Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Apple, pear and lemon ciders are the only alcoholic drinks I can handle :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Apple, pear and lemon ciders are the only alcoholic drinks I can handle :(

This might be rad for you then: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/86622/?ba=TMoney2591 It taste's like rootbeer entirely, but it's 40 proof or something like that.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I don't drink at all :sob:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy in IT that doesn't drink.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Nah. There are a few of us. We just die off early from ulcers and heart attacks.

e: how can I forget aneurysms

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Oh God

I am about to apply for a job

As a printer administrator

At a hospital

gently caress me

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me

Lmao that's a real job holy poo poo

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me
Have you considered Abilify?

Swink
Apr 18, 2006
Left Side <--- Many Whelps

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me

I hope it's a mental hospital because you need to check yourself the gently caress IN.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me

Congratulations I probably spend more time avoiding dealing with printers at my hospital than I would just fixing them.

Find a leased copier services org who will work with you and then ram secure printing down everyone's throats it's the only way you'll stay sane.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me

hahahahahahahaha :five:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

skipdogg posted:

Sometimes I think I'm the only guy in IT that doesn't drink.

I don't drink at all.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
Sometimes the only saving grace in the jump from IT to recruiting is the liquor cabinet and beer fridge in our office. And the occasional morning mimosa meetings. And the "networking" happy hours.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

evobatman posted:

Oh God

At a hospital

gently caress me

CLAM DOWN posted:

This was my thought exactly.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

CLAM DOWN posted:

It really is, however at the medical network I worked for we had an outside vendor who handled the printers. Staff knew they were supposed to call the printer line if there was a problem with the printer. They always called the Helpdesk, then acted like it was a huge burden when we told them to call the printer support line. If they got really huffy I'd tell them I looked at the print server and there was nothing wrong with it and to try again, and it that didn't work CALL THE loving PRINTER SUPPORT LINE.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Turtlicious posted:

This might be rad for you then: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/86622/?ba=TMoney2591 It taste's like rootbeer entirely, but it's 40 proof or something like that.

That stuff is absolute garbage. It tastes like the worst possible root beer flavoring you can find.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Inspector_666 posted:

That stuff is absolute garbage. It tastes like the worst possible root beer flavoring you can find.

Why anyone would think to put that in their face I have no idea.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dark Helmut posted:

Why anyone would think to put that in their face I have no idea.

I like the idea but the execution is just atrocious.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

There's a company that makes alcoholic drinks out of saranac sodas. Those are pretty good.

Also, alcoholic ginger beer in general.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I think the Father's Rootbeer stuff is pretty good. Better than 'Best drat Root Beer' imo. I also like Budweiser Lime-a-Ritas so my statement may be invalid.

gently caress your hard liquor, just gimme some of that colorado goodness :okpos:

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Just heard on a call:

"it's hard to confront your own mortality in the face of an IT project"

That should be the slogan for this :downs: project

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I was talking to a guy who works for an alcohol distributor recently and apparently that root beer poo poo flies off the shelf in Maine. It's like the top selling alcohol of any kind by a mile outside of typical Bud/Miller/Coors.

This is also the state addicted to Coffee Brandy so no surprise it likes something else awful, I guess.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Docjowles posted:

I was talking to a guy who works for an alcohol distributor recently and apparently that root beer poo poo flies off the shelf in Maine. It's like the top selling alcohol of any kind by a mile outside of typical Bud/Miller/Coors.

This is also the state addicted to Coffee Brandy so no surprise it likes something else awful, I guess.

I know a lot of people who bought a sixer as soon as they saw it, and the majority of them ended up throwing it out before they finished it. How long has it been selling like that for?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

Upstate NY too. They were all over that poo poo (and still are). People seem to be under the impression it's classy.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
I tried a sip of that root beer stuff once, a friend had brought some back from the US, and it was the most foul tasting swill I've ever tried.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I love that stuff, but if you're going into it expecting hard root beer you will be disappointed.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
I fell for Zima for a couple weeks in the 90s. NEVER AGAIN.

This Moscow Mule craze? (Is this a national thing or just my area?) Not hopping on that bandwagon...

e: fell =/= not feel

Dark Helmut fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 5, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
When I lived in Japan, Zima was cool somehow.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Dark Helmut posted:

This Moscow Mule craze? (Is this a national thing or just my area?) Not hopping on that bandwagon...

Copper mugs and mason jar drinks in general are hip, you know "classic" artisan craft cocktail mixology :rolleyes:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Dark Helmut posted:

Craze? Sure. Are they delicious? Absolutely. Though as with most vodka drinks you're largely just turning something good (in this case ginger beer and citrius) into something alcoholic by the addition of tasteless firewater. I find "Irish" mules to be a lot more flavorful. Trader Joe's seasonal ginger beer, Jameson, and a 1/4 lime is amazing. I put it in a rocks glass filled with "regular" sized ice cubes out of our sterilite 2-for-a-dollar plastic ice tray. You get 3-4 mules out of 12oz of ginger beer.

Remember a mule is just 9:1:24 liquor, citrus (lemon, lime), ginger beer in a rocks glass filled with ice. Whatever liquor you put it in gives it the colloquial name.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Moscow mules are cool and good. Craft beer also cool if it isn't some ridiculous hoppy swill.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I wish Club Mate were easier to find in the US cuz I'd drink the hell out of a gin and tonic variation made with that stuff.

May 14, 2003

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY FRUITCAKE!

Dark Helmut posted:

I feel for Zima for a couple weeks in the 90s. NEVER AGAIN.

Pretty popular here in the bay area. I'll have on occasionally but I have them replace the vodka with rye.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I've been drinking Moscow Mules for years, but make my own and not the pre-bottled stuff.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm more of a rum guy. Scotch and Cognac certainly have their places, but more often than not I just sit down with a glass of rum.

This is some of my favorite:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
I'm an old man who enjoys a fine gin

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm more of a rum guy. Scotch and Cognac certainly have their places, but more often than not I just sit down with a glass of rum.

This is some of my favorite:

Can you describe the flavor profile? I've had trouble finding rum I like sipping. One time I had some (started with a 'Z', large stylized 'Z' on the bottle, can't remember the name) and it basically tasted like alcoholic molasses and maple syrup in alcohol form. It was great stuff. I've tried Zaya since then and I can't seem to replicate the flavor. I don't know if it was a special or high end bottling unfortunately.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

H110Hawk posted:

Can you describe the flavor profile? I've had trouble finding rum I like sipping. One time I had some (started with a 'Z', large stylized 'Z' on the bottle, can't remember the name) and it basically tasted like alcoholic molasses and maple syrup in alcohol form. It was great stuff. I've tried Zaya since then and I can't seem to replicate the flavor. I don't know if it was a special or high end bottling unfortunately.

Probably Zacapa then.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

H110Hawk posted:

If you liked the molasses flavor profile, you'll like that one. It's called Diplomatica Exclusiva Reserva. It has a light a fruity smell and initial taste (think cognac), akin to maybe oranges or mango. After that comes a nice body of toffee and honey; maybe a dark chocolate. Aftertaste is rich and somewhat like coffee and caramel on the back of the palate.

I had to take a sip as I wrote this, so I hope it was suitable to your needs. Definitely a favorite to sip straight and not mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I've started making Vespers to deal with particularly bad days, because I hate my liver.