Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its too bad because I don't want to do the spaceship part EVE part, but I'd love to do the FPS / dogfighting stuff in a way that could potentially impact the larger universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Why do we STILL have 2 threads?

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

What better to trigger your autism with my dear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

its too bad because I don't want to do the spaceship part EVE part, but I'd love to do the FPS / dogfighting stuff in a way that could potentially impact the larger universe

There's Eve Valkyrie but it's wasted on requiring a $600 VR headset.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

RIP Dust. It wasn't completely awful. Here's hoping that :ccp: Can do something interesting with the new project.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

I said come in! posted:

lmao called it a long rear end time ago that this was going to happen. Laughing at the people who told me that Dust 514 was going to grow into something that wasn't the piece of poo poo its been since day one.

careful, those strawmen might hit back

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

oh I know, but it won't actually affect the EVE Universe, at least for a while apparently

like if they had designed those from the ground up to like affect the EVE universe that would have been really cool

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Stop being poor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

oh I know, but it won't actually affect the EVE Universe, at least for a while apparently

like if they had designed those from the ground up to like affect the EVE universe that would have been really cool

Dust 514 was suppose to have huge changes to the Eve universe and that never happened. So don't believe anything CCP says regarding this. I don't think they know how to get this sort of feature to work. It's never going to happen in their future games assuming those aren't vaporware like they appear to be.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea :(

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've come around on Eonwe. His always-start-lowercase-chilldude-niceguy-posts are like the good in-between beers betwixt all the usual dank imperial pale ale favored spergposts and slapfights that otherwise go on in here. :shobon:

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Dust 514 was suppose to have huge changes to the Eve universe and that never happened. So don't believe anything CCP says regarding this. I don't think they know how to get this sort of feature to work. It's never going to happen in their future games assuming those aren't vaporware like they appear to be.

The Star Marine of CCP.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Stop being poor.
Chill friend

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is the chill thread. You need to be chill to post here.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
:rznv:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Siets posted:

I've come around on Eonwe. His always-start-lowercase-chilldude-niceguy-posts are like the good in-between beers betwixt all the usual dank imperial pale ale favored spergposts and slapfights that otherwise go on in here. :shobon:

its really easy to never use capitals on a computer but its a drat pain to actually make my posts all lowercase when mobile posting

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

DUST 514 barely affected EVE, but it did have some stuff that affected things. Mostly in the Faction Warfare systems, but the assumption by players was that the PS3 had limitations to it etc. so that's why it was limited.

A PC version could be better suited towards what CCP wanted and proved is possible (to a degree), but who knows what the PC version will be designed like.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone that was smart told CCP over and over again to just bring Dust 514 over to PC and PS4 and work on it there, and of course they ignored all logic and have decided to work on a game that costs $600 to play.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
valkyrie was a fuckaround project originally made in spare time that got enthusiastically received

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

valkyrie was a fuckaround project originally made in spare time that got enthusiastically received

so what

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

DUST 514 barely affected EVE, but it did have some stuff that affected things. Mostly in the Faction Warfare systems, but the assumption by players was that the PS3 had limitations to it etc. so that's why it was limited.

A PC version could be better suited towards what CCP wanted and proved is possible (to a degree), but who knows what the PC version will be designed like.

you can't really tie in the games much unless the FPS component has enough players.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

also I mean why would I play a loving mediocre FPS when TF2 and PS2 are both free

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Reverand maynard posted:

also I mean why would I play a loving mediocre FPS when TF2 and PS2 are both free

or World of boats

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah there are a lot of far better f2p games that don't have lovely MMO tie ins that don't really make it any funner.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

nice meltdown

In other news how do you think CCP is going to bugger up Legion Not Legion?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

Well Planetside 2 was never good, and Team Fortress 2 is a bloated mess that is infested with furries for some reason.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
pub tf2 is loving garbage

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am riding all of my enjoyment out of life on Overwatch being the next big multiplayer shooter.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lol if you dont pin all happiness on the next game coming down the pipe

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

It only ever had any impact on FW areas because... some of those nerds took FW seriously enough to play a lovely console-based FPS to ensure certain systems never flipped (or flipped faster).

Most of the time, outside of highly contested systems however, it just didn't matter, at all- ever.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I have this little "Infantry" number on my eve chatbox and it has always been zero, does that mean nobody plays/played DUST?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
It means you have not traveled to the faction warfare systems where you could theoretically see a Dust player.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

crew posted:

I have this little "Infantry" number on my eve chatbox and it has always been zero, does that mean nobody plays/played DUST?

There were only 12 solar systems where you could see Dust players on that list.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cannon_Fodder posted:

There is only one thread. Don't fall prey to Cardassian interrogation techniques.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

or alternatively, im sorry you have to...idk? look at two topics on the topic list?

it must be tough

I keep getting the two threads confused so i put a post-it note on my screen that says "terrible = actually chill thread" with a smiley face so I know this is the good one when I look at the list

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I went through my skillsheet in prep for sp trading on Tuesday and I have 4,336,920 worth of poo poo I wanna pull out of my head. I'll need 8 1/2 extractors but I think I can aurum up the first two or so then toss the filled 500k injectors on the market and use that to make my way through the rest of the extractors I need.

The diminished returns on high sp guys are godawfully retarded. If I wanted to respec or reinject my poo poo, each 500k sp injector only gives 150,000 sp to a high sp character, I forget what the threshold was, 80m sp or so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I keep getting the two threads confused so i put a post-it note on my screen that says "terrible = actually chill thread" with a smiley face so I know this is the good one when I look at the list

:)

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Helllo eonwe how are you tonight?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Cannon_Fodder posted:

And why is one run by a total goddamn moron?

Hint: Not Endie

Even I avoid posting in that one. It's all harsh and edgy and uptight.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
that said at any given point this thread is probably only a matter of days and a few provocative posts away from a tweetfleet slack-style red pen broadcasted invasion

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Endie, what's the name of that book that you've contributed to? I had the name saved somewhere but can't find it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Oodles posted:

Endie, what's the name of that book that you've contributed to? I had the name saved somewhere but can't find it now.

This is it, I believe: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Internet-Spaceships-Are-Serious-Business/dp/0816699089

• Locked thread