Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nerd Of Prey posted:

They also require every character to do it if they want to finish the Shadow of Revan storyline. They kindly offered a "solo mode" where 2/3 of your party are AI controlled and can't figure out the lovely mechanics of that fight, so you can expect your companion and your combat droid to get knocked into the pit or stuck on a ledge almost immediately, leaving you to get jerked around by the bosses until you die.

I haven't had that kind of bad luck when I've done Blood Hunt, but yeah, it feels tedious and not fun. I would have another four or so characters all the way through KotFE if it weren't required. Fortunately, solobot is so good at healing that both he and my companion can stand in the fire during the last fight and not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

prefect posted:

I haven't had that kind of bad luck when I've done Blood Hunt, but yeah, it feels tedious and not fun. I would have another four or so characters all the way through KotFE if it weren't required. Fortunately, solobot is so good at healing that both he and my companion can stand in the fire during the last fight and not die.

You don't need to do SoR to do KOTFE. Just need to be 60

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

You don't need to do SoR to do KOTFE. Just need to be 60

For "reasons" (OCD, perhaps), I feel required to do Yavin 4 and Ziost before KotFE. They feel like they fit together so tightly that they shouldn't be skipped.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

For "reasons" (OCD, perhaps), I feel required to do Yavin 4 and Ziost before KotFE. They feel like they fit together so tightly that they shouldn't be skipped.

For sure, but it's not required.

I personally ran SoR 16 times just to get Ziost gear haha. I had it down to being able to do everything in like 3 hours.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Medullah posted:

I personally ran SoR 16 times just to get Ziost gear

:ohdear: And.. you're alright?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I understand Rishi and Yavin (plus, the quests in both fly by quick and give amazing XP) but in the 3 times I've done them it I've hit 65 immediately before and immediately after finishing Yavin, so why run Ziost when I can run through KOTFE instead to zip through to alliance building
Plus, I feel like Ziost is pointless after the first time through, and there isn't really that much story anyway

So far my preferred path has been -> Class/PVP/Heroics to 53 -> FA to 56-57 -> Rishi to 61 -> Yavin -64-65
I skipped FA on one character and instead did Ilum/Oricon, but I actually prefer the quick solo flashpoints to the back and forth questing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I understand Rishi and Yavin (plus, the quests in both fly by quick and give amazing XP) but in the 3 times I've done them it I've hit 65 immediately before and immediately after finishing Yavin, so why run Ziost when I can run through KOTFE instead to zip through to alliance building
Plus, I feel like Ziost is pointless after the first time through, and there isn't really that much story anyway

So far my preferred path has been -> Class/PVP/Heroics to 53 -> FA to 56-57 -> Rishi to 61 -> Yavin -64-65
I skipped FA on one character and instead did Ilum/Oricon, but I actually prefer the quick solo flashpoints to the back and forth questing

This is now - all my runs were done pre KOTFE where the Ziost 190 gear was better than 192 comm gear so it was the best way to get decent gear on my non raiding toons.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dalris Othaine posted:

:ohdear: And.. you're alright?

He pretty obviously isn't.

Rannison
Sep 18, 2007

I still run Rishi on select characters while leveling if I think I need a swanky pirate outfit as I don't know of any other way to get it

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Do you like crazy wavy lightsabers like Kylo Ren has?

Hope you saved your cartel coins!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No crossguard, no sale.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Medullah posted:

I hope there's a two-bladed version for my inquisitor or consular.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

I hope there's a two-bladed version for my inquisitor or consular.
Two-bladed two-crossguarded version for my /1. :allears:

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Medullah posted:

Perfect time to actually start playing with my Sith Warrior.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

:awesome:

I'll buy a hypercrate, i assume that poo poo will be gold and also worth a lot on the GTN.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

:awesome:

I'll buy a hypercrate, i assume that poo poo will be gold and also worth a lot on the GTN.

Pretty sure this one is a direct sell - not in a crate. Probably 2000 cartel coins.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kalstrams posted:

Two-bladed two-crossguarded version for my /1. :allears:

That actually kind of already exists. http://tor-fashion.com/warmasters-double-bladed-lightsaber/

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure this one is a direct sell - not in a crate. Probably 2000 cartel coins.

it says "Anarchists Pack".

Why wouldn't that mean it comes in the pack?

If they're doing a direct sale, no thanks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

it says "Anarchists Pack".

Why wouldn't that mean it comes in the pack?

If they're doing a direct sale, no thanks.

Ah didn't read that right.

Better if it comes direct than in a pack, it'll be cheaper on the GTN and easier to obtain. :(

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/695693696369627136

Nice sabers, Nonentity

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Beaten.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
So I'm finishing off the last story I haven't done, Trooper. This is such a slog, and I'm not really feeling the story at all right now, even towards the end of Chapter 1. Does it get any more interesting than just basic soldier shootmans? I've been going as dark side as possible, and it's still feels kind of limp.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Colgate posted:

So I'm finishing off the last story I haven't done, Trooper. This is such a slog, and I'm not really feeling the story at all right now, even towards the end of Chapter 1. Does it get any more interesting than just basic soldier shootmans? I've been going as dark side as possible, and it's still feels kind of limp.

Not... really :(

You're basically a top-level special unit leader and do top-level special unit stuff throughout. Some people really like the trooper story but it's a mixed bag for most and a slog for others. I personally find it the least interesting of the 8 available.

E: If you like the playstyle, the Bounty Hunter is the mirror and while it's arguably the least interesting story Empire-side (and then it's the best for other people - you know, diff'rent strokes and all), it's much better than trooper IMO.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 6, 2016

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Hulk Smash! posted:

You're basically a top-level special unit leader and do top-level special unit stuff throughout. Some people really like the trooper story but it's a mixed bag for most and a slog for others. I personally find it the least interesting of the 8 available.

E: If you like the playstyle, the Bounty Hunter is the mirror and while it's arguably the least interesting story Empire-side (and then it's the best for other people - you know, diff'rent strokes and all), it's much better than trooper IMO.

While I actually really liked bh story and didn't hate trooper, bh has the advantage of having some of the best animations in the game.

Also those new sabers are amazing. That little flare up they do is great.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah, Bounty Hunter was a lot better in general for me, even if it did sort of fall apart for awhile in Chapter 2, before picking up at the end of Chapter 3. The fact that I liked Pyrotech Powertech a lot more than I like Gunnery Commando might also be a reason.

I kind of want to redo Warrior, Smuggler and Inquisitor, the former two because I haven't played them in a long time, not since all the reworks, and the latter because I want to make some different choices, especially in the finale, and also pick Assassin over Sorcerer. I decided I didn't really care for Sorcerer, while my Jedi Shadow was my favorite class to play, and I want to take them into KoTFE content.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Catsworth posted:

While I actually really liked bh story and didn't hate trooper, bh has the advantage of having some of the best animations in the game.

Unfortunately (or fortunately since TNG is mostly Imp side), all of the animations are way better Empire side and so is the voice work.

Catsworth posted:

Also those new sabers are amazing. That little flare up they do is great.
:agreed: Nonentity killing it again.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Colgate posted:

Yeah, Bounty Hunter was a lot better in general for me, even if it did sort of fall apart for awhile in Chapter 2, before picking up at the end of Chapter 3. The fact that I liked Pyrotech Powertech a lot more than I like Gunnery Commando might also be a reason.

That's interesting, because I felt just about the opposite way. I'm a sucker for the big-rear end assault cannon. :)

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

prefect posted:

That's interesting, because I felt just about the opposite way. I'm a sucker for the big-rear end assault cannon. :)

Oh, it's a cool weapon, no doubt, I just don't really care for Gunnery's animations. I'm thinking of switching to Assault.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Also, I have never been impressed by Boba Fett or the whole Mandalorian thing. :shrug:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

The assault cannon looks cool but all the moves look stupid compared to their Mercenary equivalents. Grav Round just looks like a limp dick shooting out a weak glob compared to tracer missile.

Rich Uncle Skeleton
Mar 1, 2010
Fun Shoe
Somehow I ended up having a Pyromech be my main. The Hunter story really isn't the greatest thing in the world after Chapter 1, just the echo what a few people said, but the actual class is really fun to play. You get a grappling hook to reel people in! Like that time Boba Fett did that to Luke Skywalker only to die moments later!

The main issue with all non-force classes is that their storylines start to break down after Makeb. It really doesn't make sense that the Empire would hire what amounts to a jumped-up thug like the Bounty Hunter to go after the likes of Revan or the Emperor. The Smuggler makes even less sense. I know it seems kind of ridiculous to say something breaks the suspension of disbelief in a space wizard game like this, but eh, that's just how it feels to me. I'm playing through KOTFE with my Warrior and Knight to get into the story and just skipping the cutscenes with my Hunter for that reason.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Did servers just poo poo the bed or something?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kalstrams posted:

Did servers just poo poo the bed or something?

It seems like it. I got disconnected and relaunching doesn't even open to server select.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
right in the middle of hm kp fabricator droid :/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kirtar posted:

It seems like it. I got disconnected and relaunching doesn't even open to server select.
So it's not me alone then. Welp.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pinkk posted:

right in the middle of hm kp fabricator droid :/

Consider that a blessing! Were you on puzzle duty? Because you definitely need the practice. ;)

And judging from the posts on Reddit it's all servers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I got to character selection, but I can't load in.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Can I get khalos mask? I'm a sith warrior or something(I use one saber but I think I unlock duel weld soon). First mission was to get some ultimate sith death saber and then tell some little prick I'm gonna rip his rear end in a top hat out when I get to battle him in an arena or something.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Weird, I've been on all evening and have had no disruption at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Medullah posted:

FYI - with the upcoming crafting changes, expertise crystals will no longer be craftable but they're not getting rid of the schematics if you already have them - so if you've got an artificer, go buy the two War Hero schematics you can get (White-Purple-Blue and White-Yellow-Orange) before you can't get em anymore.

Does this mean the ones from the pvp vendor also?

• Locked thread