Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Then they could cancel Arrow and Flash and even Legends of Tomorrow, because Prison Break: Rogues with those four guys would be the best show of all.

My new goal in life is to see this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

50% Spartacus, 50% Prison Break. 100% Awesome.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

Season's not over yet. I would say it's Tatsu is in the grave, but if she was, really who would even care?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It could be Diggle's wife, she's hardly in the show, but it would hit everybody who knows him pretty hard.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I dont know posted:

Season's not over yet. I would say it's Tatsu is in the grave, but if she was, really who would even care?

More like Sucksu

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

It could be Diggle's wife, she's hardly in the show, but it would hit everybody who knows him pretty hard.

Nah, She's pretty much poised to take up Waller's mantle as head of ARGUS considering she and Dig are a major part of the next mini cross-over with Flash, where Dig's gonna get a Cisco-upgraded helmet.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm all for more Lyla cause she's smokin' hot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lyla just needs an eyepatch and she can be the Nick Fury for DCTV

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I contend that season 3 of arrow only fell apart after a decent opening half.

Killing Sara and letting the narrative spin its wheels was far, far better than the garbage in the second half. In particular, the whole "Oliver is brainwashed off-screen but not really but Rhas believes it because he is a goddamn tool" is easily the dumbest, most infuriating arc the show ever did.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Or not killing Barrowman.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

This still brings us to the question of who is in that grave.

It's you

You're in the grave

We have to kill that son of a bitch

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Ha visionShado just flat out says "this is a vision" in a completely non trippy fever scene.

Also I counted three variations of "it's my life, my choice." Lot of talking about Oliver feeling responsible for everything too. So pretty tell-don't-show amateurish scriptwriting but worth it for Barrowman's "Where's your BFF Damien Dahrk?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

still laughing that oliver blew off his meeting with damien. now you will never be able to talk him down after snubbing him like that
Yeah, that really seemed like a dumb idea. Even if he decided not to ask him to help Thea, he could still have pretended he was trying to work out a compromise to try to figure out Dhahrhkh's plans.

Mooseontheloose posted:

On the other hand, masterful super hero trolling.
The one possible positive outcome is that it might piss off Dhahmhihahnh enough for him to do something stupid and inadvertently give Team Arrow a lead (or some advantage).

Scyantific posted:

(Malcolm's entrances are still the best in any DC property)
That's what you get with Barrowman. Look at Torchwood: loving awful show with absolutely no redeeming qualities - except for Barrowman's flair for dramatic entrances, poses and monologues.

computer parts posted:

The writing also has a bit of the complaints, but those same writers are on S2 of The Flash and it works so much better over there because they have that ever-present enemy in Zoom.
Ever-present? Zoom is a non-entity. We know nothing about him and he's barely been in the show. A lot of people talk about him but nothing happens.

enraged_camel posted:

Malcolm should never have come back after Season 1. It was one of those things where the actor was popular with the audience, so the writers found an excuse to bring him back and shoe-horned him into as many plots as possible, and even to this day it feels awkward as gently caress.

Season 1 Malcolm was awesome because he was a mysterious, elusive enemy who was always one step ahead of Oliver and kept kicking his rear end. Now he basically makes fancy entrances and keeps saying "my daughter" a lot.
Yeah, but those entrances are the best part of the show. That bit in the crossover where he just shows up out of nowhere and the Flash team are all like "what the gently caress is going on, who is this guy?" was the best thing that's happened on either show.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tiggum posted:

Ever-present? Zoom is a non-entity. We know nothing about him and he's barely been in the show. A lot of people talk about him but nothing happens.

They're saving the reveal that he's Earth 2's Joe West for the end of the season. Then we'll get more about him.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
smh at the doctor checking Thea's neck for a pulse when there was a huge rear end heartbeat monitor right in front of her

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tiggum posted:

He's the direct cause of all of the bad guys they've fought (except Captain Cold's dad, I guess), he's made a direct appearance on screen where he beat down Barry worse than anyone else has, and he's been shown to directly manipulate Wells and others. Oh and the next two episodes are apparently about Going to Earth-2 to rescue Wells' daughter so he's definitely going to be a major force there. He is very present.

The only way you could be more present to be like Reverse Flash and insert yourself into Team Flash.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

computer parts posted:

He's the direct cause of all of the bad guys they've fought (except Captain Cold's dad, I guess), he's made a direct appearance on screen where he beat down Barry worse than anyone else has, and he's been shown to directly manipulate Wells and others. Oh and the next two episodes are apparently about Going to Earth-2 to rescue Wells' daughter so he's definitely going to be a major force there. He is very present.

The only way you could be more present to be like Reverse Flash and insert yourself into Team Flash.

Grodd, Turtle, Atomic guy, Trickster, Weather Wizard, Tarpit, RF, Vandal Savage all had nothing to do with him.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

greatn posted:

Grodd, Turtle, Atomic guy, Trickster, Weather Wizard, Tarpit, RF, Vandal Savage all had nothing to do with him.

Atomic guy? You mean from ep1? He was there because Zoom chucked him through the portal.

I'll give you the others, since I agree on the whole. Almost no Zoom and the season has been poo poo overall.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

Atomic guy? You mean from ep1? He was there because Zoom chucked him through the portal.

I'll give you the others, since I agree on the whole. Almost no Zoom and the season has been poo poo overall.

I mean not firestorm, the Angry black man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should use what Beyonce was wearing at the Superbowl as a Black Canary costume.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Slade's tied to another DC project (probably suicide squad) and Huntress would have come back if Jessica DeGouw was available this season :gonk:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

If memory serves, there was a Teen Titans pilot this year that didn't get picked up and might be being retooled or shopped to Amazon or whatever. So its probably that cos he's the iconic Titans villain.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

punchymcpunch posted:

If memory serves, there was a Teen Titans pilot this year that didn't get picked up and might be being retooled or shopped to Amazon or whatever. So its probably that cos he's the iconic Titans villain.

There was some rumoring that it was killed because the Cyborg film is going to be retooled into a Titans film.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Thank you to whatever other show took that Huntress bullet.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Rhyno posted:

There was some rumoring that it was killed because the Cyborg film is going to be retooled into a Titans film.

That would rule, imagine if they got Schwarzenegger to play "Deathstroke the Terminator, no, not that Terminator".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

punchymcpunch posted:

That would rule, imagine if they got Schwarzenegger to play "Deathstroke the Terminator, no, not that Terminator".

Anything that keeps Cyborg out of the JL is good with me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he's already confirmed for it, actually.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Someone's gotta sit in the Watchtower doing comms duty, and Mr Manhunter isnt available because Mars is box office poison.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Probably unrelated, but Deathstroke will almost certainly be a huge part of WB Montreal's (unannounced but very obvious) Suicide Squad game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

punchymcpunch posted:

Someone's gotta sit in the Watchtower doing comms duty, and Mr Manhunter isnt available because Mars is box office poison.

I guess I'm okay if he's just an intern or something.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I would guess that Deathstroke also hinges on Manu Bennett's availability considering he's on Shannara now. How is that show doing anyway? Don't have cable and my only knowledge of Shannara was the old PC game like 20 years ago.

Also which other Arrow-verse show is Floyd Lawton showing up on? Last we saw him on Arrow he was presumed dead(You don't see a body, you can't confirm a death). I guess the most obvious would be Legends of Tomorrow, but maybe he'll show up in The Flash on Earth-2?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Not great, but pretty amazing considering it's a terrible elf show on MTV.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

punchymcpunch posted:

What's that about Mars?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I hope you're not suggesting that The Mars Curse was just a dumb coincidence!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bentacos posted:

I would guess that Deathstroke also hinges on Manu Bennett's availability considering he's on Shannara now.

It would also depend on him getting the assault charges dropped from beating up that dude a couple months back.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Whizbang posted:

Thank you to whatever other show took that Huntress bullet.

You don't want to see Jessica DeGouw in a tight leather outfit again? What the hell is your problem??

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

enraged_camel posted:

You don't want to see Jessica DeGouw in a tight leather outfit again? What the hell is your problem??

You want to see Jessica DeGouw "act" again? What the hell is your problem??

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Whizbang posted:

You want to see Jessica DeGouw "act" again? What the hell is your problem??

I didn't say I want to see her act...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's really not worse than Willa Holland.

bentacos posted:

I would guess that Deathstroke also hinges on Manu Bennett's availability considering he's on Shannara now. How is that show doing anyway? Don't have cable and my only knowledge of Shannara was the old PC game like 20 years ago.

Also which other Arrow-verse show is Floyd Lawton showing up on? Last we saw him on Arrow he was presumed dead(You don't see a body, you can't confirm a death). I guess the most obvious would be Legends of Tomorrow, but maybe he'll show up in The Flash on Earth-2?

It's Flash. And this is text to make the box longer and less obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jessica De Gouw don't have Willa Holland's midriff game.

• Locked thread