Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
white man's a joy to be around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

hey FBI, next time Cliven goes somewhere, please arrest him like you did his son. Thanks.
BLM should have seized all his cattle while all the Talibundys were at the refuge.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

McNerd posted:

That charge of conspiracy to impede an officer from carrying out their duties carries a max sentence of 6 years:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/372

I assume in theory they could be charged separately for each officer they conspired to impede? Which, since they ostensibly planned to maintain control of the facility forever, would include the entire staff of the wildlife refuge and perhaps more?

Edit: I guess not, or the indictment wouldn't just say "Count 1: Conspiracy to Impede Officers" and leave it at that.

If they don't come up with something else to charge them with (or if they don't end up being charged by the state with substantially higher sentences) we're just going to go through a vicious cycle of militia movement idiots pulling poo poo like this on a regular basis on the grounds that "the Oregon standoff people only got 6 years* so even in the worst case scenario we only go to federal prison for a short amount of time."

*- assuming they get the maximum sentence, it wouldn't surprise me if they only get a year or two since they didn't harm anyone.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it must be cool to be one of these people, to believe you are the hero of an action movie, but in real life, despite your morbid obesity and chronic hick stupidity

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

count_von_count posted:

I was just going to post that exact quote. Here's another one from the post-trial timeline:

ed. lol:

I'm curious is the US still being a British colony seen as a bad thing or good

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

A lot of similarity to that stand off in New Hampshire with that Husband and Wife duo tax dodger. They ended up getting 35 years and the standoff was on their own property. So use that as a guide for how long they may see jail.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Geoj posted:

If they don't come up with something else to charge them with (or if they don't end up being charged by the state with substantially higher sentences) we're just going to go through a vicious cycle of militia movement idiots pulling poo poo like this on a regular basis on the grounds that "the Oregon standoff people only got 6 years* so even in the worst case scenario we only go to federal prison for a short amount of time."

*- assuming they get the maximum sentence, it wouldn't surprise me if they only get a year or two since they didn't harm anyone.
I don't know. I think sometimes we get used to talking about 100-year sentences, and we forget that 6 years is still a lot of your life to lose for a pile of dildoes.

Anyway these are people who were half expecting to die in a gunfight. Granted most of them probably would have poo poo themselves and run away, but the distant threat of death didn't stop them, so I don't know if the distant threat of a different huge punishment would change the calculus that much. With some luck, the threat of winding up as ineffectual laughingstocks like the Bundys might count for something, but we'll see.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it must be cool to be one of these people, to believe you are the hero of an action movie, but in real life, despite your morbid obesity and chronic hick stupidity

I think you'll find that the latter is what enables the former, while the bit in the middle is Obama's fault

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yall got fake poo?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

onemanlan posted:

This whole situation screams how good these dolts had it before putting themselves in the spotlight after having read their criminal histories. So many of them had their freedom from the law on the basis of restriction of weapons or other court orders. They were able to have their weapons & do whatever stupid poo poo they wanted - like joining a role playing state militia - in private, but decided to stand up for a doomed cause in an incredibly stupid, public manner. So now pictured with weapons, that many are banned from possessing, tromping around like wanna-be soldiers, including a few who are on the thin edge of stolen valor. Because they're in the spotlight the media is rooting out their actual history and publishing it for everybody to realize how terrible they are as people. They all seem to be akin to hick-role players who made up their noble anti-government, freeman fighter history upon aligning with their local 'militia' & nobody in their group bothers to fact check one another so long as it gives with 'gently caress the gov'ment. :freep:' These dolts had relatively un-encombered lives despite their criminal histories and decided to air it out for everybody to see in the name of a cause that was doomed to fail from the get go.

It makes sense to me, because the only people who can afford a long-term protest action are people who don't have much to lose. Their issues aren't the right demographic (or time of year) to attract college kids, so that leaves convicts. Nobody wants to hire convicts or rent to them, so their life is lovely with little hope for things ever improving. In that situation people who say the system is wrong and their revolutionaries can fix it could look pretty attractive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, I thought this would be a list of charges, but it just looks like a summary of events?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
that's the impeding a federal officer charge, there may be more because they filmed themselves with firearms and a bunch of them have felonys

gonna lol so hard when david fry (kemosabe)'s stream is used as evidence against them all in court

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I hope they drop charges against him after taking all his devices and publicly thanking him for his cooperation.

Varial
Dec 5, 2015

XMNN posted:

that's the impeding a federal officer charge, there may be more because they filmed themselves with firearms and a bunch of them have felonys

gonna lol so hard when david fry (kemosabe)'s stream is used as evidence against them all in court

"I don't recognize yer so called 'felonies', they are unconstitutional according to the youtube" -Random Militia Member in court.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Murderion posted:

I hope they drop charges against him after taking all his devices and publicly thanking him for his cooperation.

It would be amazing if they pardoned Ammon Bundy and some FBI guy "accidentally" leaked an email about how their false flag operation destroyed any credibility the militia movement had left.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ibogaine posted:

Dildo Hill will be Obama's Waterloo. You just wait and see.

Climbing up on Dildo Hill
I could see bulldozers' lights
Wind was blowing, feel the chill
Bundys wanted to go for a drive

Gummi bears rumblin in my guts
In my head, I heard a voice
"Feds are coming get off your butts"
Had to listen had no choice

The roadblocks were set throughout the wasteland
My .45 stuck inside my waistband
Cops' guns going boom boom boom
"SON," Death said, "GRAB YOUR TARP,
I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME."

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
any law talking guys in this thread wanna tell us what we can expect from here? will they get tried individually? will cameras be allowed in the courtroom?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I wanna be a sovereign citizen
Not a slave controlled by the lizardmen
Constitution'll save me from Hillary
If I just cosplay like I'm military

Welcome to a new occupation
All across this sovereign nation

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

roymorrison posted:

you're all still slaves

Yeah, but if I say Tea Cup she let's me take the mask off and we go get waffles.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Are the 5 of those morons still up there?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Are the 5 of those morons still up there?

It's only 4 of them, and now their fuckwit leader is following his daddy's lead and saying they should stay put.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/a_week_after_telling_refuge_ho.html

I lust for simpleton death.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol hes going to die in a concrete box

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

XMNN posted:

lol hes going to die in a concrete box

lol yeah it's awesome

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

BLM should have seized all his cattle while all the Talibundys were at the refuge.

They should have sent in the Black Helicopters and mutilated some of them.

Bundys or cattle, either one.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He's probably realized he made a poor life decision and that watching old Gunsmoke and Rawhide reruns was a dumb loving idea.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If only that American Sniper guy was around to stand up for are rites.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I like how they are just hanging around and being in the way without actually doing anything. It's like the terrorist equivalent of pointing at someone really close and repeatedly saying "I'm not touching you".

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
day 35 tarp news update: there is no tarp news

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
No tarp news, but Ammon Bundy tried to tell law enforcement to leave, the judge affirmed the decision for Pete Santilli's detainment pending trial, and PPN was organizing to storm the refuge to bring the 4 idiots back then backed off claiming the remaining occupiers have a death wish.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Knight posted:

No tarp news, but Ammon Bundy tried to tell law enforcement to leave, the judge affirmed the decision for Pete Santilli's detainment pending trial, and PPN was organizing to storm the refuge to bring the 4 idiots back then backed off claiming the remaining occupiers have a death wish.

He called their armed insurrection an educational action lol

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Would it put you on a watchlist to mail them supplies that are actually helpful and not dildos? I like the idea of legitimately mailing them food, but its all hummus and borscht and other foods they'd be afraid of. Can't do Mexican food because that's been integrated into American culture, also most meats could be cooked in a way they actually like.

Would they take escargot?

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
rap snacks

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Would it put you on a watchlist to mail them supplies that are actually helpful and not dildos? I like the idea of legitimately mailing them food, but its all hummus and borscht and other foods they'd be afraid of. Can't do Mexican food because that's been integrated into American culture, also most meats could be cooked in a way they actually like.

Would they take escargot?

I fundamentally do not understand how you would get a UPS guy past the roadblocks to deliver them ironic gifts. I don't know how they got their dildos in the first place. They must gotten them before they decided ignoring them wasn't working and threw up the perimeter.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you fly in the package with your homemade drone

you loving noobs

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Krinkle posted:

They must gotten them before they decided ignoring them wasn't working and threw up the perimeter.
this is not even slightly what happened

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Zzulu posted:

you fly in the package with your homemade drone

you loving noobs

the dildo drone delivers dildos to dorks

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
FBI Agent 1: Sir, we seem to have a drone crossing the compound's perimeter!
FBI Agent 2: Is that so? Hand me the binoculars... Hmmm.... Looks more like a dildo, if you ask me...
FBI Agent 3 (pointing): By gawd! They brought in dildo drones!
FBI Agent 2 (shaking his head slowly): Gentlemen, looks like they won this round...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Someone post that gif of the Russian politician punching a dildo drone

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Ding! Dildrone Delivery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He called their armed insurrection an educational action lol
Isn't it, though? At least in a "what not to do" sort of way...

Gallant wears effective camouflage for the environment and weather conditions. Goofus hides under a blue tarp.
Gallant brings enough snacks to last for months under siege. Goofus begs for donations and gets a bag of dicks.