Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Gragas is one of those champs that's either garbage in solo q or 100% pick/ban in competitive, not really sure how they can break the cycle on him though. it sucks since he's a fun champ without any real BS in his kit but has to stay undertuned forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

Gragas is one of those champs that's either garbage in solo q or 100% pick/ban in competitive, not really sure how they can break the cycle on him though. it sucks since he's a fun champ without any real BS in his kit but has to stay undertuned forever

This seems true. He's such a strong jungler when his numbers aren't garbage since he has basically everything you could want - tanky, mobility, excellent engage AND disengage, etc.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Alistar E is good?? Someone in a game recently said to max E with windspeaker (he called it Windbreaker) and I thought he was just dumb

Also Shen is Fun and Good and Not Gay (in a bad way)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Alistar's E is very strong gowby it's one of the stronger sustain abilities in bot lane and it's attached to one of the tankiest/hardest engaging supports.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Deadmans plate is still going to be the defacto health/armor item everyone buys so long as it increases your movement speed, turns tanks from kitable to oh poo poo he is already on top of me and I'm dead, or just a great splitpush item for escaping ganks.

Ryze climbed himself out of the dumpster in season 6 and now riot is putting him back in and making sure they weld the lid shut this time, that is a brutal nerf considering a good ryze could get 4 spells out in 1 second.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Deadmans plate is still going to be the defacto health/armor item everyone buys so long as it increases your movement speed, turns tanks from kitable to oh poo poo he is already on top of me and I'm dead, or just a great splitpush item for escaping ganks.

Ryze climbed himself out of the dumpster in season 6 and now riot is putting him back in and making sure they weld the lid shut this time, that is a brutal nerf considering a good ryze could get 4 spells out in 1 second.
They'll have to buff him again when SKT Ryze comes out

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RealFoxy posted:

They'll have to buff him again when SKT Ryze comes out

"mini-rework"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Bring back burst mage gragas

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
EUW be trippin

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
instead of increasing the cost on the cheaper boots, maybe look as to why they were being bought ubiquitously over the more expensive options? no one likes paying 1200 gold for some boots, it doesn't feel good.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A well-balanced champion, I don't see the problem.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Why is Pantheon top so high winrate again? Did something happen? I thought he was the quintessential "stomp lane lose game" kinda champ where his kit is amazing for lane but kinda ok for later fights

Not to mention there's a bunch of other toplaners like Malphite that are popular again that don't give a poo poo about going up against him I think?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
graves is fun so it doesnt matter if hes op or not

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why is Pantheon top so high winrate again? Did something happen? I thought he was the quintessential "stomp lane lose game" kinda champ where his kit is amazing for lane but kinda ok for later fights

Not to mention there's a bunch of other toplaners like Malphite that are popular again that don't give a poo poo about going up against him I think?

If memory serves games end faster now so he has more opportunity to win before he falls off a cliff.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Stefan Prodan posted:

Games end faster and ghostblade is obscenely broken these days when every team is squishy. He oneshots people with it if he rushes it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He is an excellent bully in lane, has ranged harass that isn't some conditional bullshit, etc etc.

He's been great toplane in solo queue because he shits on most opponents early and can translate that into ganks bot or mid and objectives, and despite "falling off a cliff" a pantheon several items in will kill priority targets like adcs and mages with ease

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He has been good for afew seasons now, falling off a cliff is more like walking off a step with the itemization these days, he can still pack a punch because there aren't any early game items with no good build paths and he can absolutely melt armor with most of the new items.

He used to fall off because brutalizer didn't build into anything useful and black cleaver wasn't reworked yet and there wasn't any ADcaster items he could capitalize on like today.

Take new ghostblade for example, no longer has wasted crit and 4 longswords was basically pantheons entire early game build and now it actually builds into something useful

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 4, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Got in, queued up, everyone complaining about lag, our top J4 dc's pretty quick, 3 of their team mysteriously never shows their face again.

Push all the way to base to get this over with and see the enemy trundle smack a creep and then just disappears.

Lane partner blitz happy with the situation until post game lobby where he apparently didn't get IP

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Servaetes posted:

He is an excellent bully in lane, has ranged harass that isn't some conditional bullshit, etc etc.

He's been great toplane in solo queue because he shits on most opponents early and can translate that into ganks bot or mid and objectives, and despite "falling off a cliff" a pantheon several items in will kill priority targets like adcs and mages with ease

Hey Serv, on a scale from 1 to 10, how bullshit is pantheon gonna be when the new duskblade item drops? It seems realllllllllllllllly good on him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

He has been good for afew seasons now, falling off a cliff is more like walking off a step with the itemization these days, he can still pack a punch because there aren't any early game items with no good build paths and he can absolutely melt armor with most of the new items.

He used to fall off because brutalizer didn't build into anything useful and black cleaver wasn't reworked yet and there wasn't any ADcaster items he could capitalize on like today.

Take new ghostblade for example, no longer has wasted crit and 4 longswords was basically pantheons entire early game build and now it actually builds into something useful

Personally I rushed Hydra all the time but since it's cost is hysterically high and Tiamat itself is awful I guess I can try ghostblade. I still hate the loving active though

Transient People posted:

Hey Serv, on a scale from 1 to 10, how bullshit is pantheon gonna be when the new duskblade item drops? It seems realllllllllllllllly good on him.

Assuming I saw that it's a baby Zed ult on every x minutes it'll be one more thing that makes him exceptionally good at blowing up squishies.

I'd have to look at the stats and poo poo once I get home but I'd say it might be crowding up what he generally needs to be effective. Maybe a replacement for ghostblade?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 4, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

someone link the kerp barrel

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Quick poll, chilling or challenging smite on Nocturne?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

someone link the kerp barrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-KHY0yXgI

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
rip kerp, the man who smoked idiots with a trackball

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Stefan Prodan posted:

Chilling Smite.

Tried Runic Echoes Udyr. It's fun, but falls off much harder. You definitely need to apply more pressure early/mid. I still liked maxing Bear first since it meant I had 200-250 more movespeed than anyone I was trying to gank or chase down. It's probably slightly better versus a team full of ranged champs - who tend to be squishy but typically harder to engage upon - whereas Devourer feels like it's much better against tanky comps. Devourer also much faster at taking objectives.

Both have their ups and downs. I feel like Devourer has more consistency (e.g. late game fighting potential, objectives), whereas Runic Echoes has higher gank pressure and split-push power (e.g. tends to have more move speed earlier, build favors early Sheen item).

E: For what it's worth enemy team comp had for ranged auto-attackers (Teemo, Corki, Ez) and once towers dropped there was no where they could be except next to walls with flash skills up that left them safe. You do cruise at a movespeed closing 600 if you get Swifties (Alacrity) and max Bear before Turtle. I feel like with the AP from Runic giving you ~40 shield value you are further incentivized to level Bear over Turtle.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 4, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Mostly just ganking - Chilling

Actively walking into enemy jungle looking for duels - Challenging

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that jax change is loving stupid. that has basically no effect on him late game or early game, so it just messes up his timings slightly. maybe they think he's too good in the jungle because he's a garbage top laner

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

What was skarners winrate after the juggernaut patch? It seems like the last few broken champions had lower peak winrates but does had ridiculous ~60% rates in 3 of 5 lanes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

This but unironically. His W is stupid.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I wasn't being ironic

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On Udyr maxing E or W second, I've been finding it good to put 2 points in W since it almost doubles the shields strength, then start maxing bear because you'll be spamming it the most to get places faster.

2-3 points in W makes it formidable enough to tank some hits, but since it stays at 40/level you'll be getting less benefit with each rank.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

DolphinCop posted:

graves is fun so it doesnt matter if hes op or not

right, because some dickhead pressing two buttons in the general vicinity of an enemy instantly killing them from 600 range is "fun"

edit: also, for some goddamn loving reason you can get 100+ armor and MR on graves from quickdraw so even if you somehow managed to survive his burst he now has like +40 armor and mr from 2 quickdraws

whoever made graves and gave him up to 120 free armor and mr needs to be launched into the loving sun, who thought this was a good idea

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Graves is.... good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Ryze will have a win rate well under 40% with that passive change

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

On Udyr maxing E or W second, I've been finding it good to put 2 points in W since it almost doubles the shields strength, then start maxing bear because you'll be spamming it the most to get places faster.

2-3 points in W makes it formidable enough to tank some hits, but since it stays at 40/level you'll be getting less benefit with each rank.

I'm still quite adamant about not putting in more than one rank until Bear is done, simply because you are already building HP/Resists to go with the shield value which - while seemingly minimal - ends up being more than 60 EHP. You can tank turret shots with ease with just rank 1 W, especially if you've stared on any armor items. Doubly so for this if you're doing the echoes build.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's Jhin actually complete garbage or are people just bad at him because he's a weird character (his winrate is abysmal)

More importantly, if he's terrible is he so bad it's not even fun

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Feb 5, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i helped a jhin carry as taric recently, and while taric is by far the most insanely overpowered support in the game at the moment, the jhin still pulled off some cool plays. the snare attached to his W is ridiculously powerful under the right circumstances

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Jhin feels strong but he's pretty screwed if anyone with CC can jump on him. Snare doesn't do as much as say, a point blank Ashe arrow to the face to peel for yourself.

I had fun with him when I played him, though that might have something to do with the fact I had Morgana support and we could snare people until the end of time.

Kooriken fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Jhin feels pretty good to support as anyone who likes to go on offense at level 2-3 or can really bully a lane. I've had good success on Morg, Karma, Leona, Braum, Thresh, but more utility oriented supports don't seem to work so well with him. Nami and Janna work, but it's definitely not smooth sailing, especially since bot lane is so volatile.

• Locked thread