Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Charles Get-Out posted:

Post more multi-colored cats please. I only know solid color cats in real life.
It's difficult for cats to be too multicoloured since genes defining their paintjob are linked to gender-defining chromosomes. The most colourful specimens are either females or very confused and unhappy males.

For the new page: What's the Stimpire's take on cats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fatkraken posted:

oh totally, you get some great huskies (and yeah apparently Mals are WAY more chill), but as a breed they're not recommended for 99% of people.

Yeah, I live in the great frozen midwest and lived in areas with big-rear end backyards, I could imagine a husky being illtempered if its hot all the time or you just give it a small amount of kennel space.

Still, it's weird to hear about huskys being agressive, as mine would literally jump on your lap like he was a 90 pound housecat or something. Very friendly dog.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Nation posted:

If fuzzy was a troll he was a. bad and b. so bad he managed to troll his own project

tbh getting everyone to think he's terrible and then sharing something that meant a lot to him that was highly susceptible to criticism was a p. good plan.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've got a tuxedo cat

I'm also in Vegas eating breakfast

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Booblord Zagats posted:

You said this a week ago

it is a joke.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Deki posted:

Yeah, I live in the great frozen midwest and lived in areas with big-rear end backyards, I could imagine a husky being illtempered if its hot all the time or you just give it a small amount of kennel space.

Still, it's weird to hear about huskys being agressive, as mine would literally jump on your lap like he was a 90 pound housecat or something. Very friendly dog.

I didn't say aggressive, just sorta not that affectionate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it is a joke.

Goddamit, I thought it was for a moment but for some reason I am way too literal with D_Smart posts

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I've got a tuxedo cat

I'm also in Vegas eating breakfast

Hello from Las Vegas!

Wait I think I hosed that up.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beet Wagon posted:

Aussie party!

His name's Kayak

Set fluffiness for maximum! Increase spotification 20% - No, make that 30%!!

Mini Aussie puppy.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Goddamit, I thought it was for a moment but for some reason I am way too literal with D_Smart posts

There is always more and it was covered in a blog post last summer.

Nov 3, 2015

Fatkraken posted:

NO

(I have it on good authority that Huskies are wonderful animals but terrible pets for the most part, high energy, easily bored, destructive and often aloof and un dog-like in their personalities. Great for a sled team, not so good in a suburban home)

You are correct, they are horrible, and I love them. I call them the sociopath of the dog world, they don't care about you, other dogs or animals, they only care about the fun they can have at others expense. That image is of Truger, and his idea of fun is to paw at another dog (nothing "aggressive", just consistent pressure) until it snaps and attacks him (i am really not kidding with this), then he does it again and again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:psyduck: who the gently caress broke reddit

Nov 3, 2015

smellmycheese posted:

This is absolutely correct. There's a real problem with them at the moment as lots of dickheads are watching Game of Thrones and then buying a Husky, then discovering they do not make good pets. I was working with some in Lapland before Xmas and they are incredible creatures - absolutely immense dogs, but definitely not pets.

Sadly this is very true (I disagree on them being pets, its just different then what most people want or expect), Arctic dogs take a lot of work a strong hand and require constant activities to keep from being bored. They can make for fine pets for some people, but every humane society I have talked to have said they are the most returned breed of dog.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It is a great thread, shame I can only make one post every ~10 minutes

Nov 3, 2015

Deki posted:

I have never known a husky to be aggressive, most of them would happily go home with any stranger that would give them a treat. Husky's actually do ok in the heat (if its dry), their fur is a nice insulator from both heat and cold.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

You know maybe these backers who want to live vicariously in a video game as a farmer, chemist or janitor or whatever should really just play Space Station 13. You can even poo poo in the hallways and hide in boxes, just like the backers want!

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 4, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

It is a great thread, shame I can only make one post every ~10 minutes

By remaining scrupulously - almost comically - reasonable and staying away from drama, I've actually been able to retain positive karma

is reverse trolling a thing

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

1500 posted:

Mini Aussie puppy.

Are Aussies chill dogs that like to chill or are they high energy dogs?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Phi230 posted:

You know maybe these backers who want to live vicariously in a video game as a farmer, chemist or janitor or whatever should really just play Space Station 13.

they don't want to play games

Nov 3, 2015

neonbregna posted:

Very high energy, they are working dogs and so they are built with the expectation that they will work all day.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
dogs are the best unexpected birthday present

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Duckaerobics posted:

Do you have any insight on what makes German's so especially crazy about SC? It seems like the biggest nutjob (Karl et al) supporters are all German.

To be fair, while Germany has Citizens like Karl and Dowlphin, the US has wesha the Wulge. Then there's the Stimperor, who is from Serbia.

Natron posted:

This is especially stupid when you consider that the game takes place in the distant future. I feel like in the future you could just set the cockpit right at the center of the ship and have camera arrays all over it that a pilot could switch between while using some kind of helmet. Basically like an occulus rift (which we'll have at the end of May or something) with a 360 degree camera on the outside. The pilot and crew would be protected better, and they'd have perfect sight all around the ship. What's the point of having glass on the ship at all?

It's just a lack of imagination, really.

A lack of imagination and a lack of research.

Mirificus posted:

In the 30th century, technology like this no longer exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1NrFZddihQ&t=285s

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

1500 posted:

Mini Aussie puppy.

Oh my god thats adorable!

They are so cute when they are puppies!

Oh, also, is Star Citizen out yet?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

By remaining scrupulously - almost comically - reasonable and staying away from drama, I've actually been able to retain positive karma

is reverse trolling a thing

everything I've been posting in that thread is being upvoted, it's insane. It's starting to feel like I'm just trolling lethality and that Zecumbe guy and everyone else is just kind of nodding their heads. Crazy how one bad 10ftc ended up changing an entire subreddit (although obviously there are bigger issues at play here).

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

neonbregna posted:

Both, kind of. They have a ton of energy and are wicked smart. They really like to have a job to do and love to play. But they are also super snuggly at times. I try to explain it like they only have two settings: 110% GO and 110% NAP, but you're not in charge of when the switch gets thrown.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Another CIG employee peaces out, god speed Lee Amarakoon, Snr VFX Artist.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

neonbregna posted:

Herding dog so high energy in bursts and very smart.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

A Neurotic Jew posted:

everything I've been posting in that thread is being upvoted, it's insane. It's starting to feel like I'm just trolling lethality and that Zecumbe guy and everyone else is just kind of nodding their heads. Crazy how one bad 10ftc ended up changing an entire subreddit (although obviously there are bigger issues at play here).

Star Citizen: Where the Pain Triples Every Second

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 4, 2016

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Is the game out yet?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

40-Degree Day posted:

Is the game out yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen: Where the Pain Doubles Every Second

Isn't it actually triples?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Goobs posted:

His last name backwards is Nookarama Eel which would make for a good Megaman boss.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

40-Degree Day posted:

Is the game out yet?

it's getting less out by the minute

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

His last name backwards is Nookarama Eel which would make for a good Megaman boss.

omg, lol'd.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goobs posted:

derek will be shocked to hear he's in austin

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Isn't it actually triples?

Fixed. (I failed my Stimpire AP exam.)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Every CIG thread that isn't community theorycrafting on the next opportunity to be swindled by Crobber's promises goes like this:

Backer: "When can we expect to see X in the game? Can we at least have a little bit more information about the design and how it will work?"

Other Backer: "You're probably going to be sitting around with your thumbs up your rear end for a while. You know CIG, they claim to have open development but they haven't publicized a plan (if it exists) or schedule, and they don't answer questions about how the game will work because they don't know. They used to at least offer an excuse for why things were late, but since they don't give any dates and the backers looking for accountability get banned they don't have to."

Stupid Backer: "Do you understand game development? Things change ALL THE TIME. Plans change, people change, schedules change. I trust CIG to do what's right and release feature's WHEN THEY'RE READY. This is the most open game development process in history and we have more information about the plans and processes than you would get from a AAA development team under the oppressive thumb of an evil publisher. If you think you're entitled to anything you've paid for, or if you want CIG to be accountable to the promises they've made than I SUGGEST you find another space game to not play."

Hobo Lando or Ben: "Hey guys, let's try to keep it civil. As for X, it's still in the pipeline and we have people working on it, but sometimes we have to change who's working on it and what they're doing. We'll be revamping X in the coming weeks and will keep you posted on its progress. Until we have more information to provide, I'm [closing the thread/moving it to the Concern forum]."

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

derek will be shocked to hear he's in austin

Note on the CIG Austin front door: "Would the last one out please remember to turn off the lights."

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

BeefThief posted:

Every CIG thread that isn't community theorycrafting on the next opportunity to be swindled by Crobber's promises goes like this:

Backer: "When can we expect to see X in the game? Can we at least have a little bit more information about the design and how it will work?"

Other Backer: "You're probably going to be sitting around with your thumbs up your rear end for a while. You know CIG, they claim to have open development but they haven't publicized a plan (if it exists) or schedule, and they don't answer questions about how the game will work because they don't know. They used to at least offer an excuse for why things were late, but since they don't give any dates and the backers looking for accountability get banned they don't have to."

Stupid Backer: "Do you understand game development? Things change ALL THE TIME. Plans change, people change, schedules change. I trust CIG to do what's right and release feature's WHEN THEY'RE READY. This is the most open game development process in history and we have more information about the plans and processes than you would get from a AAA development team under the oppressive thumb of an evil publisher. If you think you're entitled to anything you've paid for, or if you want CIG to be accountable to the promises they've made than I SUGGEST you find another space game to not play."

Hobo Lando or Ben: "Hey guys, let's try to keep it civil. As for X, it's still in the pipeline and we have people working on it, but sometimes we have to change who's working on it and what they're doing. We'll be revamping X in the coming weeks and will keep you posted on its progress. Until we have more information to provide, I'm [closing the thread/moving it to the Concern forum]."

CIG should just sticky this and close the rest of the forums. It's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

There must have been heaps of backers with nagging doubts who didn't want to be downshouted, but are starting to believe it's okay to voice very, very carefully worded criticism

That smokey bandit guy set the ball rolling really, him being an unassailable believer and voicing legitimate criticism (though with equal parts apologetic justifications)

No way this cat will go back in the bag now that Citizens have tasted freedom

• Locked thread