Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Cover up the skeevy bits and it'd be a rad model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I now understand while all the naked female not-mechanicus models have human faces: this one looks like it's a man with tits.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 3, 2016

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting flashbacks of trying to stick together those loving Cephalyx Overlords and eGaspy from Warmachine. gently caress you PP for cutting up your greens so that you have long, thin, fragile components with the tiniest possible contact area.

I am triggered by this.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm getting flashbacks of trying to stick together those loving Cephalyx Overlords and eGaspy from Warmachine. gently caress you PP for cutting up your greens so that you have long, thin, fragile components with the tiniest possible contact area.

I am triggered by this.

Those aren't even close to the worst ones. The Everblight Spawning Vessel used to come with arms that were too small to fit into the pegs on the torso. You'd get them all un-bent (because all of the old PP metals came in the form of pewter pretzels) and straightened up and then you'd realize you'd be off my about a millimeter and you'd have to choose between slightly bent staves or not really in the hole arms.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Frobbe posted:

IT CAME FROM... a colleague.

he bought a wargameexclusive model. this is his WIP. he also says it's fiddly as gently caress and everything breaks all the time.

in the state that's in right now, it looks like someone decided to wear armor that was forged to resemble a woman's torso

a breastplate, if you will

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 3, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

in the state that's in right now, it looks like someone decided to wear armor that was forged to resemble a woman's torso

Exactly!

Nuns with Guns posted:

:golfclap:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nuns with Guns posted:

Actually, if that wasn't so lovingly painted a healthy color, and instead a pallid/infected/unhealthy color, that would be pretty cool.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Actually, if that wasn't so lovingly painted a healthy color, and instead a pallid/infected/unhealthy color, that would be pretty cool.

What kind of pleb Techpriestess would walk around infected?

Go full breastplate, paint it silver.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I'm pretty sure the lumps are just where the tendrils knit into the torso. The silver 'cup' is just the place where the metal goes under the skin.

I think that guy's robe is falling open because he can't use the cloth belt any more with all the tendrils everywhere.

Science run amok.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

I now understand while all the naked female not-mechanicus models have human faces: this one looks like it's a man with tits.

niiiiiice!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

JcDent posted:

So it looks like most of the people you see playing WH40K?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Frobbe posted:

IT CAME FROM... a colleague.

he bought a wargameexclusive model. this is his WIP. he also says it's fiddly as gently caress and everything breaks all the time.

I sold one of these for $50. Some guy emailed me and asked why I was charging so much - I would have responded "Because someone will pay that for the model" but it was purchased before I had a chance to. Your colleague isn't named Steven, is he? If so, you can give him tons of poo poo for paying $50.

It's not a terrible model, and could be a really cool Ad Mech proxy. But I'm not a fan of the boobies, especially when they would be one of the first things to go when removing useless organic material that would have no bearing on a pure machine state. I like boobies, but those boobies don't make sense.

Boobies.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 3, 2016

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LuiCypher posted:

So it looks like most of the people you see playing WH40K?

niiiiiice!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JcDent posted:

What kind of pleb Techpriestess would walk around infected?

Go full breastplate, paint it silver.

Well, I was thinking of it just being a piece of flesh stretched over machinery, you know Cronenberg style :shrug:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

But I'm not a fan of the boobies, especially when they would be one of the first things to go when removing useless organic material that would have no bearing on a pure machine state. I like boobies, but those boobies don't make sense.

Boobies.
The jugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
If you're seeing the face, then the Jugs really don't work

Renfield fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 3, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, I was thinking of it just being a piece of flesh stretched over machinery, you know Cronenberg style :shrug:

Nah, that's more Slaanesh. I always imagined AdMech to be more machines plugged into gross veins and amputations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nah, that's more Slaanesh. I always imagined AdMech to be more machines plugged into gross veins and amputations.

I think it's personal preference - one of the stories mentions a Magos (I think) that still appreciated the human form, and kept his human face. I can imagine one of those guys thinking it's "completely logical" that stretching a vat grown face over his metal head will put the humans he has to deal with at ease.

But yeah, I can completely see your version too, some horror of lopped off limbs and vital fluids being pumped into the remaining organic components to preserve them from rot.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

berzerkmonkey posted:

I think it's personal preference - one of the stories mentions a Magos (I think) that still appreciated the human form, and kept his human face. I can imagine one of those guys thinking it's "completely logical" that stretching a vat grown face over his metal head will put the humans he has to deal with at ease.

But yeah, I can completely see your version too, some horror of lopped off limbs and vital fluids being pumped into the remaining organic components to preserve them from rot.

I think Titanicus has an AdMech diplomat who still has a regular face and a shitton of cybernetics under her robes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Guys with completely organic hands and completely mechanical arms.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

goatface posted:

Guys with completely organic hands and completely mechanical arms.

In other words, gently caress the Robocop reboot

berzerkmonkey posted:

You'd think magos biologis would know something about not making techpriests into nurgle beacons.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

JcDent posted:

You'd think magos biologis would know something about not making techpriests into nurgle beacons.

That's what the radiation is for.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

Organic failure isn't a beacon to Nurgle - accepting a cancer as a gift, as it spreads through your body, causing uncontrolled tumor growth, on the other hand... If rotting meat was a call to Nurgle, the Imperium would have to outlaw butcher shops. Nurgle requires you to accept the gifts he's bestowing upon you. If anything, Ad Mech would be the least prone to Nurgle's influence, as they have the least amount of organic material left.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 4, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JcDent posted:

:agreed:

I did meet someone once who thought the new Robocop was really good. His grounds seemed to consist of the special effects being better, he even went so far as to say it was like watching the original Star Wars and how you feel bad for the special effects.

Of course I guess that really makes sense for a manchild who named one of his kids after the prequel trilogy :suicide:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Padme?
Panaka?
Aayla?

... Jar-Jar?

Don't keep us hanging man.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the Robocop reboot... but it will never be as good as the original Robocop.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That guy must have loooved Avatar, then.

berzerkmonkey posted:

If anything, Ad Mech would be the least prone to Nurgle's influence, as they have the least amount of organic material left.

Now you're talking! I guess they would find Slaaneshi obsession or Tzeenchian lust for knowledge more to their liking.

...I still think that Biologis probably has nanounguents and biosalves to treat implant rejection.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ineptmule posted:

Padme?
Panaka?
Aayla?

... Jar-Jar?

Don't keep us hanging man.

Anakin :smith:

Kwyndig posted:

I liked the Robocop reboot... but it will never be as good as the original Robocop.

I liked parts of the Robocop reboot. It was very cargo-cult, there were some great notes that it hit, but then fell flat every time with no resolution or deeper introspection.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think Titanicus has an AdMech diplomat who still has a regular face and a shitton of cybernetics under her robes.
McNeill's AdMech trilogy (Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars) has a magos that is almost totally human looking, most of her augmentations subtle and under the skin.
There's one in the Horus Heresy book Mechanicum too, Kane. I believe he's the who takes over as Fabricator General after the Dark Mechanicum splits. He believes that tech should be used to augment, not replace, so he looks mostly human too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Kwyndig posted:

Same

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Kwyndig posted:

Indeed. Had some nice ideas but faltered in its execution. Didn't delve as deeply into the philosophical concepts as deeply as it seemed to think it was delving (I gather Gary Oldman signed up thinking it was going to be a much more complex film than it turned out to be) and I remember the ending being sudden and underwhelming.

Didn't hate it though, was a half decent nostalgia romp at least.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Found this while looking for some Necromunda stuff

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ugleb posted:

Indeed. Had some nice ideas but faltered in its execution. Didn't delve as deeply into the philosophical concepts as deeply as it seemed to think it was delving (I gather Gary Oldman signed up thinking it was going to be a much more complex film than it turned out to be) and I remember the ending being sudden and underwhelming.

Didn't hate it though, was a half decent nostalgia romp at least.

I think my biggest gripe was making a huge deal about the combat program, and then you don't see it come up ever again. I mean c'mon, you don't throw that nugget out there unless you're going to make it an element about how much of him is programming and how much is him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

I think my biggest gripe was making a huge deal about the combat program, and then you don't see it come up ever again. I mean c'mon, you don't throw that nugget out there unless you're going to make it an element about how much of him is programming and how much is him.

They did though

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Awww, I can forgive that one. At least that character spent three movies being a ridiculously awesome villain.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

ineptmule posted:

Awww, I can forgive that one. At least that character spent three movies being a ridiculously awesome villain.

Your definition of awesome is suspect, though the acting and dialogue was villainous.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

JcDent posted:

Your definition of awesome is suspect, though the acting and dialogue was villainous.

He meant the other 3

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Groetgaffel posted:

McNeill's AdMech trilogy (Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars) has a magos that is almost totally human looking, most of her augmentations subtle and under the skin.
There's one in the Horus Heresy book Mechanicum too, Kane. I believe he's the who takes over as Fabricator General after the Dark Mechanicum splits. He believes that tech should be used to augment, not replace, so he looks mostly human too.

You guys are making want to read warhammer fiction again goddamnit.

glitchkrieg posted:

Found this while looking for some Necromunda stuff

thin paints but what is his name?

ineptmule posted:

I can tell you right now; that kid ain't all right and may never be.

JcDent posted:

Hey now, dude was fed poo poo, told to like it, and told how to eat teh poo poo. There was little acting.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Oh hey, Trypophobia again. I'm glad I already looked that up thanks to the GW death thread so I have a name for my intense unease about weird necromunda mouthes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Kwyndig posted:

Anytime I watch Robocop, it makes me miss Verhoeven movies (that aren't Showgirls).