Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

rabidsquid posted:

Emo is extremely good and cool, try listening to the new The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die album
Or I could listen to good music. I'm gonna go with that option I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
LSV should roll that pod

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mandatory lesbian posted:

emo is soooooo 2000's, scene is what's hot now

I'm old.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

This is cool, seems like he's embracing being a normal person. Would love to know specifics around which players he's lost massive respect for and over what (assume Owen as well, as someone else guessed).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Scene's been dead for a few years, Geek Chic is what's in now.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

MiddleEastBeast posted:

This is cool, seems like he's embracing being a normal person. Would love to know specifics around which players he's lost massive respect for and over what (assume Owen as well, as someone else guessed).
Other than being a miserable poo poo-heal in general, what has Owen done lately to warrant disillusionment?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

LightReaper posted:

Other than being a miserable poo poo-heal in general, what has Owen done lately to warrant disillusionment?

Continue to be Owen.

I suspect that there was something involved in Efro not testing fully with the team and not getting the team deck list.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

LightReaper posted:

When he completely flipped out at over Pascal Maynard's decision to draft a foil Goyf in MM15 draft, is the somewhat but not so recent example coming to mind.

And I'm sure there are just a bunch of private examples of interactions between him and CFB guys that we're not hearing about.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

this aint scene its a god drat (cutting) arms race

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

They didn't pick it up on the commentary but Luis got the win there by assigning all the combat damage to the Cutthroat so Jacob didn't get the extra death trigger which would have put him at 1.

I wasn't watching, but how did this happen? Did the creature the Cutthroat was blocking have first strike or something?

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

I wasn't watching, but how did this happen? Did the creature the Cutthroat was blocking have first strike or something?

It was a Zada's Commando, so it had first strike.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Now I think about it he might not have had enough power to kill them both anyway

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
heh, I haven't played MTGO in so long if I click on standard I have a total of 700 viable cards, most of those are lands.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Now I think about it he might not have had enough power to kill them both anyway

I don't remember the whole board but it sounds like the Canadian messed it up a bit, should gave got more Cutthroat triggers at least. I know LSV wasn't threatening trample from the twins,

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't remember the whole board but it sounds like the Canadian messed it up a bit, should gave got more Cutthroat triggers at least. I know LSV wasn't threatening trample from the twins,

From memory I think it was:

I think Wilson put the 2/2s on the 3/2, the 3/4 on the 5/4 and sacced the scion before damage. I think he could have survived at 4 with better blocks but he was pretty dead anyway.

Also apparently LSV lost to Shuhei's garbage deck already

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
https://twitter.com/bmkibler/status/695641459127508992

Wow, doesn't this shitlord know you're supposed to do ANYTHING to win?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
sic 'em shiro

taps W for Shiro, Hound of Kibler.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

https://twitter.com/bmkibler/status/695641459127508992

Wow, doesn't this shitlord know you're supposed to do ANYTHING to win?

The loss vs draw matters less at the pro tour. It still matters, but it's less.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
So glad we get to hear BDM's labored breathing as he goes through the strenuous activity of "taking a walk"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Nibble posted:

So glad we get to hear BDM's labored breathing as he goes through the strenuous activity of "taking a walk"

https://twitter.com/MishrasFotoshop/status/695657336174723072

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Nibble posted:

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/695657170092847104

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
can one of you sweeties please link the stream, i wanna watch/listen on my phone at work.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

can one of you sweeties please link the stream, i wanna watch/listen on my phone at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKN4SyfafE

http://www.twitch.tv/magic

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

jesus loving christ does every pro player shuffle their cards in their hand the whole time?

They don't change. You just look like you can't handle being alive and have to do something with your hands.

Like, there's two goddamn cards. Why.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's less annoying when the audio doesn't pick it up so dominantly, but yeah, this is an Official Pro Tick.

Also a good way to spot hilarious grinders losing to random jank at your LGS.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Yeah this Sigrist vs/ Turtenwald match is particularly bad, they're both sitting there staring each other down shuffling the cards in their hands. It's so loving dumb looking, hopefully they will make a new rule that's like "no doing that during a feature match."

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Unfortunately this is pretty much every pro match. Turns out high-level Magic is not a home for the socially adjusted!

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
For feature matches I kinda wished that they would employ a card holder (something like a scrabble tile holder) and have a 'hole camera' so we/the announcers can see the cards quickly and cleanly.

Plus as an added bonus it would get rid of the flip-flip-flip-flip-flip!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I was really enjoying this stream and then owen played a bowl island.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

En Fuego posted:

For feature matches I kinda wished that they would employ a card holder (something like a scrabble tile holder) and have a 'hole camera' so we/the announcers can see the cards quickly and cleanly.

I find it funny when I ask someone when and why they started this annoying habit I rarely ever get "because i saw some pro do it". The grinders all flick their cards the same way and they all tap out math the same dumb cris-cross way

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i don't even notice the flicking tbh, it seems like a weird thing to get mad about

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I do it myself because I have anxiety and it's a nervous tic

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

i don't even notice the flicking tbh, it seems like a weird thing to get mad about

spotted the card flicker

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Telex posted:

spotted the card flicker

i don't flick my cards lol i'd just end up dropping them all

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I do it because it's really boring when my opponents take too lon :tootzzz:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No emo revival is amazing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yawgmoth posted:

Or I could listen to good music. I'm gonna go with that option I think.

You probably listen to The Eagles

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

rabidsquid posted:

You probably listen to The Eagles

That's messed up. You went too far.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Modern is about to start. I expect some magic cards are about to get even more expensive during this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

En Fuego posted:

Hahah, they'll just take the cards out of the holder then slide them back in in a different order...then they'll take them out and replace them again in a different order.

That'd be hilarious.

• Locked thread