Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ShimSham posted:

What's quality like on these? I'm interested, but unfamiliar with them. Always wanted the Nendodroid Toon Link and going to try to get the new Nendodroid Pokemon Trainer 20th Ann. edition.

I can tell you Nendoroid Toon Link is a really neat figure. Doesn't have the articulation of a Figma or Figuarts but he has enough variety in his arm shapes that he can do just about any pose you want him to. He's a great size next to the other Nintendo characters and his accessories, paint apps, and switchable parts are all extremely high quality.

I don't generally like Nendoroids super deformed figures that much but the style fits him perfectly without looking out of place on my video game shelf like say a Nendoroid Solid Snake would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Travis343 posted:

Where'd you get Kirby, and how much? That's the awesome magnetic one, right?

Got it from amiami.com a couple few months back on a preorder. It is the awesome magnetic one.

ShimSham posted:

What's quality like on these? I'm interested, but unfamiliar with them. Always wanted the Nendodroid Toon Link and going to try to get the new Nendodroid Pokemon Trainer 20th Ann. edition.

It's very high, if you enjoy the stylized look. They come with just a gently caress load of extra accessories and the stand and have a shitton of posability. I think I have an extra 3 Kirby faces, a couple extra hands and a whole sword power up set of accessories that I can switch him over to. Megaman has two extra faces and probably 3 or 4 other various parts of each bit of arm casting, a couple extra legs and another set of bullet accessories as well.

The stylized look doesn't work for everyone, but it seems like a company that's pretty hard in to anime and video game characters, so at least they picked the right market for that style. I've got the majora's mask Link on order for May as well. I ordered two Megaman (one for Oyster) and the Kirby in the same batch and the total cost with EMS shipping was 120 bucks, so they're pretty reasonably priced.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I just got the best figure from the new Spider-Man ML line, perhaps the entire ML line.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He looks way less angry than I thought he would.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

I just got the best figure from the new Spider-Man ML line, perhaps the entire ML line.

That was what made me want the Speed Demon figure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

That was what made me want the Speed Demon figure.

I'd have gotten it either way, I want to complete the Superior Foes. Though I doubt we will ever see an Overdrive figure.

Jack O'Lantern is pretty sweet.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 4, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw that in the packet the other day, and wondered what it is. It looks like it's escaped from Nextwave.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I saw that in the packet the other day, and wondered what it is. It looks like it's escaped from Nextwave.

Read Superior Foes of Spiderman right now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Joe Fisto posted:

Read Superior Foes of Spiderman right now.

Don't listen to this man.

Go buy Volumes 1 and 2 of the Superior Foes TPB, and be happy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Came across this unlicensed Fassbender Magneto earlier: http://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/toys-era-the-magtant/

(Yes the site has a very silly name.)

It looks pretty solid for unlicensed. Just needs a bit more color in the face maybe. I'm kind of tempted.

It's too bad the X-Men movies have such boring designs though. There's a few X-Men I'd love to have, but not with their dull movie looks

Looks like it's their second figure, after Liev Schriber Sabretooth: http://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/toys-era-the-variant/. Not sure why you would start with a character nobody cares about from a movie nobody likes. Maybe there's some company out there making Ray Donovan figures they copied the molds from.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hasbro and Mattel have had talks about a possible merger:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-04/hasbro-mattel-said-to-have-held-talks-about-possible-merger-ik8jsx1q

I can't see that being a good thing, but it would certainly give them a monopoly over boys' toys, owning (or licensing) Star Wars, Transfomers, Marvel, DC, WWE, Hot Wheels, Disney... and G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe, I guess.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I wonder how Disney will feel about this, considering the rumors that they came down hard on a merger between Dreamworks and Hasbro.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's a guy doing custom Adam Driver sculpts for Hot Toys, small preorder window with $25 deposit.

https://www.facebook.com/CREG-Customs-297850683581756/?fref=ts

He's also opening up orders next week for the melted Vader mask.

He's also doing a ultra limited run of "Matt".

Here's some completed work.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I've had absolute garbage luck at "the hunt" for a while now, especially around the Black Series and Transformers. The toy gods finally blessed me with two metroids and a ganondorf. Amen.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I've had absolute garbage luck at "the hunt" for a while now, especially around the Black Series and Transformers. The toy gods finally blessed me with two metroids and a ganondorf. Amen.

Your story gives me hope that I'll find Venom and Taskmaster at retail price. :negative:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mr. Yuk posted:

Your story gives me hope that I'll find Venom and Taskmaster at retail price. :negative:

I found Venom at Walmart. Gone were Jack, Morbius, Speed Demon and Beetle. Someone left Venom and Spider Gwen. Odd.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Yuk posted:

Yeah I need to find Taskmaster still after my rear end in a top hat coworker sold the one I had on hold. He only one per case too when I put them out on the floor the other day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rirse posted:

Yeah I need to find Taskmaster still after my rear end in a top hat coworker sold the one I had on hold. He only one per case too when I put them out on the floor the other day.
So, uh... did you kill him?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Xenomrph posted:

So, uh... did you kill him?

Of course not. I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't obvious he sold it to a collector, since it was put on hold for a person who called over the phone for that specific figure and was picking it up the next day.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey, it's our old pal Heavy Armoured Special Cop, now in something closer to classic comic colours

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why did they make it possible to take his mask off! Sacrilege!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Vintersorg posted:

There's a guy doing custom Adam Driver sculpts for Hot Toys, small preorder window with $25 deposit.

https://www.facebook.com/CREG-Customs-297850683581756/?fref=ts

That head sculpt is ugly as hell. It looks just like the real Adam Driver!

(A friend of mine burst out laughing in the theater when Kylo Ren took his mask off and it was a golden moment)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gammatron 64 posted:

That head sculpt is ugly as hell. It looks just like the real Adam Driver!

(A friend of mine burst out laughing in the theater when Kylo Ren took his mask off and it was a golden moment)

Same. That loving pout he had on his face was ridiculous. It really took me out of the movie, unfortunately.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hasbro and Mattel have had talks about a possible merger:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-04/hasbro-mattel-said-to-have-held-talks-about-possible-merger-ik8jsx1q

I can't see that being a good thing, but it would certainly give them a monopoly over boys' toys, owning (or licensing) Star Wars, Transfomers, Marvel, DC, WWE, Hot Wheels, Disney... and G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe, I guess.
Imagine the possibilities: They could lower the quality of Star Wars figures and double the prices.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I went to the TRU by my house last night instead of the one by my office, and it was like the polar opposite of what I've been used to--toys and variety as far as the eye could see. I ended up picking up the History of TMNT: Leonardo figures. It was marked down to $54, and at that price I was alright with getting 8 figures to toss up on a shelf since I'm a huge Turtles fan. Does anyone know if they are planning to make a set for each of the other 3 Turtles, or is it just a one-off thing they did for Leonardo?

Also, the TRU had about 5 Wind Waker Ganondorfs from World of Nintendo--is he rare or sought after? I'm used to just seeing Donkey Kong loving everywhere. If anyone needs him, I can swing by after work this afternoon.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cheesus posted:

Imagine the possibilities: They could lower the quality of Star Wars figures and double the prices.

what, again?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Why did they make it possible to take his mask off! Sacrilege!

They actually improved it for this one because some people wanted to be able to show him without it. The black one has a Lego head.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Now in Stock's text notifications have made getting new Black Series figures a breeze. I was going to stores 3-4x a week to hunt for them, but recently I managed to get Rey, Phasma, and FN-2187 online. I just need to finally grab a Jango and Asty.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 5, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I really like Adam Driver and was excited to hear he got cast after loving his performance in Girls. :(

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

I really like Adam Driver and was excited to hear he got cast after loving his performance in Girls. :(

I think most people generally liked him. The whole point is that his character is kind of a whiny man-child who is in love with Darth Vader. Yeah, the whole helmet removal scene was kinda funny, but that was the point. The audience is expecting something like Darth Vader, but it ends up just being a generic guy. Which is the point. He's not Darth Vader.

In other news, after going out of my way while traveling for business to a side town to check their Walmart, I found a Spider-Gwen. Really happy to not have to pay the terrible online mark up for her. Was surprised since that town is a lot smaller than the one I was heading to, but their Walmart had more Marvel Legends toys than all the stores in the bigger city combined. Go small midwest towns.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Someone has obviously never ordered anything from MattyCollector. It can always get worse, my friend.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

So Mezco has a Marvel license now and just previewed the first One:12 figures. Seriously amazing.

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/04/mezco-pre-toy-fair-2016-marvel-one12-collective-190602

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

no wonder he never takes the mask off, Dredd's Heavy Armored Special Cop's just hiding his perpetual incredulity from Megacity One

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Yuk posted:

Someone has obviously never ordered anything from MattyCollector. It can always get worse, my friend.

Every time I look at my Horde Prime figure, and see the unpainted patterns on the arms, I wonder: imagine if they'd only charged double - they would've painted these!

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

I've never seen a nendoroid before today, but I might have to ice my credit cards. Haven't bought an action figure in years, but these things are rad...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Guys, I might be done collecting. I don't think it can get better than this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

Guys, I might be done collecting. I don't think it can get better than this.

Real shame about that human head tho.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Travis343 posted:

Real shame about that human head tho.

It'll never get used, so it is meaningless. The human head should've been the extra part and not the wolf head.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I hope I can find that one, it's amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, I hope I can find that one, it's amazing :allears:

That one's been pretty widely available on Amazon for as close to retail as they get these days. http://amzn.to/1mj2TLf