Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

kustomkarkommando posted:

Pissflaps, sill want to stand by your previous statement that no one will make a big fuss if Wales, Scotland and NI carry a stay vote with England voting leave by a slim margin?

Of course some people would make a fuss, but I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Also I understand that the article itself goes on to describe how it's actually talking about the UK as a whole, not just England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Pissflaps posted:

Of course some people would make a fuss, but I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Lol a bit of a fuss.

Just shove it under the carpet. It's fine.

What's that? Hatred is rising?

Nah just the wind blowing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

No surprise, it's getting absolutely annihilated on twitter

Please don't post spoilers of my lunchtime reading

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Exciting news, ATOS have been replaced by bus drivers who will just eyeball you and decide if you're disabled or not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35478610

In her own words:

quote:

"He said I'm taking the card off you. It's on my hotlist. ... [That means] It's either been stolen or its fraudulent."

The driver is just seizing a card that he's been instructed to seize by his employer for whatever reason. It's an admin screwup.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Wait, he gets mad about foreigns eroding British culture here, or foreigns eroding British culture in Malta?

Because if it's the second one then :shittypop:

Whilst it is pretty hilarious, it's perhaps slightly less outrageous to talk about Malta in this way, given our historic links and the fact they almost joined the UK in the 50s.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 4, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Only one man can speak for England and that is Arthur Pendragon (the biker druid not the mythological one).

Also, looks like the DUP are going to come out in support of a leave vote

Is this because that's what they want as they're bigots or because Sinn Fein wanna stay and they can be the same as SF, neither would surprise me.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

StoneOfShame posted:

Is this because that's what they want as they're bigots or because Sinn Fein wanna stay and they can be the same as SF, neither would surprise me.

Can't be having the EU coming over here violating our sovereignty with their godless "human rights". What a man is willing to bake is between himself and god

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Can't be having the EU coming over here violating our sovereignty with their godless "human rights". What a man is willing to bake is between himself and god

Something, somethin I denounce you Antichrist' about right?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

What a man is willing to bake is between himself and god

So god allows the use of weed then?

Cool.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Tesseraction posted:

The latter, the one in Sverdlovsk/Yekaterinburg. Where Imperator Nick tasted lead.

Oh well then I have no opinion, but the St Pete one was designed by an Italian who was hired to literally make poo poo "as kitch as possible".

What I'm saying is St Petersburg is a lot of fun but don't expect deep culture, expect hilarious overcompensation.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

Cool.

It grows on the ground doesn't it? Just to make sure in case you missed it at the time, the bake comment was about the bakers who refused to take an order for a cake that had Bert and Ernie and a gay rights slogan, it went to court and from the comment I guess EU law meant the court found that to be discriminatory, because well it loving is homophobic baking bastards.

Coohoolin posted:

Oh well then I have no opinion, but the St Pete one was designed by an Italian who was hired to literally make poo poo "as kitch as possible".

What I'm saying is St Petersburg is a lot of fun but don't expect deep culture, expect hilarious overcompensation.

Except for all the culture in one of the biggest art galleries on Earth and all the stunning palaces.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

StoneOfShame posted:

Just to make sure in case you missed it at the time, the bake comment was about the bakers who refused to take an order for a cake that had Bert and Ernie and a gay rights slogan, it went to court and from the comment I guess EU law meant the court

Yea I know the reference. I was just being me.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

Yea I know the reference. I was just being me.

Always be you!!!

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

StoneOfShame posted:

Except for all the culture in one of the biggest art galleries on Earth and all the stunning palaces.

Have you been to Peterhof? It's hilarious, every single structure is basically "hmm can we add more gold foil and turquoise? yes let's add more gold foil and turquoise".

I mean sure the Hermitage is great but I'd rather see the Egyptian exhibit at the British Museum. Maybe I'm just not an "art" person. Also once you see bodies floating down the Fontanka you get kinda soured on the whole thing.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I thought the thread at large may appreciate this.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Who will say the 14 words?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Welsh Daily Mail went with "When will England shut the gently caress up?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zoe Williams in The Graun has a mildly funny review of the new biography of Jeremy Corbyn from someone with no contacts inside Jeremy Corbyn's inner circle

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

Also I understand that the article itself goes on to describe how it's actually talking about the UK as a whole, not just England.
People who use 'England' when they mean 'Britain' or 'the UK' should be shot.

Extreme0 posted:

Cool.
Yup. It's popular for stoners to quote Gen. 1:29
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
But more generally, God allows the use of all drugs as long as they don't make you chat poo poo like a prick.
"What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." - Matt. 15:11

StoneOfShame posted:

Just to make sure in case you missed it at the time, the bake comment was about the bakers who refused to take an order for a cake that had Bert and Ernie and a gay rights slogan, it went to court and from the comment I guess EU law meant the court found that to be discriminatory, because well it loving is homophobic baking bastards.
Is it? I thought the current law on cakes and discrimination was that you couldn't deny someone a cake based on a protected class. Like if you do wedding cakes with fancy icing swirls, you can't deny me one because I'm marrying a person of the same sex, or because I'm marrying a woman of a different race, or because I'm getting married in a mosque.
If I want you to put a slogan that you find offensive on a cake, which you would deny as a service for someone no matter what their gender or race or sexuality, then afaik that isn't covered by anti-discrimination law.
Although the EU claimed that they discriminated against him based on his 'political beliefs', not his sexuality, so if so I'm going to find some Northern Irish bakers to inquire about green white and orange cakes with a picture of Gerry Adams and rubber ducks shooting flames out of their beaks on either side. (I'm a big supporter of bathtime.)

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 4, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/695020665624268801

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

"What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." - Matt. 15:11

Someone should tell those God hates fags people that He only thinks it's not cool if you don't swallow.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i prefer their early work

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Haha this eu benefits brake thing is forcing the eurosceptics to argue that eu immigrants don't claim a lot of benefits

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Then they should say that. It's excluding language and they know it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Phoon posted:

Haha this eu benefits brake thing is forcing the eurosceptics to argue that eu immigrants don't claim a lot of benefits
They don't though do they?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

Well, yes, it's the Daily Mail.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Stop being reasonable you loving troll.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

XMNN posted:

i prefer their early work

football isn't an italian invention

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Exactly, but it's a drum they've been beating for ages

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

But young men can still join the fascists by visiting Chelsea.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

They don't but the eurosceptics have been quick to suggest that they do for a long time

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Jose posted:

My understanding is that very little (or none) of English common law comes from Roman laws either.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Telegraph online political editor posted:

“Wikipedia told me that Newport was a Britain in Bloom finalist. It seemed an incongruous place for a people’s revolutionary to have spent his formative years.”

She wrote this and thought it was an acceptable sort of thing to put in an actual book.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Phoon posted:

They don't but the eurosceptics have been quick to suggest that they do for a long time
The right wing eurosceptics just basically repeat "Immigrants! Benefits! Muslims!" over and over again until they become synonymous with bad, but left wing eurosceptics seem to go mostly with the EU undermining collective bargaining and being generally bad for benefits for all its members (except those members that are big businesses or banks, they get lots of benefits).

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's health and safety gone mad stew

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The UN working group on arbitrary detention is apparently likely to say that the Rat Haired Rapist from Reykjavik is being arbitrarily detained.

It's depressingly ironic that so many people complain about non-existent "bogus asylum seekers" in Calais while supporting the actual bogus asylum seeker in Knightsbridge. :smith:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He should be sent to trial as charged, and reprimanded to the letter of the law if found guilty, however any attempt to move him to the US should be tackled with extreme prejudice. I don't trust him, but I trust them less.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Guavanaut posted:

He should be sent to trial as charged, and reprimanded to the letter of the law if found guilty, however any attempt to move him to the US should be tackled with extreme prejudice. I don't trust him, but I trust them less.

Quite.

One should point out that, as a point of law, the extradition judgment stated that the alleged offence is sexual assault.

Assange's only defence is that he didn't do it. And he has pretty much admitted he did.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pork Pie Hat posted:

She wrote this and thought it was an acceptable sort of thing to put in an actual book.

Stunning political insight there.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

TinTower posted:

Quite.

One should point out that, as a point of law, the extradition judgment stated that the alleged offence is sexual assault.

Assange's only defence is that he didn't do it. And he has pretty much admitted he did.

If he can bear to hold out for another 4 years inside the embassy, the statute of limitations will expire. The whole situation is farcical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's like she has never even been to Newport, during Our Lord JC's youth would be coming to terms with losing its place as a major coal port, suffering from major job losses in shipping, to the rise of the steelworks, and we all know how well that went. Being a finalist on Britain in Bloom is possibly the only middle-class thing to have happened to it in the last century.

• Locked thread