Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aphrodite posted:

That's actually word filters and "fixed that for you FTFY" posts.

FTFY.

Puns are fantastic.

As is New Girl season 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I loved the first season and thought the second season completely blew it away. (Of Manhattan that is, since we're on another page now)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Manhattan season two is significantly, significantly better than season one

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is there a cliffhanger

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

X-O posted:

I loved the first season and thought the second season completely blew it away. (Of Manhattan that is, since we're on another page now)
Same. The first season was good but the second season was incredible. Really sad it got cancelled but it was hard to see a slow, brooding character-focused drama doing well on WGN for more than 2 seasons. At least it ended on a super depressing note I guess? :(

Hopefully it ticks enough niche check boxes that Netflix or Amazon pick it up.

Mu Zeta posted:

Is there a cliffhanger
Kind of yeah. It's a show all about the characters and a couple are basically completely over their heads at the end of season 2. The very last shot of the show is at least appropriately dour and powerful, but some big threads were being set up during the season that were just getting more interesting.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mu Zeta posted:

Is there a cliffhanger

no

i mean, technically speaking it doesn't answer everything

but on a thematic level yes, the story is 100% complete

if anything i was nervous about a season 3 because sam shaw described it in a way that could've totally ruined the very premise of the show and the final shot of season 2 was so loving good that any continuation could've ruined it

VDay posted:

Kind of yeah. It's a show all about the characters and a couple are basically completely over their heads at the end of season 2. The very last shot of the show is at least appropriately dour and powerful, but some big threads were being set up during the season that were just getting more interesting.

I don't really agree with this, the word "cliffhanger" implies that the end of season 2 has a big unanswered question that the cancellation fails to resolve. on a narrative, themic, and symbolic level that's not true. sure for some characters their arcs aren't necessarily "complete" in the sense that there was hints of a larger story continuation that could've happened, but by the end of season 2 they hit a natural pause point. the characters are full as currently standing, the only thing unfulfilled was their potential

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 4, 2016

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's why I said 'kind of'. Yeah it's not a "holy poo poo I can't believe he's about to ____" cliffhanger, but the situation with Frank, Jim, and Fritz at the very end is hardly a natural conclusion/pause, well except for Fritz :(. I'm personally pretty satisfied with the show but I can see someone getting to that point and then being disappointed that they're not going to see what happens next, which is I think what Mu Zeta was asking about/leaning towards.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wayfinder posted:

You're objectively wrong, puns are great.

And their popularity is really exploding

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Puns are memes, before the internet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Matt LeBlanc is one of the new presenters of Top Gear.

That's genius. He will be perfect.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The UK one, presumably? Is the US one even still going? That's definitely a big hire, 'go big or go home' I guess. Be interesting to see what he's like as a presenter but it works for me on paper.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Toxxupation posted:

Manhattan season two is significantly, significantly better than season one

Also the only known case of one of the Streep daughters looking hot. I think it was the period hair, and maybe her murdering ways, that did it for me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

well now we know that at least 1 of the hosts can drive

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

EL BROMANCE posted:

The UK one, presumably? Is the US one even still going? That's definitely a big hire, 'go big or go home' I guess. Be interesting to see what he's like as a presenter but it works for me on paper.

Yeah the UK one. I kept seeing commercials about him presenting a best-of episode or something, wonder if that was like a quick test run to see how people would react. Pretty good choice but it's still going to be weird that there's a Top Gear without the Top Gear guys because they're just making their own.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bruceski posted:

It raises mine if they let him be funny.

Not that I dislike Craig Charles, I just like Dara's comedy.

Sure, I like Dara fine, but muh nostalgia.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Haha, so Galavant is awesome. Inconsistent, but awesome. For those like me who were ignorant, it's a 22 minute a week musical comedy about a douchebag knight, his squire and some princesses and evil kings and poo poo. Bonus Vinnie Jones as dick king's eyerolling bodyguard.

Just watched an episode featuring a bunch of idiot pirates who beached their ship and are now trying to pirate on land.

It's no Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but it scratches a similar itch. If you can handle cheesy medieval and the occasional sarcastic song about lepers, cuckoldry or ye olde Xanax, check it out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, I like Dara fine, but muh nostalgia.

Maybe he's too busy filming a new series of CYBERZONE! :D

(If only...)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't know. The US one was fine once it found its own voice.

But Top Gear will never be Top Gear without the borderline racist antics of Clarkson, May, and Hamster.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They still have their own show, and maybe Amazon will let them drop racist slurs without censorship. Everyone wins (including me, because I don't have Amazon and don't intend to get it).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I know, it's just taking so long for any information to come out about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MrBuddyLee posted:

Haha, so Galavant is awesome. Inconsistent, but awesome. For those like me who were ignorant, it's a 22 minute a week musical comedy about a douchebag knight, his squire and some princesses and evil kings and poo poo. Bonus Vinnie Jones as dick king's eyerolling bodyguard.

Just watched an episode featuring a bunch of idiot pirates who beached their ship and are now trying to pirate on land.

It's no Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but it scratches a similar itch. If you can handle cheesy medieval and the occasional sarcastic song about lepers, cuckoldry or ye olde Xanax, check it out.

It.

Gets.

Better.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I remember seeing the first previews for Galavant and thinking I was gonna hate it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Toxxupation posted:

Galavant season two is significantly, significantly better than season one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Shame on anyone who enjoys Clarkson's Top Gear in any form

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Oh word?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

I'll just go kill myself I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

gently caress the mexicans rite

Actually gently caress Richard Hammond

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

IRQ posted:

maybe amazon employs a gypsy or an american or a black person or a hispanic person or an indian person or a woman and clarkson found out about it

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

corn in the bible posted:

maybe amazon employs a gypsy or an american or a black person or a hispanic person or an indian person or a woman and clarkson found out about it

That or the cafeteria was closed. :rip: another producer.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i didn't realize that you yankees let black people talk to the talent, i'm out ---- geromy

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

PriorMarcus posted:

I have no idea how Matt LeBlanc will be on Top Gear, but I love Matt LeBlanc playing Matt LeBlanc on Episodes, so I'm hopeful that this will work out.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
He's presumably going to be an (more) American version of Hammond so he should be good. He's legitimately into cars and all sorts of racing so he's got that going for him as well.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VDay posted:

He's presumably going to be an (more) American version of Hammond so he should be good. He's legitimately into cars and all sorts of racing so he's got that going for him as well.

Why not get Jay Leno while we're at it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

Why not get Jay Leno while we're at it?

He'd actually probably be a great pick. If you saw his Cars and Comedians he's actually really funny when he's not reading cue cards, and I dunno if there's anyone more passionate or knowledgeable about cars.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

IRQ posted:

They started shooting for it before Christmas.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
drat interesting cast Hawley is putting together for Legion. FX and Hawley doing a comic book show sounds spectacular, but I don't know how involved he would be with Fargo season 3 to write and prep.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/legion-dan-stevens-cast-aubrey-plaza-x-men-series-fx/

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

drat interesting cast Hawley is putting together for Legion. FX and Hawley doing a comic book show sounds spectacular, but I don't know how involved he would be with Fargo season 3 to write and prep.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/legion-dan-stevens-cast-aubrey-plaza-x-men-series-fx/

Fargo Season 3 isn't due until Spring 2017; this is probably why.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DivisionPost posted:

Fargo Season 3 isn't due until Spring 2017; this is probably why.

I know, but I haven't seen any reports that detail how involved he is. They basically all just state that he is writing the pilot.

Colony has been renewed. Great news, I've enjoyed the start of it tremendously.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/colony-renewed-season-2-usa-network/

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Manhattan got cancelled. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Colony has been renewed. Great news, I've enjoyed the start of it tremendously.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/colony-renewed-season-2-usa-network/

Sweet, so they are doing the same thing Syfy did with The Expanse and doing an early renewal combined with a slightly larger episode order. Good news.

The Expanse ended pretty strongly, on that note. Disc set already announced for an April 5th sale date.

• Locked thread