Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Stupid walls of texts effectively change the markets you say?

Interesting.....

I absolutely screw with the comments every now and then. I'm not as bad as that jongordon guy who would just straight up come in and yell "CARSON DROPPING OUT! HERE'S A LINK" and link to Justin Bieber's twitter feed, but I definitely colour my perfectly cogent analysis towards the way I'd like people to buy. I figure the former can only make people more cautious which means less money long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Omi-Polari posted:

Those are risky.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/695030317921484800

Though also to be fair, Sanders has been consistently ahead and way more ahead than Obama was.

That's not what happened. The polls had an accurate picture of the race three days before the primary, then went on hiatus right as Hillary cried in a diner. The end.

The polls will be just as terrible this weekend, but 30 points isn't 10.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
why the gently caress are people reading the comments anyway, it's half half-assed commentary and half trolling.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Personally I feel this kind of money making is already walking a fine line against sin, I wouldn't want to try to deceive people and actively take from others to enrich myself. I'm no capitalist lol

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Bought 25 shares of NO on the coin toss question tonight. I mean, it was $10, this is like making a bet with a friend at a bar.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OrangeKing posted:

I mean, it was $10, this is like making a bet with a friend at a bar.
You are a wiser goon than I.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
You know what the Cruz Iowa shenanigans tell me? He's got an organization that is good at rat loving, they will probably do it again at some point, and it will work. Or it will sink Cruz, just like the McCain baby robocalls in 2000 sunk Bush. Wait.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I bought “yes” on the coin toss on the basis that Rachel Maddow is moderating.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Platystemon posted:

I bought “yes” on the coin toss on the basis that Rachel Maddow is moderating.

You make a good point. She wouldn't shut up about it on Monday. I sold my 25 No shares for a $2 profit, so either you saved me $10, or you talked me out of a sure way to make $10. It's a coin flip either way.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
bringing up coin tosses that had no effect on anything seems too stupid for even msnbc to bring up

so i bet a bit on no at 39 cents

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I had No on the coin flips but ended up selling it all off for some quick cash rather than risking it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re getting bogged down in the semantics of “progressive” stuff like that. The coin flips aren’t going to come up, are they? :-/

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

e: wrong thread

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Platystemon posted:

They’re getting bogged down in the semantics of “progressive” stuff like that. The coin flips aren’t going to come up, are they? :-/

This might be a bit beyond coins (unless you count Wall Street talk, there are a lot of coins there)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think they would have led with it if it were to be asked.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Lol a coin flip gamble on a Platonic coin

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
they got so loving close there

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao, welp

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Lol a coin flip gamble on a Platonic coin

hello new thread title

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Here's lookin at Euclid

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Aliquid posted:

lmao, welp

Someone's gonna be mad about how that question is interpreted. I'll be amused either way :10bux:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

there was a market for whether or not the word 'coin flip' would be said?

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Abel Wingnut posted:

there was a market for whether or not the word 'coin flip' would be said?

It was specifically whether a question would be asked about "coin tosses and games of chance" determining the winner. Does that question count? Only a random staffer at PI will decide!

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Coin flips were mentioned twice in DSM's editorial. Good thing he didn't read too much of it.

OrangeKing posted:

It was specifically whether a question would be asked about "coin tosses and games of chance" determining the winner. Does that question count? Only a random staffer at PI will decide!

gonna resolve to "no" obviously

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OrangeKing posted:

Someone's gonna be mad about how that question is interpreted. I'll be amused either way :10bux:

Are the candidates not allowed to ask questions? :tinfoil:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I talked to another reporter today and she was interested in talking to even more traders this time. If any of you guys are interested in being interviewed by a reporter for The Street send me a PM or post your email address.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Arkane posted:

Coin flips were mentioned twice in DSM's editorial. Good thing he didn't read too much of it.

gonna resolve to "no" obviously

I assume so, but that's the side I'm on for a few bucks, so no need to jinx it :tinfoil:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Edit nm

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Feb 5, 2016

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Media is gonna go ape poo poo about the Bernie VP speculation now, expect shares to spike

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wish that were coming up sooner because that's the easiest current NO on the entire site.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I would get in and flip in a few days after dumb speculation articles drive the market

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

No comes after

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

OrangeKing posted:

I was sure that "coin flip" came up, but maybe it was only Sanders who mentioned it, and the rules for the contract say it must be a moderator.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fuschia tude posted:

I was sure that "coin flip" came up, but maybe it was only Sanders who mentioned it, and the rules for the contract say it must be a moderator.

Yeah, that may have been a good chance to gently caress with the comments.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Aliquid posted:

Yeah, that may have been a good chance to gently caress with the comments.

Trading was closed, unfortunately.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Fuschia tude posted:

It's my own fault for not reading the rules so I let myself feel joy for once for no reason.

But haven't these types of markets in the past generally also included candidates in people who could talk about stuff? I feel like PI is trolling me specifically.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

District Selectman posted:

You know what the Cruz Iowa shenanigans tell me? He's got an organization that is good at rat loving, they will probably do it again at some point, and it will work. Or it will sink Cruz, just like the McCain baby robocalls in 2000 sunk Bush. Wait.

I got to be honest, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Cruz did and do not understand why anyone cares. If Carson supporters are weak willed enough to take the word of Ted loving Cruz supporters that their guy is dropping out, then that's on the good DR. for being so poo poo his own supporters don't believe in him.

The advocate gets to go up and say whatever they want to persuade the other caucusers. Plus, is it really that much of a lie to say the good DR. is on his way to quitting? poo poo, they're all already lying about how voting for Trump or Cruz or Bush is best for the country.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trump Yes in NH is going up steadily, will probably hit 74c by tomorrow.

For those who still want to :getin:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump Yes in NH is going up steadily, will probably hit 74c by tomorrow.

For those who still want to :getin:

I'd take a short position on it right now because of the poll teased for 6 am EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I agree, jitters may put him down to .66 before or after the debate.

• Locked thread