Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

shortspecialbus posted:

Quoting myself for nvidia users, instead of using in-game MLAA and scaling, give this a go. I believe you'll be very happy with the results.

How do I get this to work? I tried it and nothing changed so I went back to in game settings. Also is this for SLI? What would I need to ignore for nonSLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Cowman posted:

How do I get this to work? I tried it and nothing changed so I went back to in game settings. Also is this for SLI? What would I need to ignore for nonSLI

It works fine for non-SLI as well.

To get this to work, load up nvidia inspector, and to simplify things for time being since there's no ATS profile and I don't know how to get a new profile to import 'defaults,' go to the profile for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and add the exe for ATS (let me know if you need this explained in detail.)

You need to do the hex edit for the Antialiasing Compatibility flag since it's not one of the default choices.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok so hopefully they patch this loving quick;

Where are the speed limit signs on the roads and highway? Either I'm blind or... they don't exist

I glance over at the GPS and see it suddenly dropped from 80mph down to 30.... thanks for giving me a heads up!

Also what the gently caress kind of high-way do you guys have in the US where it's 80mph, and then 100m later it drops to 30mph right before there is an intersection and stop lights... no signs or lane markings or anything

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Sappo569 posted:

Where are the speed limit signs on the roads and highway? Either I'm blind or... they don't exist

I glance over at the GPS and see it suddenly dropped from 80mph down to 30.... thanks for giving me a heads up!

Also what the gently caress kind of high-way do you guys have in the US where it's 80mph, and then 100m later it drops to 30mph right before there is an intersection and stop lights... no signs or lane markings or anything

They mostly don't exist in the game. Also they treat city limits signs as implicit 30mph limits. That includes a lot of those little dinky things that you speak of.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Harmburger posted:

Yeah, I had a terrible time reading the dashboard, went to 400% and it's crystal clear.

Cool, I'll make the switch and hope that I don't get wild performance issues.

HardDisk posted:

Where do you redeem the steampunk paintjobs?

They're about a week away according to their Twitter.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So just as a heads up to everyone. Don't use the "Enhanced sounds for trucks and More" mod, as it will completely get rid of all of your icons.

jadebullet fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 5, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

shortspecialbus posted:

Quoting myself for nvidia users, instead of using in-game MLAA and scaling, give this a go. I believe you'll be very happy with the results.

Thanks for this, I can read the dash gauges now.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

duz posted:

Thanks for this, I can read the dash gauges now.

The SGSSAA looks really good, especially on things like the gauges and chain link fences and the like.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sappo569 posted:

We don't I don't know if SCS actually visited the US or not but there's not much realistic about the highways in ATS. There are no intersections on US interstates. That's the one main point of an interstate. There's no intersections requiring you to stop and there are no traffic lights. Barring traffic, an interstate should give you unimpeded travel all the way to your destination.

I think SCS just heard someone who couldn't remember all that well talk about the US Interstate system and then made the game based on that. Whenever a speed limit changes down drastically, there's always a yellow sign with a miniature speed limit sign on it telling you what the new speed limit is going to be. Any other time it changes, it's only by 5-10 mph. The 80mph straight into a 30mph leading to a traffic light is completely fake bullshit. Hopefully they fix it because this is nothing like driving in the US.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

shortspecialbus posted:

It works fine for non-SLI as well.

To get this to work, load up nvidia inspector, and to simplify things for time being since there's no ATS profile and I don't know how to get a new profile to import 'defaults,' go to the profile for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and add the exe for ATS (let me know if you need this explained in detail.)

You need to do the hex edit for the Antialiasing Compatibility flag since it's not one of the default choices.

What are the in game settings I need to turn off besides MLAA?

Edit: Missed the Scaling part. Set it to 100%

Edit 2: Ok I had to actually add it onto the ETS2 profile and not make a new one. Now it works, thanks!

Cowman fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 5, 2016

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cojawfee posted:

Whenever a speed limit changes down drastically, there's always a yellow sign with a miniature speed limit sign on it telling you what the new speed limit is going to be.
Happen to have a picture of an example? The only yellow signs I've ever seen with speed numbers on them are recommended speeds for upcoming curves/exits. But I've never driven in CA, and haven't driven in Nevada for many years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Happen to have a picture of an example? The only yellow signs I've ever seen with speed numbers on them are recommended speeds for upcoming curves/exits. But I've never driven in CA, and haven't driven in Nevada for many years.

Sometimes it will just be a sign that says "Reduced Speed Ahead" and sometimes it just says what the speed limit ahead will be.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Cowman posted:

What are the in game settings I need to turn off besides MLAA?

Edit: Missed the Scaling part. Set it to 100%

Edit 2: Ok I had to actually add it onto the ETS2 profile and not make a new one. Now it works, thanks!

Awesome. How do you like it?

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Stay out of Britain San Francisco!

Has anyone found a good garage location for nice lucrative hazmat loads?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Using yours, works well, thanks!

Dick.

And then a traffic jam.

Is this for real? Well I guess it is

Cops in their natural habitat, the donut shop.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
Got my :rice: mods working!

Those Duke boys are at it again! :clint:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm gonna try and find Area 51 in this game. It's somewhere Northwest of Las Vegas but I don't know if they have it in ATS. It's gotta be though, it's too silly of an easter egg to not include.

nerox
May 20, 2001
How do you maximize your profit for hired drivers?

Of my 2 guys, one guy started with 2 hazardous certs, so I am focusing him on long distance and my second guy started with 3 long distance and I am focusing him on high value.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
the euro truck strategy i always used was to get a point in everything and then max long distance

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I always start out maxing them in long distance and when they finish that I set them to balanced and let them figure it out.

Money is too easy in this game so it's not worth min/maxing that. You could honestly leave it at balanced the entire time and it would maybe delay you buying a 17th truck by about one drive.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Keep in mind that max long distance isn't yet useful in ATS since the longest drive possible is about 1000miles.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

santanotreal posted:

Keep in mind that max long distance isn't yet useful in ATS since the longest drive possible is about 1000miles.

Jeez, I didn't even notice that. I'm really looking forward to some DLC - I've already visited every city except Jackpot and that's only because I'm yet to be near any cargo that needs to go there.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

shortspecialbus posted:

It's fantastic! I get consistent fps (still drops in cities but nowhere near as bad as it was) and the game looks fantastic.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Anyone here having problems playing this with the DK2? It worked fine for me yesterday, but today, all it will do is start up in borderless windowed with the windows taskbar at the bottom. Without the -oculus argument, it will run in fullscreen, so it's definitely recognising the -oculus.

The Oculus is working in every other game/app I've tried it in, so there's some problem with ATS and I have no clue what it is or how to fix it. I've tried going back to the the regular build then opting back into the Oculus beta, I updated my GFX drivers, restarted windows a few times. No idea, but it worked fine yesterday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What happens when you try to run it? Is it just a black screen? In your Documents folder, go into American Truck Simulator and open config.cfg in notepad. Change this setting to 1: uset o_oculus_mirror_mode "1" then restart ATS. Does the screen display as if it were the rift?

Did you do that nvidia inspector thing? I did and the antialiasing compatibility caused the rift to not display anything. So it would load just find and I'd see what the rift is supposed to display but the rift wouldn't display anything besides the "press any key to continue" warning screen.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Cowman posted:

It's fantastic! I get consistent fps (still drops in cities but nowhere near as bad as it was) and the game looks fantastic.

Awesome. I may write something a little nicer up and pester Kilonum to put it in the OP.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The game is great but holy gently caress is it frustrating.

The speeding tickets are total bullshit.

I keep getting ticketed for other people hitting me.

I haven't had more than about 5k money before going BACK into the negative.

I had a delivery for 10k to a gas station RIGHT off the road with the longest possible fuel tanker. The start point and the delivery point were on opposite sides of the station and you can't pull through those stations with a loving trailer. So a few minutes of trying to dodge traffic later I'm back on the road and backing into the station, ONLY to have a loving cop car pull through the station and park right behind me. I dinged him twice real lightly because he refused to move and went negative again. Thankfully the job turned a profit but the early game in this is loving MISERABLE.

Still, enjoying myself overall barring these weird issues.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Cojawfee posted:

What happens when you try to run it? Is it just a black screen? In your Documents folder, go into American Truck Simulator and open config.cfg in notepad. Change this setting to 1: uset o_oculus_mirror_mode "1" then restart ATS. Does the screen display as if it were the rift?

Did you do that nvidia inspector thing? I did and the antialiasing compatibility caused the rift to not display anything. So it would load just find and I'd see what the rift is supposed to display but the rift wouldn't display anything besides the "press any key to continue" warning screen.

I just tried the config tweak, but it had no effect.

The game just runs as if I were playing normally, but in a weird borderless windowed mode with the windows taskbar at the bottom, but it will play in fullscreen if I take away the -oculus argument, so I know that it's doing something, just not displaying on the 'rift. I haven't done anything with inspector, and the rift doesn't display anything at all. It's weird, because everything else works just fine, including ATS, 24 hours ago.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I had a delivery for 10k to a gas station RIGHT off the road with the longest possible fuel tanker. The start point and the delivery point were on opposite sides of the station and you can't pull through those stations with a loving trailer. So a few minutes of trying to dodge traffic later I'm back on the road and backing into the station, ONLY to have a loving cop car pull through the station and park right behind me. I dinged him twice real lightly because he refused to move and went negative again. Thankfully the job turned a profit but the early game in this is loving MISERABLE.

5 hours into the game and I have yet to get a speeding ticket. Got one ticket for running through a red light and also crashed a couple times on the same turn because I underestimated how sharp it was. Those were all within one hour of gameplay. :shrug:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The speeding tickets aren't bad if you don't speed but there are some points where it just randomly drops for no real reason on the interstate which is bullshit. Interstates don't have traffic lights :argh:

Some of the dropoff points are ridiculously hard too. That grocery store is such a tight area I usually just skip it because it's not worth the damage.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's what I meant by them. I never willingly go over the limit but the sudden changes are ridiculous, even knowing that the border / city limit signs are the indication.

I got a few tickets for red lights from stopping WELL short of the white line, seeing the cross lights turn red, and starting to accelerate so I can cross quicker. I don't know if the ticketing line is further back than the stop line or if it sets it where you stop.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cowman posted:

The speeding tickets aren't bad if you don't speed but there are some points where it just randomly drops for no real reason on the interstate which is bullshit. Interstates don't have traffic lights :argh:

Some of the dropoff points are ridiculously hard too. That grocery store is such a tight area I usually just skip it because it's not worth the damage.

There are some cops parked inbetween sound walls on the highway.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I had one cop stuck behind me on one of those backroads and I got pinged a couple of times for dumb poo poo. So at one point I just stopped the truck and let them beep at me for a minute, at least I wasn't getting fined for that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cojawfee posted:

Sometimes it will just be a sign that says "Reduced Speed Ahead" and sometimes it just says what the speed limit ahead will be.

I've never seen one of these in my life. But there should be at least normal speed limit signs whenever/just before there is a change.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
This is the hardest parking place I've found yet. The entrance to the lot is very tight so you can't reverse the trailer into it and there is barely any place to turn it around once inside. While the gas trailer is very long the ethylene trailer is even longer, don't think I would have been able to make it with that one.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Goddammit.

There should be a "Get Out And Push" achievement for this situation.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

shortspecialbus posted:

You sure about those antialiasing compatibility settings? They make all the highway signs go blank on my system. Resetting the hex string back to zeros fixes it (and obviously kills supersampling in the process). FWIW, performance is better with these settings.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

mackintosh posted:

You sure about those antialiasing compatibility settings? They make all the highway signs go blank on my system. Resetting the hex string back to zeros fixes it (and obviously kills supersampling in the process). FWIW, performance is better with these settings.

Try 0x000010C1 or 0x000010C5, those shouldn't have the blank sign glitch.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Hogo Fogo posted:

mackintosh posted:

I have problems with the other ones and not with the settings I posted. I'm sure about them on my system, I suppose ;) Apparently it's system dependent because it's vaguely hackish.
I'll get a thing written up today and add those as options for those who have trouble with the one I gave.

As far as speeding tickets, I'll link this again, which is a little mod I made that just adds a bit of grace period for you to slow down for those speed traps as well as tweaks some of the fines a bit:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~stefan/ssb_police.scs

Feel free to modify/redistribute/whatever, I don't care about credit.

ssb fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hogo Fogo posted:

First one works, but SGSS really doesn't seem to like water reflections on my system (massive fps drops near bodies of water). It's been a while since I've had to do any tweaking on a game, looks like I'll have to fiddle around a bit and see what happens.