Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Phosphene posted:

"your just bad"

Nooooo, Tott doesn't say that You have you;re catchphrases mixed up.

How is my sens too low, anyway? I can't hit poo poo with my xhair flying all over the place like a flailing penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I know NV haven't been playing their best but this seems like Dig getting good more than anything. They were middling before but they're bringing great games to everyone this year.
Mainly because they don't have to rely on Aizy anymore to make all the big plays while they pick up the scraps. Also MSL is much more consistent than Pimp at AWPing and IGLing.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Also I can guarantee that when neo or Taz retires, VP will sign WorldEdit. Dude's one of the best AWPers in the CIS scene, only behind GuardiaN.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

symbolic posted:

Also I can guarantee that when neo or Taz retires, VP will sign WorldEdit. Dude's one of the best AWPers in the CIS scene, only behind GuardiaN.

They don't speak Russian in Poland, FYI.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

metallicaeg posted:

This needs to go in the new OP

:perfect:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

They don't speak Russian in Poland, FYI.
I don't know why but I thought Poland bordered Russia.

Eesh.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

VP will pick up Michu and maybe Rallen. Not Worldedit lol.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

VP will pick up Michu and maybe Rallen. Not Worldedit lol.
I could see those pick-ups happening and working out. Both Michu and rallen are pretty strong players.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Best Polak not in VP is Szpero.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Eesh.

You are just thinking geopolitically :sun:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

You are just thinking geopolitically :sun:
WorldEdit he is the russian player but the VP he is the polish stars.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962235079

Im silver 3, someone join me in the scrub tiers so i don't have to solo queue

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

symbolic posted:

Eesh.

It does, if you consider Kaliningrad Oblast Russia.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I had Sean Gares' stream on and was half watching it. They were queuing MM and witmer drops 35k against supremes/globals. He gets a rank and is Gold Nova Master. :allears:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Replace 'soon' with 'kid'

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962235079

Im silver 3, someone join me in the scrub tiers so i don't have to solo queue

come join the goonman fun at csgo.sub.io

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bow howdy I love it when the other team gets carried by a 47-6 SMFC smurf. :shepicide:

At least I felt like I was hitting all my shots. All I had to do was focus on the crosshair and the person.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

symbolic posted:

Bow howdy I love it when the other team gets carried by a 47-6 SMFC smurf. :shepicide:

At least I felt like I was hitting all my shots. All I had to do was focus on the crosshair and the person.

You haven't lived until you've gotten 50 bombed by a high global smurf in the birds.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Almost had a deathless game while top fragging on my alt, but hosed up the spray on the last guy :(

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Any tips you guys can give on locating sounds? I hear the footsteps and such but seemingly half the time turn the wrong way. I'm using sony over the ear headphones, not like a gaming specific brand/set. Is there a setting to make it more stereo or whatever?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ixtlilton posted:

You haven't lived until you've gotten 50 bombed by a cheating high global smurf in the birds.

Fixed that for you. If you ever get stomped this bad go back and watch the demo. They usually track people through walls once or twice.

Sometimes they're smurfing and have the game of their lives, but it's pretty loving rare.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Depths posted:

Tott can go to hell

Wow. Mods can we ban this chucklefuck??

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

whodatwhere posted:

Any tips you guys can give on locating sounds? I hear the footsteps and such but seemingly half the time turn the wrong way. I'm using sony over the ear headphones, not like a gaming specific brand/set. Is there a setting to make it more stereo or whatever?

clean out your ears

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whodatwhere posted:

Lower your sens.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

whodatwhere posted:

I hear the footsteps and such but seemingly half the time turn the wrong way. I'm using sony over the ear headphones

You put them on backwards. Stop doing that

Or maybe your stereo channels are reversed. Either way screwing up and putting a pair of headphones on backwards happens quite often, I've done it too and flipped out because footsteps are coming from outside the map

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive had a lot of trouble locating footsteps after the new footstep sound update.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Straight from the left or right, it's no big deal. But when you're trying to tell which way they're going it gets tough.

EDIT: poo poo loads of name changing scripts out there tonight.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 5, 2016

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I had a much easier time identifying footsteps and their location in Source. Maybe I need to play around with some settings.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

whodatwhere posted:

Check the in-game sound settings are set to 'headphones' or '2 speakers'. IIRC the game is still broken if you set it to 4.1 or 5.1.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I finally learned that silver ranks do indeed exist after playing again for the first time since November or so last year. :smith:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Silver and nova ranks are great since those are the ranks where dual berettas are a legitimate choice of weapon for competitive.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

buy dualies and sawn off every round #get_jw

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Anyone catch how bad/good Young Stewie was today?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

Anyone catch how bad/good Young Stewie was today?

I don't know but this production is awful, and so are the new c9 uniforms

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

dex_sda posted:

buy dualies and sawn off every round #get_jw

I just carried a few extremely important rounds with the Mag7. Never, ever doubting shotguns ever again.

We still lost :negative:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I got poo poo on in my last esea open match but I got a 3k and won a round with a mag7 versus a lower b rush on train. I think they wanted to no respect rush us and go for a 16-1 so they kind of handed me the round. We still lost 16-4 :)

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

G2 vs A* coming up this should be good

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Was curious if someone could give me tips/tricks on being a support player for an awper. Either on A/B site Dust2 or Mirage. Those seem to be the best place to have a supporting rifler for an awper. What is expected? How to help them etc. I know this is kind of vague but not being an awper I'm not really sure what's best to help them get mad killz .

stump collector
May 28, 2007

sterster posted:

Was curious if someone could give me tips/tricks on being a support player for an awper. Either on A/B site Dust2 or Mirage. Those seem to be the best place to have a supporting rifler for an awper. What is expected? How to help them etc. I know this is kind of vague but not being an awper I'm not really sure what's best to help them get mad killz .

Talk to em and ask what they want. Some people like to hold an angle such as dust 2 logn doors with an awp and have a guy sit with a flash primed to flash the area to help them escape. A rotate usually flashes high in the air behind the A long/pit player from the cross area so that they can blind people, then the a rotate can move up to support long so they can get it smoked off, then they can play on top of car watching cat/mid/ct. I feel like the awper is best suited to be the A rotate but its possible that each awper will want something different.

For mirage if I'm awping mid window and I'm not smoked out it could be cool to have communication between the A connector and B catwalk player to wide peek with me to take control of top mid. [assuming we are running 1 3 1, with 1 site B, 1 cat, 1 mid window, 1 connector, and 1 passive CT in an A retake / mid control setup]

there's a lot of setups but the best way to figure them out game to game is suggest something and talk about a couple little set plays that could net you map control and / or kills and therefore rounds. If it works flawlessly keep doing it until it fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sterster posted:

One of the most useful things you can do is when you cross mid call out what side someone is awping from.

• Locked thread