Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

apple good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

still waiting to see your iOS 5 iphone

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
still denying you the chance to doxx me

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

how would taking a screenshot of ios 5 safari or something dox you lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you may have hosed your device up somehow but that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

how would taking a screenshot of ios 5 safari or something dox you lol

i don't know but it's happened before and cremnob is itching for the chance to harass me off the forums because he can't argue against my facts

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
cremnob and stux will probably be banned before you get run off, imo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

apple is the greatest company on the planet, i want apple to run the government

ios is great, osx is great and good

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Dodoman posted:

cremnob and stux will probably be banned before you get run off, imo

inshallah

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

even gruber complains about having to put an iCloud password in a shitload of times when restoring a backup to a new phone

to pretend it doesn't happen is a super weird hill to die on

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

nobody is pretending. it actually does not happen. you only have to sign in once. maybe a second time on other device for iCloud Keychain

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

apple is the greatest company on the planet, i want apple to run the government

ios is great, osx is great and good

what the- this gleaming white voting machine only has one button! tim cook looks on and smiles grimly

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

DaNzA posted:

lol @ the sheeples paying almost $300 extra for a small bit more flash memory in their idevice

but you can upgrade it for few bucks + labor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGb5AOwp44

:prepop:

im the cockroach @ 2:09

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just face it folks, shaggar and stymie are some of the best posters on this forum - and guess what? thats right. the apple defense force? just a big boring blob of white noise. you're finished. the OS sucks, and its white knights are worse.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
9001 impotent mentally ill YOSPOSters standing squat in defense of their favorite AIDS infected operating system. 188 of pages of FAIL

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

nobody is pretending. it actually does not happen. you only have to sign in once. maybe a second time on other device for iCloud Keychain

same. it just works

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eric posted:

same. it just works

it doesn't work.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I like apples.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
http://sudophilosophical.com/2016/02/04/apples-declining-software-quality/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
apples software is not as good as the hardware and not as polished as it used to be. probably because steve is not around anymore to yell at the icloud guys. but its pretty good and best in class

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

icloud works fine for me. sometimes it can be slow to sync during busy times. also photos is great, only a person married to iphoto (an outdated and bad application) would think it's bad (because it's different grr my workflow). it's certainly much better than the windows 10 photo gallery thing and whatever google is on this week

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

basically we've got Reality up against a couple of crybaby "journalists" with grey beards trying to drum up a story, a notorious pro-ms gimmick poster and a serial embellisher of any anti-apple smear he can find anywhere (and some he wove himself from whole cloth)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its probably an unavoidable side effect from how big apple has gotten

in the good old days some dumb iphoto feature would fill 10 minutes in a keynote

now its ios 10 has 300 new features and we dont have time to talk about any of them because there is a ton of other stuff to cover

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

THC posted:

it absolutely does. its why it even has a separate login to begin with. if apple designed it correctly thered be no option to sign in or out at all, just an option to disable it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

icloud works fine for me. sometimes it can be slow to sync during busy times. also photos is great, only a person married to iphoto (an outdated and bad application) would think it's bad (because it's different grr my workflow).

The software is bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Shaggar posted:

it absolutely does. its why it even has a separate login to begin with. if apple designed it correctly thered be no option to sign in or out at all, just an option to disable it.

it has a separate login prompt for idiots who hit cancel at the login prompt at setup

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Smythe posted:

9001 impotent mentally ill YOSPOSters standing squat in defense of their favorite AIDS infected operating system. 188 of pages of FAIL

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
if it was windows you would have to reinstall to link your account if you hit cancel at setup

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pseudorandom name posted:

That's a screenshot of a phone without Touch ID enabled.

it only goes to 15 minutes on mine. and that's to install free apps.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
can you imagine the misery of not only using anroid on principle, but going to a forum every day to invent new stories about how apple stuff doesnt work

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
insane 3rd opinion: iOS and Android are both insanely bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Internaut! posted:

can you imagine the misery of not only using anroid on principle, but going to a forum every day to invent new stories about how apple stuff doesnt work

QQ about it while the burly 'roid boys whip your rear end!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

iOS software is world class

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

iOS software is world class

Third world class.

Beakmans world class.

Toilet world class.

NOT cool world class.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
tim is better than steeve was

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Stux posted:

tim is better than steeve was

mods

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
as a person? almost certainly

at running apple? only into the ground

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

shaggar was right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*grabs a huge pile of iOS code and delivers a brutal spinning pile driver unto it*

Unleashes 27 powerful hadukens into the catatonic jumble*

'Roid Boys Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poty posted:

apples software is not as good as the hardware and not as polished as it used to be. probably because steve is not around anymore to yell at the icloud guys. but its pretty good and best in class

• Locked thread