Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How often are you healing with Lumi and Barriss with their long-rear end cooldowns? Even if both heal twice your odds of getting 0/1/2/3/4 assists are (assuming 18% leader bonus) are 45.2%/39.6%/13.1%/1.9%/1.0%. Overall that's about 2/3 of an assist per battle. Maybe you win the battles you do because you were getting lucky on those!

I hope Greedo bomb counts as assist-worthy, especially now that bombs are deadly and not just stylish.

edit: apparently Greedo has 25% health steal, second to Asajj's 45%? Don't mind if I do!
edit2: no, it's tied for 3rd with Phasma behind Asajj and Ahsoka (30%). I understand it for Ahsoka (gameplay-wise) and Asajj (thematically and gameplay-wise) but why Greedo and Phasma?

kaschei fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

kaschei posted:

How often are you healing with Lumi and Barriss with their long-rear end cooldowns? Even if both heal twice your odds of getting 0/1/2/3/4 assists are (assuming 18% leader bonus) are 45.2%/39.6%/13.1%/1.9%/1.0%. Overall that's about 2/3 of an assist per battle. Maybe you win the battles you do because you were getting lucky on those!

I hope Greedo bomb counts as assist-worthy, especially now that bombs are deadly and not just stylish.

edit: apparently Greedo has 25% health steal, second to Asajj's 45%? Don't mind if I do!
edit2: no, it's tied for 3rd with Phasma behind Asajj and Ahsoka (30%). I understand it for Ahsoka (gameplay-wise) and Asajj (thematically and gameplay-wise) but why Greedo and Phasma?

Phasma's Victory March counts too. Overall I'd say I average 1 extra hit a battle, sometimes 2 since my battles go on longer without lots of DPS. It doesn't sound like a lot, but 2 extra shots from Lumi or Sid or Luke do help, especially if Advantage is up, and make up for having to heal instead of attack. Whatever, just gonna have to fast-track a cookie-cutter like everyone else until the balance update comes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What does health steal even do? I've never seen it affect my characters at all

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I expected a lot more character changes but overall a nice patch. Sadly Jedi Knight Guardian will still be bad :v:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jerkface posted:

What does health steal even do? I've never seen it affect my characters at all
Right now it doesn't do anything, it's listed as a percentage so I assume it's damage healed as a percentage of damage dealt. Like JC's "Attack as Defense"

kaschei fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 4, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Okay, so I guess my Jedi plan should be:

Lumi - 7*
Barriss - 6*
Ashoka - 4*
JC - 4*
QGJ -2*
Eeth - 30/50
Mace - 27/80

I could probably get Ashoka up to 6* with Cantina coins and farming hard missions, Eeth to 6* through arena tokens and then farming JC or Mace. JC has the much bigger head start, but Mace would be infinitely more useful going forward. QGJ would be great as well but he's just too far away.

I actually want Eeth now that we can see what type of Arena team we are facing. Droids are common, so he will be a useful tool to have in my stable.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My jedi plan is currently:

Lumi 7*
JC 5*
Mace 4*
Ahsoka 3*
Eeth Koth 3*

Lumi is already done.

I want to get this fucker when the first challenge week starts, so Mace and JC are sufficient. I'm going to farm the 21 Ahsoka shards I need to get her to 4* and use my store of Arena shards to get Eeth Koth to 4*.

After that, I'm gonna stop Ahsoka grinding and switch to QGJ in earnest. No sense is continuing to slam everything into Poe if he's going to suck.

So the EVENTUAL GOAL is:

7* Lumi, JC, Mace, QGJ, and EK

edit:

Actually, Ahsoka might be a better long-term goal than JC. Barris will be grindable soonish too, hrm... I'll figure out where I stand after I hit the 4*'s.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 4, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Poe is still going to be good. I was okay with the changes. He's definitely weaker, but he's still a top tier character IMO. I guess we'll see for sure when the patch is updated.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

So the EVENTUAL GOAL is:

7* Lumi, JC, Mace, QGJ, and EK

edit:

Actually, Ahsoka might be a better long-term goal than JC. Barris will be grindable soonish too, hrm... I'll figure out where I stand after I hit the 4*'s.
JC, mace, and barriss compete for cantina battles, Ahsoka and qgj for shipments. Cantina battles farm faster than shipments, so pick 2 battlers to go with Lumi and Eeth and QGJ. Only buy Ahsoka shipments if you feel the need to unlock a 4 star Yoda or whatever ASAP.

Mace has the fewest hard mode grindables, if that's all that's important to you.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 4, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah I don't see any real nerf of what makes Poe super good.

Also don't see any way (if you got several <4 stars) to get that Jedi character from the event, you need an entire team of minimum 5 star jedi to unlock that character (apparently unlocks as a 5 star).

Jesus, todays GW is a kick to the balls. Match 4 before the end, +1 lvl, Resistance Pilot, Dooku, Sid leading, Lumi and JC. Did you know RP gets foresight (guaranteed dodge) and expose while kicking like a mule? Sid of course with lead so Dooku was both double attacking and critting for 3k. Managed to get through with my own JC dead (always lost someone when running through).
Next game is lvl 69 Phasma, Lumi, Sid, FOTP and Leia :suicide:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Just got Sidious to 7*. Any suggestions to what I should use my arena shipments on now?

I'm also thinking about working on my 4* Darth Maul again, I think there might be a lot more jedi in GW/Arena with lots of people starting to use jedi's more and more for the challenges.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

It's too hard to get Darth Maul shards right now. He'll be 4* forever unless you spend money on packs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I didn't see it in the patch notes, but I hope counter stuns are fixed. Right now they are useless as they are applied before the opponent who attacked's turn is over so the stun immediately goes away.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The new "most-often requested" Jedi character is obviously going to be Yoda, right?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It might be, but I think it'll be a darkside character. Revan and Grevious have both been requested A LOT. I can't see using 5 Jedi to fight another Jedi. I think Yoda will be the character Shard store exclusive. Or Yoda will be just another premium character, with a bundle since that'll bring in more money than any other character.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Sjonkel posted:

Just got Sidious to 7*. Any suggestions to what I should use my arena shipments on now?

I'm also thinking about working on my 4* Darth Maul again, I think there might be a lot more jedi in GW/Arena with lots of people starting to use jedi's more and more for the challenges.

Eeth Koth if you want Jedi for the event, IG-88/HK-47 for a droid team otherwise. Or just save it for an updated list if neither appeal to you.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

JC, mace, and barriss compete for cantina battles, Ahsoka and qgj for shipments. Cantina battles farm faster than shipments, so pick 2 battlers to go with Lumi and Eeth and QGJ. Only buy Ahsoka shipments if you feel the need to unlock a 4 star Yoda or whatever ASAP.

Mace has the fewest hard mode grindables, if that's all that's important to you.

I can get Ahsoka and Eeth to 4* quickly, so I'm going to focus on that.

After that, we've got like a month, so I'll swap my Cantina tokens to QGJ and just farm Ahsoka HM battles. I guess it would be fasted to just 7* JC, since he's got 3 HM battles and cantina battles to farm from.

All of my A-teamers are rank VIII gear except for Phasma, so I'm gonna stop putting crystals toward energy and just buy 2 Cantina energies/day for a while.

Pimpmust posted:

Also don't see any way (if you got several <4 stars) to get that Jedi character from the event, you need an entire team of minimum 5 star jedi to unlock that character (apparently unlocks as a 5 star).

The notes said you will get the character after completing the 4* battle.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 4, 2016

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
I'm calling it now - its an event where you get five jedis to band together to free Yoda from the evil badguys.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Present posted:

I'm calling it now - its an event where you get five jedis to band together to free Yoda from the evil badguys.

Like Yoda needs to be saved from loving anyone.

"You all think that I'm locked in here with you, actually, you're all locked in here with me!!!!" - Yoda

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I can get Ahsoka and Eeth to 4* quickly, so I'm going to focus on that.
The notes said you will get the character after completing the 4* battle.
I thought so too but either something changed or we're both crazy. Don't bother with Ahsoka unless you want to get her to 5 stars.

"Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars."

kaschei fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 4, 2016

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I think it'll be an event where the Jedi fight to free Yoda from the clutches of evil.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

I thought so too but either something changed or we're both crazy. Don't bother with Ahsoka unless you want to get her to 5 stars.

"Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars."

Man, they corrected the poo poo out of that typo, then. poo poo said stage 4 last night.

gently caress Ahsoka, full QGJ ahead.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I thought the patch would shuffle the GW/arena characters a bit but it's apparently not going to happen, so screw saving up, I'm getting Asajj to 6* at least.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Never thought to check for a GOH thread. Ally code is: 148-287-955

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

I thought the patch would shuffle the GW/arena characters a bit but it's apparently not going to happen, so screw saving up, I'm getting Asajj to 6* at least.

The patch notes don't have any details on new characters, they're not even saying who the event character is (Yoda). I think it's likely we'll be getting some new ones in arena and GW shipments but who knows.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

The patch notes don't have any details on new characters, they're not even saying who the event character is (Yoda). I think it's likely we'll be getting some new ones in arena and GW shipments but who knows.

They'll probably just add a few existing ones to GW/Arena.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 4, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

All the good ones will be in cantina shipments.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Yeah I don't see any real nerf of what makes Poe super good.

Jesus, todays GW is a kick to the balls. Match 4 before the end, +1 lvl, Resistance Pilot, Dooku, Sid leading, Lumi and JC. Did you know RP gets foresight (guaranteed dodge) and expose while kicking like a mule? Sid of course with lead so Dooku was both double attacking and critting for 3k. Managed to get through with my own JC dead (always lost someone when running through).
Next game is lvl 69 Phasma, Lumi, Sid, FOTP and Leia :suicide:

Yeah, my GW today was a bit like this....I had to use up a couple spare heroes on my 2nd level to eat up: Poe's taunt, Poggle's damage up, and IG-86's team up. I had like 8 levels on these guys, but no matter what I did, I was losing one of my A-team heroes in the first volley - the full comp was Poggle (lead), Geonosian, IG-88, IG-86, and Poe. With the double team ups, Poggle's damage up, and Poe's taunt/expose, I was getting wrecked.

Final boss was a full 70 comp, 6+ stars....Fortunately it was slightly less brutal.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

:suicide:

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Yeah it's pretty clear that GW shipments will always have the worst selection of guys, cantina the best, and arena will be in the middle. Putting QGJ in cantina was such a troll I still can't get over it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

kaschei posted:

I have 8000 cantina coins. I am going to cry as I waste them for the Jedi event and they release someone awesome in Cantina.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Quigonn is sweet tits. 2 turn assist. Often causes Lumi or Aayla to do 5.7k non crits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

I have 8000 cantina coins. I am going to cry as I waste them for the Jedi event and they release someone awesome in Cantina.

For real, 7-star Quigon.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Or wait for a later patch in february or mars? Seems odd not to bring it up in their "11 page patch note" document :iiam:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah it is really hard to feel sorry for someone forced to "waste" CC on QGJ. Now, if you blew them on JKG, I would sympathize.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Zotix posted:

It might be, but I think it'll be a darkside character. Revan and Grevious have both been requested A LOT. I can't see using 5 Jedi to fight another Jedi. I think Yoda will be the character Shard store exclusive. Or Yoda will be just another premium character, with a bundle since that'll bring in more money than any other character.

It could easily be Palpatine too, he's already ready to go.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

kaschei posted:

Yeah it is really hard to feel sorry for someone forced to "waste" CC on QGJ. Now, if you blew them on JKG, I would sympathize.

It wouldn't be on QGJ, it'd be on Ashoka as she is already 4 star and QGJ is 2 star. I wish they would announce a date so we could plan accordingly.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

commish posted:

It wouldn't be on QGJ, it'd be on Ashoka as she is already 4 star and QGJ is 2 star. I wish they would announce a date so we could plan accordingly.

Just be grinding QGJ because he loving owns in every game mode, you loon.

Shards to get QGJ to 5* from 2* = 120

Shards to get Ahsoka to 5* from 5* = 65

You're looking at ~half the time, but are you honestly going to take Ahsoka to 7*? Quigon is worth taking to 7, so just start grinding him now.

Getting Ahsoka to 5* is still going to take like 9-10 days if you're also grinding the hard missions.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Just be grinding QGJ because he loving owns in every game mode, you loon.

Except dark side missions...

Although if you're between Ahsoka and QGJ, that's clearly not a deciding factor.

e: Also, I'm having really bad luck with data cards lately...for the past month, I've opened:
1 Teebo
2 Snowtroopers

and today, 1 Jedi Knight Guardian.

On the plus side, this means I'm now at 3/5 for Jedis...

Also, I've opened up two of the red packs for 10k each. gently caress RNG.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Except dark side missions...

Although if you're between Ahsoka and QGJ, that's clearly not a deciding factor.

e: Also, I'm having really bad luck with data cards lately...for the past month, I've opened:
1 Teebo
2 Snowtroopers

and today, 1 Jedi Knight Guardian.

On the plus side, this means I'm now at 3/5 for Jedis...

Also, I've opened up two of the red packs for 10k each. gently caress RNG.

don't even try to star up JKG, though.

Lumi from GW, Eeth Koth from Arena, QGJ from Cantina, After that, probably JC/Mace Windu from Cantina/Hard missions.

JKG is poo poo and this fix will not change that.

edit: Barris if you're maxed.

• Locked thread