Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
He seems like a guy who craves one thing, knows how to get it, and gets rubes that can't wait to type up an article about him to hand it over.

It's Attention, if you couldn't follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Anora posted:

Is he trying to win a contest to be the biggest wheel of dick-cheese on the planet?

No, he's defending the title.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ghost had Method Man respond for him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVGNvA8Yo4

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Good lord, and he apparently just sat through a congressional hearing about his dumb rear end, making dumb faces the whole time and not answering any of their questions.

Then he immediately went online and talked poo poo about the legislators on social media.

It's like getting bitched out by the principal for being a poo poo and just staring at him the whole time, then going to your schoolyard buddies and saying "heh yeah that Mr. Smith has a poo poo face and dumb hair, I wasn't even listening to whatever he was saying"

What kills me is that there is a very real chance that by the end of this, he'll be the same old shithead, only instead of marking up HIV meds, he'll make a living touring the country giving speeches to "future CEO" types and MLM fuckwads.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Ancient Shaolin Secrets of the Six Shkreli

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Good lord, and he apparently just sat through a congressional hearing about his dumb rear end, making dumb faces the whole time and not answering any of their questions.

Then he immediately went online and talked poo poo about the legislators on social media.

It's like getting bitched out by the principal for being a poo poo and just staring at him the whole time, then going to your schoolyard buddies and saying "heh yeah that Mr. Smith has a poo poo face and dumb hair, I wasn't even listening to whatever he was saying"

What kills me is that there is a very real chance that by the end of this, he'll be the same old shithead, only instead of marking up HIV meds, he'll make a living touring the country giving speeches to "future CEO" types and MLM fuckwads.

Where's a paid assassin when you need one.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

He's not old school money and doesn't have the cook

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I remember reading that the people he's been burning are old money types and he's been doing it super illegally, basically ponzi scheme poo poo. He's going to crash and burn hard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Birb Katter posted:

I remember reading that the people he's been burning are old money types and he's been doing it super illegally, basically ponzi scheme poo poo. He's going to crash and burn hard.

Yeah he's been straight up borrowing money to then give that money to other previous investors as "returns', then borrowing from new investors to pay those off. Its literally the most basic, old-fashioned ponzi scheme imaginable.

He also had some lawyer involved who bullshitted a bunch of paperwork or something.

They're both going to do time.

What I don't understand is how this no-money no-name kid managed to bullshit some investors into giving him millions to get his ponzi scheme started. Some real stupid investors out there who never did any due diligence.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-35490011

:wales: .gif

I mean, it's actually really sad, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it.

quote:

The hearing was told Mr Bray said "watch this" to his friends as he squashed the burger in half and put it in his mouth.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dalax posted:

I mean, it's actually really sad, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it.

Man, and his death only cost 99p.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Dalax posted:

i laughed and my wife told me i am a monster

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

chitoryu12 posted:

Man, and his death only cost 99p.

But poo poo... it's only ninety nine pence!

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dalax posted:

Another brave soul joins the illustrious ranks of those whose last words were some variation on "Hey, see what I can do!".

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Dalax posted:

quote:

Darren Bray, 29, of Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, blacked out as he ate the 99p burger following a night out with friends in October 2015.
Cardiff Coroner's Court heard Mr Bray, who had been drinking, but not enough to affect his judgement, died from a blockage to his airway.

I'm not entirely convinced here BBC.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dalax posted:

gender illusionist posted:

i laughed and my wife told me i am a monster

Yeah I feel a bit bad but I'd be lying if I said I didn't burst out laughing.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I like the part where his friend potentially contributed to his 99 pence death by hitting him on the back instead of doing the Heimlich.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The video of this is great and the pleasure he feels in proving the impotence of congress is palpable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIQ_gyiHag

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dalax posted:

The "Eat Like Snake" advert claims another victim

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

The video of this is great and the pleasure he feels in proving the impotence of congress is palpable

gently caress me, I know this is basically SOP for stuff like this but that is some next level poo poo.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Is it genetic? Is it evolutionary for one human out of so many to be so despicable that the rest of the population rallies around to find a common cause to hate? Who's more hateable, this guy or Ted Cruz?

The schadenfreude is on us for the self induced tizzy we put ourselves in over this guy, then it's going to be on him when the monied and well connected throw every ounce of retribution at him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

That's a broken jaw.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

titties posted:

I like the part where his friend potentially contributed to his 99 pence death by hitting him on the back instead of doing the Heimlich.

Starting in 2005 the Red Cross now recommends 5 sharp blows to the back first and then moving to 5 abdominal thrusts after that if the less damaging blows didn't dislodge the obstruction. Apparently the abdominal thrusts (for some reason they don't call it a Heimlich anymore), have a risk of rupture the diaphragm, breaking ribs that may end up puncturing the lungs, and other pretty severe damage to internal organs if I recall correctly. That's why they decided to recommend it as a last ditch secondary effort.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

The human body is mostly water.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

flosofl posted:

Starting in 2005 the Red Cross now recommends 5 sharp blows to the back first and then moving to 5 abdominal thrusts after that if the less damaging blows didn't dislodge the obstruction. Apparently the abdominal thrusts (for some reason they don't call it a Heimlich anymore), have a risk of rupture the diaphragm, breaking ribs that may end up puncturing the lungs, and other pretty severe damage to internal organs if I recall correctly. That's why they decided to recommend it as a last ditch secondary effort.

gently caress the red cross for ruining my joke then

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

titties posted:

gently caress the red cross for ruining my joke then

It was a pretty gay joke and we know how they feel about gays.

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

Birb Katter posted:

It was a pretty gay joke and we know how they feel about gays.
You mean, they feel cross about the gays? :mmmhmm:
That's pretty rad. :mmmhmm:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

That man was made from the Bethesda character creation tool:

The face of a sociopath.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope that dude goes to jail and gets stabbed the first day

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

oldpainless posted:

Really needs to get HIV and denied drug access because it's too costly. That's your poetic justice there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

He pissed off old money. It may be one of the only times we see a rich white man go to jail in the US.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

The dude is loathsome but that video kinda made him grow on me a little bit tbqh

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I hope that he assumed that being rich he'd get looked after without realising that old money gets looked after because they actually have connections and networking.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

He pissed off old money. It may be one of the only times we see a rich white man go to jail in the US.

He's rich in the way that a bank robber is rich. He made virtually all of his money by bullshitting people into giving him cash in return for a profit, spent it all on himself, and then started borrowing money and pulling schemes (like shifting money between companies and funds, or illegally classifying something as a loan so he had an excuse to "pay it off") in a desperate scramble to avoid defaulting.

He seems to be enough of a sociopath to not really give a poo poo about anyone and has a mistaken impression that his wealth and use of loopholes and schemes made him untouchable. All that meant is that he hosed around with the guys who actually do have power.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stinkles1112 posted:

The dude is loathsome but that video kinda made him grow on me a little bit tbqh

ya same

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
How many different ways can you guys say the exact same thing about Shkreli? We get it he's new money. Let's move on.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
This one's on me.

I started a new job recently. I've been struggling to get up to speed with out large code base, and the dozens of technologies we employ. If you followed my GBS thread, you know I'm feeling significant pressure to do well at this job. Consequently, I've been staying late at work. Last night, everyone was gone by 7:00 or so, except the CIO and one of the high-level managers. The CIO left, and the manager stopped by for a talk. We chatted for half an hour or so, and he left. I was all alone in the IT Engineering room. Even the Russian guys who take care of the trash and building maintenance were gone. I spent the next hour-and-a-half or so working on various aspects of my project, keeping a full-volume conversation going with myself the entire time. That's something I do regularly when I am alone, because I am either mentally ill, or very lonely, and probably both. Suddenly, I felt a cramp in my gut. I pressed down, and let loose with an incredibly long, incredibly loud fart. It was one of those wet farts that sounds like a horse blowing a raspberry. It was extremely satisfying. I groaned in satisfaction. To celebrate, I stood up and sang

DOMO ARIGATO, MR. ROBOTO!

DOMO!

DOMO!

I was in mid-Robot when a torso swivel brought me face-to-face with the guy who was sitting in a cube directly behind my chair, and not five feet away from me. He'd been sitting back there for maybe two hours, listening to me talk to myself, and was witness to both my fart, and my Robotting. It was like 9:30 at night, and I hadn't heard a loving sound from him.

I expect bonus schadenfreude any day now when I get fired for whatever kind of harassment blasting rear end on a guy then singing Styx at him qualifies as.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Centripetal Horse posted:

This one's on me.

I started a new job recently. I've been struggling to get up to speed with out large code base, and the dozens of technologies we employ. If you followed my GBS thread, you know I'm feeling significant pressure to do well at this job. Consequently, I've been staying late at work. Last night, everyone was gone by 7:00 or so, except the CIO and one of the high-level managers. The CIO left, and the manager stopped by for a talk. We chatted for half an hour or so, and he left. I was all alone in the IT Engineering room. Even the Russian guys who take care of the trash and building maintenance were gone. I spent the next hour-and-a-half or so working on various aspects of my project, keeping a full-volume conversation going with myself the entire time. That's something I do regularly when I am alone, because I am either mentally ill, or very lonely, and probably both. Suddenly, I felt a cramp in my gut. I pressed down, and let loose with an incredibly long, incredibly loud fart. It was one of those wet farts that sounds like a horse blowing a raspberry. It was extremely satisfying. I groaned in satisfaction. To celebrate, I stood up and sang

DOMO!

DOMO!

I was in mid-Robot when a torso swivel brought me face-to-face with the guy who was sitting in a cube directly behind my chair, and not five feet away from me. He'd been sitting back there for maybe two hours, listening to me talk to myself, and was witness to both my fart, and my Robotting. It was like 9:30 at night, and I hadn't heard a loving sound from him.

I expect bonus schadenfreude any day now when I get fired for whatever kind of harassment blasting rear end on a guy then singing Styx at him qualifies as.

source your quotes

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Centripetal Horse posted:

This one's on me.

DOMO!

DOMO!

This is going to get you promoted you crazy arse trumpet x-factor wannabe. Shine on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Slugnoid posted:

I wasn't sure I should post this. This dude gets hit by a train and couldn't possibly have survived..

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXyxuDz4Mc :nms:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Don't post snuff videos.