Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

whoflungpoop posted:

no yall are just so high on ur own spergy hatefarts that when someone says yeah bitcoin is retarded but there are edge cases for its use the whole thread goes into :frogsiren: instead of taking a moment to reflect on the fundamental truth of how even the shittest and most retarded innovations can for some ppl and circumstances work out fine even Walmart has customers
Bitcoin is a fantastic means for deflating wealth, squandering resources and stealing money from retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

whoflungpoop posted:

no yall are just so high on ur own spergy hatefarts that when someone says yeah bitcoin is retarded but there are edge cases for its use the whole thread goes into :frogsiren: instead of taking a moment to reflect on the fundamental truth of how even the shittest and most retarded innovations can for some ppl and circumstances work out fine even Walmart has customers

Please name one person that Bitcoin has worked out fine for, that isn't also one of the following

*scammer
*con artist
*ASIC/mining rig/video card manufacturer
*guy who went to Brazil to skeet on an underage girl
*Federal law enforcement
*shady drug salesman who has a good rep despite selling horribly dangerous stuff
*Bitcoin assassin

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I like how the guy defending bitcoins can only come up with that you should try and get five figures worth from probably a criminal, somehow, in Argentina then ????.

Let's be (unreasonably)generous and give a huge benefit of the doubt here to bitcoin. Let's not consider actually even getting them, transferring them, cashing them out or that they have zero intrinsic value and a high risk of being lost or stolen. Just assume this labyrinthine bullshit that is bitcoin works flawlessly somehow.

Nobody seems to be mentioning that there is a very likely chance that by the time you can cash out your bitcoins at your destination that you stand to lose a double digit percentage of your life savings just in retarded price swings because bitcoin is a currency backed by stupidity that fluctuates stupidly. Especially when you are talking about "Life Savings" amounts in the tens of thousands. The very act of selling large amounts of coins could trigger a sell off, which is hard to predict since, again, the currency is backed by stupidity.

Is some stupid rear end in a top hat libertarian watching the market, uneasy that his wife is about to find out he took out a second mortgage to cover losing 100,000 on bitcoin and sells what he has left anticipating future losses maybe causing your 20,000 to now be worth 17,000? If the probability of that affecting your life savings isn't zero then maybe it's not a loving good currency or storage / transfer method of wealth.

No the problem here is that too many people are agreeing that Bitcoins are dumb, and there needs to be a contrarian voice of reason to set everyone straight. Hey Argentina goon, take your life savings to a parking lot somewhere and hope that if you actually do get bitcoins that the price hasn't dropped 20% because the new issue of "Train Watch Digest" was delayed or something.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Please name one person that Bitcoin has worked out fine for, that isn't also one of the following

*scammer
*con artist
*ASIC/mining rig/video card manufacturer
*guy who went to Brazil to skeet on an underage girl
*Federal law enforcement
*shady drug salesman who has a good rep despite selling horribly dangerous stuff
*Bitcoin assassin

its ok if u cant think of any more in fact u probably have thought about this too much as it is

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
i found a few bitcoins on my HDD years ago and used thwem to buy a lot of drugs

it was awesome

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

nice :weed:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

whoflungpoop posted:

its ok if u cant think of any more in fact u probably have thought about this too much as it is

I devote countless amounts of energy to thinking about bitcoin and the people who utilize it, as evidenced by my numerous daily posts about bitcoin in this, the "make fun of bitcoin" thread

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
is cosbycoin still around or were they forced to shutter that out of common decency

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

A Stupid Baby posted:

is cosbycoin still around or were they forced to shutter that out of common decency

Someone cashed them all out in exchange for rape

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

A Stupid Baby posted:

:laffo:

you're talking about people who truly believe in things more insane than bitcoin

if things get shuttered then not out of common decency

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Pochoclo posted:

Also, contado con liqui is better than your option because it doesn't involve mailing anything. I just need a bank account in London really, after that it's smooth sailing. I just need to survive on 10k USD enough to sign up for one and have enough left to come back here.

Make very sure you can in fact open that UK bank account without hassle. I'm in the UK and opening an account here when you're from another country is like trying to join the Bureaucratic Illuminati.

divabot fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 4, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

blowfish posted:

:laffo:

you're talking about people who truly believe in things more insane than bitcoin

if things get shuttered then not out of common decency

i don't know, i know some libertarians and they aren't ALL sociopaths, prescription drug addicts, and gun nuts

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

A Stupid Baby posted:

i don't know, i know some libertarians and they aren't ALL sociopaths, prescription drug addicts, and gun nuts

Do the less nutty libertarians still believe not only in butt coins but also in doge and lite and cosby and ponzi coins?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Yeah, some of them are just too young and uninformed about history to know better

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

MAGIC: THE GATHERING: ONLINE EXCHANGE

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

vxskud posted:

I'm curious

Does anybody involved in running bitcoin actually have any sort of background in economics or even accounting?

Because to me it really seems like some sort of cargo cult economy.

It's like a physicist and an engineer trying to fly a plane with absolutely no piloting experience.

It is like a physicist and an engineer trying to fly a plane with absolutely no ploting experience. The physicist has aspergers and the engineer is a pathological liar with a fake degree and a history of running confidence scams. Neither of them is focusing on trying to fly the plane, because of the physicist's out of his skull on Chinese research chemicals and the engineer is constantly thinking about how to best fund his crippling gambling addiction. Both of them are aguing with each other about where they should fly the plane to: the engineer is looking for somewhere with legalised slavery and no drug/firearms control, whereas the physicist is insisting on prioritising child sex tourism hotspots. The argument has just got physical and both pilots are now stabbing each other with homemade shivs, they will likely bleed out within the hour. But none of this matters, because the plane is poorly engineered and can only fly at 30mph.

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009

This isn't getting enough love: This is the guy behind Moola, the guy who had his name changed to hide the shady poo poo under his old name and took dogecoin from a joke into something people took far too seriously. The forums discovered this guy when he started offering straight profit sharing shares with zero regard for any laws around that, and the resounding consensus was that he'd claim they got hacked and run with the money.

Which is exactly what happened, plus 8 counts of rape.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
How the gently caress can you even be responsible for "dogecoin scams"?

That's almost like saying "this guy was responsible for massive monopoly money tax fraud". How do you take something like dogecoin seriously enough to even get scammed?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bitcoin is hilarious

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
All this bitcoin talk is reminding me of one of the greatest posters on bitcoin talk: Dank.

Dank was a perpetual burnout who had a dream.

quote:

By the end of this year, 2012, I believe I will be a highly known guitarist/musician. This time frame may seem unrealistically short, for I have only started playing electric guitar towards the end of August, but recent realizations have led me to believe this is possible. Humans have been evolving exponentially for some time now, with advances in technology and communication lessening the time needed for the same amount of change to occur. Logically, following this pattern, there will come a time when more change happens in an hour than has happened in the last millennium. Through meditation, connecting to a higher consciousness within, and communicating these ideas, I've had the epiphany that 2012 is a real event. It's not the end of the world and it's nothing to fear, the changes occurring through 2012 are completely spiritual. Humans are waking up from the illusion of our man-made society, our awareness is increasing and we are once again discovering the true spiritual nature of our universe and self. This burst of love gleaming through the world will manifest globally, this year, and with the increased self awareness and worldly consciousness (through communication/technology), it will stay among us. The truth can be found within one's self, and when the truth is found, it spreads like wildfire. More and more individuals are realizing, the only thing needed to be truly happy, is to act out of love. By the end of this year, we will reach a critical point where love is rampantly understood and sought upon, where more humans become in tune with our consciousness and leave behind their egos, along with the negativity associated with ego, such as greed, disease, war, power and fear. This power of love is what will give me the ability to effectively play guitar, from the soul, this year.

His sound cloud is still up and running btw.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hahaha

love you guys

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol buying goatfather some red text seems a bit much

imo the forums should make it more convenient to buy custom titles because it is just too much hassle to type in a 16 digit number from a card that i have in my wallet all the time. if only there was a way i could go to a different site (preferably one that is under investigation for money laundering), buy some dunning-krugerrands and then send them to a different site which will then send lowtax some dollars

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Awww i miss the goaty avatar, you should have left that in there.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Tricky D posted:

All this bitcoin talk is reminding me of one of the greatest posters on bitcoin talk: Dank.

Dank was a perpetual burnout who had a dream.

His sound cloud is still up and running btw.

Was that the one who wanted a bunch of money so he could trip balls and claim the Randi Prize?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

Awww i miss the goaty avatar, you should have left that in there.

it was really bad actually

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

AEMINAL posted:

i found a few bitcoins on my HDD years ago and used thwem to buy a lot of drugs

it was awesome

I got this laptop out of a storage unit my aunt bought at auction. As I was booting it up, I thought * It'd be loving hilarious if this thing had bitcoins on it"

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

lol at the concept of some fervently saltmad nerd itt stopping midway through his scathing condemnation of idiots who buy worthless bytes to buy a SA cert

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

No the problem here is that too many people are agreeing that Bitcoins are dumb, and there needs to be a contrarian voice of reason to set everyone straight. Hey Argentina goon, take your life savings to a parking lot somewhere and hope that if you actually do get bitcoins that the price hasn't dropped 20% because the new issue of "Train Watch Digest" was delayed or something.

:boom:

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

The Goatfather posted:

we're all criminals for plotting to smuggle $20k out of argentina illegally

bitcoin is a crime backed currency this shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

yeah there's 'criminals' and there's criminals,

the guy selling $20k worth of in Argentina is probably the latter, as is the dude who you will later attempt to sell $20k worth of BTC to. Like as in probably drug dealers or tied to organized crime at least and at worst will just stab you and take your $20k.

whoflungpoop posted:

look all I'm saying is there are tons of safer and more secure ways to smuggle money out of the country and anyone seriously suggesting Bitcoin as an option is lol.

FishionMailed fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 4, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Options presented in this thread in order of smartest to dumbest:

1. Hire a lawyer to help you get the money out all legal like.
2. Move the money out legally 10K at a time by ferry.
3. Move the money out legally 10K at a time by plane.
4. Smuggle the money out.
5. LOL BITCOINS

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
I still think cashier's checks FedEx'd to the UK is the way to go.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

not all autists like trains, remember how rain man liked to count cards and shoelaces and flaws in poo poo he never used

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you guys are still arguing with me and I havent even posted since yesterday

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Sestze posted:

Bitcoin is a fantastic means for deflating wealth, squandering resources and stealing money from retards.

This is the opening line for the new Bitcoin Police TV show.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Goatfather posted:

you guys are still mocking me so I havent even posted since yesterday

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Goatfather posted:

it was really bad actually

It was actually really good, because you were able to use it to send Lowtax 5 bux all the way from where you bought it to whatever third world country he lives in, and it's secure.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i think you guys are actually a lot more committed to this bitcoin thing than i am

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

whoflungpoop posted:

lol at the concept of some fervently saltmad nerd itt stopping midway through his scathing condemnation of idiots who buy worthless bytes to buy a SA cert

you called people creepy for laughing at the many hilarious situations created by bitcoin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

like when you hear about how the founder of Silk Road kept a diary of all of his crimes on his laptop, or the guy who gave himself heat stroke with bitcoin mining, or all of the bitcoin exchanges that just sort of vanish overnight with nothing but a message like "lol sorry we're closed thanks for all the free coins" how can you not just laugh? It's this community that describes itself as tight-knit on reddit but everyone in it is constantly trying to gently caress everyone else.

I loving love bitcoin, I don't think any single thing has provided this much humor for so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Goatfather posted:

i think you guys are actually a lot more committed to this bitcoin thing than i am

Committed to mocking it maybe

• Locked thread