Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yep, and you've had it explained to you that no one cares that he can be arrested when he's not. Good to know you keep count though, that's nice.

The concern for not getting anyone killed when it in fact led directly to Lavoy, not to mention the malheur and ranch standoff messes isn't a great excuse either. Get him off the scene and soon.

Idk dude i think the guy who has to walk past all the militants shooting at him to arrest their leader might care

make fun of these dudes all you want but the stupids coming from in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Can someone repost that excerpt from Lavoy's novel about how his Mary Sue cowboy character outdrew all those agents trying to arrest him?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Bran Loghair posted:

Can someone repost that excerpt from Lavoy's novel about how his Mary Sue cowboy character outdrew all those agents trying to arrest him?

The Crotch posted:

... Spalmed?

semaphorepc
Nov 1, 2012
Er that happens at 99% on practically the next to last page? Kind of an abrupt end to his story arc. I guess there's not much point in going much further because most sovcit readers probaby just stop reading immediately and masturbate to the fantasy of shooting federal agents in the face.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.facebook.com/roxanna.hall.92/posts/1005214406252464

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hi just me here interfering with a federal investigation and posting about it on Facebook.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

... they want to choose their own snacks

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The FBI surely won't notice this, it will remain secured. There's no way they'll intercept these packages.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Sundowner Hotel in Hines, Oregon sounds exactly like the place that a innocent highschool girl, loved by everyone in her small town, is found evicerated in two seperate hotel rooms, and her death leads a quirky FBI agent to uncover the dark secret truths of this small town.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Two shares, both of which are making fun of the post. "Fuckers need more gummy dicks."

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Knight posted:

... Spalmed?

I'm guessing he was thinking of "fanning" the revolver and tried to make up a word. (fanning is when you fire the revolver quickly by holding the trigger and flipping the hammer back with the palm of your hand, a la old west style)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

Hi just me here interfering with a federal investigation and posting about it on Facebook.

It's okay though she scrubbed her personal info before making her page public

Didn't go back and delete the links to her real estate listings though https://www.facebook.com/roxanna.hall.92/posts/936196073154298

These people.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Captain Monkey posted:

The FBI surely won't notice this, it will remain secured. There's no way they'll intercept these packages.
That's why the post was "varified" :downs:

OAquinas posted:

I'm guessing he was thinking of "fanning" the revolver and tried to make up a word. (fanning is when you fire the revolver quickly by holding the trigger and flipping the hammer back with the palm of your hand, a la old west style)
I thought it was just a typo because he was writing with one hand ("...my hands palmed the rosewood grips...")

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

A lot of the journalists covering this story were tweeting about how this is their favorite hotel in Burns and that the young woman who works the desk is really nice. It sucks that now she's going to spend probably the next 2 weeks taking delivery of boxes of elephant poo poo and dildos for these fuckers. Yet one more way these dumbfucks are screwing over the locals.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Knight posted:

I thought it was just a typo because he was writing with one hand ("...my hands palmed the rosewood grips...")

:bahgawd: Ammosexuality is a perfectly legitimate orientation and The Constitution doesn't expressly forbid a man from marrying his guns.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Fionnoula posted:

A lot of the journalists covering this story were tweeting about how this is their favorite hotel in Burns and that the young woman who works the desk is really nice. It sucks that now she's going to spend probably the next 2 weeks taking delivery of boxes of elephant poo poo and dildos for these fuckers. Yet one more way these dumbfucks are screwing over the locals.
That's an opportunity to open a sex shop without having to make inventory

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Knight posted:

...that actually makes more sense now that I actually read that pile of poo poo.

Also: goddammit, why did I read that pile of poo poo?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I like how they dont know how credit/debit cards work.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

As a Millennial I posted:

It's okay though she scrubbed her personal info before making her page public

Didn't go back and delete the links to her real estate listings though https://www.facebook.com/roxanna.hall.92/posts/936196073154298

These people.

As we all know, the FBI can't google you without Probably Cause.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ratoslov posted:

The Sundowner Hotel in Hines, Oregon sounds exactly like the place that a innocent highschool girl, loved by everyone in her small town, is found evicerated in two seperate hotel rooms, and her death leads a quirky FBI agent to uncover the dark secret truths of this small town.

David Lynch is taking the Twin Peaks remake in a reality TV direction

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

OAquinas posted:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spalm

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Idk dude i think the guy who has to walk past all the militants shooting at him to arrest their leader might care

make fun of these dudes all you want but the stupids coming from in the thread

I agree. It was very stupid of you to think I was asking for someone to walk into his livingroom and slap cuffs on today.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

The prepaid phones, sim cards, and thumb drives are almost certainly meant to make their communications more difficult to track. Putting that poo poo in public is a bad idea, because buying/shipping any signifigant quantity of those items is enough to get you flagged all by itself.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I agree. It was very stupid of you to think I was asking for someone to walk into his livingroom and slap cuffs on today.

Im not the idiot asking for them to storm clivens fortress after begging for them to storm the refuge and after watching them neuter the leadership with 1 casualty who wanted to go out shooting anyway.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hmmm, why would he think that.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ok, but at what point does actual, real life poo poo like his ranch standoff and Malheur rise to the same level of concern as hypothetical bloodshed?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I also didn't see an answer: how many malheurs and ranch stand offs does one man get until we do anything?

Is it indefinite? Can a guy trade life in prison for a house arrest situation if he can afford NV land and a couple of nutty bodyguards? Does Lavoy count? Or do we only take away the "possible bloodshed" label when they kill a working man?

You ask a lot of totally unanswerable questions, and get mad salty when nobody can, in fact, answer them.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prester Jane posted:

The prepaid phones, sim cards, and thumb drives are almost certainly meant to make their communications more difficult to track. Putting that poo poo in public is a bad idea, because buying/shipping any signifigant quantity of those items is enough to get you flagged all by itself.

Reading the various ways that SovCits screw themselves over in the process of executing their oh-so-clever tricks is almost endearing. Sure, they're delusional, completely radicalized loons and very often bigoted offenders who are a danger to themselves and others, but this kind of thing makes them look almost like a puppy that got its head stuck in a shoe: adorably stupid.

Then you remember who you're talking about and the feeling goes away.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
What's the over/under on how many thumb drives received are filled with FBI/NSA spyware?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

e: one of the few good things to ever come out of a local newspaper comment section

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Well that's an odd take seeing as the thing that most upsets me is people answering them and rolling their eyes like it was a basic addition problem. Or misrepresenting what I'm saying, there's nothing in your quotes that says roll on Cliven now. It's me asking how long that goes on until you do something, and it was an honest question. Main Painframe is a fuckin pain in the rear end in my opinion and he managed to answer it for himself without making it a big crybaby helldump fight. He said it never does. I disagree but that's alright, I get what he means and why.

I think a lot of people here are discounting the poo poo that Burns and Oregon had to deal with for 3 weeks because of a confirmation bias over the arrests, which were pulled off wonderfully. The problem is that doesn't erase or excuse the 3 weeks. The waiting contributed to the successful arrest. It also contributed to the chaos in Burns, and who knows what else nationally. It also established a template for anyone willing to put up with being jailed to get national attention for at least 3 weeks in exchange for vaguely threatening defensive gun violence.

Its a question of balance. In my opinion there's far too much weight on the "better not cause another waco" end. That's my opinion and it's a bunch of poo poo! Sorry!

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 5, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Im not the idiot asking for them to storm clivens fortress after begging for them to storm the refuge and after watching them neuter the leadership with 1 casualty who wanted to go out shooting anyway.

Find where I begged them to storm the refuge and we can continue.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I'll agree that they should've been clapped up earlier while they were out and about, however this may have been the first opportunity for them to grab the whole bushel at once.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Its a question of balance. In my opinion there's far too much weight on the "better not cause another waco" end. That's my opinion and it's a bunch of poo poo! Sorry!

Pretty much everyone who knows about the subject, as well as recent history, disagree with you. The FBI is playing the long game, which it is world famous for. The FBI has proven that it knows what it is doing and has a plan. I'm sorry that you cannot abide the idea of the bad men getting punished later instead of right away, and I'm sorry that you think that not ending this asap through aggressive means will cause more damage than playing the long game will, but you are objectively wrong.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 5, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Thump! posted:

I'll agree that they should've been clapped up earlier while they were out and about, however this may have been the first opportunity for them to grab the whole bushel at once.

That's what I'm saying. Most of the fbi tactics are a big black box of unknown, by design and they aren't going to publicize if and when parts went wrong, or if they intended or expected all the problems outside of the refuge. I don't presume to know better than them (and said as much minutes before the arrests circa page 170 or so), BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT I also cannot fathom what horrorshow hypothetical situation justifies those three weeks and all the rest we'll be dealing with.

If its fair for someone to deploy confirmation bias over the arrests and how perfectly they say the FBI handled everything, despite not actually knowing, then other people should be able to look into that same inkblot and say "nahhh, that's not a mastermind psyop followed by a rainbow six level on cheat codes arrest. It was a very dangerous stare off followed by an oppurtunity taken" (gross oversimplification of what I mean).

Its not even like I'm spouting some fringe nonsense the governor of the state came out and said it was taking too long.

I don't know about her but when I say "it took too long" I'm not discounting any of the great work the fbi did in getting charges and pulling off the arrests. They did both wonderfully. My problem is that I don't think that's a good trade off for the downside, and if this is standard procedure for dealing with PEACEFUL ONLY DEFENSIVE GUNS NEENER NEENER assholes then it needs to be re examined.

How? Couldnt tell you.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 5, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Prester Jane posted:

but you are objectively wrong.

I disagree

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Recent history proving you wrong is mere confirmation bias?

Please elaborate on how the FBI could have ended the standoff sooner and with as little bloodshed as has actually happened. Be specific please. Outline the steps thy should have taken to remove the insurgents from the refuge and how it would have resulted in less violence.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

Please elaborate on how the FBI could have ended the standoff sooner and with as little bloodshed as has actually happened. Be specific please. Outline the steps thy should have taken to remove the insurgents from the refuge and how it would have resulted in less violence.

Roll in with an MRAP with a firehose that sprays that expanding riot control foam stuff and just lock everybody in a Styrofoam prison

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/02/federal_judge_orders_release_o.html#incart_big-photo

Hellboy rides again.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Government officials chose to end our educational efforts with attacks of force and it appears they attempt to do it again," Bundy said in the minute-and-a half statement. "Go home, Oregon State Police. You have already killed enough. Go home, FBI. It is time to end this."

:allears:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/a_week_after_telling_refuge_ho.html#incart_big-photo

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prester Jane posted:

The FBI is playing the long game, which it is world famous for.

What is your basis for this opinion? You have a very high estimation of an organization that's spent much of the last decade and a half catfishing mentally unbalanced American Muslim teens into fake terror plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Prester Jane posted:

Yes it is.

You're taking the result, good arrests, and retroactively applying it's success to everything that led up to it, declaring the entirety of the unknown aspects of the FBI operation and declaring it perfect, and that it all offsets any downside I can imagine. That's the definition of it. To say nothing of how convenient it is that it all folded into your narrativists theories, which I read and considered dufully, and still will, but don't accept prima facie.

I don't see the arrests as such, I see them as good arrests that all but ended a situation that was getting more dangerous and disruptive by the day.

I don't proclaim to know the inner workings and tactics nitty gritty of the fbi. You do. My opinions based on what I know and saw.

As for what I would have done? I would have moved on Cliven the first time he threatened gun violence on BLM officials and leveraged all possible pain (which doesn't have to include getting people shot to arrest him) to make it clear you can't threaten federal agents with death in America and then not even see charges as you escalate the situation for 20 years. His sons would have seen that the feds aren't the sovcit fantasy they love, their dad didn't discover the magic words, and they think twice before invading malheur.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 5, 2016

• Locked thread