Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

RareAcumen posted:

For example?

Denying visas because you don't like someones political views is not a great precedent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Return of Kings tried to have a meeting in Chicago, but Roosh canceled out of fear for their safety.

Vancouver doesn't want 'em either.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Kids are dumb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRZZpk_9k8E

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

Denying visas because you don't like someones political views is not a great precedent.

And particularly in Australia, a single minister has the power to deny you a visa, without oversight. So there is a serious chance of personal influence, though in this case I doubt anyone was wanting him anywhere near our country.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Number of fucks given: 0

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chromatic posted:

Someone secretly tells the audience not to laugh at any of the comic's jokes before he is introduced. It gets really awkward.

1:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFPu4oSlIPE

All I could think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1kywTT3e88

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

I grew up in the town where this school is and let me assure you... Texas Tech students are quite a bit below the national average when it comes to how dumb "kids" are

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"We interviewed a couple dozen random people and edited out the ones who answered questions correctly! Look at how dumb everyone is!"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Birb Katter posted:

I was pondering this too. But if it keeps that piece of poo poo out, grease the gently caress out of that slippery slope. I don't even care.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:eyepop:
ya that is one rad dog

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

BRASIL!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't know which I found funnier; the dude just walking away with his icecream or the dog just sniffing around.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Twitchy dogs and TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wxBQ9HQJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AFrDnmdTCg

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

"We interviewed a couple dozen random people and edited out the ones who answered questions correctly! Look at how dumb everyone is!"

The schadenfreude is on the editor for marking "America" incorrect for "who won the Civil War," since that's common shorthand for The United States and it's not like the USA stopped existing during the civil war and resumed existing after it.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That was just a cone filled with regular cream until that dude picked it up.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Birb Katter posted:

I don't think "rape is a good thing for men to do and women all deserve it" really qualifies as a political view.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Somfin posted:

I don't think "rape is a good thing for men to do and women all deserve it" really qualifies as a political view.

I'm sure as poo poo not in the pro Roosh camp but having one of the best buddies of a guy who left the seminary because the Catholic church cared about the poors too much having sole oversight on who can or can't come to the country is hosed up.

While the broken clock may be right now will this stop Aung San Suu Kyi or the Dalai Lama coming later on character grounds (aka pisses China off)?.

For reference, this is the guy who decides if you can come to Australia or not. There is no court of appeal other than him or social pressure on him (and he loving hates you) that will change that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Birb Katter posted:

I'm sure as poo poo not in the pro Roosh camp but having one of the best buddies of a guy who left the seminary because the Catholic church cared about the poors too much having sole oversight on who can or can't come to the country is hosed up.

While the broken clock may be right now will this stop Aung San Suu Kyi or the Dalai Lama coming later on character grounds (aka pisses China off)?.

For reference, this is the guy who decides if you can come to Australia or not. There is no court of appeal other than him or social pressure on him (and he loving hates you) that will change that.

Long bow to draw there buddy. Let's maybe hold off the hypotheticals until the Dalai Lama has their visa application denied before claiming poo poo like that.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Testekill posted:

Long bow to draw there buddy. Let's maybe hold off the hypotheticals until the Dalai Lama has their visa application denied before claiming poo poo like that.

You obviously don't understand how precedent works then.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

They're coming to Birmingham, Alabama instead.

Because, you know. Why not.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Birb Katter posted:

He is advocating criminal acts. Roosh is literally inciting criminal behaviour. This is the totality of the man's actions. Your system sucks, BUT IT GOT THIS ONE RIGHT. Criminal activity is legitimate grounds for denial for entry anywhere.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He has also denied visas to Holocaust deniers. I am quite happy with those racist fucks not coming to my country.

But am still worried that the current immigration minister, who is a deeply evil person, will one day abuse this precedent for personal or political gain because he's from Australia's right wing party, the LNP, and that's just the sort of thing their kind does.

Also Birb wasn't joking about the seminary thing. Our previous Prime Minister studied to be a priest but left because he couldn't handle the Christian ideals of charity and kindness. No joke.

But this is way out of normal schadenfreude territory (except if you're Australian, whereupon it's depressing as all get out) so let's have some dash cams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP83Odibwgg

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 08:17 on Feb 4, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
I'm actually a bit disappointed the pro-rape meetup was cancelled. We could have gotten some funny footage out of it.

DNAinfo posted:

A men's rights group meetup planned for Saturday night will have a tuba or sousaphone player tailing them and "playing funny songs," thanks to an activist couple's Craigslist ad.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

This was my brother growing up and I'd get annoyed with him when he'd miss the ball and not find it right next to him.
Then we found out he had a degenerative eye disease making him go blind and had no peripheral vision. I still feel bad about those big brother little brother playing catch days.

Also, my favorite thing about this thread is the CSI level analysis that comes from single pictures or grainy gifs that finds a whole lot of detail to paint an elaborate explanation for things to then be angry about.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Birb Katter posted:

Does this mean we have a precedent for you defending rape, or

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

Don't be obtuse. He means it sets a precedent for the Immigration Minister denying visas with no actual legal evaluation process behind it, and so one day someone might get denied a visa because Dutton said so when they were actually a good guy and not a rapist.

I don't agree, myself. The Immigration Minister is going to do whatever he drat well pleases regardless, and I don't think precedent actually makes a difference here. I think the only solution is to reform the whole process, so that we keep rapists out because it says in the official process "don't let them in if they are rape advocates, and here's the standard for proving that they are, and here's the process they can use to appeal" etc.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:17 on Feb 4, 2016

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hyperlynx posted:

Don't be obtuse. He means it sets a precedent for the Immigration Minister denying visas with no actual legal evaluation process behind it, and so one day someone might get denied a visa because Dutton said so when they were actually a good guy and not a rapist.

If you're advocating and inciting rape, how is that not a valid reason to be denied entry into a country.

Or is this an elaborate set-up for one of those when the country has ways of shutting it down jokes.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

If you're advocating and inciting rape, how is that not a valid reason to be denied entry into a country.

Or is this an elaborate set-up for one of those when the country has ways of shutting it down jokes.

It is a valid reason, no question.

The problem is, one single guy gets to decide whether a given reason happens to be valid or not, and there's no appeal. The Minister's made the right call in this case, but he may not always, and it shouldn't be the irrevocable decision of just one person. I think Birb Katter means that it sets a precedent that it's ok for the Immigration Minister to make these calls by himself. Personally, I don't think precedent is going to make much difference one way or another.

BK's not saying it's bad that a rapist got banned from the country. He's saying it's bad one man gets to ban people (generically) from the country.

The ideal would be: rapist tries to get into the country. Immigration looks at the rules and goes "yeah nah, you can't come in because you're a rapist". Rapist appeals, saying "but where does it say 'no rapists'". Immigration then goes "right here, under 'R'".

At the moment, it's "you can't come in because Peter Dutton says so", which is not a very robust system. Because, on the other side of the coin, you get immigration denying a dying student's family visas to come and see him and it's a shitshow of social media pressuring ministers to deny or undeny or overrule each other rather than a sane appeals process.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Feb 4, 2016

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

AzureSkys posted:

This was my brother growing up and I'd get annoyed with him when he'd miss the ball and not find it right next to him.
Then we found out he had a degenerative eye disease making him go blind and had no peripheral vision. I still feel bad about those big brother little brother playing catch days.

That actually is a blind dog, for what it's worth :v:.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Shut the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbr776KMKds

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

wtf is happening at 2:30?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

poptart_fairy posted:

It was already answered much better but I would rather Roosh can't here and I could go to a counter protest than a potato had the sole arbiter of who can come to Australia. It's taken massive realise to have things like a man dying of cancer the ability to see his family one last time because he's brown. Or there was the massive public outcry needed to have a dead man listed as married because he had a husband rather than a wife or 5. That dude was even British.

I think Roosh is hosed up, that won't change. I think one man's while being the soul reason you can't come to Australia is worse. Counter protest red pill shitheads is a much better day out than living in a place where churches need to invoke sanctuary so that children are safer from rape than would otherwise be the case (this is literally happening right now, not some euphemism).

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Shut the gently caress up already nobody cares

https://youtu.be/voOQ-Fph7Fc

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

amityville anus posted:

Shut the gently caress up already nobody cares

https://youtu.be/voOQ-Fph7Fc

Roosh parachute spotted.

Have an article about sanctuary being invoked in Australia in TYOL 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

poptart_fairy posted:

I'll let John Oliver sum up for you who gets sole say who comes in best. Note this isn't the guy who makes THE decision, it's the smarter better looking friend of who makes the decision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This is not the thread for discussing who does and does not deserve travel visas, or how pedophiles should be treated. It's annoying as hell, and has nothing to do with the thread topic.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

blunt for century posted:

This is not the thread for discussing who does and does not deserve travel visas, or how pedophiles should be treated. It's annoying as hell, and has nothing to do with the thread topic.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

They've cancelled the whole event now:

http://www.returnofkings.com/79537/announcement-the-meetup-on-february-6-is-cancelled

quote:

I can no longer guarantee the safety or privacy of the men who want to attend on February 6, especially since most of the meetups can not be made private in time. While I can’t stop men who want to continue meeting in private groups, there will be no official Return Of Kings meetups. The listing page has been scrubbed of all locations. I apologize to all the supporters who are let down by my decision.

Edit: Top comment

quote:

Good move. Ths earth is hard but the ox is patient. Time will be kind and no one will remember "legalize rape" allegations years from now but your followers will remember the time when someone attempted to silence their voice. It was with you that they were prevented from talking to. You are transitioning from former PUA to persecuted rebel leader. This serves you. Rise

:barf:

klockwerk has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gorilla Salad posted:

But this is way out of normal schadenfreude territory (except if you're Australian, whereupon it's depressing as all get out) so let's have some dash cams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP83Odibwgg

How....how do these people not know how to drive in winter weather?