Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ya, I don't feel like I'm living dangerously with an electric pressure cooker/rice cooker. The old steam release stovetop one my family had on the other hand was one of the kitchen things I avoided using.

Pressure Cooker snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

If only Derek recorded his part as part of one of his summer blogs.

Just invite him to a stream and trick him, mxyzptlk-styke, into saying his lines.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 5, 2016

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Rhubarb94 posted:

Looks like the shitizens/RSI are trying to exert control over the SC thread at E:D's forum (I'm also pretty sure that's not a real rule).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&page=222&p=3528874&viewfull=1#post3528874

I'm disappointed TBH they are normally quite laid back.

I got a 2 month ban for that exchange. I wonder how much the Mod's have spent on SC, most of them say its ok for CIG to scam their backers.

1500 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 5, 2016

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
In the dystopian VERY NEAR FUTURE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwATtaaMCos&hd=1&t=191s

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Haskell9 posted:

Do not listen to SquirrelGrip. Tender young goons should steer well away from Debate and Discussion and FYAD
Thanks, I can spot a trap like that a mile away. Which is why I never backed this game.

I did get suckered by Mighty No. 9, though. :smith:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

trucutru posted:

Just invite him into a stream and trick him, mxyzptlk-styke, into saying his lines.

Would it really be better than him shouting in his weird-euro-accented reedy nerd voice, "let me loving finish!" ..?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I bet Bestow is really kicking himself for not making a Crimson Haze kickstarter. He already had as much content as Star Citizen 10 years ago with his single sword double-assed man concept art and techno stimpire amputated woman mob.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hi new people

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

new people gtfo

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

jaegerx posted:

I hope ben is finally broken and just aiming to piss Sandi off so he gets fired and gets to bring the hole thing down.

EightAce is Ben.

Sorry we call you a giant fatass so much EightAce, but the thing is, you're a giant fatass.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Ghostlight posted:

new people gtfo

:gary: PAAAAAAAAAARP :gary:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

Hi new people
Still in Vegas, Eonwe? What's been the highlight so far-- if anything?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Decrepus posted:

I bet Bestow is really kicking himself for not making a Crimson Haze kickstarter. He already had as much content as Star Citizen 10 years ago with his single sword double-assed man concept art and techno stimpire amputated woman mob.

Hell, I even provided Jpgs for that thread. I didn't even get paid for them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF posted:

Wow. I like read prognoses more cynical than my own sometimes. Makes me feel like an optimist, even while thinking Star Citizen is doomed to release late and be humiliated by a surfeit of superior space game experiences...

Interesting reactions at Frontier Forums to recent events, including the upcoming in-game store.

Shoutout, too, to 1500 for his long-running and ongoing efforts to brush scales off of eyeballs blinded by the divine light of Chris Roberts promises.
They are developing Persistence through shopping

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I might be late to the party but holy loving poo poo, a virtual car dealership. Ahahahahah, anyone who still thinks this is going to be good is a loving moron. Star Citizen now only exists to sell jpegs to the mentally challenged.

Like normally you feel bad for the people being scammed, but this poo poo is so loving transparent. If you get scammed by this, you are too stupid to have that money, so it may as well be spent on some failed actress' midlife crisis.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Still in Vegas, Eonwe? What's been the highlight so far-- if anything?

Winning money and getting lovely drunk imo

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I'm crossing my fingers for CIG completely failing to implement persistence to the point where none of these additional money-grabs can happen and they are never spoken of again.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This is a cool game but the plot is loving dumb rear end hell. I just wanted to be an evil mega corporation, not this saving the world from some rear end in a top hat poo poo

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

You'll be able to completely customize your character. That way youll have 3 different shirts to pick from. This is basically on par with Black Desert On-line's character customization as well.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

boviscopophobic posted:

OK, the used ship sales lot finally compelled me to register to express my incredulity. I'm not sure what reflects worse on humanity, that CIG chose this direction to go in or that backers are defending it.

Welcome to the thread. Please be sure to post at least one catte picture as tribute.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hey so what ever happened with this thread? did CIG go bust? did eightace stay safe and ride his tell all to morning chat show glory? did Eonwe use his vegas winnings to buy up all of CIG's furniture for pennies on the dollar?

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

No no, the shopping is to develop the economy.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My catte has suspiciously long ears. Thoughts?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

OWLS! posted:

this catte are sick.

I love how the economy is started by buying money to shop to start the economy by buying money to shop by buying. buying money to shop is to start the economy to shop the start, is the money.

See it makes sense.

paaaarrppp

Edit : Just ask people how ship customization was supposed to use the not real money too, but you needed real money to customize.

Store credit is worthless unless you buy it.

Get it?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
The money will trickle down. You don't know anything about economics.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I mean people flipped the gently caress out at horse armor, right? But there was till a game!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for CIG completely failing to implement persistence to the point where none of these additional money-grabs can happen and they are never spoken of again.

It's too late - persistence is here and it is pissed.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

The money will trickle down. You don't know anything about economics.

This guy gets it, you have to develop the cash shops first to have an economy, the economy is the last step in game economies.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

That logicsol guy is a dummy

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

In Star Citizen, first you get the money, then you

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Dream it and they will come

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Trade will consist of using your grabby hands to put a women's leather jacket which you've purchased for $25 real dollars into a crate before you clip through the floor and the jacket, crate, and ship all despawn.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
It is dogge chat time. This dogge is waiting for your call.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Why does CIG employ so many people in customer relations etc.? None of them are needed, the citizens do their job for them and better.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/449c5h/i_am_extremely_excited_to_be_able_to_purchase/

"beerlovers"

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

OWLS! posted:

Jesus Christ its Simon Cowell! Hes been hiding in your house! YOUR HOUSE MAN!

oh wait... thats a rabbit, not a beaver. Carry on.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

G0RF posted:

It's too late - persistence is here and it is pissed.

Soo... Thats how baby space ships are made... And to think, i thought they were MADE by PEOPLE!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

how do you type that and not feel intense embarrassment

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

OWLS! posted:

It's normal - mine's the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Ah poo poo, they found out about our love of crafted ales.

• Locked thread