Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Mooseontheloose posted:

gently caress the haters, I like this guy as Savage.

Now that he has more to do he's putting up a better showing. They're also doing a wonderful job of establishing why he's so dangerous with this episode. He has all the time in the world, and a long memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So are they going to explain why they can't just take his body to the time ship, wait for Kendra to wake up and then stab him?

Other than "There's 7 episodes left"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Maybe not give your dad stolen goods next time

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's your words of inspiration, we're leaving the 70s behind and never coming back!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"Here's to you, um...[looks at smudged writing on hand]...Carver...."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Legends of Tomorrow: 80's edition!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If there's one thing I'll never get tired of, it's Caity Lotz in period dress

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So are they going to explain why they can't just take his body to the time ship, wait for Kendra to wake up and then stab him?

Yeah that made no sense whatsoever. Well there's his body, guess we'll just leave it here.

poo poo, just go toss him in the la brea tar pits or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edit: Wrong thread open

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 5, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zebulon posted:

Now that he has more to do he's putting up a better showing. They're also doing a wonderful job of establishing why he's so dangerous with this episode. He has all the time in the world, and a long memory.

Yea that was nice too see. Also him shooting magic blue lasers from his dagger haha.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Rip is dumb as gently caress is why.

Heatwave is the MVP with the Eyes Wide Shut line.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well hey, other than a few dumb story mistakes (seriously just take the dagger and Savage's corpse and hand it to Kendra and be like "sup here you go") that was probably the first episode that was solid all the way through! Jax continues to get better characterization, as now "can fix or drive anything that has an instruction manual" has been added to his skillset.

Also rest in piss Carter no one will miss you

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Heatwave is the MVP with the Eyes Wide Shut line.

He is basically a meat-headed pithy quote machine and it is wonderful. :allears:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Where on earth did Vandal Savage find a multiracial group of South African mercenaries in 1975? And how did they have no accent?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TyrantWD posted:

Where on earth did Vandal Savage find a multiracial group of South African mercenaries in 1975? And how did they have no accent?

The same way people spoke english in ancient Egypt!

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Considering my old rear end avatar, I wish I had thought of posting this.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I was going to nitpick about how Snart couldn't possibly be ~45 (2016-1975 + 4ish years) but Wentworth Miller is 43.

That's a good looking man.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Anyone else wondering if Stein can't remember Ray due to those events not having occurred for him? Are we going to have some sort of time fuckery in Ray's past? I mean sure it could just be down to him having taught a ton of super smart people, but in a time travel show when you have people not remembering something like that there's always a chance some goofy happened. And seriously Wentworth is doing something right.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I'm quite used to giving campy shows like this a pass on some things just not making sense, and I'm perfectly willing to - I've been a fan of Flash and Arrow for years now - but jesus loving christ they are just making zero. effort. at. all. to justify why the team hasn't killed Vandal already.

Like holy poo poo, in this episode Rip and the team have taken out all the goons and have utterly defeated and incapacitated Savage and have him completely at their mercy. And then the show literally just cuts to the next scene with the heroes back on the ship trying to figure out how to find Savage. What the gently caress? Did we miss a scene?

loving come on writers, this show is otherwise quite good, and I'm willing to work with you if you give me literally any lame excuse at all, but you gotta give me something. They're surpassing bad writing at this point and moving into just straight-up basic continuity errors.

J33uk posted:

Anyone else wondering if Stein can't remember Ray due to those events not having occurred for him? Are we going to have some sort of time fuckery in Ray's past? I mean sure it could just be down to him having taught a ton of super smart people, but in a time travel show when you have people not remembering something like that there's always a chance some goofy happened. And seriously Wentworth is doing something right.

Yes this did occur to me. It does come across more like Stein saying "dude I'm quite sure I never taught you" rather than just "hmm, I don't think I remember you". And despite being an old pothead, he doesn't seem particularly addled or foggy in other areas.

It was probably just a red herring for the double-fakeout though.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 5, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

XboxPants posted:

I'm quite used to giving campy shows like this a pass on some things just not making sense, and I'm perfectly willing to - I've been a fan of Flash and Arrow for years now - but jesus loving christ they are just making zero. effort. at. all. to justify why the team hasn't killed Vandal already.

Like holy poo poo, in this episode Rip and the team have taken out all the goons and have utterly defeated and incapacitated Savage and have him completely at their mercy. And then the show literally just cuts to the next scene with the heroes back on the ship trying to figure out how to find Savage. What the gently caress? Did we miss a scene?

loving come on writers, this show is otherwise quite good, and I'm willing to work with you if you give me literally any lame excuse at all, but you gotta give me something. They're surpassing bad writing at this point and moving into just straight-up basic continuity errors.

No one across the writers rooms of the 3 CW shows is trying this season. I guess they really need Berlanti in there to wrangle them but he ran off for that network money.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Oh, also, is it me or was Snart's house 100% the same set as Barry's house?

Which isn't necessarily a problem, it would make sense for it to be tract housing and be kinda a fun wrinkle to the Barry & Leonard angle if they grew up in the same model of house.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Did they leave the loving dagger behind again?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Whizbang posted:

No one across the writers rooms of the 3 CW shows is trying this season. I guess they really need Berlanti in there to wrangle them but he ran off for that network money.

Hey gently caress you Arrow is good this year.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Solid episode. When it started I thought the whole team was going to make an entrance in Ancient Egypt in period costumes. Maybe some day.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

1. He's already dead, so killing him now will not end him.
2. Even 'dead', Savage is far too dangerous to take on the Tardis Waverider. If they fail to finixh him he could take it over and become The Master (of Time and Space). Speaking of that I got a kick out of someone yelling in Rip's face, "Why?" like it was a riff on the usual question to a Time Lord of, "Who?". With all his crazy schemes, Jax should just start calling Rip, Dr. Why.

Kwyndig posted:

Legends of Tomorrow: 80's edition!

Back on Page 11,"Binary Logic" posted:

.:master: Legends could have Sara and the team meeting John Constantine in the 80s in England. Oh the possibilities..

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 5, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Bad Moon posted:

Hey gently caress you Arrow is good this year.

It's not nearly as good as seasons 1 and 2, just better than season 3. And there is a lot of aggressively stupid writing, just like on here and Flash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

Solid episode. When it started I thought the whole team was going to make an entrance in Ancient Egypt in period costumes. Maybe some day.

1. He's already dead, so killing him now will not end him.
2. Even 'dead', Savage is far too dangerous to take on the Tardis Waverider. If they fail to finixh him he could take it over and become The Master (of Time and Space). Speaking of that I got a kick out of someone yelling in Rip's face, "Why?" like it was a riff on the usual question to a Time Lord of, "Who?". With all his crazy schemes, Jax should just start calling Rip, Dr. Why.

-So they can wait until he's healed then have Hawkgirl shank him. They don't have to bring him on the ship, keep him in a 1970s warehouse. Then they can all get super high while waiting for him to heal.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
their reckless time-travel shenanigans have torn holes in the very fabric of the plot itself!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

-So they can wait until he's healed then have Hawkgirl shank him. They don't have to bring him on the ship, keep him in a 1970s warehouse. Then they can all get super high while waiting for him to heal.
So they stash him in a warehouse and then his followers find and free him and we're back where we are now.. :derp:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Binary Logic posted:

So they stash him in a warehouse and then his followers find and free him and we're back where we are now.. :derp:

You mean the followers that were so poo poo that even Jackson was able to beat some of them up? :smug:

It was just real dumb leaving him(and the dagger lol) there. They should have just put in a part where a ton more Vandal believer reinforcements showed up so they had to retreat after Rip cut his throat.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Does the fact that Rip has "seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall" imply that there's a Superman and Batman in their universe? Could be a dumb theory, but it was just a random thought I had
That plus the green kryptonite in this episode makes it more than implied.
The Flash exists in this universe, and the Flash is going to meet Supergirl.

BTW whatever happened to the Temporal Bounty Hunter sent by the Time Masters Club? I think he was called Chronos but that seems way too on-the-nose even for this show. I expect him to show up at the worst possible time, whenever that is.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 5, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't think Savage had the dagger with him in this episode. I mean, they could've conceivably taken him onto their ship and then gone to...search...for the dagger?...but we can pretty much understand why they didn't.

What they should've done was to take Savage and then deposit him in the year 5000.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BrianWilly posted:

What they should've done was to take Savage and then deposit him in the year 5000.
This is the new "The Walking Dead Season 6 - They Should've Lit the Pit on Fire".

Savage killing Rip's family is a fixed point in time. It has happened, it will always happen. The Time Masters explained this to Rip and he refused to accept it. Nothing the Legends Squad does will change events enough to stop it from happening.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 5, 2016

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Binary Logic posted:

This is the new "The Walking Dead Season 6 - They Should've Lit the Pit on Fire".

Savage killing Rip's family is a fixed point in time. It has happened, it will always happen. The Time Masters explained this to Rip and he refused to accept it. Nothing the Legends Squad does will change events enough to stop it from happening.

They just need to travel to right before Rip's wife and kid are killed and replace them with dolls they won at the Millennial Fair.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

BTW whatever happened to the Temporal Bounty Hunter sent by the Time Masters Club? I think he was called Chronos but that seems way too on-the-nose even for this show. I expect him to show up at the worst possible time, whenever that is.

He was (very loosely) based on the Atom's Silver Age arch-enemy Chronos, the Time Thief, a dork who wore a creepy white mask, striped tights, and a cape.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just freeze him in a god drat block of ice and kill him at your leisure.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

He was (very loosely) based on the Atom's Silver Age arch-enemy Chronos, the Time Thief, a dork who wore a creepy white mask, striped tights, and a cape.

And bore a strong resemblance to Richard Nixon when his mask was off.. LOL if they have the balls to show that in a future episode..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

XboxPants posted:

They aren't trying to kill him now. They're trying to prevent his rise.

They don't want to gently caress with time that much.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 5, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ray totally has time bullshit upcoming.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is every character going to meet their past selves?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think Savage had the dagger with him in this episode. I mean, they could've conceivably taken him onto their ship and then gone to...search...for the dagger?...but we can pretty much understand why they didn't.

I thought the dagger he used to cut Hawkman's throat was the same one. I could be mistaken.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Whizbang posted:

They just need to travel to right before Rip's wife and kid are killed and replace them with dolls they won at the Millennial Fair.

NIce. Now I have that music stuck in my head. Hup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I seriously think before the Flash is over he'll save his mom exactly like that, waving his younger self away so the plan isn't interfered with.

• Locked thread