Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

the Trump Campaign theme really works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
PPP's national poll is officially released:

quote:

25 Trump
21 Cruz
21 Rubio
11 Carson
5 Paul
5 Kasich
5 Bush
3 Christie

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_20416.pdf

Tight!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

538 has a new ARG NH poll up, but their link is broken. Maybe it's not public yet.

That looks like a good number for Kasich at first glace. Then I looked at how much how he has dropped in a few weeks in that poll. Whoops

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Please give us a brokered convention. Please.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Surprised Trump's numbers in NH haven't dropped more.

Weird that Jeb is running ads against Trump instead of Rubio. Even if they are split he should be going 100% after Rubio. Might as well endorse Rubio imo.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I think it is only among political junkies and the media that Trump is being portrayed as a loser, or that he's cooked. He has a loyal base of supporters that aren't going to jump ship as easily, especially not in a primary.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
He's like Ron Paul, only with more support.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
The debate is going to be a lot of fun. Bush, Kasich, and especially Christie have been hammering away at Rubio yesterday and today.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

PPP's national poll is officially released:

Tight!

Where would Paul's 5% go?

poor jeb! lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

I think it is only among political junkies and the media that Trump is being portrayed as a loser, or that he's cooked. He has a loyal base of supporters that aren't going to jump ship as easily, especially not in a primary.

A loyal base of supporters that don't vote and increasingly support other candidates in polls

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Xenophon posted:

The debate is going to be a lot of fun. Bush, Kasich, and especially Christie have been hammering away at Rubio yesterday and today.

Stumping Rubio should be so easy that I think I could do it with zero debate prep

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Scott Forstall posted:

poor jeb! lol
Mostly Cruz.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Xenophon posted:

I wonder if that stuff about his debt and potential misuse of funds has any chance of sticking. Or is it not really a big deal? Seems like I haven't heard anything about it in months.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If it were just those three debating, I am pretty sure everyone would just hit cruz over and over again.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Scott Forstall posted:

According to PPP, nationally:

16% Christie
15% Bush
11% Rubio
6% Fiorina
5% Carson
4% Cruz

44% Undecided

Peachstapler posted:

Mostly Cruz.

Are you basing that on another poll?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

KaptainKrunk posted:

Hm, a candidate whose support depends on bottomless media coverage being portrayed as increasingly irrelevant in the media? I wonder if that could be a problem?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Are you basing that on another poll?
I'm basing that on the last six months of reading how Ted Cruz has been quietly romancing Paul supporters with whispers of his "strong libertarian values." Paul blames Cruz for siphoning off much of his support he expected to have this election.

Here's a good one: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ted-cruz-libertarian-218687

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

No way Rubio makes up a 20-point gap in five days, over a weekend.

At least in NH, the winnowing doesn't seem to be enough to catch Trump. Anyone have a fresh SC poll?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

^ e;f;b

We need a new SC poll. I wonder how well Trump's holding up there.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The New Black posted:

I wonder if that stuff about his debt and potential misuse of funds has any chance of sticking. Or is it not really a big deal? Seems like I haven't heard anything about it in months.

Debt and misuse of funds, clearly something a true republican would never do!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Christie turns on the heat:

quote:

“I will tell you one thing Marco Rubio has done,” Christie said Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “He’s made it very clear that on the issue of pro-life, that Marco Rubio is not for an exception for race, rape, incest or life of the mother. Now, you know, I think that’s the kind of position that New Hampshire voters would be really concerned about.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/chris-christie-marco-rubio-218726

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

mdemone posted:

No way Rubio makes up a 20-point gap in five days, over a weekend.

At least in NH, the winnowing doesn't seem to be enough to catch Trump. Anyone have a fresh SC poll?

If Trump actually wins NH then I think he'll win SC.

Nevada I think will go Rubio, and Super Tuesday is going to be a gong show if that holds.

But I'll be real, after Iowa I have no idea if Trump can hold on.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

^ e;f;b

We need a new SC poll. I wonder how well Trump's holding up there.

No fresh polls from SC.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...ruz,Rubio,Trump

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Exception for race? Wtf

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What the gently caress does that mean

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

blue squares posted:

What the gently caress does that mean

I'm only speculating, but maybe something like "if the baby is black in the womb, you can abort it"

God bless the Republican Party and their white daughters getting knocked up

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

blue squares posted:

Exception for race? Wtf

:stonk:

:stonk:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

blue squares posted:

Exception for race? Wtf

Lmfao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

blue squares posted:

Exception for race? Wtf

Marco Rubio supports rich white mothers who don't want their social status to be lowered by having a racially mixed baby.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The fat man also has a fat tongue and tripped over himself attacking Rubio.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Logikv9 posted:

The fat man also has a fat tongue and tripped over himself attacking Rubio.

That's what happens when you don't read your insults from a teleprompter like Rubio.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Xenophon posted:

Rubio's built his entire career on getting pounded by old white men though.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Watching Chris Christie act like such a tryhard to be the Big, Tough Guy is cringeworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVbhWty_X8

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Rubio is going to be unstoppable, even if all of the remaining candidates team up to destroy him. He will continue to refuse to acknowledge any attack and immediately launch into regurgitating his stump speech.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Oil! posted:

That's what happens when you don't read your insults from a teleprompter like Rubio.

No Rubio is told two weeks in advance of the insults he's going to receive, so it's a failure of not rehearsing in the mirror enough.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
would chris christie punching marco rubio in the face on live tv increase or decrease his odds at becoming president

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pon de Bundy posted:

would chris christie punching marco rubio in the face on live tv increase or decrease his odds at becoming president

doesn't matter because he'll have a heart attack from the exertion

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

EugeneJ posted:

I'm only speculating, but maybe something like "if the baby is black in the womb, you can abort it"

God bless the Republican Party and their white daughters getting knocked up

I know a lot of conservatives think that, but I thought it was one of things they don't say out loud.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Mitt Romney posted:

Surprised Trump's numbers in NH haven't dropped more.

It's almost like he's unstumpable or something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I mean, I'm not even sure Trump has a 20 point lead in NH. It's one thing to say "Rubio can't make up that much ground" but who knows if the polls are actually, y'know, right.

As long as he finishes on top of the Governors they're going to GTFO (except Jeb!)

• Locked thread