Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

Ok sweet just making sure I'm not downsing it up. So when I'm doing that first clear should I be doing the dance to ensure I keep my passive at 3? Also do I just swap to turtle then back to phoenix immediately or is that a waste of mana/life steal time?
Depends on the side your on. Again, red side (blue start) means you can just spam R forever (W to soak if you want) to clear, stacking your passive if you want. Blue side you need to be more conservative with your mana on the first clear. You definitely don't need 3 stacks to clear a camp (especially after getting a combine jungle item or both pieces) so I usually just stick to activating Phoenix twice.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, as nice as the movement speed feels, a unleveled 60 HP shield isn't even going to block a casters auto attack and without a strong shield your not going to last long in a real fight as Udyr, all that movement speed isn't worth much in a multi-person fight and the other guy stands and fights you., just taking the shield to rank 2 improves it's strength by 66%

Saying something like "BUT A 66% INCREASE IN STRENGTH!" means gently caress all when the flat number is 40 extra damage soaked per rank. You're better off having the speed to initiate a clean fight and/or rotate on an objective that much faster, which will mitigate the need for any shielding. Furthermore, if you're putzing around in team-fights late game with Turtle Stance up instead of slapping everyone with Bear Stance stuns on your way to sitting on the enemy carry's face then you're doing it wrong. Don't get me wrong, Turtle Stance has it's uses - it's great for mitigating some damage on Dragon/Herald/Barond - but a 220 HP shield is not nearly as substantial as you'd think when you're the only person you can put it on.

Or, in short order: :gitgud:

E: Haven't free rotation champs always been available in ranked? I thought the champion number requirement was just there as a safeguard to prevent someone from winding up last pick and having all the freebies picked/banned and with them unable to select something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Free rotation champs were available in ranked 5s, I think to make pick trading easier, but not regular solo queue

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

K8.0 posted:

To spice it up even more - gently caress building a jungle item on Udyr.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Depends on the side your on. Again, red side (blue start) means you can just spam R forever (W to soak if you want) to clear, stacking your passive if you want. Blue side you need to be more conservative with your mana on the first clear. You definitely don't need 3 stacks to clear a camp (especially after getting a combine jungle item or both pieces) so I usually just stick to activating Phoenix twice.

All righty. When you say Phoenix twice you mean R->Hit till pulses stop->R->Camp Dies move on right?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

All righty. When you say Phoenix twice you mean R->Hit till pulses stop->R->Camp Dies move on right?

R, hit 3 times, R. Pulses may or may not be done.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

3 times ok. Thanks Mikujin

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Shouldn't you hit 4 times since the first one after casting already procs the aoe?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Taitale posted:

Shouldn't you hit 4 times since the first one after casting already procs the aoe?

You know what I meant.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ok mikujin I figured out the 'dyr

devourer and run fast

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Vladimir was not a good opponent to try new Poppy for the first time against. :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Shortest Path posted:

Vladimir was not a good opponent to try new Poppy for the first time against. :(

Vladimir is just a bag of poo poo in lane in general. I hate dealing with that loving champion.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dude has such a weak early game, play literally any champion that's strong then

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
when is riot going to fix the see more stats button so i can watch my bard win rate approach 0% in real time

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Maybe when real soloqueue comes out

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.

Gibberish posted:

JP server trip report: Super un-toxic, 10 ping, stole the most famous streamer's IGN, everyone is super polite and they never all chat

goodbye forever NA, rot in pizza

Hey my brother is leaving for a 6 month internship in Hong Kong, and he'd like to play on the JP server during that time. Are there any access restrictions like in Korea where you need a social security number to play ?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I find Corki too strong and I hope he get nerfed soon. :)

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I find Corki too strong and I hope he get nerfed soon. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22WlWnSrwLY

You really should play the freelo train, considering I melted bard in 2 seconds here with only sheen + phage.
Better yet, pick him when the other team picks out jhin and kill jhin 10 times in lane, but yes he's got nerfs up in PBE. He's a lot of fun though and he hits like a brick house for almost true damage autos to most adcs.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 4, 2016

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
The true Godyr strat is to level r and q equally, then throw in bear when it's time to gank. Throw a turtle in when it's time to dragon.

Bear around the jungle, then tiger right before you get to the camp. The global should be up by the time you hit the first creep then hit Phoenix and blow through the jungle.

Devourer into dmp or whatever. I'm bronze lord and that's how I play the judo hobo.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No...

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I don't play LoL much at all any more but sometimes I look at streams to reminisce and relax and I'm puzzled by something -
Why is Trundle played as a support now? The ult is nice but that seems like 5 levels of exerting no pressure besides the occasional pillar.

I haven't played since mid S5.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

bewilderment posted:

I don't play LoL much at all any more but sometimes I look at streams to reminisce and relax and I'm puzzled by something -
Why is Trundle played as a support now? The ult is nice but that seems like 5 levels of exerting no pressure besides the occasional pillar.

Pillar is really really loving good at both engage and disengage.

Trundle can also just Chomp the enemy ADC in a trade and he's almost guaranteed to win thanks to the AD steal (if their support isn't some massive bully like Sona or whatever).

He also has significant natural regen thanks to his passive.

It's mostly the utility of the pillar though.

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Noosphere posted:

Hey my brother is leaving for a 6 month internship in Hong Kong, and he'd like to play on the JP server during that time. Are there any access restrictions like in Korea where you need a social security number to play ?

Nope, download the client, swap regions and go. i'm liking the 25ms ping vs the 200ms ping i get on the NA server. Dont speak the language so cant tell if i'm getting raged at or not, which is a plus. Also, no dynamic queue on that server yet, just regular blind pick.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Chuckle posted:

Nope, download the client, swap regions and go. i'm liking the 25ms ping vs the 200ms ping i get on the NA server. Dont speak the language so cant tell if i'm getting raged at or not, which is a plus. Also, no dynamic queue on that server yet, just regular blind pick.

It's beta right now so you need a beta key to play and no one knows how transfers are going to work yet. Also the ping from HK to JP might not be as good as the Taiwan server.

Right now from Japan I get 80 ping to Korea, so Hong Kong would probably be 100-150 ping or more

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

ok mikujin I figured out the 'dyr

devourer and run fast

his new hotness is runic ehcos tho???

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
Thanks for the answers guys. At least this way he's not going in blind.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

bewilderment posted:

I play a lot of support troll. The pillar is just the most obvious good part of his kit. The real best thing about him among supports is faster than Janna speed with fast attack speed and an auto reset means he has the fastest ward clearing and placing among supports. Safe too, because of speed field and slow field. I think those two things are the only reason he was played in competitive.

Outside of that he's easy to play, and a flex pick. You don't have a combo or a timing ult, and aren't made of paper. Just don't pick him against champs that can ignore him in lane and kill the carry or easily peel and cc chain him so you are actually at risk of death when you try to tank during the normal losing trades: Leona, Blitz, Nautilus, Nami, Brand. Not unless your carry is really really good at dodging poo poo and can farm until you can roam where the the counterpick supports aren't.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
the Japanese servers being up means you can also install the Japanese voices on the regular client. now i can live the anime dream.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

seizure later posted:

the Japanese servers being up means you can also install the Japanese voices on the regular client. now i can live the anime dream.

I was playing with a goon who did this a couple nights ago. I really want to do it so that I can hear the inexplicably angry Draven. Also, Japanese Garen yelling "Demacia!!!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
guys here's my video guide on how to play jungle kog'maw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09G8EZl9Kng

And here's leaked 6.3 patch notes

• Slight Akali Buffs
  • Alistar Combo more consistent / Nerf to E
  • Corki's Q/R nerfs
  • Gragas Buffs
  • Lots of Graves nerfs
  • Lots of Xin Zhao buffs
  • Brutal nerfs on Dead Man's Plate (You know, to make sure people buy "other" items)
  • All Three Zeal items rebalanced
  • Swiftness/Lucid/Mobility boots price increased
  • Buffs to Dragon's stacks

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 4, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
those ryze nerfs are pretty bad for his lategame imo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

What's the best Yi build right now? Devourer/rageblade? Is botrk still good enough?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Gragas is going to be good again

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Gragas is going to be good again

Yeah, he's already a viable competitive pick, I assume this will vault him up to the top of the jungle tier list.

um and Jax is getting a buff? Ok.

Hmmm, also minor Zed nerfs. I don't think it's too bad though.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 4, 2016

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

um and Jax is getting a buff? Ok.

It's 4% attack speed late game, but actually slows his ramp up so he can't just press Q and get to full pace right away. Probably sets him even end of the day

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoy how the leaked patch notes are 90% unfinished but they made sure to prioritize Shen puns.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

It's 4% attack speed late game, but actually slows his ramp up so he can't just press Q and get to full pace right away. Probably sets him even end of the day

I like that, his identity as a late game hyper-carry melee is one of the few things that actually distinguishes him in any way.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ImpAtom posted:

I enjoy how the leaked patch notes are 90% unfinished but they made sure to prioritize Shen puns.

I'm glad Riot isn't appreshensive when it comes puns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm glad Riot isn't appreshensive when it comes puns.

It's true. They never slow down, they're always in moshen.

bike appreciator
Mar 19, 2011

Thank you mikujin I used your udyr guide and won the games. I think I understand...gotta go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Just remove alistars e and rework it

• Locked thread