Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hyperlynx posted:

Hey, it's not exclusionary. Black olives matter, but that doesn't mean green olives don't!
Hey, pal, it ain't easy being green!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chuck Tingle is a human treasure.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

Has to be deliberate. How the gently caress would you 'forget' that loads of people are watching your stream etc.?

We found out one of our Goon friends loudly speaks to himself while working and listening to "Stranger I Remain" on repeat because he left OBS running.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chuck Tingle's OK, but he's no Carlton Mellick III.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Haunted Vagina posted:

It's difficult to love a woman whose vagina is a gateway to the world of the dead...

Steve is madly in love with his eccentric girlfriend, Stacy. Unfortunately, their sex life has been suffering as of late, because Steve is worried about the odd noises that have been coming from Stacy's pubic region. She says that her vagina is haunted. She doesn't think it's that big of a deal. Steve, on the other hand, completely disagrees.

When a living corpse climbs out of her during an awkward night of sex, Stacy learns that her vagina is actually a doorway to another world. She persuades Steve to climb inside of her to explore this strange new place. But once inside, Steve finds it difficult to return... especially once he meets an oddly attractive woman named Fig, who lives within the lonely haunted world between Stacy's legs.

"A very strange and surprisingly touching love story, despite the deliberately asinine premise. With subtle humor, surreal erotica, and some genuinely creepy moments, The Haunted Vagina is a completely unique reading experience."

"Easily the craziest, weirdest, strangest, funniest, most obscene writer in America." - GOTHIC MAGAZINE

"Bizarre, twisted, and emotionally raw--Carlton Mellick's fiction is the literary equivalent of putting your brain in a blender." - BRIAN KEENE, author of The Rising and Dead Sea

"Carlton Mellick III has the craziest book titles... and the kinkiest fans!" - CHRISTOPHER MOORE, author of The Stupidest Angel

"Carlton Mellick III is one of bizarro fiction's most talented practitioners, a virtuoso of the surreal, science fictional tale." - CORY DOCTOROW, author of Little Brother

"Carlton Melick III exemplifies the intelligence and wit that lurks between its lurid covers. In a genre where crude titles are an art in themselves, Mellick is a true artist." - THE GUARDIAN

"Just as Pop had Andy Warhol and Dada Tristan Tzara, the Bizarro movement has its very own P. T. Barnum-type practitioner. He's the mutton-chopped author of such books as Electric Jesus Corpse and The Menstruating Mall, the illustrator, editor, and instructor of all things Bizarro, and his name is Carlton Mellick III." - DETAILS MAGAZINE

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

du -hast posted:

I strongly recommend everyone read the titles of his books: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Tingle

I laughed so hard I ended up late for work. Personal favorite:

Oppressed In The Butt By My Inclusive Holiday Coffee Cups (November 10, 2015)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

J.A.B.C. posted:

I laughed so hard I ended up late for work. Personal favorite:

Oppressed In The Butt By My Inclusive Holiday Coffee Cups (November 10, 2015)

How long are these stories? He's pretty timely, so they must either be pretty short, or he's just amazing at banging them out.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
Nothing can top the original and best: "My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay rear end"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Leofish posted:

How long are these stories? He's pretty timely, so they must either be pretty short, or he's just amazing at pounding them out.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Kent is a man with a problem, floundering in the gay dating scene as he looks for something that doesn’t seem to exist, a man who is wild, adventurous and rugged while still being smart, gentle and sophisticated.

Just when Kent is certain that he’ll never find the best of both worlds, he meets Channing, a living gay dress who is famous online for appearing black and blue to some, and gold and white to others.

It’s not long before Channing shows Kent that it’s all about perspective, in a hardcore gay love affair that will reveal once and for all just what color the dress really is.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Plan Z posted:

We found out one of our Goon friends loudly speaks to himself while working and listening to "Stranger I Remain" on repeat because he left OBS running.

I did half of this just an hour ago but hit "Stop Streaming" 3 weeks ago...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Leofish posted:

How long are these stories? He's pretty timely, so they must either be pretty short, or he's just amazing at banging them out.

I think they're like 5 pages but Mr Tingle is also maybe an autistic savant and it's supposedly kind of a therapy for him.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I bow to you. :golfclap:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Every time I watch Ridiculousness.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Leofish posted:

Anywhere from 10 to 50 pages, according to the Amazon store.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry for the huge pic, but I think it's necessary for the spelling. Is there anything spelt right?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

From last page, but mods please rename me "Buper Orightught", tia.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I don't understand how Fifty Shades of Grey can be turned into a successful movie, but there's still no sign of an adaptation for Gaygent Brontosaurus: The Butt Is Not Enough.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Teach posted:

Sorry for the huge pic, but I think it's necessary for the spelling. Is there anything spelt right?

"The"

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Teach posted:

I can not put into words how much I want this.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Teach posted:

Thanks, Obrombe!

LordSaturn has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Feb 5, 2016

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Pentaro posted:

From last page, but mods please rename me "Buper Orightught", tia.
I don't think mods do this unless you've completed a mod challenge or something. Or you can pay 10 bucks and do it yourself

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nitrox posted:

I don't think mods do this unless you've completed a mod challenge or something. Or you can pay 10 bucks and do it yourself

They do it when it amuses them, which is pretty rare. Doesn't stop it from being an injoke tho!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

They do it when it amuses them, which is pretty rare. Doesn't stop it from being an injoke tho!

Yeah, It happened in The Football Funhouse at the beginning of the Panthers game a couple weeks ago. Someone was being "ironic" with a "please change my name to <something incredibly stupid>" and a mod immediately said "OK". Whoever it was had been posting like crazy up to that and not one single thing after. It was pretty funny.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

flosofl posted:

Yeah, It happened in The Football Funhouse at the beginning of the Panthers game a couple weeks ago. Someone was being "ironic" with a "please change my name to <something incredibly stupid>" and a mod immediately said "OK". Whoever it was had been posting like crazy up to that and not one single thing after. It was pretty funny.

link

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

mine was changed by replying to a gbs thread with the phrase 'im pooping!' several hundred times

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761492&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=46#post455390534

And it was actually a dev that made the change.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761492&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=47#post455390800

Previous name was Crow_Robot if I remember correctly. And that post I linked to requesting the name change was the last post in the thread. He was annoyingly prolific right up until then. And it looks like he's only made two posts in forum since then.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I jokingly complained about just barely missing a random name change thread in byob and a mod made me whippersnapple for a few hours until I asked nicely to turn me back.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

flosofl posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761492&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=46#post455390534

And it was actually a dev that made the change.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761492&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=47#post455390800

Previous name was Crow_Robot if I remember correctly. And that post I linked to requesting the name change was the last post in the thread. He was annoyingly prolific right up until then. And it looks like he's only made two posts in forum since then.

lol nice

mods can't change names, only admins can

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

mods can't change names, only admins can
prove it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Athlete comes in first in 400 meter hurdles, comes to victory stand with his waifu.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

i think that the thing originated in yospos and some mod there said so

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Krinkle posted:

I jokingly complained about just barely missing a random name change thread in byob and a mod made me whippersnapple for a few hours until I asked nicely to turn me back.
Whippersnapple is an excellent name though, why did you have it changed back

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Athlete comes in first in 400 meter hurdles, comes to victory stand with his waifu.

Ha, that's obviously a joke.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, that's obviously a joke.

Yeah, that waifu is poo poo. A winner like that dude would have a better waifu.

holttho
May 21, 2007

What kind of loser would have a wall scroll as a waifu? Psh. Can't cuddle with a scroll! Body pillow or nuthin, scrubs.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I googled it real quick and it was a failed drink? I had to protect my brand of being a poo poo poster of yore.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:agreed: If my name was Whippersnapple I would never change it. That's a great name.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yes, I had my name changed in a FYAD name change thread long ago. I kept it as A: it's great, and B: much better than the one I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Shai-Hulud posted:

I can not put into words how much I want this.

I too would like a Soyn PlayTatison 3, I heard they support Bul-Ary and wiersles now

• Locked thread