Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Saint Freak posted:

The OTwitter actually tweeted at one point that like 95% of people don't have a 60, as if that was something they should be proud of in their game

That's not really any different from the dozens of other devs I've seen who've said stuff like "80% of players don't get past the first level of our game" or whatever. There's a lot of people that start a thing and just leave 10 minutes later.

Marvel Heroes Fun Fact: Give Us Your Money And Leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Basically because every single person in the world is brain damaged.

It's awesome.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Marvel heroes: 1/10 players agree this game is worth logging into more than once

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Here is the event schedule for this month:

2/5 - Operation Omega
2/12 - Cosmic Chaos/Valentines Day Event
2/19 - Odin's Bounty - Will add Hightown Patrol into rotation!
2/26 - Mystic Mayhem
3/4 - ARMOR Incursion

Happy eventing!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

What. The. gently caress. I thought I was in the lovely phone game thread for a second there. A schedule to their events? What voodoo magic have they induced to create such a list?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

a big fat bunny posted:

What. The. gently caress. I thought I was in the lovely phone game thread for a second there. A schedule to their events? What voodoo magic have they induced to create such a list?

these things are known as "the only reason to play the game" for the most part, along with "this isn't even enough to make me give a poo poo" depending on the event.

As-is they're things that super boost your ability to farm up the thing they say.

Odin's Bounty is maybe the best, since you get a metric fuckton of loot to sift through when you do things like Midtown on Mondays. Like so much loot. 4 chests per boss minimum. Such glory.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Black Cat 4:29 TTK

http://marvelheroes.info/build/34178/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYmudZmdio

God drat claws build. Traps build is almost a full 90 seconds behind.

Sad.

Edit: and that is maxed basically. I see no room to improve.

Lol at literally ZERO AoE. Gaz will see that and say she is fine I'm sure.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, that build is awful.

Somebody's not a cat person

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Black Cat 4:29 TTK

http://marvelheroes.info/build/34178/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYmudZmdio

God drat claws build. Traps build is almost a full 90 seconds behind.

Sad.

Edit: and that is maxed basically. I see no room to improve.

Lol at literally ZERO AoE. Gaz will see that and say she is fine I'm sure.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, that build is awful.

Land on your feet is AOE :ssh:

(if not a great one, but that build is still has better aoe than wolverine)

vvv Yeah but those have a tiny aoe.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 5, 2016

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kainser posted:

Land on your feet is AOE :ssh:

(if not a great one, but that build is still has better aoe than wolverine)

So is C'Here Kitty and Grappling Whip.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Telex posted:

Odin's Bounty is maybe the best, since you get a metric fuckton of loot to sift through when you do things like Midtown on Mondays. Like so much loot. 4 chests per boss minimum. Such glory.

that's what i log into mh for

sifting through thousands of items with fundamental stat allocation problems that prevented them from ever being useable in any scenario

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Whatevs here is an idiot build using the loving Predator and Prey spec rofl my god.

30s ttk
http://marvelheroes.info/build/34596/

I mean, her damage is good stuff. I can't deny that.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

My alt account with a lvl 10 Black Panther (ICR69) is also in the Top 10%.

That's his only character.

My friend who is not playing this game and actually, has never played the game at all and only has an account name, is also in the Top 10%.

I must be a turbo scrub then because I'm only in the top 40% with one 60 :argh:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I'm also in the top 40% with my single 42 and bunch of 10s or whatever.

Vando posted:

I must be a turbo scrub then because I'm only in the top 40% with one 60 :argh:

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
If you really want fun, compare how many people have various steam achievements.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The game ruined my Rarest Achievement showcase because not even 1% of people have a single achievement.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Confirmed only 1% of players use steam and this game is super healthy and thriving. When doomsaw said they were running on fumes he was joking lol.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ghostlight posted:

The game ruined my Rarest Achievement showcase because not even 1% of people have a single achievement.

I have 4 of the 7 that steam thinks 0% have

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

poor, poor starlord

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

well within the target tuning range

is it a skill? yep

does it do damage? yep

does it have a cooldown? yep

are the numbers big? yep

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

You wouldn't want them all to be $40 characters would you?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Trying to navigate Rogue builds is mind numbing -- anyone have a decent one that's fun and has good TTL?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Donde Esta posted:

Trying to navigate Rogue builds is mind numbing -- anyone have a decent one that's fun and has good TTL?

1. go into musclehiem

2. cop a feel on some raid bosses

3. max sig

That's a good baseline. The reason why rogue is so fun is that you can build whatever you want on her. Go hog wild.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Mr. Whale posted:

poor, poor starlord

"damage is split between all enemies hit"
"51.8% (1% per 20 bonus spirit)"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Donde Esta posted:

Get bellyflop, bellyflop on people, laugh.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I love Rogue in theory and I have even cosmiced her, but every time I consider playing her seriously I remember that I'll have to find someone playing Colossus/go raid Axis/Whatever everytime I want to try out a different spec and I just go :effort:

Really wish they would either let you steal powers permanently and store them in a library or finally let her have different powers in different specs.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kainser posted:

I love Rogue in theory and I have even cosmiced her, but every time I consider playing her seriously I remember that I'll have to find someone playing Colossus/go raid Axis/Whatever everytime I want to try out a different spec and I just go :effort:

Nah, you just need to go to CMM and touch colossus during a Mr Sinister wave, it is far less frustrating.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

or type "need colossus to touch" in group chat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sinister Wave lets you do it on an enemy slot.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I have a Colossus you can touch.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

everyone has a colossus actually

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I know that, I'm being 12 and still finding "touch my colossus" funny. Yeah I know about the thing where everyone has every hero but the latest up to lvl 10 so you just need anyone who bought the latest hero and you can get any friendly hero's power from them.

The real annoyance is the team up powers, there you just gotta find someone who happens to have the teamup you want (or just own all of them yourself).

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

wow sexist

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Until I lose this loving Tournament I am forced by Marvel Prime Universe™ law to be the on-call Colossus.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Lozareth posted:

#teamloz at the bottom of the #1's, sad :gaz:

Loz, just beat them to cosmic 60 when next hero comes out

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

No more...

...Balance

Rouge 3:08 ttk
http://youtu.be/LjUKdUNDe7M

http://marvelheroes.info/build/34651/

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7qWQ5dBmA

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone broken the 3minute barrier yet? Or is that Rogue now the fastest?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Rogue is currently blowing all others out of the water. Top tier ttks float somewhere in the 3:30-3:45 range, with one Loki build that manged to push 3:19.

Since her buffs/bug fixes in the last couple patches Rogue has acceded to a completely different level.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait for her next set of buffs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

To continue to highlight our goon love, Nim998 continues to poo poo on the O with Strange. I assume his GWAM is very top tier.

3:29 Strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqr5ntSmbo

• Locked thread