Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
Blue Moon and Mardu 5-0 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Great game but I got it for Xmas. :3: maybe campaign for North Africa?

I refuse to believe that anyone has actually finished that game based off of what I've heard about it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

jassi007 posted:

The eldrazi deck is the #mtgfinance hit of the day. I've been watching TCGplayer, Chalice of the Void is gone. Eldrazi Mimic, Matter Reshaper, Reality Smasher, Thought-Knot Seer are flying out of stores. Draft lots of Oath folks!
Thank god I got my playsets of these on the cheap last week. Kinda wish I had grabbed Thought-Knot Seer too but I thought it would come down more. :(

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
"Those Wall of Omens holding the fart, er, fort down nicely"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wall of Omens is the realest mother fuckin card in the game today

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Chill la Chill posted:

Yay maybe my foil chalices won't be worthless anymore. I can trade them in for board games??

hate to comment on the thread but please stop posting about not playing magic it's so loving annoying.

if you don't like it just stop talking about it. it's always in such a cutesy "don't mind me" way. loving stop

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I want to know what board games my friend Chill La Chill is playing; Magic was a game designed to be played between role-playing, just like Richard Garfield would have wanted

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Death Bot posted:

I want to know what board games my friend Chill La Chill is playing; Magic was a game designed to be played between role-playing, just like Richard Garfield would have wanted

Hello friend, I have codenames and Caverna ready to play before FNM tonight. I think they make for good warm-up games before playing wizard poker.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Wastes are good and Colorless mana was a good idea.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

jassi007 posted:

The eldrazi deck is the #mtgfinance hit of the day. I've been watching TCGplayer, Chalice of the Void is gone. Eldrazi Mimic, Matter Reshaper, Reality Smasher, Thought-Knot Seer are flying out of stores. Draft lots of Oath folks!

TIME TO CASH IN! :getin:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chalice has always been a dope sideboard card, I am glad I have mine already.

edit: Like Chalice/Threads/Relic of Progenitus go in every single sideboard whenever I play a blue based control deck

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

rabidsquid posted:

Chalice has always been a dope sideboard card, I am glad I have mine already.

edit: Like Chalice/Threads/Relic of Progenitus go in every single sideboard whenever I play a blue based control deck

I play Merfolk and this is correct.

Sometimes the sideboard plan for affinity is "Put in the Chalices, and pray for them in the opening hand" and when it works, it works so well.

I've been considering getting some Threads of Disloyalty as we have a shitload of Goyf decks in our modern scene last time I checked. How is Threads for you?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've had them for a while too because I'm a doofus who plays Legacy Stompy :feelsgood: Also a SB pair in Blue Tron but I haven't played that deck in a while.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Most exciting new development of this PT for me is definitely Marshal's burgeoning beard.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Most of the Eldrazi deck, except for the manabase, is from one small set. drat.

Also, is everyone else very mildly annoyed by players at their LGS calling colorless mana "Wastes" or "Waste mana"? As in, "Reality Smasher costs four and one Wastes".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Count Bleck posted:

Sometimes the sideboard plan for affinity is "Put in the Chalices, and pray for them in the opening hand" and when it works, it works so well.

I've been considering getting some Threads of Disloyalty as we have a shitload of Goyf decks in our modern scene last time I checked. How is Threads for you?

Threads is specifically for Goyf decks and it's almost always really good. It's pretty great for stealing Scavenging Ooze too. I mean they can Abrupt Decay it but it's such a beating when they don't have it.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

Also, is everyone else very mildly annoyed by players at their LGS calling colorless mana "Wastes" or "Waste mana"? As in, "Reality Smasher costs four and one Wastes".

no

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

The misconception that the new colorless symbol is some kind of kooky new mana is probably never going away.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
This has got to be the most cards from the new set that have ever shown up in PT coverage. At least for Modern.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

BJPaskoff posted:

Be happy that's what they're calling colorless.

There's two names I've heard it go by in this quality area of Jersey.

"Anus Mana"

"Goatse Mana."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Count Bleck posted:

Be happy that's what they're calling colorless.

There's two names I've heard it go by in this quality area of Jersey.

"Anus Mana"

"Goatse Mana."

Oh man, wait until rkpost gets a hold of mine. :getin:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is there a list up anywhere for the CFB Eldrazi deck yet?

From what I can tell it's something like

Relic of Progenitus?
Chalice of the Void (I assume you try to drop chalice on 1 on turn 1 with a spirit guide?)
Eldrazi Mimic
Matter Reshaper
Thought-Knot Seer
Reality Smasher
Endless One
Simian Spirit Guide
Dismember
Spellskite (sideboard?)

Eldrazi Temple
Eye of Ugin
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Blinkmoth Nexus
Mutavault
Wastes (As a 1-of?)
Ghost Quarter

Ratchet Bombs in the sideboard.

With most of those being 4-ofs. And I assume there's Wasteland Stranglers or something in there to take advantage of the exiled cards from Thought-Knot and Relic?

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Count Bleck posted:

I bought my 4th Chalice a few hours earlier; was holding out on finishing my playset for Merfolk... I havent played much against Affinity but now I know!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

logis posted:

I bought my 4th Chalice a few hours earlier; was holding out on finishing my playset for Merfolk... I havent played much against Affinity but now I know!

It's definitely a lot better than Hurkyl's Recall. Recall is only really good if you do it during their end step so you get to crack back in.

Unfortunately they also like to do a lot of damage when they alpha.

I need 2 more. I'll hold out another couple months for when Modern Season ends.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I have a collection that I can export into CSV values, where can I upload it, to sort by most valuable?

Also, I never really liked Eldrazi, so I might sell my Oblivion Sowers, and It Betrays, which are apparently both worth 10$ now? Should I wait?

Is this what MTG Finance is?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I bought my Chalices at $6. Hire me Goldman Sachs.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I bought my Chalices at $6. Hire me Goldman Sachs.

Can I borrow your time machine? I'll pick you up a couple dozen .50 cent Goyfs.

In other news, Karn dropped a whole dollar today! Wow!

Oh hey poo poo it's actually come down a fair bit. I guess RG Tron isn't making as many waves as many people expected?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Entropic posted:

Is there a list up anywhere for the CFB Eldrazi deck yet?

From what I can tell it's something like

Relic of Progenitus?
Chalice of the Void (I assume you try to drop chalice on 1 on turn 1 with a spirit guide?)
Eldrazi Mimic
Matter Reshaper
Thought-Knot Seer
Reality Smasher
Endless One
Simian Spirit Guide
Dismember
Spellskite (sideboard?)

Eldrazi Temple
Eye of Ugin
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Blinkmoth Nexus
Mutavault
Wastes (As a 1-of?)
Ghost Quarter

Ratchet Bombs in the sideboard.

With most of those being 4-ofs. And I assume there's Wasteland Stranglers or something in there to take advantage of the exiled cards from Thought-Knot and Relic?

I believe I've also seen Warping Wail. Not sure I saw the Mutavaults either. Otherwise that looks about right.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Count Bleck posted:

It's definitely a lot better than Hurkyl's Recall. Recall is only really good if you do it during their end step so you get to crack back in.

Unfortunately they also like to do a lot of damage when they alpha.

I need 2 more. I'll hold out another couple months for when Modern Season ends.

Ehhhh you can still pretty easily die to lands through Chalice, I wouldn't say it's absolutely way better than Hurkyl's for the Affinity match up. It's way better to have Chalice in the board almost all of the rest of the time though, it's actually okay against burn or u/r delver or w/e, whereas recall is flat useless.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Count Bleck posted:

Can I borrow your time machine? I'll pick you up a couple dozen .50 cent Goyfs.

In other news, Karn dropped a whole dollar today! Wow!

My friend did that at the pre-release:
1. "Buy that weird green card for a dollar?" (Repeat many times)
2. ???
3. Pay for a semester of school

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gently caress. I traded my MTGO Chalices for Eidolons on Wednesday.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

logis posted:

My friend did that at the pre-release:
1. "Buy that weird green card for a dollar?" (Repeat many times)
2. ???
3. Pay for a semester of school

I wish I was this savvy.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
There's a Death's Shadow zoo deck at 5-1? :allears:

e: and playing against Infect!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Entropic posted:

It owns. I've been playing it for months now.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol at jace's arm going all lesser dog in the animation

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

e: and playing against Infect!

This is why I watch the Pro Tour

Well that and to groan in agony at the end of which standard/modern decks are going to skyrocket in price.

Edit: Hahahaha he just killed Muller with a Dryad Arbor.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 5, 2016

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sickening posted:

The titans are dead. Good story telling.

A few pages back, but I love that the Ulamog and Kozilek resolution did turn out to be, in fact, exactly as dumb as it appeared at face value. People were all like "well, it looks really dumb, but they could be planning to surprise us with a later plot twist... let's wait and see..."

:itwaspoo:

(I'm reading this correctly, right? Someone said on the PT coverage that yes, they really are for-reals dead?)

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
This deaths shadow would have made a great deck tech, I am unfamiliar with it and cant tell what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ulamog, Actually It Turns Out He Is The Finite Gyre and Kozilek, Dead Dickhead are going to be their next printed iterations

• Locked thread