Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Scathach posted:

Those people who act like mental illness is trendy can gently caress right the hell off. I have a ton of mental illness in my family and I understand how awful it is. People are such assholes about it. Ugh.

loving poo poo.

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

i feel bad for ns58. that's the only post of his anyone ever remembers.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Same person, unfortunately.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

i too am a Big fan of capitalising Random words, especially when i Don't bother with the first word for Some Reason.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

EL BROMANCE posted:

i feel bad for ns58. that's the only post of his anyone ever remembers.

Wasn't he a parachute of Two Worlds? Or am i thinking of someone else?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I had no idea what a Gunerkreg Court was so I googled it. Holy poo poo, how can someone be so goddamn mad about a webcomic

"Whoops, sorry I didn't draw your favorite characters making out. I guess I deserve to be called a 'cowardly loving bitch,' a 'weak goddamn writer,' and a prick."

Chibisoma is infamous in Games for getting really loving mad at videogames. Not in the stupid Angry Nostalgia Guy way, but the "holy poo poo this guy is going to loving kill a game developer someday" way.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Everytime someone mentions Chibisoma, I remember the novel length blog post he made about Bastion only supporting Xinput controllers.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I remember tracking down his Twitter once and it was a non-stop train of him getting incredibly angry about video games and the apparently constant infestation of ants at his parents house

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Generally speaking the people that are screaming about Sharia law have no idea what it actually is and just hate it because Muslims.

Those same people also barely comprehend what a Muslim is. "Against Jeebus" and "Brown" are probably the only attributes they could reliably list.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I didn't read the article but just gander at this sentence

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

I didn't read the article but just gander at this sentence

That was actually useful to read, as I found out that the fat guy with a neckbeard tipping his fedora was motherfucking Pugsley Addams in Addams Family Reunion.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I really just know his Freaks and Geeks character.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
What is compulsory masculinity? Is that the MRA version or "enforcing gender stereotypes"?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I really just know his Freaks and Geeks character.

Poor smelly fucker.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

SpacePig posted:

What is compulsory masculinity? Is that the MRA version or "enforcing gender stereotypes"?

I think it's more along the lines of "How dare you tell me to keep up basic male hygiene!"

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

QuoProQuid posted:

Same person, unfortunately.

If that is a man posting, I find it unlikely that he finds Emma Watson unattractive and that he has straight pride.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't think I am the first to post this, but this is one of those things that comes up a lot, and is not totally stupid:

I mean, I get where this is coming from, but every time they post one of those "you can love yourself no matter what you look like" things, they always use a fairly attractive woman. Like, the point here is that even as a really pretty woman with glossy, waist-length hair, and who is either at, or below the average size for an American woman (12-14 seems to be average), she still accepts herself! To me, this is kind of like someone who is making in the high five figures talking about how they get by, even if they are one of the junior partners in the law firm.

(Okay, looking at the picture longer, more like someone making in the low six figures)

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I think it's more along the lines of "How dare you tell me to keep up basic male hygiene!"

No, no, basic hygeine is ableism. Compulsory masculinity is "How dare you tell me My Little Pony is for little girls and I shouldn't buy out the toy section for myself?" Maybe also something about sports.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

glowing-fish posted:

I don't think I am the first to post this, but this is one of those things that comes up a lot, and is not totally stupid:

or below the average size for an American woman (12-14 seems to be average), she still accepts herself!

I <3 my hosed up tiny fat.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

glowing-fish posted:

I mean, I get where this is coming from, but every time they post one of those "you can love yourself no matter what you look like" things, they always use a fairly attractive woman. Like, the point here is that even as a really pretty woman with glossy, waist-length hair, and who is either at, or below the average size for an American woman (12-14 seems to be average), she still accepts herself! To me, this is kind of like someone who is making in the high five figures talking about how they get by, even if they are one of the junior partners in the law firm.

(Okay, looking at the picture longer, more like someone making in the low six figures)

At first I read her signature as "Pixie Cakefarts" and was greatly amused.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If anything, that text/image combo goes to prove that body image issues and eating disorders are a pretty nasty mental disorder for the most part.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
I originally posted this in the AUG thread, but it's more suited here; I didn't know this thread was back honestly.

Friend of a friend on Facebook.

Bernie is Hitler! Open borders to brown people refugees makes Sweden the Rap Capital! Rich people are a scapegoat, just like the Jews were! Spoiled Millenial brats!

This guy has it all.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I always joke that Americans think Hitler, Stalin and the Nordics all stand for the same thing, but I didn't expect someone to actually believe the Hitler bit.

This man made my absurd punchline come true.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Red Hood posted:

Open borders to brown people refugees makes Sweden the Rap Capital!

I was really, really disappointed to find that this was a typo :(

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Puppy Time posted:

I was really, really disappointed to find that this was a typo :(

Surströmming,
Humming through my veins,
Allemansrätt,
Is where it's at.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

So I spotted this bit of crazy on one of those Facebook side bar news things (something about Mary Lou Lord bashing Courtney Love), and decided to look down the rabbit hole.

edit: She also claims to be Kathleen Hanna's cousin and that she was married to Joan Jett in the '90s. I'm almost jealous of her delusions.

Oh Hell No has a new favorite as of 03:24 on Feb 5, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Oh Hell No posted:

So I spotted this bit of crazy on one of those Facebook side bar news things (something about Mary Lou Lord bashing Courtney Love), and decided to look down the rabbit hole.

Is this person some sort of Cobain truther? I guess I shouldn't be surprised that's a thing but how do you let yourself get there?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
And who do you think would care enough to listen to all that? :catstare:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I never really thought about but if other famous dead musicians can have conspiracy theories about them, why not Cobain. Though to be fair there are already a few conspiracy theories about his death and how Courtney had him killed, but I like the idea that he was a secret secret service agent.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

And who do you think would care enough to listen to all that? :catstare:

Did you see the one about cat turds? There's some funny stuff in that vein of pure insanity.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

My facebook friends are generally alright. They got better after I removed this guy today. :byewhore:

How the gently caress can you believe this poo poo :psyduck:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Korgan posted:

My facebook friends are generally alright. They got better after I removed this guy today. :byewhore:

How the gently caress can you believe this poo poo :psyduck:

So fake. The way I heard it was a snooty white woman and a young black guy. Not quite urban legends, not quite jokes.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

glowing-fish posted:

Only place for a furry to yiff is HELL.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh Hell No posted:

edit: She also claims to be Kathleen Hanna's cousin and that she was married to Joan Jett in the '90s. I'm almost jealous of her delusions.

Idiots on Social Media: Psychotic Kurt Cobain stalked me for the family oil fortunes

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Madkal posted:

I never really thought about but if other famous dead musicians can have conspiracy theories about them, why not Cobain. Though to be fair there are already a few conspiracy theories about his death and how Courtney had him killed, but I like the idea that he was a secret secret service agent.

Billy Corgan and Courtney killed him man

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

During an interview Elizabeth Banks basically said that it would be fun to play James Bond. All these idiots are talking about it as if it were a real movie or something.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Elderbean posted:

During an interview Elizabeth Banks basically said that it would be fun to play James Bond. All these idiots are talking about it as if it were a real movie or something.

I care nothing for the bond franchise but would pay to watch a lady bond just so they made more for the tears it would bring.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Birb Katter posted:

I care nothing for the bond franchise but would pay to watch a lady bond just so they made more for the tears it would bring.

A black lady Bond!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Laverne Cox as bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM