Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

JAF07 posted:

"She's barely a 3 on the Glasgow coma scale."

You can't score less than a 3, and 3 doesn't look like peacefully sleeping.

Yeah that line totally threw me out the scene as well, as someone said earlier technical terms and this show can be a magical journey. That said hey that was a pretty solid episode and it moved along nicely.

I'm guessing you can't sate the bloodlust by just shanking someone who is dying or gives up their life since they're terminal. I'm betting the magic mojo needs it to be a life actively taken as opposed to given.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well it's nice to see that Roy doesn't just forget about unconscious people on the floor

unlike somebody

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In order to save your sister, you must kill.... RAS ALLLL GHOOOUULLL

again

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't think anything in Arrow has made me as instantly angry as Speedy being blown away by Felicity using their code names in the field. Then, to continue being on a roll, Ollie shoots Roy with an obvious tranq arrow and Diggle acts like he shot him with a nuke arrow. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" What he literally always does. I'm pretty sure he tagged his own mom at least once.

I don't know why, but today I thought of how funny it would be if they went with the little hat for Green Arrow instead of the hood. Him and Roy in those little pointy hats.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
How would Roy's hat stay on when he does all those flips?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SonicRulez posted:

I don't think anything in Arrow has made me as instantly angry as Speedy being blown away by Felicity using their code names in the field. Then, to continue being on a roll, Ollie shoots Roy with an obvious tranq arrow and Diggle acts like he shot him with a nuke arrow. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" What he literally always does. I'm pretty sure he tagged his own mom at least once.

I don't know why, but today I thought of how funny it would be if they went with the little hat for Green Arrow instead of the hood. Him and Roy in those little pointy hats.

Diggle is on the same radio as Ollie, they were both trying to make it look like he killed Roy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xelkelvos posted:

The magic of parkour, obviously

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

J33uk posted:

Yeah that line totally threw me out the scene as well, as someone said earlier technical terms and this show can be a magical journey. That said hey that was a pretty solid episode and it moved along nicely.

My mind shut down with all the Internet babble related to the "Web Nuke".

SonicRulez posted:

I had read Diggle's response more as selling the fact that Roy was "dead" to fool the cornea-camera after we found out they were tricking the Calculator.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 4, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

flosofl posted:

I had read Diggle's response more as selling the fact that Roy was "dead" to fool the cornea-camera after we found out they were tricking the Calculator.

Especially considering they were probably all hearing Felicity on the comm.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rarity posted:

Parkour Force: I ain't gotta explain poo poo

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Whizbang posted:

Parkour Force: I ain't gotta explain poo poo

I, for one, was unironically very happy that the writers have committed to making Roy's defining personality trait be "a love of unnecessary flipping".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Chinstrap

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Roy's our boy!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought Nyssa was going to kill Katana for sure, after what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller, with the Suicide Squad movie coming.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I thought Nyssa was going to kill Katana for sure, after what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller, with the Suicide Squad movie coming.

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

I wonder if we'll ever return to the secret Lian Yu prison, to find out Captain Boomerang starved to death because nobody remembered to feed him.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever return to the secret Lian Yu prison, to find out Captain Boomerang starved to death because nobody remembered to feed him.

Captain Boomerang and Deathstroke just need to wait until Captain Cold and Heatwave get thrown in there with them.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

DC Films made sure he is dead. Tatsu was probably killed by Nyssa as well just to completely wipe out any overlap with the Suicide Squad.

TyrantWD fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 5, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bentacos posted:

Captain Boomerang and Deathstroke just need to wait until Captain Cold and Heatwave get thrown in there with them.

Then they could cancel Arrow and Flash and even Legends of Tomorrow, because Prison Break: Rogues with those four guys would be the best show of all.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Stop ruining my immersion!!!

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Hasn't Nyssa beaten the poo poo out of Merlyn two or three times now? Why does she need Ollie to kill him

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

wereboat posted:

Hasn't Nyssa beaten the poo poo out of Merlyn two or three times now? Why does she need Ollie to kill him

I don't think she's ever beaten him one-on-one, only when Laurel lured him to that alley and she was able to ambush him. It's a short list of people who have been shown to be on Merlyn's level, and Ollie is the only one around.

Plus she probably wants to avoid any kind of revenge-seeking from Team Arrow after he's dead.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

ShakeZula posted:

Plus she probably wants to avoid any kind of revenge-seeking from Team Arrow after he's dead.

I really don't think they would care that much either way. They just sorta tolerate him at this point.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

ApeHawk posted:

I really don't think they would care that much either way. They just sorta tolerate him at this point.

You'd think, but Thea would probably be pissed and Oliver has shown a strange level of "honor" with regard to Malcolm in the past. By doing it this way, Nyssa gets Merlyn out of the way and solidifies a truce with Team Arrow at the same time.

Edit: Of course if Oliver goes through with it, he will have killed two different Ra's, which should make him Super Ra's.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

ShakeZula posted:

You'd think, but Thea would probably be pissed and Oliver has shown a strange level of "honor" with regard to Malcolm in the past.

Counterpoint: Last season was loving awful, especially when it came to inventing an ever changing list of reasons why Oliver just didn't kill Malcolm and be done with it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This still brings us to the question of who is in that grave.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

After the last episode, I'm thinking it has to be Roy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Merlyn is clearly an analogue for Joker. Ollie can't kill him because it would leave him with no true arch-enemy, and Malcom won't kill Ollie because then there would be no one for him to make his grand entrances on.

(Malcolm's entrances are still the best in any DC property)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

enraged_camel posted:

This still brings us to the question of who is in that grave.

Felicity's mom AND dad. :ohdear:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dahrk always wanted to be Ra's al Ghul mind you. He could accomplish that.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Phenotype posted:

After the last episode, I'm thinking it has to be Roy.

If it's Roy, I wonder if the whole deal is misdirection and Felicity wants Ollie to kill her father and Damien Dahrk has already been defeated.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

Anyone can do Parkour.
https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/2649049281808912/

Please ignore the horrid dubtrapstep

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ShakeZula posted:

I don't think she's ever beaten him one-on-one, only when Laurel lured him to that alley and she was able to ambush him. It's a short list of people who have been shown to be on Merlyn's level, and Ollie is the only one around.

Please she might think Ollie is her father's rightful heir and wants him to kill Merlyn to take his place.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Narcissus1916 posted:

Counterpoint: Last season was loving awful, especially when it came to inventing an ever changing list of reasons why Oliver just didn't kill Malcolm and be done with it.

The issues with Season 3 aren't directly correlated to Malcom dying, although it is related.

Basically the main flaw with S3 is that it never really had a coherent season-long arc. We start with Sarah getting murdered, and the early season is about finding her killer. Then it just dies out, because all the leads go cold. Oh but then Nyssa finally shows up and goes "Me/the League want our revenge so hand over the culprit or we're killing civilians". Then it comes out that Malcolm (via Thea) is the culprit, so they can't just kill the bad guy and say the day is saved. Then Oliver decides to martyr himself to save the city, and then we're finally introduced to Ra's Al Ghul. The latter half of the season is about Ra's growing interest in Oliver and forcing him to be a replacement.

A better way to conduct that whole arc is to have Ra's be overarching antagonist the whole time. Have him be aware of Oliver and test him to see if he's a suitable replacement. Kill Sarah secretly, and then let Nyssa do her whole "find the bad guy or your city dies". Let Oliver come and be tested. Then do the back-half of the season mostly the same, where Ra's ramps up the pressure so that Oliver is forced to become his apprentice/successor. You'd have to write in where Malcolm and Thea etc come in but it skips the whole "Team Arrow visits Nanda Parbat a dozen different times".

The writing also has a bit of the complaints, but those same writers are on S2 of The Flash and it works so much better over there because they have that ever-present enemy in Zoom.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The biggest problem with this show and the Flash is the never end issue of them launching new characters.

This whole episode felt like them getting ready to launch Roy's new show next year, hell I'd bet he's on Vixen for a while if they go with that.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Malcolm should never have come back after Season 1. It was one of those things where the actor was popular with the audience, so the writers found an excuse to bring him back and shoe-horned him into as many plots as possible, and even to this day it feels awkward as gently caress.

Season 1 Malcolm was awesome because he was a mysterious, elusive enemy who was always one step ahead of Oliver and kept kicking his rear end. Now he basically makes fancy entrances and keeps saying "my daughter" a lot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

The biggest problem with this show and the Flash is the never end issue of them launching new characters.

This whole episode felt like them getting ready to launch Roy's new show next year, hell I'd bet he's on Vixen for a while if they go with that.

I don't think there are any plans for that at all and in fact the reason Colton Haynes left the show is that he was done with the character as a regular gig.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Not Felicity.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Not Felicity.

Wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

computer parts posted:

The writing also has a bit of the complaints, but those same writers are on S2 of The Flash and it works so much better over there because they have that ever-present enemy in Zoom.

So that's why S2 Flash has been such crap lately (and be honest, there've been far more bad episodes than good this season). They pulled the writers who almost tanked Arrow over into Flash so they can tank that instead.

• Locked thread