline. Kinda like how Lusong seems to completely vanish from the story after that bird explodes from his back...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

En Fuego posted:

I've been playing as a Blade Master and have had a lot of fun. I was talking to a friend about it, and he's interested but wants to know if there are any 'gun' classes. I know NPCs have guns, and one of the splash screens have a Catgirl holding a minigun, but can you actually have guns in this game?

You cannot. It is speculated that waaay back in pre-alpha there was going to be one, but it was removed for no given reason.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Anarkii posted:

Yes, it costs 6s and you might have to spam it a bit since blue is full, but it'll let you through. Find a faction dude in a major city and you'll be able to do it from there.

Any trick to it other than repeatedly asking to join?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Infinity Gaia posted:

You cannot. It is speculated that waaay back in pre-alpha there was going to be one, but it was removed for no given reason.

A lot of things in pre-alpha went weird. Every race was gonna have some kinda Beast Mode effect too, this was largely cut except for Mushin's head spikes and the werewolves which were made from the chopped up assets of Lyn monstering out.

About the only thing COMPLETELY unchanged from pre-alpha are the Pot Dogs.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

En Fuego posted:

There was a gun-using class in a very early version of the game, but it didn't make it. Supposedly, the next new class (after Chi Master, which KR just got) will be something people have wanted for years. That probably narrows it down to archer or gunner, as there's no physical ranged class and people have long requested one.

Amante fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 4, 2016

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
If they just copypaste the TERA Gunner class into BnS, I'll never want to play any other game again.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gearhead posted:

About the only thing COMPLETELY unchanged from pre-alpha are the Pot Dogs.

They are perfect as is.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gearhead posted:

My guess is that she's part of some later plotline. Kinda like how Lusong seems to completely vanish from the story after that bird explodes from his back...

Well the dicember patch preview showed her and her bitch smile again so I'm assuming she's there.

vvvv
:yeah:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I love Pot Dogs

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Lemming posted:

I love Pot Dogs

pot dogs are the poo poo and I wish we could roll them

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well the dicember patch preview showed her and her bitch smile again so I'm assuming she's there.

vvvv
:yeah:

The frustrating thing about her is at the end of the day she's not some kind of evil overlord or a demon or even a particularly irritating and well positioned minion, we've HAD those and they've been used to great effect. She's a small minded, vainglorious child who wants to be special.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Gearhead posted:

A lot of things in pre-alpha went weird. Every race was gonna have some kinda Beast Mode effect too, this was largely cut except for Mushin's head spikes and the werewolves which were made from the chopped up assets of Lyn monstering out.

drat, that's a shame. That would have been bad rear end.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Game Guard is one of my favorite anti-hacks ever. Of course, I like being pounded in the rear end by a 12 year old with script injecting, so I'm weird.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

pot dogs are the poo poo and I wish we could roll them

I swear if we get pot dog race before we get lycandi i'll be very upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

HapiMerchant posted:

I swear if we get pot dog race before we get lycandi i'll be very upset

lycandi are terrible hth

also I need to find a big cone hat, but I think the first one you can get is out of mushin's tower?

• Locked thread